Message Boards

Topic : 12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:57:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since her disappearance in July 2008, Caylee Anthony's image has been splashed across magazine covers and TV screens in an effort to find the missing 3-year-old. America has been riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of this case, including reports of suspicious behavior of the child’s mother, Casey. Despite her continued claims of innocence, Casey was charged with Caylee’s murder. Now, the latest developments in this case may finally solve the mystery, as the skeletal remains of a small child were found within a mile of the child’s grandparent’s house, where she oftentimes resided with her mother. While a positive identification has yet to be made, investigators searched the home of Caylee’s grandparents, and according to police, recovered additional evidence that may lead to a resolution. Dr. Phil and his panel of experts probe into a case that has captivated millions. Talk about the show here.

Update: Authorities reported that the remains found near the Anthony property have been identified as Caylee Anthony. Her mother, Casey Anthony, faces charges, including first-degree murder, in the disappearance of her daughter. If convicted, Casey could be sentenced to life in prison.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 18, 2008, 2:59 pm CST

Caylee's grandparents

I was wondering or has anyone else wondered this... if I were the grandparent and I hadnt seen my granddaughter in over a month... wouldnt I be asking questions or call the police?  Seems like they might be covering for their daughter also... just a thought. 

December 18, 2008, 3:55 pm CST

valid point

Quote From: cndrlla

I think one of the most disgusting things I've seen regarding this whole case is the behavior of the lunatics who assembled outside the grandparents' home shouting and cursing, carrying ridiculous signs, and calling them names as if they themselves killed that baby!!

That was a despicable example of mob mentality and the displaying of the worst of society.

The grandparents didn't deserve that.....talk about stomping someone when they're down!

very  valid  point  ,
 I  also  saw  that  and  thought   oooh  Geeesh!    how  stomp down  Rotten !
and  I  believe  that  despicable scenes  of  mob  mentality   displaying  the  worst  of  behavior   is  a  very  strong  indicative  that   society  has  a  hard  time  inspecting  their  own  conduct  and  behavior  (first)
 before    going  off  like  the  fourth  of  July  about  some  one  else's
 when  in  factual  Truth  most  of  them  had  no  concrete  evidence  to  warrent  that  out -  break  .

the  best  way  to  break  a  bad  habit  is  to  (drop it) 

no  pun  intended  but  I  heard  some  extreme  foul  words  used 
and  sat  with  my  jaw  dropping  at  how  traumatic   that  had  to  of  been  for  the  Grandparents  .

clearly  it  is  obvious  that  the  public  civilians  have  the  intent  of  affording  them selves  the  priviledged  freedom  of  playing  JUDGE  JURY  and  EXECUTIONER 'S 

the  question  is  are  they   Playing  russian  rhoulette 
without  realizing  ,  their  first  obligation  is  to  get  their  own  selves  (IN  CHECK)  

I  thought  90  percent  of  them  needed  to  check  into  some  anger  and  speech  management  personally  for  their  own  benefit  and  higher  good  .

Its  frightening  to  know  Good WILL  toward  ALL   is  NOT  the  intent  of  the  common  people 

How  did  society  fall  so  away  so  fast  from  right  reasoning  ? 

scary  !  to  think  what  wll  it  be  next  the  posse  comitatus  ?

not  much  of  a  act  left  to  repeal  ,  thats  scary  to  think  about 

December 18, 2008, 4:04 pm CST

re: Adam Walsh being brought home

I take exception to the spokeswoman for the Anthony family saying that after so many years Adam Walsh was brought home. Adam Walsh was NOT brought home. The Walsh family's suspicions were finally confirmed about who actually murdered and decapitated their young son. While it does bring closure for the family, it did NOT give them back their beautiful little boy. A totally different scenario from the Elizabeth Smart disappearance.

December 18, 2008, 4:09 pm CST

Adam Walsh Comment

Did anyone find the Adam Walsh comment made at the end of the show totally off the mark and very offensive.  Adam Walsh was abducted and murdered when he was 6 years old.  He is not a missing child that found his way home 27 years later.  The information in the news right now is that the police have announced they closed his case and named his killer.  The idea there is any connection in these two cases is just plain wrong.

