Message Boards

Topic : 12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:57:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since her disappearance in July 2008, Caylee Anthony's image has been splashed across magazine covers and TV screens in an effort to find the missing 3-year-old. America has been riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of this case, including reports of suspicious behavior of the child’s mother, Casey. Despite her continued claims of innocence, Casey was charged with Caylee’s murder. Now, the latest developments in this case may finally solve the mystery, as the skeletal remains of a small child were found within a mile of the child’s grandparent’s house, where she oftentimes resided with her mother. While a positive identification has yet to be made, investigators searched the home of Caylee’s grandparents, and according to police, recovered additional evidence that may lead to a resolution. Dr. Phil and his panel of experts probe into a case that has captivated millions. Talk about the show here.

Update: Authorities reported that the remains found near the Anthony property have been identified as Caylee Anthony. Her mother, Casey Anthony, faces charges, including first-degree murder, in the disappearance of her daughter. If convicted, Casey could be sentenced to life in prison.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 18, 2008, 8:07 am CST

Well Said

Quote From: deja126

I can't believe what happened to this precious little girl because of her grandparents. I know what your're thinking, the grandparents didn't kill her. No they didn't but what they did was to make an immature selfcentred 20 yr old keep a baby she clearly didn't want. She had a friend who was willing to take the baby when it was born but Casey's parents said NO.

Those people lived with Casey everyday and they had never met the nanny, Zanny and they didn't seem too worried about their daughter lying on a daily bacis and stealing from them as long as they could have access to Cayle. I think their selfeshness to be grandparents when they clearly knew Casey was not fit to be a mother played a part in the death of Cayle.

I had inlaws just like them. I was 16 and pregnant. My dad wanted me to give the baby up but  my boyfriend's parents wanted to be grandparents so badly that the mother of my boyfriend talked me into marrying him and keeping the baby. I did that but the marriage fell apart after 5 years.

I kept my beautiful daughter and raised her with the help of my inlaws and my dad. They helped me with alot of things. I was only 17 when I had her but I believe I was much more mature than Casey is. My dughter is now 39 and has 3 beatiful children of her own.

Her parents fed into her lies and they had to know she was a party girl. Why didn't they just adopt Cayle from the start instead of playing footsies with their daughter. I think Casey should be locked up in prison for life, she knew what she did was wrong because she did nothing to help find her and  her entire story was a joke from the start. Plus we've all seen the pictures of her doing what she wanted to do and that was to be free of her "Little Snot Head" that's what she called her. What a lovely term. The trial should be quite a show with Biaz her lawyer, trying to explain away all of Casey's lies and saying Zanny the nanny must have killed Cayle after she kidnapped her. What a bunch of BS.

God Bless you Cayle,you're an angel with him forever now. You are safe from harm.

I agree... why didn't these grandparents take the child?

The mother has shown no remorse, has done absolutely nothing to help with the investigation - and to the contrary - has sent detectives off on wild goose chases with all her lies and stories.

What on earth is wrong with the grandparents here?.... how could they possibly stand behind their daughter when it is so blatantly and painfully obvious that their daughter has killed (or has been involved in the killing/disappearance) of  their  loved grand daugher?

It is just a matter of time before Casey is going to be found guilty... and hopefully that day comes sooner, rather than later.  It is time she got what is coming to her -- a perfect argument for capital punishment.

December 18, 2008, 8:21 am CST

Put the blame where it belongs!!!

Quote From: viandepp

It seems that, for the marjority of people who want to make a statement here or elsewhere that you all have judged this whole family and I wish to state that is very unfair and has become too emotional for most  everyone in this world that knows about this case.

This has gotten so out of hand with the sensationalism presented by the media and the unrelenting nature of Nancy Grace's tv program that I have been following from the beginning and I say the same today as I just said .

NO WAY is there going to be a unpredudiced jury due to all the angles that have been invented as to who what and where.  It appears that the whole crime has been acted out as though it is TRUTH.  I wish there was more to the saying "innocent until proven guilty" - they seem to be just words as you all have judged the whole family and the one that is in jail, of which I might add, she is not in jail for killing or murder.  I am on the side of fairness.  All that have impuned bad motiives have perhaps ruined a whole family and that is sickening to me.  You may as well have shot them all by now.

Nancy Grace berated and beat down a mother in my home town on the air so badly who's child was missing that made this mother so much more distressed than ever that she took her own life !!  All because she was judged in the public media and put to the lowest level of existence - broadcast to millions.  What I shame, I say, when no guilt was ever established.

