Message Boards

Topic : 12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:57:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since her disappearance in July 2008, Caylee Anthony's image has been splashed across magazine covers and TV screens in an effort to find the missing 3-year-old. America has been riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of this case, including reports of suspicious behavior of the child’s mother, Casey. Despite her continued claims of innocence, Casey was charged with Caylee’s murder. Now, the latest developments in this case may finally solve the mystery, as the skeletal remains of a small child were found within a mile of the child’s grandparent’s house, where she oftentimes resided with her mother. While a positive identification has yet to be made, investigators searched the home of Caylee’s grandparents, and according to police, recovered additional evidence that may lead to a resolution. Dr. Phil and his panel of experts probe into a case that has captivated millions. Talk about the show here.

Update: Authorities reported that the remains found near the Anthony property have been identified as Caylee Anthony. Her mother, Casey Anthony, faces charges, including first-degree murder, in the disappearance of her daughter. If convicted, Casey could be sentenced to life in prison.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 14, 2008, 11:12 am CST

prayers for Caylee as she is with God

Dear Dr. Phil,  I have  4  beautiful grandchildren and it pain us to hear a another child has been taken through such violence from a parent.  No one seems to answer the question-Why does Casey keep saying she had a sitter when she did not work??????  It is a another lie to cover up if Caylee     is found she will say the sitter  killed her.  She had parents, friends and family to watch Caylee if she went out to party or shop. I think she first had the body buried in the yard ,then  the car trunk , pings and shovel and black bag at the  airport and then finally decided to leave  her near her parents home as she was being seen here and there and she knew she had to dispose of the body as her parents would be looking for their grandchild.  Theresa wess in Canada

December 14, 2008, 11:26 am CST

Caseys baby mamma...

Quote From: profmaryann

Apparently Casey Anthony *was* a pathological liar, yet all her friends claimed she was a "good mom." Grandma can't seem to keep a straight story, either. First, it's the car smells like death, and we haven't seen our granddaughter in a month, and we want to know what happened, then it's all about how "poor Casey" has been through the wringer with the cops.

As far as the searches went, according to one Orlando-area news report, the area in question was underwater the first time volunteer searchers tried that area (volunteers are *not* going to risk gator attacks!), and fenced off when a different team tried a couple of months later. There's nothing to say, as far as I'm aware, that the body could not have been dumped there after an initial search by police. The entire thing *is* curious, to say the least.

FWIW, my suspicion from the get-go was that the child was dead. The only question was, how well did the murderer get rid of the body? Whether Casey herself did it, knows who did, or how the facts shake out all remain to be seen.

She wasn't concerned enough to report her daughter missing from the day she was gone??????? I can't fathom why?  Polygragh,polygraph,polygraph. Ask her if someone else took her little girl and threatened to kill her or someelse if she told.

December 15, 2008, 10:34 am CST

12/18 Caylee Found?

I have been keeping up with this since it has started back in July. I watch nancy Grace every night to see how the case has been going. i knew from the beginning that something bad happened to Caylee and her evil mommy was responsible for what had happened to this baby. Then once the body was found I was sad and mad at the same time. I am thinking Casey has to be one evil heartless person to do this to her own child. when I was her age my daughter was the age Caylee would be if she was still with us. I took my responisbilty to my child seriously and my daughter is alive and well today at the age of 12. I have actually shed tears for little Caylee as this is a heart breaking thing to happen to her. She didn't deserve what happened to her. I hope Casey pays dearly for what she has done.

December 15, 2008, 11:05 am CST

12/18 Caylee Found?

I am shocked at some of the responses I have read to this case.  How dare anyone blame the police or any of the investigators who worked day and night to try to save Caylee.  Why didn't Casey tell police where Caylee was?  Why was she "hinting"?  Why didn't she tell anyone she was even missing?  She didn't want her found.   Casey is a sociopath.  She did not care about Caylee or her memory.  She knew where Caylee was the entire time.  I believe her parents did as well.  Who knows what kind of hell Caylee had already lived through in Casey's care.  Don't for one second forget who the victim, and only victim, the case involves - baby Caylee.   

December 15, 2008, 1:48 pm CST

12/18 Caylee Found?

Quote From: profmaryann

Apparently Casey Anthony *was* a pathological liar, yet all her friends claimed she was a "good mom." Grandma can't seem to keep a straight story, either. First, it's the car smells like death, and we haven't seen our granddaughter in a month, and we want to know what happened, then it's all about how "poor Casey" has been through the wringer with the cops.

As far as the searches went, according to one Orlando-area news report, the area in question was underwater the first time volunteer searchers tried that area (volunteers are *not* going to risk gator attacks!), and fenced off when a different team tried a couple of months later. There's nothing to say, as far as I'm aware, that the body could not have been dumped there after an initial search by police. The entire thing *is* curious, to say the least.

