Message Boards

Topic : 12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:57:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since her disappearance in July 2008, Caylee Anthony's image has been splashed across magazine covers and TV screens in an effort to find the missing 3-year-old. America has been riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of this case, including reports of suspicious behavior of the child’s mother, Casey. Despite her continued claims of innocence, Casey was charged with Caylee’s murder. Now, the latest developments in this case may finally solve the mystery, as the skeletal remains of a small child were found within a mile of the child’s grandparent’s house, where she oftentimes resided with her mother. While a positive identification has yet to be made, investigators searched the home of Caylee’s grandparents, and according to police, recovered additional evidence that may lead to a resolution. Dr. Phil and his panel of experts probe into a case that has captivated millions. Talk about the show here.

Update: Authorities reported that the remains found near the Anthony property have been identified as Caylee Anthony. Her mother, Casey Anthony, faces charges, including first-degree murder, in the disappearance of her daughter. If convicted, Casey could be sentenced to life in prison.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 19, 2008, 3:57 pm CST

caylee anthony

i was following this case and my heart is broken knowing that caylee is no longer with us.... i truly believe in god and i pray to him to bring people behind caylees murder to justice.... i also pray for little caylees soul to rest in peace....

we will miss u caylee....!!!!

December 19, 2008, 4:21 pm CST

May she now rest in peace

Like many others here, I have followed the story through Nancy Grace. Although many of us were hoping that Caylee would be found alive, I think when this discovery was made all of those hopes came crashing down. I is truly a shame what this child had gone through in her final moments. I have read other posts here saying I wonder if we will ever know "why?" There is no "why". There is absolutely no reason this child had to go through any of this. My heart goes out to her and I am sure she is in a place that she will never be harmed again.

As far as the case itself - I am glad to hear that the grandparents are supposedly going to finally start telling the truth - although I do not believe that they should get immunity. It is my belief that George is the only one who never quite knew all of the facts. Cindy has tried covering things up from the very beginning and I also agree with the person who said the brother may have been involved as well. If you watch the prison tapes carefully, he sits most of the time quietly with his head down. Body language can speak volumes. Casey - in my mind and from the evidence that I have seen - is guilty and should be punished to the full extent of the law - right down to taking away her pop tarts - let her suffer in jail for the rest of her life - if they do not reinstate the death penalty. Now that we know more about where she was found and how, a lot of Casey's jail statements do make sense. She knew this little sweet girl was never coming home. I heard recently she posted something to a friend on "Facebook" about stealing the rest of her duck tape. She is a psychopath - there is no other way to describe her. I only hope that when it comes to trial that the prosecution has all of their ducks in a row so there is not one shred of doubt in any one of the juror's minds.

May her soul rest in peace and hopefully her body will as well - very soon.

December 19, 2008, 8:28 pm CST

R.I.P. little Caylee

As alot of other people I too have been watching this horrifying story unfold. It is December 19, 2008. I knew in my heart all along that this story would have a tragic ending. The story of sweet Caylee and the heart wrenching ending has affected me more than I thought it would. I sat down on the couch tonight watching Nancy Grace, and the first thing I saw was "Remains are that of Caylee Anthony." I broke down and cried and had to turn the TV off. Everytime I see that little girls sweet innocent face it tears me up. I am tearing up right now as I type this knowing that that beautiful little child is gone. But like others it helps me to know that God is holding that beautiful baby in his hands where she will never be hurt again. I won't put out the energy to write about the "mother" of this baby. I know that God will bring justice for little Caylee. She was God's angel on earth and now she is an angel in heaven. Spread your wings little Caylee. We miss you.

December 19, 2008, 9:34 pm CST

Sleep In Heavenly Peace

To the Anthony's

You don't know me and that doesn't matter.

In this time of tragedy and great sorrow,

Know you are not alone.

I hope you can find comfort and peace

And I pray that the media ZOO will give you the privacy that you deserve

(althoughtI highly doubt it)

May God take you in his arms and carry you through which is surely going to be the hardest part of your lives

I am so sorry for your loss

And I wish I could do more

I will be praying for you ,as will countless others Im sure

God Bless You's and keep you's

& Dear Caylee sleep in heavenly peace Angel.

