Message Boards

Topic : 12/16 Dr. Phil and Robin's Classic Holidays

Number of Replies: 159
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:51:22 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
You've heard the saying that Christmas is "The most wonderful time of the year," but Dr. Phil's audience members say they're feeling stressed and worried about affording the holidays this year. To their surprise, they've been invited to celebrate a classic Christmas with Dr. Phil and Robin on their holiday giveaway show! From necessities like gas cards, cash and home-cooked dinners to cool high-tech gadgets like the latest cell phone, video camera, watch and GPS device -- each audience member is going home with more than $10,000 worth of goods. What would Christmas be without family? Dr. Phil and Robin's sons, Jay and Jordan, and daughter-in-law, Erica, join them to give away their favorite products, including clothes, beauty items and housewares. Special celebrity guests drop by to share their hottest Christmas gifts, and Santa brings a sleigh full of toys for children of all ages. When Kermit the Frog joins the show seeking advice for his relationship with Miss Piggy, he has Dr. Phil in stitches! And, Robin suggests presents for the woman in your life. Plus, don't miss the amazing musical and dance performances. If you're looking for great gift ideas for your loved ones, you won't want to miss these best-of-the-season items for every budget. And, learn how you can get discounts on some of these products! Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 16, 2008, 7:40 am CST

I WANT A CLASSIC HOLIDAY TOO

DR.PHIL AND ROBIN

THIS YEAR HAS BEEN VERY HARD FOR ME . I HAVE NEVER GOTTEN A  XMAS OR BIRTHDAY GIFT IN THE PAST 15YRS. IT'S  BECAUSE I'M ALWAYS ON A VERY TIGHT BUDGET. I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE A  CLASSIC  HOLIDAY. MY GRANDMA ALWAYS SAY IT NEVER HURTS TO ASK..LOVE YOUR SHOW DR.PHIL AND ROBIN IS BEAUTIFUL , TOGETHER YOU'RE A SWEET COUPLE.

December 16, 2008, 7:46 am CST

12/16 Dr. Phil and Robin's Classic Holidays

Quote From: KathySue

Yeah, just the kind of show I want to see--people getting all sorts of nice gifts while I sit home and, along with the rest of your at-home audience, just sit and watch.  Gee, what fun! 

Why would anyone want to watch this?

I thought Dr. Phil had a very poor childhood... am I wrong?  I would think he would remember that and try and help with REAL needs and not a bunch of new technology stuff that is really not needed!! But, I guess not, as much as I love the DrPhil show, I am very let down by this show.  Just makes me want to say "Dr Phil, GET REAL!"

December 16, 2008, 8:09 am CST

You guys are great !

I just wanted to say I am not usualy home watching your shows.

Due to a problem with my lower back I let my business of 15 yrs go after trying to keep it up part time failed. Really due to many reasons, mainly taking care of my Mom of 85, after finding out she had CHF and had to have a pace maker put in a few months later. I also have had my disabled brother of 60. I have now taken the advice of my doctors and got the process going with my own health started. I done the small business, caregiver, single mother activities until I couldn'd any more. Going from 60 mhp  for over 14 yrs to 10 is a hughe change and it finaly made me realize just how stressed me out until I just can't function properly.

I just wanted to say while watching your show and reading the comments on here that I think what your doing is great !

Thank God for giving and caring people like you all.

I am not able to give like I am known to do this year and there's big adjustments like my son is 21 and not home with me this year and after bad news with my back and a wild roller coaster ride daily with my mother's dementia I have had to make changes that make this Christmas very very different. Thank God I do have family and friends that know me as a big giver weither it be Christmas or any ordinary day I know they will understand why I am not able to give like I normally do and I just wanted to add my story to shine light on this page that if one has family and can not do what they normally do...getting together and being there for one another is better than having to be together and do the Christmas thing as people say it and part with the same feelings or problems they always carry about one another. It is surprising what hard times can do for people, it can bring people together and closer where as a formal acting out of a regular Christmas every year just rolls as usual and they take the same differences home with them with a gift they don't even like.

SO NO SAD STORY HERE...IT WAS GREAT SEEING YOU MAKE YOUR AUDIENCE HAPPY AND MAY GOD BLESS YOU AND EVERYONE INVOLVED IN DOING THESE GREAT GIFTS.

