Message Boards

Topic : 12/16 Dr. Phil and Robin's Classic Holidays

Number of Replies: 159
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:51:22 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You've heard the saying that Christmas is "The most wonderful time of the year," but Dr. Phil's audience members say they're feeling stressed and worried about affording the holidays this year. To their surprise, they've been invited to celebrate a classic Christmas with Dr. Phil and Robin on their holiday giveaway show! From necessities like gas cards, cash and home-cooked dinners to cool high-tech gadgets like the latest cell phone, video camera, watch and GPS device -- each audience member is going home with more than $10,000 worth of goods. What would Christmas be without family? Dr. Phil and Robin's sons, Jay and Jordan, and daughter-in-law, Erica, join them to give away their favorite products, including clothes, beauty items and housewares. Special celebrity guests drop by to share their hottest Christmas gifts, and Santa brings a sleigh full of toys for children of all ages. When Kermit the Frog joins the show seeking advice for his relationship with Miss Piggy, he has Dr. Phil in stitches! And, Robin suggests presents for the woman in your life. Plus, don't miss the amazing musical and dance performances. If you're looking for great gift ideas for your loved ones, you won't want to miss these best-of-the-season items for every budget. And, learn how you can get discounts on some of these products! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 20, 2008, 8:10 am CST

12/16 Dr. Phil and Robin's Classic Holidays

Dr. Phil,

I think it is great that you do this but as I have said in previous  years(because I don't miss your show)you help or give to people that are very much in need of your help but you seem to miss a group of people that need help but never seem to get the help or support from anyone.  That group of people are the senior citizens, you help families that are or have children whether military,etc. which is great!  But just because our children are grown, we have grandchildren and we still are struggling to keep our heads above water, keep our homes, want Christmas for our families which we can't do.  I love your show and hardly ever miss it but open your eyes,  us elderly need help also!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 22, 2008, 7:17 pm CST

Need recipe help for 12/16 show

Does anyone have the paula deen recipes that she made on the holiday show, where she had the ham , i need the recipes befoer that, ANYONE, PLEASE! Thanks, email me at lilangieangel610@yahoo.com.

Thanks in advance!

December 23, 2008, 7:28 am CST

What about the Pets?

I sent this message to your email but thought I would post it as well this I a copy of the letter I sent.

I recently watched the show titlid Dr.Phil & robin's christmas give a way.I just had a question for Dr.Phil you gave such amazing gifts and I was shocked and I must admit a little jealous of the recievers but there was one thing that I noticed that bothered me.Out of all of your gifts you did not give anything to the pets I am sure some if not all of these people have pets and I know myself being a pet owner as you were listing the gifts I was thinking which ones I could sell to get food and gifts for my pets.So just a suggestion that maybe you have a christmas special and donate to people with pets and  to shelters for the pets that won't have homes this Christmas.

Thanks Michelle King.

December 23, 2008, 7:46 am CST

You are right

Quote From: gwen123

To all the unhappy people who were saddened by the beautifufl Holiday Show:

It made me sad to read the posts from people who were upset that others received the great gifts shown on the show.  I am embarrassed for you and your envy. Everyone has their own lot in life; and surely, your day will also come. Be happy for others and they will be happy for you. If you continue in your bitter, ugly ways, you'll be dwelling in the dark abyss of self-imposed depression. That's no way to live!

Someone actually posted that the studio audience didn't need the gifts as their hair was colored and streaked and they wore designer clothes, so they could obviously afford show tickets and didn't need the great gifts! You must have a huge expensive flat screen TV and lots of time on your hands.  I just don't know how you saw that detail and recognized the designer labels. Makes me wonder if you Dear Disgruntled Poster needs gifts at all. Obviously, you are well versed in the finer things of life.

I just wanted you to all know, though it's plainly posted on the site, THAT SO CAN YOU - tickets are FREE. Here is the link to further information: http://drphil.com/shows/page/be_in_the_audience/ (Dr. Phil foflks, maybe you should make a permalink on front of site to let your audience know.)