December 20, 2008, 7:16 am CST

Hello Everyone.....

As you have prob ally read I have been also following this case from the "get-go"

There is a lot of negative remarks regarding the lawyer (NANCY GRACE)

What I have learned about her is she is not this loud mouth trouble starter looking for ratings. 

Way back before she even became a LAWYER and please forgive me, because I can not give you exact dates but I am sure if you would like them please google them and please read on because I am trying to type as clearly as I can,  (thank you)

NANCY GRACE was studying ENGLISH and Shakespeare and she was engaged to her college sweetheart. 

One night they went out on a date and this man the love of her life was murdered! 

Brutally murdered.  This changed her as a person,  and she felt powerless for years. 

Than she decided to take back her life and not be a victim any longer,  and decided to go to LAW-SCHOOL and she became a prosecutor,  focusing on all people who were involved with brutal Hannis crimes. 

She took this terrible situation and turned it around to not only help others,  but help herself along the way.

There was a very long time when she couldn't even ever think about dating another man. 

The man that was murdered was her life.  It wasn't until many years later she fell in love again. 

GOD has also blessed her marriage with (2 ) twin babies.  A boy and a girl.  (Which she almost lost FYI)  

This is why she shares her children and there life at some-point nightly in her broadcast.

I say all the above because knowing this and her back-round maybe you can see why she is so diligent in getting all the facts,  keeping this story alive,  and not allowing falsehoods and defense attorney tricks to try and sway public opinion.

As I stated this CASEY ANTHONY IS A DIABOLICAL LIAR.  FACT

EVERY TIME SHE WAS QUESTIONED BY THE POLICE SHE LIED!~  FACT

THERE are a lot of smarter people than me in this world,  I am no where near as smart as a lawyer,  or a Doctor or any sort of "professional" person but in my humble opinion THE TOT MOM has been right where she belongs.  IN JAIL.

Maybe I was wrong for saying she needs to die...the death penalty statement because let the truth be known  I couldn't sit on a jury and decide whether someone gets life or death.  This is up to my LORD GOD.  If I did decide this than in my heart for the rest of my life I would be riddled with the fact that I actually killed someone.

My husband seems to think she needs to be in JAIL THE REST OF HER LIFE so every single day she can think about exactly what she has done, and never see the light of freedom.

WORLD IF YOU ARE SENDING MONEY TO THIS STUPID MURDER IN JAIL  STOP!~

SHE DESERVES NOTHING EXTRA.  NO COMMISSARY,  NO SPECIAL FOODS,  SHAMPOOS NOTHING!~

LET ALL THE EVIDENCE SPEAK.......SHE KILLED HER DAUGHTER and any on else attached to this crime,  Whether it be the GRAND MOTHER CINDY ANTHONY who interfered in this by washing her pants,  not giving the babies hairbrush and giving police conflicting stories....SHOULD ALSO BE CHARGED!

THE END

December 20, 2008, 7:18 am CST

Fishy

Some new news and something is fishy. It turns out the meter reader who found Caylee's remains reported it multiple times the other month.

The meter reader first called the sheriff's office on August 11 to report a bag on the side of the road where Caylee's remains were finally "discovered". A deputy responded, but found no bag and the meter reader had left.

The same meter reader called back the next day with the same information. Then on August 13, the meter reader called the sheriff's office a third time about finding a bag in the same area. This time, the meter reader met with police at the spot. Nothing of interest was found and the police cleared the area.

Then last week, the same meter reader calls in again, from the same place, only this time he's holding a bag with the remains.

Something is weird here. This person kept calling about a bag in that location, and then finally, months later, comes up with a bag in that spot with Caylee's remains in it. Did this person have something to do with all of this and just wants to be the hero in the media? The meter reader seemed fixated on there being a bag in that spot that police needed to look at. But each time, police found the reader had nothing of interest...until this last time.   

December 20, 2008, 10:39 am CST

12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Quote From: labelfree

As you have prob ally read I have been also following this case from the "get-go"

There is a lot of negative remarks regarding the lawyer (NANCY GRACE)

What I have learned about her is she is not this loud mouth trouble starter looking for ratings. 

