Message Boards

Topic : 12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:57:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since her disappearance in July 2008, Caylee Anthony's image has been splashed across magazine covers and TV screens in an effort to find the missing 3-year-old. America has been riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of this case, including reports of suspicious behavior of the child’s mother, Casey. Despite her continued claims of innocence, Casey was charged with Caylee’s murder. Now, the latest developments in this case may finally solve the mystery, as the skeletal remains of a small child were found within a mile of the child’s grandparent’s house, where she oftentimes resided with her mother. While a positive identification has yet to be made, investigators searched the home of Caylee’s grandparents, and according to police, recovered additional evidence that may lead to a resolution. Dr. Phil and his panel of experts probe into a case that has captivated millions. Talk about the show here.

Update: Authorities reported that the remains found near the Anthony property have been identified as Caylee Anthony. Her mother, Casey Anthony, faces charges, including first-degree murder, in the disappearance of her daughter. If convicted, Casey could be sentenced to life in prison.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 19, 2008, 1:49 pm CST

12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Quote From: loveanime

You have a pregnant 19 year old girl who doesn't want the baby and wants to give it up for adoption.  The grandparents say no way.  So here is this teenager who wants nothing more than to party and do as she pleases but is now saddled with a child she never wanted to begin with.   Now, not only is her freedom curtailed but is constantly reminded that she just can't take off whenever she wants with her friends because she has a child to care for by the grandmother.

Now Caylee is 2 1/2 years old and cute as a button and the love of her grandparents.   Like any grandparent the Anthony's dote on Caylee and in their world everything is okey dokey.  Their daughter however is of a different viewpoint.  Caylee has become the fly in the clamdip of her life and she is tired of playing mommy and wants to free herself, in her mind, of the little "snot" she considers her daughter to be.

I think the straw that broke Casey's back was when she wanted to go with her friends to Puerto Rico and she couldn't because mummy and daddy said no and was once again reminded by Cindy Anthony that Casey had a child to think about and that it was Casey's duty, responsibility and obligation to put Caylee first.  It was shortly after that Casey took Caylee while Casey went to visit friends.  The public knows how it starts 31 days later.

Casey Anthony is not entirely to be blamed for the events that followed.  Cindy and George Anthony started the tragedy that is now Caylee Marie Anthony.  The Anthony's shouldn't have forced Casey to keep Caylee.  If they wanted their granddaughter that bad THEY should have legally adopted Caylee.  But as the saying goes, "should, coulda, wouda."

If the remains are that of Caylee, the manner of death still has to be determined.  Once that is done the trial can go forward.  Believe me I WIll be watching the trial on TRU TV.  Interested in how the Defense will present their case.  Just hope forensics did their job beyond reproach.

That is my take on the whys. 

Oh! please stop with all of this - all these scenerios are AWFUL - why would you ever think of such a thing. 

If this is Caylee's remains just let the authorities give us the supposedly details as I couldn't read and didn't even want to read what started out to be quite sensational.

December 19, 2008, 2:08 pm CST

Poor Caylee, How many more!

I FEEL SORRY FOR ALL INVOLVED. WELL, NOT SO MUCH FOR CASEY. I BELIEVED SHE DID IT FROM DAY ONE. AND WILL CONTINUE TO DO SO, UNTIL I'M PROVEN WRONG.

I AM IN FEAR OF SOMETHING LIKE THIS HAPPENING IN MY FAMILY, TO MY GRANDCHILD. THIS IS A 19 YEAR OLD GIRL WITH 2 CHILDREN, BY 2 DIFFERENT GUYS (ONE GUY IS MY SON) THEY HAVE SHARED CUSTODY, BUT SHE LIKES TO USE HIS BABY AS THE PAWN. WE LOVE THIS LITTLE GUY SO MUCH, BUT HIS MOM DOESN'T SEEM TO CARE, AS LONG AS SHE CAN USE HIM AS HER PAWN. SHE HAS JUST GOTTEN INTO THE BARS AND DRINKING, AND JUST RECENTLY WAS TOLD SHE WAS DRIVING DRUNK WITH THE KIDS IN THE CAR. SHE JUST THOUGHT IT WAS FUNNY, NO ONE GOT HURT. I JUST DON'T KNOW WHO TO TURN TO ANYMORE. DCF HAS BEEN CALLED 3 TIMES ON HER, AND WITHIN 30 DAYS THEY CLOSED THE CASE. SHE IS NOT A GOOD MOTHER. I HAVE SO MANY PICTURES AND MEDICAL RECORDS OF MY GRANDSON, BUT NO ONE SEEMS TO CARE. IF YOU HAVE ANY IDEAS OR HELP, PLEASE SENT A COMMENT. I HAVE E-MAIL DR. PHIL 3 TIMES. I NEED SOME ANSWERS BEFORE WE HAVE ANOTHER CAYLEE.

