Message Boards

Topic : 12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:57:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since her disappearance in July 2008, Caylee Anthony's image has been splashed across magazine covers and TV screens in an effort to find the missing 3-year-old. America has been riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of this case, including reports of suspicious behavior of the child’s mother, Casey. Despite her continued claims of innocence, Casey was charged with Caylee’s murder. Now, the latest developments in this case may finally solve the mystery, as the skeletal remains of a small child were found within a mile of the child’s grandparent’s house, where she oftentimes resided with her mother. While a positive identification has yet to be made, investigators searched the home of Caylee’s grandparents, and according to police, recovered additional evidence that may lead to a resolution. Dr. Phil and his panel of experts probe into a case that has captivated millions. Talk about the show here.

Update: Authorities reported that the remains found near the Anthony property have been identified as Caylee Anthony. Her mother, Casey Anthony, faces charges, including first-degree murder, in the disappearance of her daughter. If convicted, Casey could be sentenced to life in prison.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 17, 2008, 12:23 pm CST

Welcome to the Casey Anthony Show

Cindy (grandmother) had no reason to call police or think anything was wrong during the first month. She claimed she WAS in touch with Casey by phone and text messages, falling (as usual) for Casey's lies as to why Caylee couldn't talk on the phone to say "hi" to her grandma. "She's at the beach with the nanny - or - she is taking a nap".... were a few of the excuses that Casey would tell her.

When Casey abandoned the car and it was towed away, the grand parents were notified by the towing company. When they picked up the car from the tow yard is when they noticed the smell.

Cindy is a nurse. She knows very well the smell of decomposition. George was a detective, he also knows the smell.

Soon after Casey's first arrest, as her stories began to sound more and more unbelievable, Cindy realized how bad this really was looking for Casey, Cindy started trying to back-peddle in order to take some heat off of Casey. Being the control freak she is, Cindy tries desperately to maintain the image that her family is so squeeky clean. There are so many skeletons (pardon the pun) in this family closet, that she will say anything to try to preserve her twisted view of the family. She even had the audacity to try to make the public believe that the tow yard must have had a spare dead body to put in that car. (is she so stupid as to think the police and public are as stupid as she is)?

When brother Lee changed his mind about taking a polygraph, he then convinced George and Cindy to do the same. It has been said that Casey was VERY close with her brother Lee, (makes me wonder just how close) I also wonder about the name, CayLEE. (hmmmmm!)
If my suspicions are true, it would further devastate the public image of not only Casey, but the ENTIRE family forever.

Did Caylee call her grandmother "nana"? Has anyone noticed when they show the video of Caylee singing "You are my Sunshine" at the end of the song, it sounds like she is saying "Please don't take nana's sunshine away." That in itself is no big deal, but I bet it ticked Casey off to no end.

Given the fact that Casey was so overwhelmed by jealousy of the relationship between Caylee and the grand parents just adds more fuel to Casey's fire of motivation to harm her child. Casey wasn't her parents little princess any more, Caylee had de-throned her. Besides wanting to keep her partying lifestyle, this was the best way to hurt her parents for allowing Caylee to replace so much of the affection that used to be hers.

Can't wait to read the book!!!

December 17, 2008, 1:52 pm CST

Caylee

Hi Dr. Phil,

I think that she killed her baby and she deserves to go to jail.  A mother doesn't wait 31 days after her baby disappears to call the cops.

I hope that they find Caylee, but my gut feeling tells me that the beautiful little girl is dead.

December 17, 2008, 3:11 pm CST

caylee anthony

it goes beyond anything i could ever imagen as to how a mother could do such a thing as a mother myself there is no way on gods green earth i could ever hurt my children or let some one else but i really don't think anyone else did i really believe mommy dearest did it her self and i think she should face death the same way little innocent caylee did

December 17, 2008, 5:59 pm CST

casey is guilty

I have been following this ever since it started and the evidence against casey is totally clear .
She has done nothing but lie from the beginniing and when she is found guilty her parents will realize they to have been lied to all along. It is so clear casey got in fight with her mom then over dosed her on chloroform kept her in her trunk till it stunk to bad then she put her where she likely buried a cat or dog ( a pet cemetary ) that alone shows how she felt inside about her little girl.
She should get what she deserves and that is just what she did to her daughter . Murdering your own child is unforgivable.

December 17, 2008, 6:00 pm CST

Caylee

I have watched this case unfold, and have always felt that Casey was guilty in the dissapearance of her daughter. However I also believe in the justice system, and until all the facts are in,it is imperative that we not draw a conclusion to this case. I really became upset when the news media broadcasts these cases to the point that without a trial/without evidence/without motive/and without investigation.

The mother is already guilty in the dissapearance of Caylee, which I truly believe to be true, because of the poblicity this case has generated. However who are we to judge? until all facts are in.

Believe me I cannot understand  how a mother could ever murder a child especially when they have given birth to that child.,on the other hand I don`t believe that in this day and age there should be any murders of children, and being 65 years old I have wittnesed many changes over the past 30 years, and I truly believe that we have given to many rights to young people, and allowed them (as a society)

to get away with murder, as well as many other crimes, which did not exist years ago. Why is it so difficult for our laws to be changed in order to teach these young people respect, responsiability, love and careing of parents, friends,and the respect for the law. I believe if you do the crime you should do the time, and I don`t believe in probation/community service/house arrest/or curfue. I believe in teaching lessons, as was taught to the older generation.

My answer to these problems is to teach a lesson by serving time, and counciling,as well as education

from the time a child is born.