FWIW, my suspicion from the get-go was that the child was dead. The only question was, how well did the murderer get rid of the body? Whether Casey herself did it, knows who did, or how the facts shake out all remain to be seen.

It seems awfully strange that Caylee's own grandmother would wait a month to report her missing, even telling the police that Casey's car "smelled like death," yet insist that her daughter was "innocent." Makes me wonder, about the whole family.

December 15, 2008, 1:54 pm CST

12/18 Caylee Found?

Quote From: lperry01

I am shocked at some of the responses I have read to this case.  How dare anyone blame the police or any of the investigators who worked day and night to try to save Caylee.  Why didn't Casey tell police where Caylee was?  Why was she "hinting"?  Why didn't she tell anyone she was even missing?  She didn't want her found.   Casey is a sociopath.  She did not care about Caylee or her memory.  She knew where Caylee was the entire time.  I believe her parents did as well.  Who knows what kind of hell Caylee had already lived through in Casey's care.  Don't for one second forget who the victim, and only victim, the case involves - baby Caylee.   
It was Casey's mother who reported Caylee missing. But, why wait a whole month? Then, after not only telling police that Caylee was missing, but that Casey's car "smelled like death," would she, and her husband, keep insisting that their daughter was "innocent?" What's wrong with this picture?

December 16, 2008, 12:16 am CST

12/18 Caylee Found?

Quote From: carolrhill

This poor child suffered so badly I can not even imagine nor do I want imagine.

She had a face of an angel as all children do of that age and that is a fact.

I hate to say this but I have Dr. Phil because it is something I have been thinking for a very long time.

I think that this child is the product of her own grandfather and that is why she is not telling who the father is because she can't because of the fear factor.

I think that she was so jealous of this child because of that. I know what it feels like to keep a secret that is so big that it is life changing. Every time I look at that child I see her grandfather in her eyes. It really scares me to think that way but I do and that is a fact.

I was being raped by my brother-law-law for nine (9) years and I never spoke about because he would tell me that if I talked he would kill my family starting with my mother and let me watch so I know what I speaking about.

What ever they do to this mother it is not good enough because she took the life of innocent child and she didn't have the right to do so.

NOW THIS CHILD WILL REST IN PEACE AND BE WITH GOD ON HIS RIGHT SIDE AS WHERE SHE SHOULD BE NOW AND FOREVER!!!

I have a little boy and if anything ever had happen I would not have waited to report him missing. So I believe that the mother is responsible for her disapercence and death.  Does anyone remember Jamie Bugals  the three year old boy that was killed in 1995 by two ten year old boys? They  took him froma shopping center and took him for a two and a half maile walk. During this time they stoped and beat himput pant in his eyes cut off his fingures and tyed him to  the tracks for a train to un him over so the will neave been dound out. the corner would not let the mother see her baby  because of the fact that he was so badly off. anyways thereis a  lady that wants to give them all new lifes such as new idenifcations so no one will know that that is them. I say no let them rot in jail.  a friend of mine sent it to me There is a sheet that is going arround to try to stop their release I signed they are hoping that they can get 700 people or more to sign it.   

December 16, 2008, 7:32 am CST

Poor Lil Child..

When I saw the video of Casey's Mom visiting her in Jail the Dad just stood on side while his wife did the asking questions & Vague answers,the Father was a Cop & didn't see what many of us did,come on,I know being a Parent we often don't think our kids could do certain things but Hello a Cop & Casey say's she can't tell her mom anything else & Hello being a daughter of a Police Officer I'm sure she knows of what Not to do/say,I don't get the feeling that the Mother is in on it,mabey alittle Blind,and how dose the Mom know what Death smells like,I just have a feeling Casey Isn't the only one in on this & too thought the other day who is the father & why I didn't hear about him,but I have only seen what little bits where on my local news,but I thought it sounded fishy from early on. I think Casey should Not get the Death Penalty,I think Life W/O possibility of parole so she can live the rest of her life thinking about what she did..And I think with a DNA sample they could figure out if the Dad was the father of that child & see if that would be a possible motive,it makes Me So Mad when parents decide to kill there children,if U don't want them go & put them up for adoption!!!!

December 16, 2008, 9:05 am CST

12/18 Caylee Found?

I have a problem with the hole family, the child lived in the grandparent home and yet for the hole 2 1/2 year this child went to this make believe baby sitter they never met or had the baby sitters phone number in case of emergencys????

The grand parents have been spewing Casey lies telling anyone that will listen the Baby sitter did it and Caylee is alive, yet they never picked up 500 hours of Caylee sighting sitting on a desk at the police station, If my child was missing I would not be able to sleep until all stones where turned over no matter how small. The Grandparents are not in denial they are in defence mode for their daughter and killer of their grandchild, they keep telling the world that the babysitter has her yet they don't release any info or picture of said babysitter, for the public and start to look for them too. They have not released one thing for the public or the police to look for when it comes to this so called baby sitter, and now their daughter has a Dream team defence for her???????