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM WITH ALL THIS MEDIA, IS NOW THEY'RE SHOWING OTHER GIRLS HOW TO DO IT, HIDE IT FOR 30 DAYS, AND JUST DON'T SAY ANYTHING.

December 19, 2008, 2:11 pm CST

Quote From: getrealtime

It seems to me most do not know what reasonable doubt is, its not 100% knowing that the person did it its in reason. This hole story starting from the phone call tells a story of guilt. There is no baby sitter Casey doesn't  have a home or phone number of said baby sitter no job to pay said baby-sitter  she never reported the baby missing went out and party like she was free. The hair in her car with the death banded around it the googled searches of how to kill on her pc, NO we don't have a video tape of her doing wrong to her child but you put the pieces together and any jury even a jury that has heard nothing would fined this mother guilty because the law is not 100% proof its reasonable minds putting together the pieces to tell a story of what happened.

Let's do the right thing as stop trying to figure this case out - opinions are one thing but you all seem to think you have your hand on the TRUTH.  I just wish the judge would put a gag on the media!!!

This will go to court if this child's remains are Caylee's and hear some REAL EXPERTS present the FACTS!!! -   That  would be fair I would like to think.

The other  comment that was made that the other mother  that was grilled and berated by Nancy Grace would have killed herself anyway - WOW - that is far out !!

Why has this society with all it' s freedom feel so free to say the most awful things about something they don't know and especially about a woman that killed herself, who is not alive to defend her side,  when her baby was missing?  UNFAIR and that is unfair to taint other people's minds with that kind of poisonous thinking!!!!

December 19, 2008, 2:30 pm CST

CAYLEE

Hi, Dr. Phil.  I was heartbroken to see that they discovered that the body they found WAS THAT OF CAYLEE ANTHONY!!  What is this world coming to??????? 

Sorry!

December 19, 2008, 2:32 pm CST

Quote From: loveanime

You have a pregnant 19 year old girl who doesn't want the baby and wants to give it up for adoption.  The grandparents say no way.  So here is this teenager who wants nothing more than to party and do as she pleases but is now saddled with a child she never wanted to begin with.   Now, not only is her freedom curtailed but is constantly reminded that she just can't take off whenever she wants with her friends because she has a child to care for by the grandmother.

Now Caylee is 2 1/2 years old and cute as a button and the love of her grandparents.   Like any grandparent the Anthony's dote on Caylee and in their world everything is okey dokey.  Their daughter however is of a different viewpoint.  Caylee has become the fly in the clamdip of her life and she is tired of playing mommy and wants to free herself, in her mind, of the little "snot" she considers her daughter to be.

I think the straw that broke Casey's back was when she wanted to go with her friends to Puerto Rico and she couldn't because mummy and daddy said no and was once again reminded by Cindy Anthony that Casey had a child to think about and that it was Casey's duty, responsibility and obligation to put Caylee first.  It was shortly after that Casey took Caylee while Casey went to visit friends.  The public knows how it starts 31 days later.

Casey Anthony is not entirely to be blamed for the events that followed.  Cindy and George Anthony started the tragedy that is now Caylee Marie Anthony.  The Anthony's shouldn't have forced Casey to keep Caylee.  If they wanted their granddaughter that bad THEY should have legally adopted Caylee.  But as the saying goes, "should, coulda, wouda."

If the remains are that of Caylee, the manner of death still has to be determined.  Once that is done the trial can go forward.  Believe me I WIll be watching the trial on TRU TV.  Interested in how the Defense will present their case.  Just hope forensics did their job beyond reproach.

That is my take on the whys. 

Wowwie...ur aces at blame shifting arent ya?  19 is adult and Casey has no one to blame but Casey...she was of legal age to do an adoption w/o mom and dads permission, so that wont hold water ANYWHERE.  And FYI u dont need a "manner of death" to proceed with a trial, therefore, if she acted alone she should, can and will be the only one entirely to blame.  Ur gonna have a wonderful life ahead seeing as how everyone else is responsible for your actions....good luck with that....