I believe there are only two that know what has gone on and that is God and the person who may have killed this little child.  There is nothing to date (12-16) to verify the identity of what was found near the home of the Anthony's.  I hope that if there is guilt it is proven and put on the right individual or individules. 
People who commit crimes lie to cover their butts. Most aren't smart enough to think up an alibi that prevents them from being found out. That woman you referred to would have killed herself no matter who demanded answers to questions she didn't have good excuses for. It just happened to be Nancy Grace asking the questions. That's what Nancy Grace does! It's her job!!! No one forced that woman to be on Nancy's show making a lying fool out of herself!!! I have no sympathy for people like this. My only advice is: if you plan on committing a crime, you better be a darn good actor/actress and have a fool proof alibi ready. Then, think twice about putting YOURSELF out in front of the public expecting them to believe your lame excuses.

December 18, 2008, 8:33 am CST

The Father?

I was watching the show today and i was wondering where the childs father is? I didn't hear any mention of him.

December 18, 2008, 9:17 am CST

12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

The incessant endless speculation is annoying and damaging. Guilty or innocent it just muddies the waters. It looks bad for the mother right now, but I cannot make a determination until the fact are in.

December 18, 2008, 10:53 am CST

A made for tv movie

Everyone has past judgement on Casey Anthony and she will never get a fair trial. There is alot more that is not being told. There is reports that the father and or brother sexually molested casey anthony and that is why casey said no one will ever find out who the father is. The whole family is hiding something and I do not beleive Casey had anything to do with the murder, but someone in that family did.Also this could be a child  black market where they sold the baby for money to get out of debt. who knows. all that anyone can do is speculate that Casey did it, We are supposed to be innocent until prove guilty and not guilty because we speculate or image that she is and twist the facts to to prove our theory.

December 18, 2008, 10:57 am CST

TOO MANY BAD SITUATIONS

I, FOR ONE, WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE THAN HAPPY TO HAVE RAISED THAT LITTLE GIRL. THERE ARE SO MANY PEOPLE OUT THERE WHO WANT KIDS AND CAN'T HAVE THEM. WHY DO THESE PEOPLE TORTURE AND KILL THEIR CHILDREN WHEN THEY DON'T HAVE TO? I JUST DON'T GET IT!!!

December 18, 2008, 12:23 pm CST

Quote From: efffy_

The incessant endless speculation is annoying and damaging. Guilty or innocent it just muddies the waters. It looks bad for the mother right now, but I cannot make a determination until the fact are in.

If someone goes on national television, they have to expect "incessant, endless speculation."  Most of us are not going to be called on the jury--especially if we don't live in Florida. 

I believe the family went public believing that the media were their own public relations firm.  They seemed surprised that the original story was questioned.  By the police, and the public at large.  We are entitled to this.  Our opinions are our own opinions. 

When the facts do come in,  do you really expect that family to acknowledge them?       

December 18, 2008, 1:00 pm CST

i would like to know

I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW IF THEY ARE SURE THESE BONES ARE THIS LITTLE GIRL.WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG JUST TO SAY YES IT IS THIS CHILD.I HAVE BEEN FOLLOWING THIS STORY TOO.AND YES WITH NANCY GRACE.IT DOES'NT MATTER WHERE YOU ARE FOLLOWING IT.BUT WHY IS IT TAKING SO LONG TO FIGURE OUT WHATS WHAT,AND WHAT WAS DONE TO THIS POOR LITTLE GIRL.MY GOD YOU WOULD HAVE TO BE SICK TO DO WHAT WAS DONE TO THIS LITTLE GIRLCASEY HAS LIED ALL THE WAY THROUGH THIS.SO MY QUESTION IS IF CASEY WAS SOOOOOOOO CONCERNED ABOUT HER DAUGHTER WHY IN HELL WAS SHE OUT PARTYING,AND WHY LIE ABOUT WHAT WENT DOWN,

December 18, 2008, 1:42 pm CST

Quote From: labelfree

I have been watching NANCY GRACE nightly from the beginning. 

THANK GOD for her.  I LOVE HER SO MUCH AND I AM A HUGE FAN OF HER SHOW!

That beautiful LAWYER would not let up. 

Nightly she would share with the world the daily results of this AMERICAN TRAGEDY.

I have zero empathy/and or tolerance for this diabolical liar CASEY ANTHONY. 

Her self centered "'partying lifestyle" is all that she cared about. 

Her parents also enabled her! 

What grandparents in there right minds,  a former homicide detective (THE FATHER) and a nurse (THE MOTHER) wouldn't know there daughter DIDN'T work at UNIVERSAL STUDIOS for the PAST SEVERAL YEARS?

What GRANDPARENTS in all these years at some point IF THERE DAUGHTER WAS LIVING UNDER THERE ROOF  wouldn't REQUEST TO MEET  ""ZANY THE NANNY or at LEAST WANT TO SPEAK ON THE TELEPHONE WITH HER?"

