Message Boards

Topic : 12/16 Dr. Phil and Robin's Classic Holidays

Number of Replies: 159
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:51:22 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You've heard the saying that Christmas is "The most wonderful time of the year," but Dr. Phil's audience members say they're feeling stressed and worried about affording the holidays this year. To their surprise, they've been invited to celebrate a classic Christmas with Dr. Phil and Robin on their holiday giveaway show! From necessities like gas cards, cash and home-cooked dinners to cool high-tech gadgets like the latest cell phone, video camera, watch and GPS device -- each audience member is going home with more than $10,000 worth of goods. What would Christmas be without family? Dr. Phil and Robin's sons, Jay and Jordan, and daughter-in-law, Erica, join them to give away their favorite products, including clothes, beauty items and housewares. Special celebrity guests drop by to share their hottest Christmas gifts, and Santa brings a sleigh full of toys for children of all ages. When Kermit the Frog joins the show seeking advice for his relationship with Miss Piggy, he has Dr. Phil in stitches! And, Robin suggests presents for the woman in your life. Plus, don't miss the amazing musical and dance performances. If you're looking for great gift ideas for your loved ones, you won't want to miss these best-of-the-season items for every budget. And, learn how you can get discounts on some of these products! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 13, 2008, 6:39 pm CST

the hoidays

i am ROCHELLE DILLER                  i need help for christmas this year to make it a good one for me .my husband pastaway four years ago and it hurts i am living in a apt i don't have room i used to live in a two bedroom house and i would to live in a house but i can't afford it . my husband didn't have life insurance and i can't get his social security until i am 50 years old i am 48 .  my couch is broke it is sitting on the floor my dinning room chairs are all broke i just need help i been trying to get help but i can't get any help around here .  i am using  my girlfriends car mine is not working to good .DR PHIL  I just need help for christmas i hope i here from you DR PHIL . thank you ROCHELLE                AND DR PHIL could i get a new computer i got this from a old boyfriend i had it is a windows 98

December 13, 2008, 7:41 pm CST

Holiday Show

I was in the audience for last year's Holiday Show, and it made a tremendous difference in my life.  Thank you again, Dr. Phil and Robin.

December 13, 2008, 9:06 pm CST

Peace to you and your son

Quote From: roxe46

I have lost my sister this year and I am so sick myself with scoliosis and have to have surgery but will not and I hope I die very soon to be with my sister.  My husband gave me 400 dollars for christmas and that is it and that is to do double duty for groceries and presents for my son.  I am so depressed and hope this time on the doctor Phil show the people there will become happy and have a great holiday because I know I won't maybe I will die before the holiday and I won't have to worry about it at all.  Have a Merry Christmas Dr. Phil and Robin I wish you the best and the people picked for the show I hope they have a great holiday to please pray for me to leave this earth before Christmas I know my 19 year old son is ok and will be fine and he knows I love him but I need to be happy to.  Happy Holidays to everyone.
I pray that things will look better to you.. Find peace in knowing your son has love for you . amid you are blessed having him
 I am so sorry that you lost your sister and this is your first year without her. I know from losing my own Mother only a few weeks before Christmas 30 years ago, it is hard to face the holiday without those we love.
You say your husband gave you $400.00 to make do with presents and your Christmas dinner. So, buy your son  something within reason and buy  a cheap meat. Chicken or a  small ham ( boneless would be better, because of no wast)e, dress it up with  a few pineapple rings and candied cherries, a couple of mashed potatoes and a can of green beans,warm a few slices of bread and spread margarine on them.This should only cost a  around $20.00, maybe $25.00. Find out  the one gift your son REALLY would like to have and if it is to expensive try a less expensive gift. Have him visit the Children's Hospital Ward and share a visit with those children who can not be home for Christmas. Spend some time with a neighbor or a friend. Your son is nineteen and should  understand the problems you are having and accept whatever gift you may buy him.
Many people have lost their jobs and homes and are living on the street with nothing but a bedroll and food from a trash can. Lady, you have $400.00 to live on and to spend some of  it for Christmas!.
Ask your doctor to help find an agency to help with your surgery. Have your surgery and be thankful.
I know you are depressed, speak to your doctor about this also. be with your family and celebrate the love you and your sister had and remember her with fond memories.
God bless you!

December 13, 2008, 9:21 pm CST

Merry Christmas and God bless you!