Al

December 17, 2008, 6:36 pm CST

casey

yes i think casey is guilty.shes done nothing but lie to the police.and the body guards.i cant believe any mother could do such a thing.it makes me mad.how can you do this to your own child.casey is one sick puppy,she should be hung not put in jail.i also think casey's mother and father knew what was going on and would'nt say anything.they knew at least i think they did.this mother went out partying instead of looking for her little girl.i would have went nuts looking for my child if it were missing.i hope casey rots in hell.she will pay for what shes done.dr.phil how can any mother do this to her own child.i dont understand.

December 17, 2008, 6:38 pm CST

her parents

Quote From: edmicequeen

I have been following this ever since it started and the evidence against casey is totally clear .
She has done nothing but lie from the beginniing and when she is found guilty her parents will realize they to have been lied to all along. It is so clear casey got in fight with her mom then over dosed her on chloroform kept her in her trunk till it stunk to bad then she put her where she likely buried a cat or dog ( a pet cemetary ) that alone shows how she felt inside about her little girl.
She should get what she deserves and that is just what she did to her daughter . Murdering your own child is unforgivable.
i really think her parents were in on it.i really do.i think they know what happened.they just would'nt give their daughter up.i know i would if it was murder.i think the grandparents were in on it too.

December 17, 2008, 8:46 pm CST

Who's telling the truth?

It seems that, for the marjority of people who want to make a statement here or elsewhere that you all have judged this whole family and I wish to state that is very unfair and has become too emotional for most  everyone in this world that knows about this case.

This has gotten so out of hand with the sensationalism presented by the media and the unrelenting nature of Nancy Grace's tv program that I have been following from the beginning and I say the same today as I just said .

NO WAY is there going to be a unpredudiced jury due to all the angles that have been invented as to who what and where.  It appears that the whole crime has been acted out as though it is TRUTH.  I wish there was more to the saying "innocent until proven guilty" - they seem to be just words as you all have judged the whole family and the one that is in jail, of which I might add, she is not in jail for killing or murder.  I am on the side of fairness.  All that have impuned bad motiives have perhaps ruined a whole family and that is sickening to me.  You may as well have shot them all by now.

Nancy Grace berated and beat down a mother in my home town on the air so badly who's child was missing that made this mother so much more distressed than ever that she took her own life !!  All because she was judged in the public media and put to the lowest level of existence - broadcast to millions.  What I shame, I say, when no guilt was ever established.

I believe there are only two that know what has gone on and that is God and the person who may have killed this little child.  There is nothing to date (12-16) to verify the identity of what was found near the home of the Anthony's.  I hope that if there is guilt it is proven and put on the right individual or individules. 

December 18, 2008, 5:12 am CST

12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Quote From: viandepp

It seems that, for the marjority of people who want to make a statement here or elsewhere that you all have judged this whole family and I wish to state that is very unfair and has become too emotional for most  everyone in this world that knows about this case.

This has gotten so out of hand with the sensationalism presented by the media and the unrelenting nature of Nancy Grace's tv program that I have been following from the beginning and I say the same today as I just said .

NO WAY is there going to be a unpredudiced jury due to all the angles that have been invented as to who what and where.  It appears that the whole crime has been acted out as though it is TRUTH.  I wish there was more to the saying "innocent until proven guilty" - they seem to be just words as you all have judged the whole family and the one that is in jail, of which I might add, she is not in jail for killing or murder.  I am on the side of fairness.  All that have impuned bad motiives have perhaps ruined a whole family and that is sickening to me.  You may as well have shot them all by now.

Nancy Grace berated and beat down a mother in my home town on the air so badly who's child was missing that made this mother so much more distressed than ever that she took her own life !!  All because she was judged in the public media and put to the lowest level of existence - broadcast to millions.  What I shame, I say, when no guilt was ever established.

I believe there are only two that know what has gone on and that is God and the person who may have killed this little child.  There is nothing to date (12-16) to verify the identity of what was found near the home of the Anthony's.  I hope that if there is guilt it is proven and put on the right individual or individules. 
It seems to me most do not know what reasonable doubt is, its not 100% knowing that the person did it its in reason. This hole story starting from the phone call tells a story of guilt. There is no baby sitter Casey doesn't  have a home or phone number of said baby sitter no job to pay said baby-sitter  she never reported the baby missing went out and party like she was free. The hair in her car with the death banded around it the googled searches of how to kill on her pc, NO we don't have a video tape of her doing wrong to her child but you put the pieces together and any jury even a jury that has heard nothing would fined this mother guilty because the law is not 100% proof its reasonable minds putting together the pieces to tell a story of what happened.

December 18, 2008, 7:17 am CST

Antisocial Personality Order

Quote From: carolrhill

This poor child suffered so badly I can not even imagine nor do I want imagine.

She had a face of an angel as all children do of that age and that is a fact.

I hate to say this but I have Dr. Phil because it is something I have been thinking for a very long time.

I think that this child is the product of her own grandfather and that is why she is not telling who the father is because she can't because of the fear factor.

I think that she was so jealous of this child because of that. I know what it feels like to keep a secret that is so big that it is life changing. Every time I look at that child I see her grandfather in her eyes. It really scares me to think that way but I do and that is a fact.

I was being raped by my brother-law-law for nine (9) years and I never spoke about because he would tell me that if I talked he would kill my family starting with my mother and let me watch so I know what I speaking about.

What ever they do to this mother it is not good enough because she took the life of innocent child and she didn't have the right to do so.

NOW THIS CHILD WILL REST IN PEACE AND BE WITH GOD ON HIS RIGHT SIDE AS WHERE SHE SHOULD BE NOW AND FOREVER!!!

I wondered if she had a daughter with her own father, also.  

Could Dr. Phil please explain the difference between "crazy" and "evil?"  Crazy gets better with treatment.  Someone with an Antisocial Personality Disorder goes right on their merry way, after one or two stints in the jail or the penitentiary.  Criminals have this disorder.    

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last