Way back before she even became a LAWYER and please forgive me, because I can not give you exact dates but I am sure if you would like them please google them and please read on because I am trying to type as clearly as I can,  (thank you)

NANCY GRACE was studying ENGLISH and Shakespeare and she was engaged to her college sweetheart. 

One night they went out on a date and this man the love of her life was murdered! 

Brutally murdered.  This changed her as a person,  and she felt powerless for years. 

Than she decided to take back her life and not be a victim any longer,  and decided to go to LAW-SCHOOL and she became a prosecutor,  focusing on all people who were involved with brutal Hannis crimes. 

She took this terrible situation and turned it around to not only help others,  but help herself along the way.

There was a very long time when she couldn't even ever think about dating another man. 

The man that was murdered was her life.  It wasn't until many years later she fell in love again. 

GOD has also blessed her marriage with (2 ) twin babies.  A boy and a girl.  (Which she almost lost FYI)  

This is why she shares her children and there life at some-point nightly in her broadcast.

I say all the above because knowing this and her back-round maybe you can see why she is so diligent in getting all the facts,  keeping this story alive,  and not allowing falsehoods and defense attorney tricks to try and sway public opinion.

As I stated this CASEY ANTHONY IS A DIABOLICAL LIAR.  FACT

EVERY TIME SHE WAS QUESTIONED BY THE POLICE SHE LIED!  FACT

THERE are a lot of smarter people than me in this world,  I am no where near as smart as a lawyer,  or a Doctor or any sort of "professional" person but in my humble opinion THE TOT MOM has been right where she belongs.  IN JAIL.

Maybe I was wrong for saying she needs to die...the death penalty statement because let the truth be known  I couldn't sit on a jury and decide whether someone gets life or death.  This is up to my LORD GOD.  If I did decide this than in my heart for the rest of my life I would be riddled with the fact that I actually killed someone.

My husband seems to think she needs to be in JAIL THE REST OF HER LIFE so every single day she can think about exactly what she has done, and never see the light of freedom.

WORLD IF YOU ARE SENDING MONEY TO THIS STUPID MURDER IN JAIL  STOP!

SHE DESERVES NOTHING EXTRA.  NO COMMISSARY,  NO SPECIAL FOODS,  SHAMPOOS NOTHING!

LET ALL THE EVIDENCE SPEAK.......SHE KILLED HER DAUGHTER and any on else attached to this crime,  Whether it be the GRAND MOTHER CINDY ANTHONY who interfered in this by washing her pants,  not giving the babies hairbrush and giving police conflicting stories....SHOULD ALSO BE CHARGED!

THE END

First we have to wait for the evidence to be in before making a judgement. It looks bad for her but I am not convinced that she is guilty. I have not followed every tit bit of news about the case because I think speculation just confuses the issues. We always ascribe our own values and emotions to others, and this is neither accurate nor fair. You state if you murdered someone you would be riddled with the knowledge, you failed to attach emotions to that but I assume they would be guilt, remorse, and horror. Generally speaking if you are capable of those emotions you cannot take a life in cold blood. You have assumed the accused feels guilt, regret, and remorse. I think people capable of murder spend a lot of time feeling sorry for themselves, and not even a second on the people they murdered. I realize it gives comfort to believe they are tortured with guilt, but I am afraid it is not reality. The grand parents are doing what you have vilified the mother for not doing. They are protecting their child. If she is found guilty, they will have a life time of pain and regret. Rationalizing the most outrageous facts and behaviours when one cannot face the truth is not unusual for people. Try to remember that we must temper justice with mercy or it is just revenge.

