Message Boards

Topic : 12/15 Headline Horror Stories

Number of Replies: 63
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 11:12:51 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
What would push an 8-year-old to allegedly kill his own father? What would make a man brutally murder a talented anchorwoman? Dr. Phil is joined by Nancy Grace of  Headline News, children’s rights attorney Paul Mones and criminologist Dr. Denise Boots as they delve into shocking and horrific headlines. Recently, police were called to a fitness club in Tracy, California where an emaciated and half-naked teen boy stumbled in, covered in soot and bruises, with a shackle on his ankle. The boy told a terrifying story of escaping from a house where he was kept prisoner, locked in chains, beaten and starved. Nancy has strong opinions about the boy's alleged captors. Then, an Arizona town was recently rocked by the news of an 8-year-old boy arrested for allegedly shooting and killing his father and another man. See the interrogation video in which the boy allegedly confessed. Are there any warning signs that a child is going to kill a parent? Should an 8-year-old be tried for murder? A heated debate ensues between Paul and Nancy. Plus, 13-year-old Tyler falsely confessed to the murder of his brother-in-law. He was tried as adult, sentenced to life in prison and served six years before being exonerated from the crime. Now 19, Tyler shares what made him lie to the police. And, Dr. Phil discusses the case of a beautiful young newscaster found brutally attacked and left for dead in her home in Little Rock, Arkansas. Anne Pressly’s case is eerily similar to the murder of another anchorwoman in 2002. Was it more than a random robbery? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 18, 2008, 8:45 pm CST

The government just stole 700 billion dollars

Quote From: trigreen

The government just stole 700 billion dollars from all of us! 

I so sick of these sensationalist headlines.    Why do call in the executives of Citibank, GM, AIG, etc and grill them about how there tax payer theft has caused children to go hungry or at least without presents, caused people to die due to lack of health insurance/health care, etc.   I want a show on this, not the occassional and unlikely random murder.  These corporate criminals are the real threats.  

Dear Dr. Phil,

I agree with the writer who says that Citibank, GM, AIG etc. should be grilled about how their tax dollar theft has caused children to go hungry. It is true so-called white collar crime is not punished very heavily but does far more damage to more people.

It is very sad that an 8 year old killed his father and such a child should definitely get treatment then this cannot be tolerated. However, executives of large firms who defraud the public should be severely punished with a lengthy jail sentence.

mitzisweets

December 21, 2008, 7:37 am CST

Child Abuse

One thing that struck me about this show, is the abuse issue. Too many children have been falling through the cracks for years. When I was growing up in the 70's & 80's, I was abused by both parents, physically & mentally. My father's mother worked for Social Services. It was her job to investigate claims and remove children from abusive families. She knew something was going on with me, and later as an adult, she told me that they, grandpa and her, had discussed taking me if I ever ran away. Grandpa died when I was 14, so I know she was aware of something before then, but never did anything. I never ran away. I thought this was just normal, the abuse, and that I was a bad child.

As an adult, I have told her a few of the things that happened, but she did not believe me. Most people don't. My parents are very personable. People wonder what is wrong with me, that I should speak this way about them. I don't speak about the abuse much. It has taken years to deal with the abuse I suffered as a child. I still have problems dealing with the abuse, as they are still mentally abusive toward me and my family.

I am lucky. I have a wonderful, caring, compassionate husband who has helped me deal with these issues. I never abused my own son, our only child. We are very proud of him. You can break the cycle of abuse.

One thing that my grandmother did tell me that I feel people should be aware of is this:  If they abused you, they will abuse your children.

I hope this helps someone else. NO one should have to suffer the abuse well into adulthood.

March 30, 2009, 7:54 pm CDT

"I was so appalled....with Nancy Grace's Professionalism.

Quote From: lilriabia

During this show I could not concentrate on the show because I was so appalled with how unprofessional Nancy Grace is. I am a 22 year old female and through her responses I believe that I am more professional and mature then she is. She was always interrupting others, rude and her choice of words were offensive (may they rot in hell and the long session of bleeped out words) I do not know if she is Dr. Phils friend, but either way I believe she needs to change her attitude before she can be rewarded with being on TV in front of thousands/millions of people. I applaud Paul Mones and Dr. Denise Boots for staying professional while Nancy rudely attacked your thoughts and feelings!!!!  The Dr. Phil show is a proficient show and Nancy takes that away

You certainly took the words right out of my mouth. That woman needs to take some courses in Respect for others, Self Respect, Anger Management, Anxiety Management and possibly Professional Help to calm her down. Then she needs courses in Public Speaking.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next Page | Last Page