Message Boards

Topic : 12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:57:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since her disappearance in July 2008, Caylee Anthony's image has been splashed across magazine covers and TV screens in an effort to find the missing 3-year-old. America has been riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of this case, including reports of suspicious behavior of the child’s mother, Casey. Despite her continued claims of innocence, Casey was charged with Caylee’s murder. Now, the latest developments in this case may finally solve the mystery, as the skeletal remains of a small child were found within a mile of the child’s grandparent’s house, where she oftentimes resided with her mother. While a positive identification has yet to be made, investigators searched the home of Caylee’s grandparents, and according to police, recovered additional evidence that may lead to a resolution. Dr. Phil and his panel of experts probe into a case that has captivated millions. Talk about the show here.

Update: Authorities reported that the remains found near the Anthony property have been identified as Caylee Anthony. Her mother, Casey Anthony, faces charges, including first-degree murder, in the disappearance of her daughter. If convicted, Casey could be sentenced to life in prison.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 20, 2008, 4:03 pm CST

12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Quote From: labelfree

I SAID I COULD NOT SIT ON A JURY with GOOD CONSCIENCE and decide IF SOMEONE SHOULD LIVE OR DIE.

THAN I WOULD BE RIDDLED WITH GUILT for the rest of my LIFE that I had murdered someone.  THIS SHOULD BE LEFT up to MY LORD GOD to make those choices.

I sure hope you are NOT in her jury pool.

She has lied about  hhhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmm Lets see

When her child was taken

That she had a nanny

That she worked at UNIVERSAL STUDIOS

Where the last place/time she saw her daughter

Who her daughter was with

The place she dropped her daughter off  (1) At some fathom empty Apt!) (2) A park near water

She didn't allow her "boyfriend"or Her Dad near her-car that had a dead body in it.

The phone calls here and there when she spoke to her daughter(which she couldn't prove cell phone out)

HER MOTHER INTERFERED BY washing clothes evidence from CAR

WHEN THE POLICE ASKED FOR A HAIRBRUSH GRANDMOTHER gave wrong one

GRANDMOTHER went against her ORIGINAL Attorney advice and went on a MEDIA BLITZ trying to back pedal DAY SHE WAS LOST, 

THE SMELL IN THE CAR WAS NOT THAT OF DEATH LIKE SHE ORIGINALLY REPORTED,  But 2 week old pizza,  and tried with HER LIES TO CONVINCE AMERICA OF CAYLEE SIGHTINGS ALL OVER THE COUNTRY!

I have three kids and GOD FORBID IF ANYONE were deflects LIKE CASEY ANTHONY YOU BEST WELL BELIEVE I WOULDN'T BE PROTECTING THEM IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM.  IF THEY or one of them KILLED MY GRANDCHILD anyone of them could ROT FOREVER IN JAIL NO MATTER HOW MUCH I AM IN LOVE with my children!

I know what you wrote, I was extrapolating and expanding on a theme that you presented. How do you know all these things are fact? You saw it on T.V.? That is not a standard of proof it is hearsay, gossip and speculation. You have stated that you are not very smart or educated so how can you pass sentence before a trial? If you were educated, you would understand the way the law works, and how its checks and balances are made to protect you. People like you make getting convictions much harder because you have decided based on nothing but your feelings and ignorant assumptions. If you ever get in trouble you should be so lucky to have me on your jury at least I would not condemn you before hearing and weighing the evidence. Innocent until proven guilty is a basic legal precept in most western societies. It has to be applied to everyone or it does not work for anyone. Can you understand that? You claim to believe in god yet I have been unable to distinguish any Christian compassion, forgiveness or mercy in your tirades. I feel sorry for your children if you could allow them to rot in jail. Love is unconditional or it is not love. I do not really believe your statement in any case. It is always easy to speak with bravado when you are not in a situation. Take a deep breath, have a cup of tea, and relax. 

What are fathom empty apt, and deflects?

December 20, 2008, 4:24 pm CST

Quote From: efffy_

First we have to wait for the evidence to be in before making a judgement. It looks bad for her but I am not convinced that she is guilty. I have not followed every tit bit of news about the case because I think speculation just confuses the issues. We always ascribe our own values and emotions to others, and this is neither accurate nor fair. You state if you murdered someone you would be riddled with the knowledge, you failed to attach emotions to that but I assume they would be guilt, remorse, and horror. Generally speaking if you are capable of those emotions you cannot take a life in cold blood. You have assumed the accused feels guilt, regret, and remorse. I think people capable of murder spend a lot of time feeling sorry for themselves, and not even a second on the people they murdered. I realize it gives comfort to believe they are tortured with guilt, but I am afraid it is not reality. The grand parents are doing what you have vilified the mother for not doing. They are protecting their child. If she is found guilty, they will have a life time of pain and regret. Rationalizing the most outrageous facts and behaviours when one cannot face the truth is not unusual for people. Try to remember that we must temper justice with mercy or it is just revenge.