I watch your show as often as I can and have followed your advice to others and it has helped me quite a bit most of the time.
I am really looking forward to the Christmas holidays this year and celebrated a wonderful Thanksgiving with my family who could be together. We remembered those in our family who are no longer here on earth and knew they were with us in spirit. because we love them so much! I pray that others will find comfort and joy in being with their families and loved ones at this time of year to share the love of Jesus.
Merry Christmas and have a wonderful New Year Dr. Phil, Robin and your family.
I am truly blessed

December 13, 2008, 9:24 pm CST

WITHOUT MY FAMILY

DR PHIL, YOU HAVE RECEIVED MESSAGES FROM ME RECENTLY ABOUT WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO MY FAMILY HERE IN TYLER MN. MY SON IN PRISON, DAUGHTER IN LAW ALONE AND MY GRANDDAUGHTER IN A FOSTER HOME WHERE THE FOSTER PARENTS ARE TRYING TO ADOPT HER AND ME HER GRANDMA TRYING MY BEST TO GET HER BACK SINCE HER PARENTS TERMINATED THEIR PARENTAL RIGHTS . THE CHILD PROTECTION WORKER DOING ALL KINDS OF THINGS THAT HAVE OVERSTEPPED HER BOUNDARIES AND HAS CAUSED ME TO LOSE TWO JOBS THIS YEAR BY SAYING THAT I AM ON THE "SEX OFFENDER REGISTRY" WHICH I HAVE PROOF THAT I AM NOT. I JUST YESTERDAY, FRIDAY THE 12TH HAD A JOB INTERVIEW BUT TO TELL THE TRUTH I AM AFRAID IF I GET THE JOB THE CPS WORKER WILL DO SOMETHING TO GET ME TAKEN OFF THAT JOB TOO JUST BECAUSE SHE IS TRYING TO STOP ME FROM GETTING MY GRANDDAUGHTER.

ANYWAY, THIS HOLIDAY SEASON HAS BEEN SO DEPRESSING AND I HAVE SPENT SEVERAL DAYS IN BED NOT EVEN WANTING TO GET DRESSED AND DO ANYTHING. I FOUND OUT LAST NIGHT FROM MY DAUGHTER IN LAW'S FRIEND THAT NOW SHE HAS ANOTHER MAN LIVING WITH HER SINCE MY SON IS IN PRISON. OUR FAMILY IS RUINED!! MY SON WILL GET OUT IN MARCH AND HE WILL HAVE NOTHING. HE GAVE UP HIS LITTLE GIRL AND SINCE HE LIED SO MUCH TO ME I FEEL I CAN'T TRUST HIM AND NOW HIS WIFE HAS GOT ANOTHER GUY SHE IS SHACKING UP WITH IN THEIR HIOME.  WHAT A HORRIBLE MESS! !!!!!!    CHRISTMAS YOU SAY??

BAH HUMBUG!  THE XMAS  MOVIE THAT IS TO BE OUT ON DEC 25TH  IS "HOW THE CPS GRINCHES STEAL CHILDREN!"   NO TAVIELLLE THERE IS NO SANTA  AND YOU CAN'T SEE YOUR GRANDMA ANYMORE!  NO TOYS AND NO CANDY CANES.......

December 13, 2008, 9:31 pm CST

like oprah

Quote From: hpmx59

And Classic Doctor Holidays Phil/Robin. Happy holliday to you and your family as well. See you on Tues---

day December 15th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.---------------------------------------------------------- 

I believe you should do as Oprah did this year......she didn't give out alot of expensive gifts to the audience because of the economy and alot of people cant afford to buy xmas so she didnt think it was appropriate to do it this year. I AGREE!  Those people in the audieance get greedy!

December 13, 2008, 11:08 pm CST

Merry Christmas

I just wanna say You guys are the best! I love watching your Christmas Give away Shows. You and Robin make so many peoples lives so much brighter. I wish We had a show in our area like this it would be so wonderful to be able to be on a Christmas give away show..I just wanna wish you and your family A Merry Christmas and thankyou for changing so many peoples lives. My wish this year is to hope and pray you read my letter I wrote a while ago and maybe oneday you can help me with my illness. I was dianosed with chronic lymes disease this year which is a good thing in away finally knowing for so many years what my illness is. I just hope to get better oneday and get my life back. But The Good thing is that I haven't given up hope and don't plan to. It's been a big mountain I have been climbing and Im still climbing So please Dr. Phil & Robin keep me in your prayers. Thankyou and keep up the wonderful work !

December 14, 2008, 1:26 am CST

Dead tree day---Dec. 25th

I really don't care about the stupid holidays, I never had them when I was growing up so they don't mean anything to me. it's suppose to be mainly fer the children, but lately it's been fer the rich only & those  in the middle class who have kids can't afford it, and those living in poverty go without every year. sure they might get a free meal and a gift from the shelter, but me, I ask fer nothing and I recieve nothing which is fine with me, my family don't want me around cause I'm the black sheep of them all so I spend my time alone. I'll be a loner the rest of my life. I wish the holidays would just go away, they're just another day to me.    colt

December 14, 2008, 1:55 am CST

Happy Holidays or is it

Dr. Phil, Robin, Jay,

Jordan and Erica.

I am not sure how I feel about the Holiday season anymore and it really is bothering me that I can not figure out if I want to say Merry Christmas or Bah Hum Bug this year and it is really bringing me down.

