Message Boards

Topic : 12/15 Headline Horror Stories

Number of Replies: 63
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 11:12:51 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
What would push an 8-year-old to allegedly kill his own father? What would make a man brutally murder a talented anchorwoman? Dr. Phil is joined by Nancy Grace of  Headline News, children’s rights attorney Paul Mones and criminologist Dr. Denise Boots as they delve into shocking and horrific headlines. Recently, police were called to a fitness club in Tracy, California where an emaciated and half-naked teen boy stumbled in, covered in soot and bruises, with a shackle on his ankle. The boy told a terrifying story of escaping from a house where he was kept prisoner, locked in chains, beaten and starved. Nancy has strong opinions about the boy's alleged captors. Then, an Arizona town was recently rocked by the news of an 8-year-old boy arrested for allegedly shooting and killing his father and another man. See the interrogation video in which the boy allegedly confessed. Are there any warning signs that a child is going to kill a parent? Should an 8-year-old be tried for murder? A heated debate ensues between Paul and Nancy. Plus, 13-year-old Tyler falsely confessed to the murder of his brother-in-law. He was tried as adult, sentenced to life in prison and served six years before being exonerated from the crime. Now 19, Tyler shares what made him lie to the police. And, Dr. Phil discusses the case of a beautiful young newscaster found brutally attacked and left for dead in her home in Little Rock, Arkansas. Anne Pressly’s case is eerily similar to the murder of another anchorwoman in 2002. Was it more than a random robbery? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 12, 2008, 9:40 am CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Head Horror Line Phil/Robin Stories. Are you kidding me? No way that would ever happen to me at

all. See you on Monday December 15th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------

December 12, 2008, 11:43 am CST

12/15 Headline Horror Stories

Thought this would be the best place to post the latest Kaylee Anthony news.
Heard yesterday that a young child's skull was found near where she lived. Local law enforcement thinks it's her skull, and they expect to know for sure within a week.

December 12, 2008, 3:15 pm CST

Here's a Real Headline Horror Story

The government just stole 700 billion dollars from all of us! 

I so sick of these sensationalist headlines.    Why do call in the executives of Citibank, GM, AIG, etc and grill them about how there tax payer theft has caused children to go hungry or at least without presents, caused people to die due to lack of health insurance/health care, etc.   I want a show on this, not the occassional and unlikely random murder.  These corporate criminals are the real threats.  

December 12, 2008, 3:25 pm CST

spell check

Quote From: trigreen

The government just stole 700 billion dollars from all of us! 

I so sick of these sensationalist headlines.    Why do call in the executives of Citibank, GM, AIG, etc and grill them about how there tax payer theft has caused children to go hungry or at least without presents, caused people to die due to lack of health insurance/health care, etc.   I want a show on this, not the occassional and unlikely random murder.  These corporate criminals are the real threats.  
These criminals make me so mad I can't type-should read-I AM so sick of these sensationalist headlines.  Why not call in the executives of .......

December 13, 2008, 10:24 am CST

How many others?....

Has anybody ever "investigated' how many kids have confessed to something they didn't do - and have spent time in jail for such - because of the "situation" they've gotten into?  I doubt it........

Try an 8 year old for murder?  As an adult?  Something is wrong here.....?  Don't think so.......

I try to believe that something is radically wrong in these kids' lives that they would commit murder - of anyone...?  Some have said it's all linked to video games...?  And that they just don't get it that when they REALLY shoot someone, they're dead - gone forever - not coming back...?  Maybe it's something they've seen on TV...?  Who knows...?

It's just my opinion that the kids today spend too much time 'alone' or in day care.  They don't seem attached to anybody or anything...?  I've even ran across some very small kids that are downright mean - for no reason.  Is there an answer?  Don't know.............

December 13, 2008, 10:41 am CST

Quote From: ramair

Thought this would be the best place to post the latest Kaylee Anthony news.
Heard yesterday that a young child's skull was found near where she lived. Local law enforcement thinks it's her skull, and they expect to know for sure within a week.

I have been watching this on Nancy Grace. I was sad and angry when they have pretty much said that this is what's left of caylee. Her mom is one evil person to do this to her own child. I have actually shed tears for caylee because it's a sad ending to such a young life. Caylee didn't deserve to die this way. She should be alive and getting ready to have Christmas with the grandparents that love her.

December 13, 2008, 12:55 pm CST

Richard Jahnke

I've heard Paul Mones before defending children and teens who have killed. Does anyone know what happened to Richard Jahnke of Wyoming? He killed his father back in the 80s. I know he did some jail time and was released early.  Where is he now and is he okay?

December 13, 2008, 1:56 pm CST

r. Phil:

I GUARANTEE that 8 year old boy had reason/s to kill these two men.  They were doing things to him that were sexual or abusing him otherwise.  Contrary to what people think -- and wait for the child to tell them --or hint at, and wait for him to tell them -- KIDS DO NOT TELL. Been there. The abuser ALWAYS acts nice to the kid and when others are around, so that is what makes them come across as "good" and loving and close. Nobody KNOWS another person.  Adults can fool adults into doing thigns that would not necessarily or normally do.  What can an adult fool a child into.

ANYTHING!  Anything with care and love. 

December 14, 2008, 6:32 am CST

HOW TO REPORT ABUSE BY LAW-ENFORCEMENT

While most officers are hardworking professionals, some are downright abusive.  As an advocate for civil rights and police accountability, it is quite disturbing to know that such gross misconduct still comes easily to some officers.  To protect yourself and your constitutional rights, it is very important to know your rights and make smart choices in tough situations.  Some of my favorite resources dealing with abuse by law-enforcement: 

Submit a Law Enforcement Abuse Complaint Form:

www.policeabuse.com 

Just Say "NO" to Police Searches:

www.FlexYourRights.org

www.youtube.com                  "The Citizens Guide To Surviving Police Encounters" 

Justice and Science:  Trials and Triumphs of DNA Evidence by George Woody Clarke

DNA Test Kits:  www.dnatesting.com

The Police Complaint Center documents and investigates alleged incidents of police abuse.  Their primary service is assisting victims of police misconduct with reporting complaints to appropriate enforcement agencies.  They also investigate police and sheriffs deputies that are accused of misconduct and abusive behaviors.

Hope it helps!

December 14, 2008, 7:52 am CST

Why are we so violent?

This country now a days seems to be so violent. People take things from other people in such a horrible ways it as though they seem to think they have the right no matter what.

What happened to the old saying respect of person, place and thing what happened to that?

In the old days when it wasn't yours to have you earned it now a days these younger generations they take it no matter how when or where it is really getting more scarey everyday.

There is way to much anger protrayed on television today way over the top and that is where a lot of ideas come from and that is a fact. Even Judge Judy is angry you can hear it her voice to me she doesn't show any respect of the people before her she calls them liars that is not for her to say she is there to judge the case and not call people names. I want to call her and tell her off because she doesn't have the right to call anybody names and that is a fact.

MAY GOD BLESS US ALL NOW AND FOREVER AS I AM SURE HE WILL!!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last