December 18, 2008, 4:11 pm CST

??

Quote From: carolrhill

This poor child suffered so badly I can not even imagine nor do I want imagine.

She had a face of an angel as all children do of that age and that is a fact.

I hate to say this but I have Dr. Phil because it is something I have been thinking for a very long time.

I think that this child is the product of her own grandfather and that is why she is not telling who the father is because she can't because of the fear factor.

I think that she was so jealous of this child because of that. I know what it feels like to keep a secret that is so big that it is life changing. Every time I look at that child I see her grandfather in her eyes. It really scares me to think that way but I do and that is a fact.

I was being raped by my brother-law-law for nine (9) years and I never spoke about because he would tell me that if I talked he would kill my family starting with my mother and let me watch so I know what I speaking about.

What ever they do to this mother it is not good enough because she took the life of innocent child and she didn't have the right to do so.

NOW THIS CHILD WILL REST IN PEACE AND BE WITH GOD ON HIS RIGHT SIDE AS WHERE SHE SHOULD BE NOW AND FOREVER!!!

Did you ever stop to consider that Caylee may resemble her grandfather (IF indeed she does) because they are RELATED BY THE SIMPLE FACT THAT HE IS HER GRANDFATHER??

You obviously see evil in others because of your own issues with rape. Sorry that happened to you, but not every male relative is the boogyman.

December 18, 2008, 4:12 pm CST

good post

Quote From: haubuhau

The United States is having a pandemic.  A huge epidemic of parents who failed to teach their children to respect themselves.  They failed to teach them to respect others.  They failed to teach them responsibility.  They fail to let them experience the consequences of the decisions they make so they will will learn as they grow their decisions can have both positive and negative consequences.  This describes Casey's parents.  As a result, we have an entire generation of young people who are not equipped to be adults.  They flounder as adults and end up costing society and becoming a burden on tax payers.  Casey is to the extreme of this.  I wish there was some way adults could start being held accountable for failing to teach their children these 3 basic things.  Respect for self and others.  Personal responsibility.  Parents just don't get it until their older teenagers are out of control and then go to the experts for help.  "Fix my child!"  Only, there is no fixing.......  So when the adult children get sentenced, the parents need to share the prison sentence.  Maybe then it would wake parents up!  
It  all   has  to  begin  with  education  ,  the  other  side  of  the  problem  is  there  is   ethnic  and  cultural  learned   ways  as  well  ,  this  can  be  hard  to   navigate  due  to  discrimination  problems  and peoples  heritage  getting  offended  !  the  other  thing  explodeing  is  knowledge  is  being  increased  at  a  alrming  rate  of  speed  due  to  technological  advancements  being  made  but  how  is  this  really  shapeing  the  core  values  of  society  ?
lets  face  it 

on  demand  ,and  Now  is  here  !  trouble  is  most  are  very  ill  equiped  to  know  how  to  manage  such  responsability  of  power 

every  body  wants  a  easy  button 
with out  a  control  button  ,
or  a  user  manual  of  instructions

how  dangerous  is  that  ?

we  wont  be  able  to  build  prisons  fast  enough

what  happens  when  there  is  more  prisoners 
than  there  are 

taxpayers  ?  

December 18, 2008, 4:21 pm CST

Caylee/ spokes person Michele Bart

What  in the  world is wrong  with Michel Bart ?  ..  She mentioned on todays show ( 12/18/08  , in  regards to  Caylee   Anthony  ( body found at this  time not identified))     That  "Adam Walsh"   returned after  missing for  26  years?...   Did  she  fall down  and bang  her head ??..    This poor  child  didnt  return.. was  murdered  26  yrs ago..... How sad  to  hear such   a stupid remark.... She   should apoligize to the Walsh family, I'm  hoping that  they  didnt view  the  show....

Barbara/ Queens/ N.Y.