December 19, 2008, 2:40 pm CST

Tot Mom waste of human flesh

The media's been milking this gory story for all it's worth, haven't they? Americans just LOVE  a twisted tale about a deranged woman who *allegedly* murdered her own child. Everything about this is absolutely sickening. This Tot Mom is so guilty of murder you can see it from space! She is a sick, evil, spineless, gutless, heartless, loveless waste of human flesh.  May she rot in prison until she DIES! And the people defending her are equally evil. They obviously have no moral conscience whatsoever. How can they believe she didn't kill her little girl? EVERYTHING she has said has been a complete lie!! I H-A-T-E liars! gosh oh gee, it's really a wonder why lawyers have such a negative reputation. Filthy dirt bags!!  And the justice system is a complete joke. When the killer isn't being observed on camera she must literally be laughing in their faces.  People must wake up to the sad fact that some mothers ARE capaple of killing their kids and have not one drop of remorse about it in their icy black hearts or they wouldn't be ordering snacks over the phone in jail! PS has any besides me thought that if the remains of this murdered child aren't the tot mom's daughter, that must mean ANOTHER child has been the victim of ANOTHER  killer who could still be on the loose?

December 19, 2008, 2:41 pm CST

Quote From: viandepp

Let's do the right thing as stop trying to figure this case out - opinions are one thing but you all seem to think you have your hand on the TRUTH.  I just wish the judge would put a gag on the media!!!

This will go to court if this child's remains are Caylee's and hear some REAL EXPERTS present the FACTS!!! -   That  would be fair I would like to think.

The other  comment that was made that the other mother  that was grilled and berated by Nancy Grace would have killed herself anyway - WOW - that is far out !!

Why has this society with all it' s freedom feel so free to say the most awful things about something they don't know and especially about a woman that killed herself, who is not alive to defend her side,  when her baby was missing?  UNFAIR and that is unfair to taint other people's minds with that kind of poisonous thinking!!!!
r u even following the right story?  no one has killed herself...Casey killed her daughter not herself...and just because SOME of us know how the law works and u dont understand whats being discussed doesnt mean we are experts..so then, why not put your hand over your mouth. its better to stay silent and let people think you foolish than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.  PS.. gag the media yourself and pop over to another station, some of us are very interested to see where this goes...

December 19, 2008, 3:10 pm CST

Quote From: doomsdaydiva

The media's been milking this gory story for all it's worth, haven't they? Americans just LOVE  a twisted tale about a deranged woman who *allegedly* murdered her own child. Everything about this is absolutely sickening. This Tot Mom is so guilty of murder you can see it from space! She is a sick, evil, spineless, gutless, heartless, loveless waste of human flesh.  May she rot in prison until she DIES! And the people defending her are equally evil. They obviously have no moral conscience whatsoever. How can they believe she didn't kill her little girl? EVERYTHING she has said has been a complete lie!! I H-A-T-E liars! gosh oh gee, it's really a wonder why lawyers have such a negative reputation. Filthy dirt bags!!  And the justice system is a complete joke. When the killer isn't being observed on camera she must literally be laughing in their faces.  People must wake up to the sad fact that some mothers ARE capaple of killing their kids and have not one drop of remorse about it in their icy black hearts or they wouldn't be ordering snacks over the phone in jail! PS has any besides me thought that if the remains of this murdered child aren't the tot mom's daughter, that must mean ANOTHER child has been the victim of ANOTHER  killer who could still be on the loose?

I like knowing whats going on around me...and I like milk, builds strong bones, if you will.  I for one am astounded at everyones shock, its like people are totally unaware that we live in the USA.  People dont know half of the horrors that go on in this country. I dont believe anyone is a waste of flesh, but then I've seen God do some pretty amazing things that have changed my mind on that particular subject and I guess you havent.  Its always a mistake to hate, for any reason, but to say you hate liars means you hate everyone (yourself included because everyone lies) and therefore have nothing useful for us to use as a society, does that mean you are also a waste?  My point is, try to show a little charity for your fellow man, you WILL need it back one day, we all do.

December 19, 2008, 3:40 pm CST

lol...

Quote From: kizzay

r u even following the right story?  no one has killed herself...Casey killed her daughter not herself...and just because SOME of us know how the law works and u dont understand whats being discussed doesnt mean we are experts..so then, why not put your hand over your mouth. its better to stay silent and let people think you foolish than to open your mouth and remove all doubt.  PS.. gag the media yourself and pop over to another station, some of us are very interested to see where this goes...
shoves portion of crow into mouth...lol...i do agree Nancy Grace is a major pain in the rear though.

December 19, 2008, 3:49 pm CST

Remains Identified

The Orange County Sheriff's Dept. said today that the child's remains are those of Caylee Anthony & that she was murdered. She is safe in God's arms now and nobody can ever hurt her again. If her mother is convicted of killing her, she needs to rot under the jail. Because of all the innocent people who have been convicted of murder, I am not a big advocate of the death penalty, but in this case, I'm making an exception. Whomever killed that little girl needs to be swiftly executed in public.

First | Prev | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last