Rather than gripe about how you feel left out because you weren't in the audience and didn't receive gifts, why not take a moment and reserve a seat to a future show?  Whether gifts are given or not, I am sure you'll enjoy the positive experience and watching Phil & Robin!  I was a recent audience member and it was so much fun. Reserve your tickets today and stop griping. And if you cannot get out to Los Angeles, then relish the fact that others are getting great gifts and great things are happening for them, knowing your turn is just around the corner.

I hope you all think about what your posts say about you. The words you type and rehash in your minds will effect every cell in your body ultimately, so think good, happy, positive thoughts. Your life will immediately improve. I can promise you that.

Happy Holidays and best wishes for a joyous new year 2009!

I put an ad myself asking Dr phil to do somethingfor the pets of these people and for the pets at shelters in my ad I did state that I was a little jealous but I do not wish anything bad upon the people that got the gifts I just wish I was one of them. It is wrong to judge others and assume thet they do not deserve a little happiness in these awful times. Wishing al of you a wonderful christmas and remember having the ones you love with you is what it used to be about.

Thanks and take care of eachother.

Michelle King.

December 23, 2008, 3:54 pm CST

me too

Quote From: dogsmom

Yep, I'm an adult, and I feel left out when I see all the lucky people who get the "wow" presents while attending Dr. Phil and Oprah shows.
I've "acknowledged" my problem. My solution is to not tune in on the give-away days.
I don't begrudge anyone their good fortune. I just feel left out.
I must admit that I agree with this poster~I feel so left out when I watch these shows.  I am happy for the people who live in the area and can visit these shows, I'm thrilled that their Christmas will be a little brighter.  I just finished watching the show that I recorded last week and sat and cried.  After being forced to barely survive on my husbands unemployment, he just started a new job last week.  During the past several weeks, thanks to collecting cans and pawning a few items, I've only been able to scrape almost $200 together to give our 6 children Christmas.  Tomorrow is Christmas Eve and we will be able to go to WalMart after my Mom picks up the kiddos. Our 3 youngest children still believe in Santa Claus and the oldest told us not to worry about getting them Christmas gifts because Santa will bring them everything they want.   I'm sorry to sound like a whiner, this is just not :the hap, happiest time .... of the year" for my family

January 5, 2009, 8:08 pm CST

to those that feel left out

Quote From: gwen123

To all the unhappy people who were saddened by the beautifufl Holiday Show:

It made me sad to read the posts from people who were upset that others received the great gifts shown on the show.  I am embarrassed for you and your envy. Everyone has their own lot in life; and surely, your day will also come. Be happy for others and they will be happy for you. If you continue in your bitter, ugly ways, you'll be dwelling in the dark abyss of self-imposed depression. That's no way to live!

Someone actually posted that the studio audience didn't need the gifts as their hair was colored and streaked and they wore designer clothes, so they could obviously afford show tickets and didn't need the great gifts! You must have a huge expensive flat screen TV and lots of time on your hands.  I just don't know how you saw that detail and recognized the designer labels. Makes me wonder if you Dear Disgruntled Poster needs gifts at all. Obviously, you are well versed in the finer things of life.

I just wanted you to all know, though it's plainly posted on the site, THAT SO CAN YOU - tickets are FREE. Here is the link to further information: http://drphil.com/shows/page/be_in_the_audience/ (Dr. Phil foflks, maybe you should make a permalink on front of site to let your audience know.)

Rather than gripe about how you feel left out because you weren't in the audience and didn't receive gifts, why not take a moment and reserve a seat to a future show?  Whether gifts are given or not, I am sure you'll enjoy the positive experience and watching Phil & Robin!  I was a recent audience member and it was so much fun. Reserve your tickets today and stop griping. And if you cannot get out to Los Angeles, then relish the fact that others are getting great gifts and great things are happening for them, knowing your turn is just around the corner.

I hope you all think about what your posts say about you. The words you type and rehash in your minds will effect every cell in your body ultimately, so think good, happy, positive thoughts. Your life will immediately improve. I can promise you that.

Happy Holidays and best wishes for a joyous new year 2009!

