Message Boards

Topic : 12/16 Dr. Phil and Robin's Classic Holidays

Number of Replies: 159
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:51:22 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You've heard the saying that Christmas is "The most wonderful time of the year," but Dr. Phil's audience members say they're feeling stressed and worried about affording the holidays this year. To their surprise, they've been invited to celebrate a classic Christmas with Dr. Phil and Robin on their holiday giveaway show! From necessities like gas cards, cash and home-cooked dinners to cool high-tech gadgets like the latest cell phone, video camera, watch and GPS device -- each audience member is going home with more than $10,000 worth of goods. What would Christmas be without family? Dr. Phil and Robin's sons, Jay and Jordan, and daughter-in-law, Erica, join them to give away their favorite products, including clothes, beauty items and housewares. Special celebrity guests drop by to share their hottest Christmas gifts, and Santa brings a sleigh full of toys for children of all ages. When Kermit the Frog joins the show seeking advice for his relationship with Miss Piggy, he has Dr. Phil in stitches! And, Robin suggests presents for the woman in your life. Plus, don't miss the amazing musical and dance performances. If you're looking for great gift ideas for your loved ones, you won't want to miss these best-of-the-season items for every budget. And, learn how you can get discounts on some of these products! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 14, 2008, 8:39 pm CST

Merry Christmas

Christmas is a very special time of year, and I don't mean because of santa claus, but because it is the time set aside for Jesus, Family and Friends, and to appreicate each other.  My wish for the world and these United States, is that they would all grow closer in appreciation for each other and thankful for what we do have even if it is not much.  I would be silly not to say I wish I could just once in my lifetime be on the show with Dr Phil and Robin and lovely wife, and recieve some of those wonderful things, but I live in the real world and know that will never happen, my husband would say I would just probably give the gifts to some worthy family member, which would probably be somewhat true.   But if Dr Phil and Robin read this I want them to know what a blessing they are to me, and Dr Phil's real look at life for the most part is good medicine for all even santa claus would benefit from Dr Phil and Robin.   I wish them and their faimily the best Merry Chirstimas and Happy New Year, and who knows maybe someday I will get to be on the show and talk about dealing and living with chronic pain that would be a good subject to discuss sometime.

Your crew and producers    Merry Christmas Keep up the good work.

December 15, 2008, 6:49 am CST

Merry Christmas

Dear Dr Phil and Family, please find a greeting from myself and my husband in Egypt.

I am Christian, British, my husband is Coptic and Egyptian.  We celebrate Christmas twice, once on my day 25th Dec. and on Jan 6th his day.

As we receive your show on MBC4 it sometimes is after the holiday period, so I look with envy (I am honest) at all the really wonderful things you have on your show.  I would ask if you have anything for dogs on the show to give away you could think of us.  We have two rescue dogs, who receive very little, as there is very little for them to receive in the way of dog chews etc.  What there are are not good quality so I will not buy for them. 

Sorry if you think this is cheeky, but truly, I ask for them.

Have a wonderful time with your show and audience. Give a thought to some of us who are not quite able to celebrate as we did when we lived in the West.

Thank you for bringing your show here, it sometimes is the only thing that keeps me sane..

Best Wishes

Jane and Emad Azmy

(Sheba and Dixie Doodle)

December 15, 2008, 7:34 am CST

won't watch

I will not be tuning in to the give away show.  I live very close to a hurting, poor area... though I myself am not by any means well off, I know I have enough and my needs are met...so it's not that I am wanting for myself,  but when I see these shows where the audience gets $10,000 worth of stuff to take home it makes me sick!! SICK!!  I think of what that much money could do just putting food on tables of starving children in my area, or ONE toy for Christmas, or a water or heat bill paid...I go to homeless shelters where people have NOTHING... I just don't think it's right to justify giving ONE person in your audience $10,000 worth of "stuff"?  I've said my piece.. that's enough... I will NOT be watching.

December 15, 2008, 7:38 am CST

12/16 Dr. Phil and Robin's Classic Holidays

Quote From: dogsmom

Yep, I'm an adult, and I feel left out when I see all the lucky people who get the "wow" presents while attending Dr. Phil and Oprah shows.
I've "acknowledged" my problem. My solution is to not tune in on the give-away days.
I don't begrudge anyone their good fortune. I just feel left out.
I agree... they are very depressing.  I know there are alot of needy people, but most of them are not sitting in an audience at a tv studio.

December 15, 2008, 9:44 am CST

Not again!

