Message Boards

Topic : 12/04 Dr. Phil's Get Real Retreat, Part 4

Number of Replies: 66
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, November 26, 2008, 07:27:18 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Fourteen courageous people spend three days facing Dr. Phil and the reality of their problems, which include addiction, anger, grief and abuse. In part four of Dr. Phil’s retreat, the guests examine their feelings towards their mom and dad and address how who they are today relates to the influence of their parents. Will the participants free themselves from the pain of their past and let go of resentment they say they harbor against their parents? When Kelly is asked what she would say to her father if he were alive, her overwhelming emotions get the best of her. And, Carina delves into her feelings about her abusive stepfather. Is she waiting for an apology that will never come? Plus, Jessica R., who battles with weight and self-image, says she doesn’t feel she deserves to be in the retreat. When Dr. Phil plays a video of her at home, will she realize she’s right where she belongs? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 18, 2008, 6:02 am CST

relate with Paige

I feel connected with Paige's story. I'm not in love with a married man, but he might as well be.

He pulls at my heart strings just enough for me to get my hopes up...then drops me on my ass.

It hurts, I cry, he says he feels bad...but that's it. we aren't a couple...we aren't anything.

Why do I think things will ever get better & why don't I get this through my head that he isn't the man for me!! I don't deserve this & I know that....but I continue to think about him & love him.

December 19, 2008, 1:04 am CST

I agree!

Quote From: sehmommy

I don't know what to say to you, other than I'm sorry for all you have been through.  I don't think that it makes you stupid or that you're wrong for caring for your parents at this time.  There is something in you that is lovely and beautiful, but you can't see it right now.  I hope that Dr. Phil can help you, or that someone local can.  You are definitely not a useless person, people need you, and it sounds as though you have turned out way better than your siblings.  I believe strongly in the power of prayer, and I will pray for you.
I spent 9 years of my life taking care of my parents. I did it because I knew for me it was the right thing to do regardless of how I was treated when I grew up. Now with them both dead I'm dealing with the issues I couldn't while they were still alive and sick. I hope in time I will work through them. It really helps finding people you trust to talk with. I can't tell you how healing it is to dump all your garbage out and people don't judge you for it!!! No one is a lost cause! Everyone can get help if they really want it and seak it. I'll be praying for you too!

December 19, 2008, 1:23 am CST

Relating with Carina's situation

Dear Dr. Phil:

I wanted to let you know how powerful the interaction with Carina was for me. It was a total "light bulb" moment for me when you explained that her step father couldn't give her what he didn't have himself. I especially liked the word picture about the "car keys". I wish you would have included that on your site. Good thing is that I tape most of your shows and will be saving this one as a reminder.

I've learned a lot and have been watching since your Oprah days. God Bless you for the work that you do!

June 29, 2009, 6:49 pm CDT

12/04 Dr. Phil's Get Real Retreat, Part 4

here in holland i think the show is broadcasted way later.

But i watched the show and these are all big issues comparing to what i`m going through, but i did learn to leave the past , the past en move on. I`m trying to do that now.

So thanks!

June 30, 2009, 9:41 am CDT

recognize

hi dr. Phil,

I always love your shows especially the get real retreat and the weight loss challenge.

I  struggle with my weight for almost 20 years now, i had Binge Eating Disorder.

I recognize alot in Jessica R. in the get real retreat shows.

I know what i should do but i cant. I dont know why i cant stop eating, i know its bad for me and i'm afraid for heart diseases etc but i just cant stop.

yesterday part 3 of the get real retreat was shown in the Netherlands and it keeps bugging me with the question about forgiving yourself. I dont think i forgave myself for all the bullying that people did on me.

Thanks for all your wise words, it means alot to me!

Kind regards

Sabrina from Holland

June 30, 2009, 9:45 am CDT

shows in holland

To dvddraad,

The shows in Holland are broadcasted about 6 months later, same for the oprah shows.

Im in holland as well, and saw part 4 yesterday as well ;)

Sabrina

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next Page | Last Page