I just want to let people out there know that it was an honor to be selected to be on the holiday show. But to be honest, I would have rather NOT qualified to be on it. To not qualify would mean that my husband, who served in the military to keep us all free would still be alive. It would also mean that my 14 year old son, who would have been 16 this year would still be alive. Both died within the last 4 years. Those are my losses. I have 3 other children who deal with those losses every day. My son died 10 days before Christmas. That makes Christmas a terrible time of year for us now. This show took some of that sadness away at least temporarily. I was in a group of 4 other people who lost spouses in the military. Christmas time is very difficult to deal with, not necessarily financially, but emotionally as well. I sat in front of a group of women who were living in hotel rooms still because their houses burned down in the California fires. There was a comment made about how we didn't deserve this because we were dressed in designer clothes and our hair was colored. we are asked to dress nice when we go to the show. To clarify something, nobody in the audience knew that we were on the give away show. We were all told it was on grief and loss and how it affects you financially and how it affects this time of year. I was so stressed about talking about my losses that I broke out in hives the night before! And before some of you judge about who deserved to be on the show and who didn't, let me remind you that everyone has their story. No one should be judged about that story. As a matter of fact, I do have a foreclosure to add to those losses, but before any of you decide to judge me and call me irresponsible, maybe you should know that I walked away from my house because of the grief and anxiety that I had living there along with the other members of my family. My son died in that house, in my closet. Every day I was in my room I was reminded of the night that I had to try and revive him. I saw that scene EVERY day over and over again until I was barely able to function. So, I may have a foreclosure, which is NOT the reason I was chosen to be on the show, but I am not going to judge those who were picked because of foreclosure because I do not know their story. I am thankful to Dr. Phil and his family. I met some very good friends while being on the show, and was able to "forget" my troubles for a few hours. I know that I am fortunate in my life, and there are those who are less fortunate. Unfortunately, there are not enough giveaway shows to invite everyone. I have to say that the experience of the show, the friendliness of the workers, and the atmosphere was what I am going to take away from the experience as the best. I want to wish everyone a Happy 2009. There has to be a little bit of happiness out there for everyone. Just look for it.!!

January 5, 2009, 8:29 pm CST

dr. Phil isn't in New York

Quote From: danielledoiel

why is it that if you live in new york or can afford to travel to new york then you can get free tickets to all the daytime shows around christmas and recieve all these free gifts .  what about all of us that don't live in new york.  i don't mean to be peady but this year is hard for all of us.  i only want to give my sons a christmas present.  i have just this year moved to a new place, i have no job, and can't find anything around here.  like all the christmas programs like there where from where i use to live.  what can a person do.  i love dr. phil but i wish he would give some of this stuff away online.  okay i am done ranting.  have a happy holidays.
The Dr. Phil show isn't filmed in New York. It is actually filmed in the Los Angeles area of California.

January 5, 2009, 8:33 pm CST

foreclosure

Quote From: trigreen

Good for the military families, people who lost there home in a fire, or lost a job.  But people who had there homes forclosed don't deserve a penny.   In fact, these irresponsible ones have already gotten tons of tax payer dollars from myself and other responsible people with very limited to modest wages who either rent or bought homes they could afford.   People like myself who still pay there rent every month and cut back on food because we are taxed to death my a government that supports among others irresponsible suburbanites in there giant houses and with there monster SUVs.  

Yet I don't see Dr. Phil representing us, typical though.  Way to reward the people who are ruining the country.  
It is sad that you can judge those on the show because of foreclosure when you have no idea how many there were there or what their story was. Not everyone loses their homes because of financial irresponsibility. No one deserves to be judged without hearing their story. The people in that show that day were ordinary everyday people.

January 8, 2009, 6:01 pm CST

Happy 2009 Dr Phil and Robin

I think it's great that you are able to give away so many great gifts.
I just didn't see anyone in a wheel chair or with a disability on the show.
everyone one on the show looked quiet well off.
life's hard for people with disabilities its just a shame someone on the show didn't get a wheelchair
or some needed item that would make their life easier.

First | Prev | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | Next Page | Last Page