Here we go again!  I'm not a Scrooge but I really don't care for this show.  The items are luxurious, often technical wonders, number one on the "most wanted" list, but 99% of them are totally impractical for the average person.  How about a year's worth of healthy food?  How about clothing certificates for the entire family?  How about home heating/cooling certificates?  How about pet food and care?  How about a gift certificate for auto maintenance?  How about health and prescription help?  How about being REALISTIC?????  I don't want a Wii.  I want good food on my table, heat and cooling for my home.  I want health and prescription coverage that enables me to be healthy.  I want to be able to pay my bills, property taxes, water bills, utilities, etc.  and not be worried if I'll have enough for all the other expenses in life.  I would love to have someone help us maintain our property and help me clean the house.  I'd like to take my husband to see his entire family.  They are all getting older and live in 3 different states.   Or, attend a family reunion.  I don't need gadgets or perfume or skin care products.  Doesn't Dr. Phil remember his childhood?  I guess not.  Who wants all those fancy things when you're sick or hungry or struggling?  Please get real with your holiday show!!!!

December 15, 2008, 10:34 am CST

A DISABLE PERSONS CHRISTMAS WISH!!!

I am a mother of two and disable, i only collect ssi . The holidays are a great weight on my shoulders for me because of my children.But, somehow i manage, but yet, the stress carries on with me the who next year because im stiil paying for last year christmas, I can never get ahead and that makes my disibility even worst. Thats what causes my disibility to be mental. Therefore, i get streeed and depressed to where i dont want to get out of bed. But gods knows!!!!! i am tring my hardest to fight my disibility. Thats why now,, i have put myself back in college in the criminal justices field, my life long dream. But now, just when i refuse to let my disibility anymore, take over my life, something else wants to stop me!!! my car is falling apart and i have no money to fix it. IF I  COULD HAVE A CHRISTMAS WISH, I WOULD WISH FOR SANTA TO HELP ME FINISH PAYING MY SCHOOL LOANS AND TO HELP ME  FIX MY CAR SO THAT I COULD CONTINUE FULFILLING MY LIFE LONG DREAM,TO HAVE A DEGREE IN THE CIRIMINAL JUSTICES FIELD. I HAVE BEEN DISIBLE FOR 15 YEARS, AND I REFUSE TO BE ANYMOE!!!! 

I KNOW IN MY HEART NOW, THAT I CAN BEAT MY DIAIBILITY, I JUST NEED A CHANCE

December 15, 2008, 11:43 am CST

Happy Holidays

Hi Robbin and Dr Phil,

I would just like to say that you are apart of our family every afternoon. I began watching you show several years ago and my husband made fun of me for watching the show. Guess what he is now also one of your favorite fans. When I come home from work he is already tuned into your show. This has been good therapy for him, he just recently had a knee replacement and is having a very painful and slow recovery.

Wishing you all a very wonderful holiday season. Keep save and enjoy your family and friends this holiday.

Thank you for all that you have done to help us all in 2008.

The Williams Family

December 15, 2008, 1:26 pm CST

Yeah, just the kind of show I want to see--people getting all sorts of nice gifts while I sit home and, along with the rest of your at-home audience, just sit and watch.  Gee, what fun! 

Why would anyone want to watch this?

December 15, 2008, 2:01 pm CST

Quote From: KathySue

Yeah, just the kind of show I want to see--people getting all sorts of nice gifts while I sit home and, along with the rest of your at-home audience, just sit and watch.  Gee, what fun! 

Why would anyone want to watch this?

Especially when he's going to have that uncouth Paula Deen on.

December 15, 2008, 2:28 pm CST

Quote From: yarncrazy

Here we go again!  I'm not a Scrooge but I really don't care for this show.  The items are luxurious, often technical wonders, number one on the "most wanted" list, but 99% of them are totally impractical for the average person.  How about a year's worth of healthy food?  How about clothing certificates for the entire family?  How about home heating/cooling certificates?  How about pet food and care?  How about a gift certificate for auto maintenance?  How about health and prescription help?  How about being REALISTIC?????  I don't want a Wii.  I want good food on my table, heat and cooling for my home.  I want health and prescription coverage that enables me to be healthy.  I want to be able to pay my bills, property taxes, water bills, utilities, etc.  and not be worried if I'll have enough for all the other expenses in life.  I would love to have someone help us maintain our property and help me clean the house.  I'd like to take my husband to see his entire family.  They are all getting older and live in 3 different states.   Or, attend a family reunion.  I don't need gadgets or perfume or skin care products.  Doesn't Dr. Phil remember his childhood?  I guess not.  Who wants all those fancy things when you're sick or hungry or struggling?  Please get real with your holiday show!!!!

Touche!!!

It's "funny" how a few years in "Tinsel Town" can make a person lose tough with reality.

I thought last year's Christmas gifts were beyond ridiculous. Especially for an audience made homeless by wild fires. Huge plasma TV's? Sheeesh!

You want to know why the audience is given gadgets, perfume, and skincare products? The sponsors advertise their products by giving them. It costs them less than running commercials, which I always mute. They get a tax write-off for giving their products.  And, Dr Phil provides links on his website so viewers can buy their products,

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last