AGAIN I WANT TO SAY I AM BLESSED WITH A FAMILY THAT WILL UNDERSTAND AND BE THANKFUL WE CAN EVEN BE TOGETHER. ( I ALWAYS THINK OF OTHERS THAT HAVE IT WORSE THAN I DO, AND IT MAKES ME THANKFUL FOR WHAT I DO HAVE.)

MeRrY ChRiStMaS and Happy Holidays to all...

"May he shine his face upon you all through this holiday season!"

December 16, 2008, 8:13 am CST

No gifts for me kids this year.

This show just made me feel even worse than I did,I'm disabled single mom & I can't get them even things they need never mind what they want & this will be the 1st year we won't even have a tree & I Love the tree & Lights,but when there is nothing to put under it,why bother & it's the 2nd year a few day's after x-mas that my son's father passed away,so it's doubly hard for me I can't imagine how my son's gonna feel,I hoped to just have a x-mas dinner but the money wasn't there to do even that for my kids,I guess x-mas this year will be how x-mas should be before it got out of hand with the Money Hungry Corp's and back to what it should be,Family & it's kinda like a With-drawl & it's Not Easy for me esp when I Love to Give & Help others but it is what it is ..With this economy as it is I'd rather see a reg Dr.Phil show,why can't they just send those ppl the gifts & put the sponcers on web. if I could get up & out of my bed I would've changed channel & I thought today's show was "about Paula Dean",that was thee worst Let Down.....

December 16, 2008, 8:15 am CST

how wonderful

What a great thing for you all to did for the families on the program.  It's nice to see that you were all so kind to families in true need, due to unfortunate circumstances.  Been there, done that, never got any help, tried to figure it out, you have to do what you have to do.  They were all very fortunate to have someone to help them.    It 's great to know that you have such a kind heart to do what you did for them.   I have watched your show off and on for years, when I could, and I really have enjoyed it.  Go Dr. Phil - hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas.  Dr. Phil knows one of the meanings of Christmas - give with your heart and expect nothing for doing so, it makes the heart happy.

December 16, 2008, 8:20 am CST

Left out TV audience

I would like to wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and safe Holidays. I would also like to tell you how I would rather see you give toys to disadvantaged children than to the audience for being there. I felt very left out having watched your show for years and just because I'm not able to be there; I am not able to get anything. Does that mean your guests on the show are more important than your guests watching TV. I have about 2 weeks to figure out how I am going to buy 6 grandchildren something for Christmas and I sat here this morning crying until I finally had to turn the TV off.

Still love your show; I just don't think you understand how this makes the TV audience feel.

Thanks for letting me get this off my chest and again Merry Christmas,

Deborah Benton

December 16, 2008, 8:38 am CST

abut the show

just to let you know some of us watching the show were alittle dissapointed today that all you were

talking about was what you were giving the audience. Well sme of us people who work two jobs

and can't afford to take time off to go to your show,but watch it on tv don't want to know hat they re getting.

December 16, 2008, 8:39 am CST

Holiday Show

I agree that it is wonderful to see others receive joy, I to am definitely a giver.  My only suggestion perhaps to this years show would have been to secretely make it a show about the hundreds of Americans that have been laid off of their jobs and are either extremely stressed over the holidays or cannot afford Christmas for their families and then surprise these people with their generosity.  I was laid off from my job almost two months ago and am out of work for the first time ever and it is tough out their.  Fortunately, I am not a materialistic person but I do have children and know that just sitting in my home watching this show I was extremely moved and could only imagine what a huge impact this generosity would have made on my life.

Thank you Dr. Phil and Robin.  You are a true blessing in so many lives with all the work you do.

Merry Christmas!

December 16, 2008, 9:05 am CST

I know what you mean

Quote From: dogsmom

Yep, I'm an adult, and I feel left out when I see all the lucky people who get the "wow" presents while attending Dr. Phil and Oprah shows.
I've "acknowledged" my problem. My solution is to not tune in on the give-away days.
I don't begrudge anyone their good fortune. I just feel left out.
A student that goes to my sons school received a Hummer Truck from his parents and I can't even afford to buy my son a car at all. It does get depressing.

December 16, 2008, 9:05 am CST

Christmas holidays

Dr. Phil,

I watched your show today. I am happy that someone is able to help people out especially during the holidays. You always have an interesting show.  I watch when I can.  I just ask if you could pray that I get a job soon.  Thanks.  I wish that you and your family have a joy filled Christmas too. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last