Message Boards

Topic : 12/16 Dr. Phil and Robin's Classic Holidays

Number of Replies: 159
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:51:22 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You've heard the saying that Christmas is "The most wonderful time of the year," but Dr. Phil's audience members say they're feeling stressed and worried about affording the holidays this year. To their surprise, they've been invited to celebrate a classic Christmas with Dr. Phil and Robin on their holiday giveaway show! From necessities like gas cards, cash and home-cooked dinners to cool high-tech gadgets like the latest cell phone, video camera, watch and GPS device -- each audience member is going home with more than $10,000 worth of goods. What would Christmas be without family? Dr. Phil and Robin's sons, Jay and Jordan, and daughter-in-law, Erica, join them to give away their favorite products, including clothes, beauty items and housewares. Special celebrity guests drop by to share their hottest Christmas gifts, and Santa brings a sleigh full of toys for children of all ages. When Kermit the Frog joins the show seeking advice for his relationship with Miss Piggy, he has Dr. Phil in stitches! And, Robin suggests presents for the woman in your life. Plus, don't miss the amazing musical and dance performances. If you're looking for great gift ideas for your loved ones, you won't want to miss these best-of-the-season items for every budget. And, learn how you can get discounts on some of these products! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 15, 2008, 2:39 pm CST

12/16 Dr. Phil and Robin's Classic Holidays

Quote From: dogsmom

Yep, I'm an adult, and I feel left out when I see all the lucky people who get the "wow" presents while attending Dr. Phil and Oprah shows.
I've "acknowledged" my problem. My solution is to not tune in on the give-away days.
I don't begrudge anyone their good fortune. I just feel left out.
I didn't see Oprah's Christmas show this year. From what I heard, though, she finally got it right. Realized that, in these tough economic times, very few people can afford the kind of gifts she's suggested on past shows. So, she featured handmade gifts. Couldn't believe how some of that show's audience bad-mouthed her. If they can't appreciate a lovingly handmade gift they've completely missed the true meaning of Christmas.

December 15, 2008, 3:22 pm CST

I was There

This was the most amazing day still cant belive I was there .THANK U DR PHIL AND STAFF for saving our xmas:> Still cant belive I was sitting there ....A day I will never forget

December 15, 2008, 10:59 pm CST

Classic Holiday Show

Dear Dr. Phil & Robin,

I ALWAYS LOOK FORWARD TO SEEING THIS SHOW!  You are such WONDERFUL people & you really help so many people.  This year is going to be a very different one for us.  In July, we made a move out to Oregon.  We usually went to our "adopted" kids' for Christmas Eve, and to my Sister's on Christmas Day.  So, this is going to be sort of "sad" for me.  We ARE invited to my brother-in-law's for Christmas Eve.  They have a Grab Bag.  Then, on Christmas Day, we'll spend alone in our home.

Have fun on the show, and I'll be watching it.  (I'll probably have the Kleenex sitting right next to me, too!  Hope that you, Robin & your family have a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS & A HAPPY, HEALTHY NEW YEAR, TOO!  God Bless you for all you do.

Sincerely,

Babs60

(Barb)

December 15, 2008, 11:08 pm CST

xmas

Quote From: hpmx59

And Classic Doctor Holidays Phil/Robin. Happy holliday to you and your family as well. See you on Tues---

day December 15th, 2008. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.---------------------------------------------------------- 

can i havan get lucky just one time thanks dr. phil i cant type right eithere one of everything you give away i sure could use it. i never c

December 16, 2008, 3:07 am CST

When was this show taped?

December 16, 2008, 3:08 am CST

Quote From: julmikus

This was the most amazing day still cant belive I was there .THANK U DR PHIL AND STAFF for saving our xmas:> Still cant belive I was sitting there ....A day I will never forget
What day were you there when they taped this show?  We actually had tickets to the show on 12/10, but I'm pregnant and we couldn't afford the flight right before Christmas. 

