Message Boards

Topic : 12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:57:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since her disappearance in July 2008, Caylee Anthony's image has been splashed across magazine covers and TV screens in an effort to find the missing 3-year-old. America has been riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of this case, including reports of suspicious behavior of the child’s mother, Casey. Despite her continued claims of innocence, Casey was charged with Caylee’s murder. Now, the latest developments in this case may finally solve the mystery, as the skeletal remains of a small child were found within a mile of the child’s grandparent’s house, where she oftentimes resided with her mother. While a positive identification has yet to be made, investigators searched the home of Caylee’s grandparents, and according to police, recovered additional evidence that may lead to a resolution. Dr. Phil and his panel of experts probe into a case that has captivated millions. Talk about the show here.

Update: Authorities reported that the remains found near the Anthony property have been identified as Caylee Anthony. Her mother, Casey Anthony, faces charges, including first-degree murder, in the disappearance of her daughter. If convicted, Casey could be sentenced to life in prison.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 18, 2008, 1:48 pm CST

Grandparents

The United States is having a pandemic.  A huge epidemic of parents who failed to teach their children to respect themselves.  They failed to teach them to respect others.  They failed to teach them responsibility.  They fail to let them experience the consequences of the decisions they make so they will will learn as they grow their decisions can have both positive and negative consequences.  This describes Casey's parents.  As a result, we have an entire generation of young people who are not equipped to be adults.  They flounder as adults and end up costing society and becoming a burden on tax payers.  Casey is to the extreme of this.  I wish there was some way adults could start being held accountable for failing to teach their children these 3 basic things.  Respect for self and others.  Personal responsibility.  Parents just don't get it until their older teenagers are out of control and then go to the experts for help.  "Fix my child!"  Only, there is no fixing.......  So when the adult children get sentenced, the parents need to share the prison sentence.  Maybe then it would wake parents up!  

December 18, 2008, 1:53 pm CST

Casey anthony is guilty guilty guilty

casey anthony may not hav murdered her daughter with her own hand but that women is responsible. if that little girl is dead it is ultimately HER MOTHERS FAULT AND SHOULD HAV TO PAY.  if casey didnt do it she knows who did or who was involved. I MOST DEFINATELY WOULD NEVER WIN THE MOTHER OF THE YEAR AWARD BUT REGUARDLESS IF SUM1 TOOK MY BABY I WOULD GIVE THEM UP IN A HEARTBEAT. AND IF MY FAMILY WAS IN DANGER I WOULD DEMAND THAT THEY AND MYSELF B PUT INTO PROTECTIVE CUSTODY. CASEY ANTHONY IS GUILTY AND ALTHOUGH I DNT BELIEVE IN IT SHE NEEDS TO GET THE DEATH PENALTY REGUARDLESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

December 18, 2008, 1:56 pm CST

Mob Mentality.......

I think one of the most disgusting things I've seen regarding this whole case is the behavior of the lunatics who assembled outside the grandparents' home shouting and cursing, carrying ridiculous signs, and calling them names as if they themselves killed that baby!!

That was a despicable example of mob mentality and the displaying of the worst of society.

The grandparents didn't deserve that.....talk about stomping someone when they're down!

December 18, 2008, 2:05 pm CST

Anthony Case

One of your guest, Michelle Bart made the comment the Adam Walsh returned home after nearly 30 years. This is not so...the case was closed after 27 years.

I do enjoy your show.......

December 18, 2008, 2:07 pm CST

12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Quote From: celticspirit

I agree... why didn't these grandparents take the child?

The mother has shown no remorse, has done absolutely nothing to help with the investigation - and to the contrary - has sent detectives off on wild goose chases with all her lies and stories.

What on earth is wrong with the grandparents here?.... how could they possibly stand behind their daughter when it is so blatantly and painfully obvious that their daughter has killed (or has been involved in the killing/disappearance) of  their  loved grand daugher?

It is just a matter of time before Casey is going to be found guilty... and hopefully that day comes sooner, rather than later.  It is time she got what is coming to her -- a perfect argument for capital punishment.

You asked "Why didn't the grandparents take the child?"

Well, all the pictures you see with Caylee and Casey, it looks like everything is just wonderful. You can't just rip a child away from its mother without good cause....it doesn't work like that in the real world.

Whatever mistakes the grandparents made, I'm sure it wasn't with any malice....and, maybe their crystal ball is out for repair, so they couldn't tell the future in time to prevent this tragedy.

No one wants to believe their child is a monster!!