December 17, 2008, 2:48 am CST

I have been following this story from the get go.

I have been watching NANCY GRACE nightly from the beginning. 

THANK GOD for her.  I LOVE HER SO MUCH AND I AM A HUGE FAN OF HER SHOW!~

That beautiful LAWYER would not let up. 

Nightly she would share with the world the daily results of this AMERICAN TRAGEDY.

I have zero empathy/and or tolerance for this diabolical liar CASEY ANTHONY. 

Her self centered "'partying lifestyle" is all that she cared about. 

Her parents also enabled her! 

What grandparents in there right minds,  a former homicide detective (THE FATHER) and a nurse (THE MOTHER) wouldn't know there daughter DIDN'T work at UNIVERSAL STUDIOS for the PAST SEVERAL YEARS?

What GRANDPARENTS in all these years at some point IF THERE DAUGHTER WAS LIVING UNDER THERE ROOF  wouldn't REQUEST TO MEET  ""ZANY THE NANNY or at LEAST WANT TO SPEAK ON THE TELEPHONE WITH HER?"

WHAT PARENTS of CASEY ANTHONY KNEW and ADMITTED to POLICE OFFICERS there DAUGHTER STOLE CAYLEE's PIGGY BANK MONEY  PER THE Grandfather's admission on Interrogation tape and allowed such behavior to continue?

Why would these parents be in a collective conscience with there daughter who has lied every step to the police dept,  stole money from them,  from her one and only girlfriend, had terrible google searches "HOW TO BREAK A Child's neck...cloarform....and missing children's websites?

Why would Casey's mother TAMPER with evidence from the get go  from the car  WASH CASEY'S PANTS  recall her first 911 call " IT SMELLS LIKE A DEAD BODY IS IN THERE" 

GIVE POLICE THE WRONG HAIR BRUSH  when they requested a hair sample of the baby's brush?  and When she hired her 1st Attorney with HER HUSBAND TOTALLY DISCOUNT WHAT HE SAID WHEN THEY WENT OUT ON A MEDIA CIRCUS

TRYING TO CONVINCE AMERICA "OH  THEY WERE WRONG WITH THERE DATES.....AND IT WASN'T A DEAD BODY SMELL IT WAS A OLD PIZZA OF 2 weeks and THATS RIGHT SIGHTINGS ARE COMING IN FROM FLA<  CALIFORNIA AND ALL OVER AND THEY ACTUALLY HAVE NOTARIZED STATEMENTS.....

WELL THERE 1st ATTORNEY FIRED THE ANTHONY FAMILY FOLKS........

THE ANTHONY FAMILY THAN WENT ON LARRY KING AND AT THE END OF HIS SHOW
CINDY ANTHONY GAVE A SNIDE REMARK  and made a squished up face 

ABOUT NANCY GRACE AND BOUNTY HUNTER LEONARD PADILLA WHO PREDICTED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS CASE! 

THE VERY NEXT MORNING  the skull of the baby who has yet to be identified was found less than 1/4 a mile from the Anthony's house.

When Casey Anthony heard this in JAIL she needed to be sedated.  Not because she was overwhelmed with grief world......OH NO  Because this woman HAS BEEN CAUGHT.  She made remarks a few months back  how can I even get arrested they haven't even found her clothes!

AFTER ALL OF THIS THE Sheriff's dept went into THE ANTHONY"S HOUSE with a search warrant for the 3rd time. 

They have a NEW LAWYER!  THE ANTHONY'S ARE NOW LOOKING FOR FULL IMMUNITY!  THEY ALSO ARE NOW PROMISING NOT TO MAKE CONFLICTING REPORTS...ABOUT SITINGS VS ZANY VS NANNY

NOT THE FATHER  BUT I FEEL CINDY ANTHONY NEEDS TO BE CHARGED WITH OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE>

I ALSO THINK HER BROTHER HAS DONE SOME DIRTY DEEDS TOO>

THE ONLY HONORABLE ONE IS THE FATHER.

HE TESTIFIED AGAINST THE DAUGHTER AT THE GRAND JURY>

I HOPE IN MY HEART THE FLA PROSECUTORS DO NOT DO THIS DEAL AND CHARGES CINDY ANTHONY!

WITH THE EVIDENCE I ALSO HOPE CASEY ANTHONY GETS THE DEATH PENALTY!~
SHE IS NOT INSANE OR HAS MENTAL DEFECT

SHE WAS A SELFISH SELF CENTERED LYING 20 something who cared about having sex,  drinking and bisexual dancing than taking care of her special sweet baby girl.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last