December 20, 2008, 10:45 am CST

12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

I am really sad that this poor little girl has been murdered. I cried for the longest time yesterday when they talked about Caylee on tv. I watched nancy Grace last night I am a big fan of her. when she did that video tribute to Caylee i cried through the whole thing. My daughter hates Casey too for what she did to Caylee. I know Caylee is with Jesus now and she can never be harmed by the evil one she called mommy again. We love you Caylee Marie. R.I.P

December 20, 2008, 1:19 pm CST

YOU READ MY STATEMENT WRONG!~

Quote From: efffy_

First we have to wait for the evidence to be in before making a judgement. It looks bad for her but I am not convinced that she is guilty. I have not followed every tit bit of news about the case because I think speculation just confuses the issues. We always ascribe our own values and emotions to others, and this is neither accurate nor fair. You state if you murdered someone you would be riddled with the knowledge, you failed to attach emotions to that but I assume they would be guilt, remorse, and horror. Generally speaking if you are capable of those emotions you cannot take a life in cold blood. You have assumed the accused feels guilt, regret, and remorse. I think people capable of murder spend a lot of time feeling sorry for themselves, and not even a second on the people they murdered. I realize it gives comfort to believe they are tortured with guilt, but I am afraid it is not reality. The grand parents are doing what you have vilified the mother for not doing. They are protecting their child. If she is found guilty, they will have a life time of pain and regret. Rationalizing the most outrageous facts and behaviours when one cannot face the truth is not unusual for people. Try to remember that we must temper justice with mercy or it is just revenge.

I SAID I COULD NOT SIT ON A JURY with GOOD CONSCIENCE and decide IF SOMEONE SHOULD LIVE OR DIE.

THAN I WOULD BE RIDDLED WITH GUILT for the rest of my LIFE that I had murdered someone.  THIS SHOULD BE LEFT up to MY LORD GOD to make those choices.

I sure hope you are NOT in her jury pool.

She has lied about  hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm Lets see

When her child was taken

That she had a nanny

That she worked at UNIVERSAL STUDIOS

Where the last place/time she saw her daughter

Who her daughter was with

The place she dropped her daughter off  (1) At some fathom empty Apt!) (2) A park near water

She didn't allow her "boyfriend"or Her Dad near her-car that had a dead body in it.

The phone calls here and there when she spoke to her daughter(which she couldn't prove cell phone out)

HER MOTHER INTERFERED BY washing clothes evidence from CAR

WHEN THE POLICE ASKED FOR A HAIRBRUSH GRANDMOTHER gave wrong one

GRANDMOTHER went against her ORIGINAL Attorney advice and went on a MEDIA BLITZ trying to back pedal DAY SHE WAS LOST, 

THE SMELL IN THE CAR WAS NOT THAT OF DEATH LIKE SHE ORIGINALLY REPORTED,  But 2 week old pizza,  and tried with HER LIES TO CONVINCE AMERICA OF CAYLEE SIGHTINGS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY!

I have three kids and GOD FORBID IF ANYONE were deflects LIKE CASEY ANTHONY YOU BEST WELL BELIEVE I WOULDN'T BE PROTECTING THEM IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.  IF THEY or one of them KILLED MY GRANDCHILD anyone of them could ROT FOREVER IN JAIL NO MATTER HOW MUCH I AM IN LOVE with my children!

December 20, 2008, 2:24 pm CST

Casey Requesting Her Attorney Upon Learning They Have Confirmation Of Her Daughter's Death

I strongly suspected that this child was no longer with us, but it was still so very sad to hear that they now can confirm that she is dead. 

I've heard that Casey was informed of her daughter's death 15 minutes before the press conference.  Her pastor showed up moments later, but she opted to forgo the consolation of her pastor in favor of visiting with her attorney.

This makes perfect sense to me if ya'll will permit me to speculate.

I think Casey is probably guilty which means she knew all along where her daughter's body was.  When she found out that they found her little girl, she felt panicked and afraid for herself because she knew it would hurt her case.

I think there are many questions she's been just dying to ask her attorney now that she's sitting in her cramped jail cell with no more Google searches.  She wants to know things like what kinds of incriminating information can be gleaned from a body in the state that it's now in? Will this point to me? Can I save my own hide?

I think she's had all kinds of questions burning up inside of her based upon things that only she knew.  She wanted answers because answers would help her figure out answers to her most important questions ~ questions along the lines of, "What's going to happen to me now?"

But, alas, Casey had to wait until everyone else was up to speed before she asked those questions.  I'll bet she couldn't wait to talk to her attorney after everything was made public.  She was probably chomping at the bit.

As for consolation from her pastor? You have to feel sad before you need that.

First | Prev | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last