WHAT PARENTS of CASEY ANTHONY KNEW and ADMITTED to POLICE OFFICERS there DAUGHTER STOLE CAYLEE's PIGGY BANK MONEY  PER THE Grandfather's admission on Interrogation tape and allowed such behavior to continue?

Why would these parents be in a collective conscience with there daughter who has lied every step to the police dept,  stole money from them,  from her one and only girlfriend, had terrible google searches "HOW TO BREAK A Child's neck...cloarform....and missing children's websites?

Why would Casey's mother TAMPER with evidence from the get go  from the car  WASH CASEY'S PANTS  recall her first 911 call " IT SMELLS LIKE A DEAD BODY IS IN THERE" 

GIVE POLICE THE WRONG HAIR BRUSH  when they requested a hair sample of the baby's brush?  and When she hired her 1st Attorney with HER HUSBAND TOTALLY DISCOUNT WHAT HE SAID WHEN THEY WENT OUT ON A MEDIA CIRCUS

TRYING TO CONVINCE AMERICA "OH  THEY WERE WRONG WITH THERE DATES.....AND IT WASN'T A DEAD BODY SMELL IT WAS A OLD PIZZA OF 2 weeks and THATS RIGHT SIGHTINGS ARE COMING IN FROM FLA<  CALIFORNIA AND ALL OVER AND THEY ACTUALLY HAVE NOTARIZED STATEMENTS.....

WELL THERE 1st ATTORNEY FIRED THE ANTHONY FAMILY FOLKS........

THE ANTHONY FAMILY THAN WENT ON LARRY KING AND AT THE END OF HIS SHOW
CINDY ANTHONY GAVE A SNIDE REMARK  and made a squished up face 

ABOUT NANCY GRACE AND BOUNTY HUNTER LEONARD PADILLA WHO PREDICTED EVERYTHING ABOUT THIS CASE! 

THE VERY NEXT MORNING  the skull of the baby who has yet to be identified was found less than 1/4 a mile from the Anthony's house.

When Casey Anthony heard this in JAIL she needed to be sedated.  Not because she was overwhelmed with grief world......OH NO  Because this woman HAS BEEN CAUGHT.  She made remarks a few months back  how can I even get arrested they haven't even found her clothes!

AFTER ALL OF THIS THE Sheriff's dept went into THE ANTHONY"S HOUSE with a search warrant for the 3rd time. 

They have a NEW LAWYER!  THE ANTHONY'S ARE NOW LOOKING FOR FULL IMMUNITY!  THEY ALSO ARE NOW PROMISING NOT TO MAKE CONFLICTING REPORTS...ABOUT SITINGS VS ZANY VS NANNY

NOT THE FATHER  BUT I FEEL CINDY ANTHONY NEEDS TO BE CHARGED WITH OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE>

I ALSO THINK HER BROTHER HAS DONE SOME DIRTY DEEDS TOO>

THE ONLY HONORABLE ONE IS THE FATHER.

HE TESTIFIED AGAINST THE DAUGHTER AT THE GRAND JURY>

I HOPE IN MY HEART THE FLA PROSECUTORS DO NOT DO THIS DEAL AND CHARGES CINDY ANTHONY!

WITH THE EVIDENCE I ALSO HOPE CASEY ANTHONY GETS THE DEATH PENALTY!
SHE IS NOT INSANE OR HAS MENTAL DEFECT

SHE WAS A SELFISH SELF CENTERED LYING 20 something who cared about having sex,  drinking and bisexual dancing than taking care of her special sweet baby girl.

"the only honorable one is the father"?  This guy was a cop!  He said in an interview with the police at first that he was very familar with the smell of a decaying body.  Now he goes around saying it was pizza?  Where's the honor in that?  He is just as guilty of covering up as his big mouthed wife.  They all belong in jail!

December 18, 2008, 1:48 pm CST

Quote From: fireman453

Everyone has past judgement on Casey Anthony and she will never get a fair trial. There is alot more that is not being told. There is reports that the father and or brother sexually molested casey anthony and that is why casey said no one will ever find out who the father is. The whole family is hiding something and I do not beleive Casey had anything to do with the murder, but someone in that family did.Also this could be a child  black market where they sold the baby for money to get out of debt. who knows. all that anyone can do is speculate that Casey did it, We are supposed to be innocent until prove guilty and not guilty because we speculate or image that she is and twist the facts to to prove our theory.

Considering the fact the only way to know when Casey Anthony is lying is if her mouth is moving: the reason no one may ever know who the father of that baby is is because Casey herself probably doesn't know. After all, she told one guy he was the father and that turned out to be a lie.

I haven't heard anywhere that that little child was molested by anyone. And, how could you believe she was anyway? What has been your source for this accusation?  It doesn't look like anything Casey has said is true. People who know her personally have said she's a pathological liar. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last