Message Boards

Topic : 12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:57:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since her disappearance in July 2008, Caylee Anthony's image has been splashed across magazine covers and TV screens in an effort to find the missing 3-year-old. America has been riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of this case, including reports of suspicious behavior of the child’s mother, Casey. Despite her continued claims of innocence, Casey was charged with Caylee’s murder. Now, the latest developments in this case may finally solve the mystery, as the skeletal remains of a small child were found within a mile of the child’s grandparent’s house, where she oftentimes resided with her mother. While a positive identification has yet to be made, investigators searched the home of Caylee’s grandparents, and according to police, recovered additional evidence that may lead to a resolution. Dr. Phil and his panel of experts probe into a case that has captivated millions. Talk about the show here.

Update: Authorities reported that the remains found near the Anthony property have been identified as Caylee Anthony. Her mother, Casey Anthony, faces charges, including first-degree murder, in the disappearance of her daughter. If convicted, Casey could be sentenced to life in prison.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 18, 2008, 9:25 pm CST

MY TAKE AS TO WHY CASEY "HURT" CAYLEE-ALLEGEDLY

You have a pregnant 19 year old girl who doesn't want the baby and wants to give it up for adoption.  The grandparents say no way.  So here is this teenager who wants nothing more than to party and do as she pleases but is now saddled with a child she never wanted to begin with.   Now, not only is her freedom curtailed but is constantly reminded that she just can't take off whenever she wants with her friends because she has a child to care for by the grandmother.

Now Caylee is 2 1/2 years old and cute as a button and the love of her grandparents.   Like any grandparent the Anthony's dote on Caylee and in their world everything is okey dokey.  Their daughter however is of a different viewpoint.  Caylee has become the fly in the clamdip of her life and she is tired of playing mommy and wants to free herself, in her mind, of the little "snot" she considers her daughter to be.

I think the straw that broke Casey's back was when she wanted to go with her friends to Puerto Rico and she couldn't because mummy and daddy said no and was once again reminded by Cindy Anthony that Casey had a child to think about and that it was Casey's duty, responsibility and obligation to put Caylee first.  It was shortly after that Casey took Caylee while Casey went to visit friends.  The public knows how it starts 31 days later.

Casey Anthony is not entirely to be blamed for the events that followed.  Cindy and George Anthony started the tragedy that is now Caylee Marie Anthony.  The Anthony's shouldn't have forced Casey to keep Caylee.  If they wanted their granddaughter that bad THEY should have legally adopted Caylee.  But as the saying goes, "should, coulda, wouda."

If the remains are that of Caylee, the manner of death still has to be determined.  Once that is done the trial can go forward.  Believe me I WIll be watching the trial on TRU TV.  Interested in how the Defense will present their case.  Just hope forensics did their job beyond reproach.

That is my take on the whys. 

December 19, 2008, 8:13 am CST

the Caylee anthony case

is having things on tv in a talk show inviornment tainting the jury pool.  I understand that the news coverage has gone on about it, but in the talk show invornment it seems to go a little more indepth about it. how will any suspects involved get a fair trial? I do belive that as adults it is our dutie to stand up of the children expecially in this case, or any other case that deals with children.

December 19, 2008, 9:55 am CST

i feel so bad for caylee

YOU KNOW THERE ARE SO MANY UNCERTINIES IN THIS CASE THAT IT MAKES IT REALY BAD FOR ANY ONE TO UNDERSTAND WHAT IS REALLY GOING ON.I'VE READ ON THE INTERNET WHERE SOME PEOPLE BELIEVE THAT CINDY IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE DISAPEARANCE OF CAYLEE.I'M NOT PUTTING BLAME ON ANYONE UNTILE THERE IS EVIDENCE TO PROVE IT.BUT I FEEL REALY BAD FOR THAT LITTLE GIRL.I HAVE A 2 YEAR OLD AND I COULDN'T AMAGINE DOING ANYTHING HURTFUL TO HER OR ANYONE ELSE FOR THAT MATTER.I DO HOPE THAT THEY FIND THE TRUTH FOR THAT SWEET BABY SO SHE CAN BE PUT TO REST OR FOUND.SOON THERE WILL BE TRUTH IN ALL OF THIS .BUT I HOPE WHO EVER IS RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT HAPPENED TO THIS LITTLE GIRL.I HOPE THEY BURN IN HAIL.

December 19, 2008, 11:34 am CST

Deepest sympathies to the Anthony's

With the advent of todays press conference I extend you my most heartfelt sympathy on the loss of your grandchild.  I can't begin to understand your grief and I will never judge the means you used to cope with these tragedies.  Don't give up on Casey because God does amazing things, she is your daughter and you have every right and obligation to help her through this.  I wish you comfort and healing and may God bless others through you.  A Friend.

December 19, 2008, 11:53 am CST

Body Language Expert

I just have to comment that I thought the body language expert was highly inappropriately in her own body language -- smiling and almost gleeful to be "catching" Casey in her lies. OK, OK, interesting and worthwhile for us to study and learn about this, but is it right for the expert to be practically giddy in pointing out this behavior? A little decorum, please! We're talking about a young mother whose child is probably dead, and likely by her own hand.