I can not say it is because of childhood Christmas's being bad because my dad would ALWAYS YEAR after YEAR pull that Holiday DRUNK and not come home from work on time on Christmas Eve makeing my mom angry, hurt and going to the Family's Christmas Party with tears in her eyes and making us late, always the last one to show up on Christmas Eve.  (One year Santa even made it there before us-I was devestated and didn't talk to my dad for weeks)

As I started getting older and my parents divorced I couldn't stand Christmas becuase it reminded me oh why my mom left my dad, and I couldn't understand why my dad didn't love us enough not to get DRUNK.

Then I read a book called Toxic Parents and did tons and tons of reading other books and I realized that it wasn't Christmas that I couldn't stand it was the alcholics that seemed to be around at that time of year.  I came to realize that it made me feel so warm and full of energy inside to be able to put up a Christmas Tree for my children and go out and buy them things that I could afford.  And trust me it has never been much, except for the year when they were so small and we had just moved to Roanoke Texas and the Roanoke Police Department called me 2 weeks before Christmas and told me that they had adopted the kids for Christmas and wanted to know their favorite everything and sizes. Then asked me to have them out of the house on Christmas Eve so they could bring everything into the house.  It was the best feeling in the whole wide world (well except for when I gave birth all 3 times) to wake up Christmas morning and see their faces.  I told them from that year on that

THERE IS A SANTA CLAUSE

and I WILL FROM THEN ON NEVER second guess his being.

This is the first year since that year that I am unable to give them a Christmas.  They are to old to be on the Angle Tree,  or to receive any other sort of magic and I have 150.00 to my name and still have to pay for their lunches for next week, put gas in the car to get to and from work, as well as provide food for them for when they get in from school and before they go to bed at night.  My next check will not be here until December 26 and that check is going to have to pay my electric bill and house payment.

I would love to be able to get them things they have always asked for like an Apple IPOD, or the youngest one wants a CHAIN with a CROSS on it, and they both have asked for a goose down jacket, and then there is the usual cologne, gift cards, and little things that they would enjoy but have no clue that they would enjoy it until it is put in their hands.

It brought tears to my eyes when I overheard them talking to a couple of their buddies and they were asked why we haven't got a Christmas Tree.  Or when I had to remind them that I didn't have the funds to provide them with a Thanksgiving Dinner (not even a ham sandwhich) and that I want them to understand that I can not buy them a Christmas this year.

That is why part of me wants to say MERRY CHRISTMAS but then this year its BAH HUM BUG....

I do wish everyone out there where ever you may be in this world a Happy Holiday Season and many wishes for a great new year ahead.  I know that my financial need is temporary, because GOD WORKS IN WONDEROUS WAYs

DLoos
Texas

December 14, 2008, 8:13 am CST

I Will Pray For you

Quote From: roxe46

I have lost my sister this year and I am so sick myself with scoliosis and have to have surgery but will not and I hope I die very soon to be with my sister.  My husband gave me 400 dollars for christmas and that is it and that is to do double duty for groceries and presents for my son.  I am so depressed and hope this time on the doctor Phil show the people there will become happy and have a great holiday because I know I won't maybe I will die before the holiday and I won't have to worry about it at all.  Have a Merry Christmas Dr. Phil and Robin I wish you the best and the people picked for the show I hope they have a great holiday to please pray for me to leave this earth before Christmas I know my 19 year old son is ok and will be fine and he knows I love him but I need to be happy to.  Happy Holidays to everyone.
I have had alot of things in my life that made me not want to live or be with a loved one who has died. I have had the same thought as you thinking everyone would be better off if I could Die and have peace . I would love to see my 6 year old grandson again who was took from us suddenly from a accidently gun shot. He was my oldest grandchild after 8 almost 9 years I cry to see him you see the last time I saw him was Christmas day 1999. He was gone in January . the last time i saw my Dad before he passed was Dec. of 2005 he passed the follwing Feb. I'm not saying I still don't have those thoughts but I try and think about people who have it worse than I do. I shut myself off from all my other grandchild for the last 8 years until I got sick in Feb. My children moved me close to them and now I see my Grandchildren all the time and I'm so Blessed because no matter what I thought my family loves me  they don't have anything to give me but their love you see I shut them out because I was afraid if I showed my love for them they would die and leave me. I was being very selfish  just thinking about what I wanted . Now I can't  show my love enough my daughter fusses at me and says mama you can't make up for the time you lost with them  by trying to buy their love . She said seeing you is all they need. I wish I had Someone to give me 400 dollars I could make a very nice Chrismas for my Family . All I have to give is me being here alive that is all my six children and 9 3/4 grandchildren ask for.  Try thinking about  others having it harder than you . Christmas is about giving not recieving  Give your family a big hug and smile and say i'm blessed to have you in my life  If that doesn't help you need to get some medical help thats what their there for. Have a Blessed Holiday.

Dr Phil and Robin  have a great Christmas Maybe one day I can be on one of your Christmas Shows .

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last