December 18, 2008, 4:26 pm CST

12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Quote From: brothertuck

I have been watching the show, seeing the videos with parents and daughter and listening to woman who has the tv show and the defense attorney.
I look at it from the point of view of a jury, there is no proof.
Every item pointed to by the tv host can be easily explained away.
A lot of circumstancial evidence but no proof.
You need proof.
They aren't sure if the body found is the girl yet, though all points look that it is.
The body was found in an area previously searched and showed up while the mother was in jail.

And contrary to most people's belief, people keep quiet about things for many reasons, not always guilt.
The videos of the parents and the mother talking show nothing unless you are looking to put something in to it. They are trying to prove the connections so are finding things that may or may not be there.

Watching this, and watching tv detective shows, I see so many places where an assumption of guilt is primary not the innocent until proved guilty. And questionable tactics being uses.  It is ok if it's with a criminal?

Maybe I think like a defense attorney, because I see so many loop holes in this case.
If the mother is guilty I hope they find the proof, but I also hope that if it is someone else they find the proof of that. If the mother has a mental concern then deal with that, don't crucify her if you don't understand how she can act that way.

You couldn't punch that many loop holes in this case, There is so much on this mother that even if you could punch a hole in one there would be hundred more things to take its place that points to this mother as the killer.

First there is no babysitter Casey could not take the police to a location that was lived in by anyone let alone zanny the make believe baby sitter. Casey had no phone number for said babysitter no one Casey knows ever meet this babysitter for that fact not even the grandparents. The Job she was going to for 2 1/2 year and the reason to drop a  child off at a babysitter was a lie too.

Caseys car smelled of death and a hair was found in the trunk with a death band around it, the hair had to belong to a family member of Casey or Casey herself and we can see they are all alive and there is only one missing from this family Caylee.  Chloroform was found in the  trunk of Casey car too, and it so happens  that Casey was looking up how to make chloroform on her PC.

Casey never reported her child missing the grandparent did and in the phone call to police she tells them that her daughters car smells like it had a dead body in it.

The child was missing for more then a month and in that month Casey was partying her butt off and pictures that will be shown to the jury will show not a mother who was worried about her kidnapped daughter put a free childless woman.

There is not one thing that Casey told the police about this so called baby-stter that checks out, no one lived in the apt that Casey claimed was the apt the she has been dropping her child off for 2 1/2 years at to go to her so called job that is not real either. Casey was the last to been seen with this child and with edvidence in her car and on her pc and statments to police and video of her talking to her parents in jail will seal the deal . I hope they seek the death sentence and Casey is put to sleep strapped down just like she did to her daughter.

December 18, 2008, 4:35 pm CST

Quote From: gdntsweetheart

What  in the  world is wrong  with Michel Bart ?  ..  She mentioned on todays show ( 12/18/08  , in  regards to  Caylee   Anthony  ( body found at this  time not identified))     That  "Adam Walsh"   returned after  missing for  26  years?...   Did  she  fall down  and bang  her head ??..    This poor  child  didnt  return.. was  murdered  26  yrs ago..... How sad  to  hear such   a stupid remark.... She   should apoligize to the Walsh family, I'm  hoping that  they  didnt view  the  show....

Barbara/ Queens/ N.Y.

I caught that too and figured she was off her meds or couldn't read. Supposedly the man that murdered Adam Walsh confessed to it on his death bed. It was in the news today.

December 18, 2008, 4:45 pm CST

Quote From: pambam47

I was wondering or has anyone else wondered this... if I were the grandparent and I hadnt seen my granddaughter in over a month... wouldnt I be asking questions or call the police?  Seems like they might be covering for their daughter also... just a thought. 

The grandparents are asking for a new interview with police as long as they are not prosecuted for any false staments made in the past.

500 hours of Caylee sighting sit on the desk at the police station and no one from the defence or the grandparents have ever pick them up, If my child was missing I would have picked them up and gone through every sighting I could not leave one stone unturned .

Grandparents just say that the child is alive but give nothing to help in the search like what does this so called babysitter looks like for they could be looked for too.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | Next | Last