December 19, 2008, 12:17 pm CST

12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Quote From: azitrick

is having things on tv in a talk show inviornment tainting the jury pool.  I understand that the news coverage has gone on about it, but in the talk show invornment it seems to go a little more indepth about it. how will any suspects involved get a fair trial? I do belive that as adults it is our dutie to stand up of the children expecially in this case, or any other case that deals with children.

I think they filed for a change of venue some time back and I'm not sure how that works but it can't negate this case against her...she will be tried and convicted of this there is no doubt.  The thing to do now is to put the death penalty back on the table, as should be done with the advent of the duct tape on the head (premeditation, high and aggravated nature), in the hopes that she confesses to avoid death and puts this to rest for the family members who loved Calley Marie enough not to kill her.  I can't imagine the devastation this family is going through and there but for the grace of God go we all.  I look for Casey to pull some stunt soon to get more focus on herself though. 

December 19, 2008, 1:16 pm CST

DNA Confirmed

I just saw that the DNA has been identified as Caylee.  May she now rest in peace.

I have never been able to understand how anyone could kill a child or how a parent could kill their own child and just dispose of them in the way they do.   These children are innocent and precious - what has this world become?

God Bless Caylee. 

December 19, 2008, 1:28 pm CST

And Now...

Quote From: loveanime

You have a pregnant 19 year old girl who doesn't want the baby and wants to give it up for adoption.  The grandparents say no way.  So here is this teenager who wants nothing more than to party and do as she pleases but is now saddled with a child she never wanted to begin with.   Now, not only is her freedom curtailed but is constantly reminded that she just can't take off whenever she wants with her friends because she has a child to care for by the grandmother.

Now Caylee is 2 1/2 years old and cute as a button and the love of her grandparents.   Like any grandparent the Anthony's dote on Caylee and in their world everything is okey dokey.  Their daughter however is of a different viewpoint.  Caylee has become the fly in the clamdip of her life and she is tired of playing mommy and wants to free herself, in her mind, of the little "snot" she considers her daughter to be.

I think the straw that broke Casey's back was when she wanted to go with her friends to Puerto Rico and she couldn't because mummy and daddy said no and was once again reminded by Cindy Anthony that Casey had a child to think about and that it was Casey's duty, responsibility and obligation to put Caylee first.  It was shortly after that Casey took Caylee while Casey went to visit friends.  The public knows how it starts 31 days later.

Casey Anthony is not entirely to be blamed for the events that followed.  Cindy and George Anthony started the tragedy that is now Caylee Marie Anthony.  The Anthony's shouldn't have forced Casey to keep Caylee.  If they wanted their granddaughter that bad THEY should have legally adopted Caylee.  But as the saying goes, "should, coulda, wouda."

If the remains are that of Caylee, the manner of death still has to be determined.  Once that is done the trial can go forward.  Believe me I WIll be watching the trial on TRU TV.  Interested in how the Defense will present their case.  Just hope forensics did their job beyond reproach.

That is my take on the whys. 

Your take makes sense but if Casey is guilty she is the only one to blame.  Her parents aren't responsible for how Casey dealt with that innocent little girl.   Ano now...her choice will now curtail her freedom for a very long time. 

December 19, 2008, 1:45 pm CST

Body Language Expert

Quote From: angiegosh

I just have to comment that I thought the body language expert was highly inappropriately in her own body language -- smiling and almost gleeful to be "catching" Casey in her lies. OK, OK, interesting and worthwhile for us to study and learn about this, but is it right for the expert to be practically giddy in pointing out this behavior? A little decorum, please! We're talking about a young mother whose child is probably dead, and likely by her own hand.

I agree with your comments and resented her representation and a couple of inconsistancies also. 

When Casey was commenting on the phone to her parents she was raising her shoulders abit when she was saying she didn't know and that was taken to mean she did know because of that gesture.  How many times would you do that when you were asked something you didn't know?  It happens and doesn't impune any guilt, just a confirmation.  There was also another instant where the same logic was applied so I don't give any credit to this type of expert no matter how much of a proven method this has become - smells like snake oil to me. 

I have tested myself on a couple of these proven means and find no credibility at all - they day a liar will also touch the left side of the nose when thery are lying and have yet to see that as that is an easy one to remember if you want to do your own testing on someone you happen to know is lying.

December 19, 2008, 1:47 pm CST

He testified AGAINST HIS daughter at a

Quote From: mommaburg

"the only honorable one is the father"?  This guy was a cop!  He said in an interview with the police at first that he was very familar with the smell of a decaying body.  Now he goes around saying it was pizza?  Where's the honor in that?  He is just as guilty of covering up as his big mouthed wife.  They all belong in jail!

GRAND JURY INQUEST which led her to be placed in jail.

THAT WAS HONERABLE of him to THINK OF HIS GRANDDAUGHTER above anything else.

xox

S

First | Prev | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last