December 18, 2008, 2:14 pm CST

caylee anthony

i've been watching and i was wondering where caylees father is ? i can't recall hearing anything about him.

December 18, 2008, 2:18 pm CST

Little Caylee Anthony

I am a young woman. Writing this is way out of my character. I have strong opinions about several things that take place but choose to keep them to myself, as my opinions could cause conflict with someone of a different opinion. I chose to speak up about my opinion on this matter because I am outraged and sick to my stomach with this case. I have know personal connection to Caylee or anyone else in her family. As a matter of fact, I live thousands of miles from little Caylee. However, this story goes to show you how you can truly care for someone you have never met. I have been watching this story since the very first news report. My first thought was, "how could anyone take an innocent child away from her mother?" For the first couple of days, all I could do was think about that more mother and what she must be going through. It made me think about how I would react if I were in the same unfortunate situation.  Then, as more and more evidence was found, as more news crews interveiwed Casey, my feelings toward this case took a turn. I watched Dr.Phil today and the show about Caylee. And I could not help but post my opinion about this case. I am sick to my stomach. My heart has gone from poor Casey and how could someone take her child, to, how dare her!? She shows no heart or concern about her missing child. She waited weeks before even locating the authorities and the only reason she did was because her parents came home to a house without Caylee. Would she have ever called the authorities had her parents not come home? She says she will do anything and everything in her power to bring Caylee home, yet that ure wasn't te case when she was out partying the month Caylee went missing. If she knows what happend to Caylee, what kind of mother would hold out information about her missing daughter that "she loves so much?'' There are so many couples in this world that are unable to have their very own children. It sickens me the way this mother acts. If she knows what has happened to Caylee, I hope she gets everything she deserves. I pray for little Caylee and pray to God she does come home safe. She will remain in my heart and prayers.

December 18, 2008, 2:40 pm CST

caylee anthony

if casey  is  so  innocent   why  would you   wait   a month  to report  a missing  child  her child she  carried inside  her womb   if it is proven somehow  she  did not    physically   hurt   caylee   than  she should at  least  get   accessory      just  becouse   she  waited  a month ( when my   my   4yr old  daughter  is in preschool   i go crazy )     i only   hope  and pray   little  caylee   is found      and for  casey    your lies  only  hurt  your  child  at  least  tell the truth   for  caylee    do  something  right  for a change

December 18, 2008, 2:41 pm CST

12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Quote From: derevna33

If someone goes on national television, they have to expect "incessant, endless speculation."  Most of us are not going to be called on the jury--especially if we don't live in Florida. 

I believe the family went public believing that the media were their own public relations firm.  They seemed surprised that the original story was questioned.  By the police, and the public at large.  We are entitled to this.  Our opinions are our own opinions. 

When the facts do come in,  do you really expect that family to acknowledge them?       

I was making a general comment about the rabid American media not the family. Speculation is pointless.  People that feed into it and enjoy it are the same sort that rubberneck at car wrecks. I do not care why the family went public. If they had any brains they would keep their mouths shut. You are entitled to certain facts during and after a trial, if the judge allows it. No where does it say you are entitled to speculation, innuendo, or gossip. Everyone is entitled to an opinion unfortunately most are not educated or valid. I expect nothing from this family. What they think is just as immaterial as what we think when faced with cold hard fact. This woman will be found guilty or innocent regardless of all the mindless nattering of the public. In the end a beautiful little girl is still dead.

December 18, 2008, 2:50 pm CST

perceived guilt

I have been watching the show, seeing the videos with parents and daughter and listening to woman who has the tv show and the defense attorney.
I look at it from the point of view of a jury, there is no proof.
Every item pointed to by the tv host can be easily explained away.
A lot of circumstancial evidence but no proof.
You need proof.
They aren't sure if the body found is the girl yet, though all points look that it is.
The body was found in an area previously searched and showed up while the mother was in jail.

And contrary to most people's belief, people keep quiet about things for many reasons, not always guilt.
The videos of the parents and the mother talking show nothing unless you are looking to put something in to it. They are trying to prove the connections so are finding things that may or may not be there.

Watching this, and watching tv detective shows, I see so many places where an assumption of guilt is primary not the innocent until proved guilty. And questionable tactics being uses.  It is ok if it's with a criminal?

Maybe I think like a defense attorney, because I see so many loop holes in this case.
If the mother is guilty I hope they find the proof, but I also hope that if it is someone else they find the proof of that. If the mother has a mental concern then deal with that, don't crucify her if you don't understand how she can act that way.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last