Message Boards

Topic : 12/15 Headline Horror Stories

Number of Replies: 63
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 11:12:51 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
What would push an 8-year-old to allegedly kill his own father? What would make a man brutally murder a talented anchorwoman? Dr. Phil is joined by Nancy Grace of  Headline News, children’s rights attorney Paul Mones and criminologist Dr. Denise Boots as they delve into shocking and horrific headlines. Recently, police were called to a fitness club in Tracy, California where an emaciated and half-naked teen boy stumbled in, covered in soot and bruises, with a shackle on his ankle. The boy told a terrifying story of escaping from a house where he was kept prisoner, locked in chains, beaten and starved. Nancy has strong opinions about the boy's alleged captors. Then, an Arizona town was recently rocked by the news of an 8-year-old boy arrested for allegedly shooting and killing his father and another man. See the interrogation video in which the boy allegedly confessed. Are there any warning signs that a child is going to kill a parent? Should an 8-year-old be tried for murder? A heated debate ensues between Paul and Nancy. Plus, 13-year-old Tyler falsely confessed to the murder of his brother-in-law. He was tried as adult, sentenced to life in prison and served six years before being exonerated from the crime. Now 19, Tyler shares what made him lie to the police. And, Dr. Phil discusses the case of a beautiful young newscaster found brutally attacked and left for dead in her home in Little Rock, Arkansas. Anne Pressly’s case is eerily similar to the murder of another anchorwoman in 2002. Was it more than a random robbery? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 15, 2008, 2:54 pm CST

12/15 Headline Horror Stories

Quote From: lookarock

Quote "The towns are not that far apart 200 or 300 miles"     Try over 500 miles apart.

you know  just because a child does something like this that doesnt mean there was abuse cause in my cause there was know abuse he just has problems and he needs help and theres not alot of help out there for kids how have a.d.h.d or bypoler and this kids need help why isnt there help for thesse kids they dont desever to be locked uo they just need help

December 15, 2008, 3:29 pm CST

Quote From: sweetmommygirl

you know  just because a child does something like this that doesnt mean there was abuse cause in my cause there was know abuse he just has problems and he needs help and theres not alot of help out there for kids how have a.d.h.d or bypoler and this kids need help why isnt there help for thesse kids they dont desever to be locked uo they just need help

Umm, ADHD and BiPolar disorder are two different animals..  IMO, both are diagnosed too frequently without sound science.  Of the two, diagnoses of ADHD are the worst.  If a kid doesn't settle down and behave like all the other kids in class, it's easier to medicate him than to address the real problems.  It's a cop out.  Bi-polar which used to be called manic depression is a bit more incidious and harder to get a handle on. 

But in both cases, lack of nurture as opposed to nature could possibly be the culprit.  My question is how much the kid should pay for the parent's failure to nurture?.

December 15, 2008, 3:51 pm CST

Eight year old

Dr. Phil, I cannot believe that your system (I am Canadian) locks up kids for life.  Somewhat relative, the other night I was watching the "Manson Gang" (the women) how sad; what a waste.  I am sure some of  those women could have been productive members of society, potentially more honest citizens than the Bush gang. 

Other than revenge (Nancy says may they rot in hell) what good does it serve?  As you have said on your show many times, forgiveness can go a long way!!   I know our system up here is not perfect, but perhaps just a bit more human. 

December 15, 2008, 3:55 pm CST

Horror Stories

I watched in dismay today on the show, how much I hurt inside for this little boy accused of killing his father, and the friend. I had to stop watching it made me so angry at the system, you all want justice but no on is willing to actually listen to this little man pleading for help. I am a grandmother of 17, and right now we are going through something not as terrible as this, but in my eyes is still just as bad as abuse, my granddaughter is 3, and is being taken away from her family because her mother wants a new life somewhere far away, her daddy is heartbroken that she is not going to be around and her brother and sister are devastated, now will someone please tell what the difference is between child abuse and neglect, isn't it the same......I have called Child Protective Serivces and got no response while my granddaughter is being slapped around litterally slapped, showing up with brusies, and no one will do anything to help.......and my fear is that when she gets to be alittle older will she beg for help and get none and become the headline in the future of Horror Stories.......How do we as a whole stop this abuse our little people are dealing with, can you only imagine what is going throug thier little minds, when no one hears them.........

December 15, 2008, 4:05 pm CST

Horror Stories??

This child who was being abused for a year & it doesn't surprise me one bit! When I was a child, I was being abused by my sister for SIX long years & it was reported to CPS hundreds of times but no one did anything including a so-called psychiatrist who was directly responsible for keeping CPS out of it.

CPS is just a JOKE anyway! They have been known to investigate SINGLE PARENT families without cause and NOT to investigate legitamite cases.

December 15, 2008, 4:21 pm CST

Murder in S.W. mo

I am writing this for my mother, because she still can’t totally deal with the pain that some person inflicted on my family that sad Saturday night. It was a normal Sunday morning at church when we got the phone call from my aunt. She said that my elderly grandparents were gone. We didn’t know what was going on, but that is was bad. When we got down to their house we where told that they had been killed at about eight thirty the night before. One of my uncles had found them and therefore that made him guilty. It was about a week later when they took my uncle in and started harassing him and showing him picture he was already traumatized by finding them. They also took his pregnant wife in and were harassing her too. They didn’t let us have the house till about three weeks after they had been killed. The sad part is that nothing was taken. The police have not found anybody and they won’t let us the family know anything. All we want is some peace about who and WHY they did this.

They were a nice, church going people and had no enemies to speak of. The police have not been kind to us and just want to blame it on someone so that they can keep their “perfect” record. Maybe if they did their jobs and stop blaming people that didn’t do it they could find the real killers.

December 15, 2008, 4:42 pm CST

Disterbing

Does or did any one lessen to that little boy's story why he was confessing or the interrogations.He said he went down stars to reload the gun cause they were coming back he thought he seen a car coming.I'm sorry but some one help him or the bad guys that smoke and drive fast had some thing to do with it and that little boy has no reason 8 years old is not going to talk about the bad guys down the street i mean come on people lessen to what he says he dint understand he was brain washed big time cause it makes not freaking sense's sorry for the potty mouth but i believe that kid was told and tote ever thing from the bad people.Don't get me wrong his parents were bad for putting hands on there kid.But that little boy 8 year old think girls in school have kuddies he was for sure brain washed and told.Thank you for your time

December 15, 2008, 4:59 pm CST

Nancy Grace adds no value

Please don't ever bother having Nancy Grace on the show.  She had absolutely nothing to offer the show, in the way of information, or thoughtful opinion.  She's shrill, and a bit over the top in her "outrage".
Total turn-off, all around, and if I see her on the show again, I'll be changing the station.
I'm surprised she was put on this show today at all.

December 15, 2008, 5:02 pm CST

Love your show but cant stand nancy Grace!!!!  She makes me want to change the channel!  I cant watch her and her cuss words so unprofessional!

December 15, 2008, 5:20 pm CST

nancy grace

it was great to hear someone tell nancy grace she was wrong and her not telling the person to shut up. Her show is so demeaning when someone else has a difference of opinion. She is horrible and you could tell Phil was not comfortable with her on the show.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last