December 16, 2008, 3:12 am CST

Eternally Grateful

My daughter was on the Classic Holiday Show.  Just several days before she knew she was going to be on the show, she had called me crying.  She was so upset that she wouldn't have the money to buy her son and daughter anything for Christmas.  Since I am disabled and not working, I couldn't reassure her that her children would have a good Christmas, I could only be a shoulder for her to cry on.  Having been a single, disabled mother of my own son and daughter, I knew personally how painful it is to not be able to provide for your children on special occasions.  My children had to grow up with the bare essentials, but occasionally, Good Samaritans would come to our rescue and provide us with a special Christmas.  I will never forget those times and to this day, I always remember those people in my prayers.

I know my daughter feels the same way.  She told me she sat in that audience and cried through the entire show!  It was not just for the gifts that she was so emotional.  She was so moved by the spirit of Dr. Phil, Robin, the entire McGraw family, his staff and his special guests that made that show even more wonderful.  All of you went out of your way to ensure that every need was met and every wish fulfilled.

I would like to thank everyone associated with this show for providing my daughter and my two beautiful grandchildren with the best Christmas they will probably ever have.  You have not only blessed her family, but you granted a grandmother's sincere wish, that her family have a wonderful Christmas and not have to worry about daily pressures for a while.  My daughter is going thru so much right now, and you have relieved her burden.

God Bless You, Dr. Phil, Robin and Your Entire Family and Staff.  There is truly a special place in Heaven for people like you!

December 16, 2008, 3:27 am CST

I Feel Sorry For You

Quote From: ramair

Especially when he's going to have that uncouth Paula Deen on.

You must have such a hard life.  I truly feel sorry for you.  If you can't rejoice in the happiness of others, you can at least not begrudge them their blessings.  I, myself, am a paraplegic, diabetic, double-amputee.  I'm not going to bemoan my own life, suffice to say, it's not easy.  Yet, I'm still happy when I see others get blessed in their own lives.  I love seeing other people receive gifts.  I love knowing that someone is going to have the best time in their lives!  Is it really that hard to sit and watch people cry in happiness?  Is it really that hard to see people laugh with utter joy at the Christmas they are now going to be able to provide for their family?  Instead of whining "Why Not Me?", why not just say "Why Not Them?"  You don't know what these audience members are dealing with on a daily basis.   Life is too short to sit around complaining about what you don't have.  Perhaps your attitude is what's keeping you from enjoying your own life and not receiving any blessings.

Also, I LOVE Paula Deen and thank her for being on that show to share her time, her gifts and her love! 

December 16, 2008, 6:34 am CST

Hoping for a Better New Year!

I am watching the Dr Phils Holiday special. Mixed feelings. I love Dr Phil for what he does. No matter how its done. Its like saying I won't give my money to Charity because they might misuse the funds. You have to give with faith or those in need would never be helped. I give what I can not a lot but from my heart. Like most can use money for everyday living. But I wish I had money to help out friends and family even strangers.
Also was thinking that would be nice if Dr Phil could arrange to give  People at home a chance to receive what is given on TV.  Maybe one person from each state. Just a thought.
Bless Dr Phil and Family and those who are behind the scenes who make the show possible. And Bless anyone who reads this. I may not know you But I do pray for the world. God Bless
Carolyn

December 16, 2008, 6:38 am CST

WISH MY FAMILY WAS THERE !!!

HUMMmmmmmmmmmmm.... First off, let me say,MERRY CHRISTMAS to your whole family.It`s sort of funny that you`d have a holiday show on the aniversary of the bad car wreak me and my now 14 years old daughter was in back in december 16th 1999.that was the worst day of our lives. a 18 wheeler ran a red light and slamed into us. my daughter is fine. thank god, but i`ve had surgery after surgery to try and fix what went so wrong. i`m watching this show and i wish i was there. my kids would be so happy. it`s been a long time sence i`ve seen my baby girl smile...i wish my gardin angel could help me out with christmas this year!!!!!!!! i have 6 kids ranging from 20 to 14. and i have 5 grandchildren. me being only 35, i guess my children and grandchildren are just my heart, and i wish i could give them a really great christmas....but somethings aren`t meant to be.... so newho......i hope your family has the christmas my family can`t have................. MERRY CHRISTMAS,(there`s always next year...)

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last