Message Boards

Topic : 12/10 Obsessions?

Number of Replies: 52
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, December 05, 2008, 12:47:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
When does a hobby become an obsession? Dr. Phil’s guests say they are definitely obsessed! First, meet a group of women who can’t get enough of a new craze called reborning -- crafting infant dolls that are so life-like, people mistake them for real babies. Some spend thousands of dollars on their dolls, as if they were real children. Author and comedienne Stefanie Wilder-Taylor spends some time with the doting doll lovers during a party you have to see to believe!  Then, Anona says she’s obsessed with her hair, which she hasn’t cut in 17 years. Anona says she’s ready for a change, but how will she react when actress Vivica A. Fox and celebrity stylist Phillip Bloch get their hands on her? Don’t miss this amazing makeover! Plus, a mom is concerned about her 7-year-old’s obsession with all things Elvis. And, Vivica A. Fox spills the beans about an obsession she shares with Dr. Phil’s wife, Robin … that even Dr. Phil wasn’t aware of! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 17, 2008, 12:32 pm CST

Vivica Fox

It really hurt to see Vivica Fox boasting about having 600 or more pairs of shoes and that she pays $1300 a pair for them.  So many of us are wondering how in the world we are going to pay our real estate taxes to save us from losing our homes; so many of us, including my family members, are suddenly without work, and I felt really, really upset to see just how much these stars waste on non-essentials.  I know she says she works hard but, come on, so do a lot of other people, and in a lot less desirable environments. Please, Vivica, think about others before you go and buy your next pair of shoes, and imagine what that

$1300 would do for an impoverished family.  If we could get all the "stars" of entertainment and sports to donate to the country's finance problems, maybe we could see the future being a little brighter.  I know families that have absolutely N o t h i n g for Christmas; no gifts for the children; no money for food; and I guess I'm particularly sensitive at this time of year. 

December 31, 2008, 12:42 pm CST

12/10 Obsessions?

Quote From: nan_schumacher

Dear Dr. Phil,

I was really upset this morning when I watched your show about obsessions.  When you interviewed Vivica Fox and she had on a pair of shoes that cost $.1,300.00.  With the economy the way it is, people losing their homes, jobs and Christmas just around the corner, how can people laugh about spending that kind of money on their shoes and etc.  Look at how many people they could help with that kind of money.  I know they may work hard but it seemed like she was bragging.  Please just keep that kind of information to yourself.

Thank  you for listening.

Nan Schumacher 

And, those hideously ugly $1,300 shoes were only one pair out of the 650 she bragged about owning. I bought a much better looking pair from Goodwill for only $5! They're red sequined and look just like Dorothy's ruby slippers.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next Page | Last Page