much evidence is in already and casey will no doubt be convicted. i could have still carried reservations in this case IF they had not found duct tape around the skull, which denotes someone trying to silence the child.  i am in total agreement with you on caseys parents, they did the best they could and casey still turned out kinda weird and selfish but she is their child and i can honestly say if i were in their position i would not remove my love or support from my child no matter what they had done, but they must reap the repercussions of what they've done. i think they have handled things the way they thought they should and will no doubt always question their actions everyday and i say to them DON'T DO THAT.  its no ones business how they grieve or live their lives but them.  as much as everyone whats to berate them for still loving casey, it changes nothing, as her parents they will always love her and thats what upsets some people.  people want them to hate her and they don't, so people vilify them as you said.  this also falls under the category of "none of their business".  casey will feel guilt and remorse at some point and only then can she get a good look into herself and change and, as much as people think it wrong, her parents will be there ready to forgive her, and i say good for them, because thats what love is all about. 

December 20, 2008, 4:31 pm CST

Quote From: efffy_

I know what you wrote, I was extrapolating and expanding on a theme that you presented. How do you know all these things are fact? You saw it on T.V.? That is not a standard of proof it is hearsay, gossip and speculation. You have stated that you are not very smart or educated so how can you pass sentence before a trial? If you were educated, you would understand the way the law works, and how its checks and balances are made to protect you. People like you make getting convictions much harder because you have decided based on nothing but your feelings and ignorant assumptions. If you ever get in trouble you should be so lucky to have me on your jury at least I would not condemn you before hearing and weighing the evidence. Innocent until proven guilty is a basic legal precept in most western societies. It has to be applied to everyone or it does not work for anyone. Can you understand that? You claim to believe in god yet I have been unable to distinguish any Christian compassion, forgiveness or mercy in your tirades. I feel sorry for your children if you could allow them to rot in jail. Love is unconditional or it is not love. I do not really believe your statement in any case. It is always easy to speak with bravado when you are not in a situation. Take a deep breath, have a cup of tea, and relax. 

What are fathom empty apt, and deflects?

im also a believer of Jesus Christ and that was well put...im tired of these angry people touting Christianity by trying to burn everyone at the stake...Jesus is all about love and forgiveness...justice belongs to GOD not us.

December 20, 2008, 6:34 pm CST

One child too many!

I am just sickened by all this. This precious child is no longer with us even thought most of us still held on to some kind of hope that she was still alive..

I know you all have an opinion, you have a theory and even a verdict. The loss of this little girl is tragic.

I do believe Casey has atleast something to do with Caylee's death if not the whole thing. The Tv only says what it wants and not always the hard core facts.

I do believe the grandparents could have made more effort. if they were as close to this angel as they say why wait a month to try to see her? why didn't they demand Casey to see her or they would call athorities? They know some of casey's friends, why didn't they knock on some doors? They knew there daughter was a little shaky...Grandparents are more and more getting custody of there grandkids every day why not go further? I just believe the grandparents should have made more effort.

Will we ever know why? We can't change this so can we learn from this? Just maybe grandparents, friends, teachers etc will open there eyes more if there is a troubled person in there lives to go seek help. The loss of this child is more than one too many!  I am a mother of 5 precious children, they are my life, they are the only reason i get up in the morning and I can not imagine my life with out each and every one of them. Children are gods precious gifts, Children are our future with out them we have no future.

I am hoping this Holiday season you all be safe and hold on to the ones you love, as we know it all can be gone in a second.

I am thinking of Litle Caylee and all the little ones who never made it home.

December 20, 2008, 6:48 pm CST

I heard that too!

Quote From: chardu

I think someone needs to take a hard look at the boyfriend.  I am betting they would find matching garbage bags and duct tape at his apartment.

That is what that lady said, infact I hurried and got on the internet and looked it up and all it said was they have finally concluded after 27 years that the Mr. Toole guy did kill Adam Walsh. SO so said. It struck me odd too when she said that so you are not the only one!

With any case like this people will say all sorts of things, twist things and just the un imaginable and it is too sad. A life of a child is now gone and people want to refer to things like this. They are the ones that need to be ashamed.

May you rest in peace caylee.

December 20, 2008, 9:22 pm CST

Quote From: kizzay

much evidence is in already and casey will no doubt be convicted. i could have still carried reservations in this case IF they had not found duct tape around the skull, which denotes someone trying to silence the child.  i am in total agreement with you on caseys parents, they did the best they could and casey still turned out kinda weird and selfish but she is their child and i can honestly say if i were in their position i would not remove my love or support from my child no matter what they had done, but they must reap the repercussions of what they've done. i think they have handled things the way they thought they should and will no doubt always question their actions everyday and i say to them DON'T DO THAT.  its no ones business how they grieve or live their lives but them.  as much as everyone whats to berate them for still loving casey, it changes nothing, as her parents they will always love her and thats what upsets some people.  people want them to hate her and they don't, so people vilify them as you said.  this also falls under the category of "none of their business".  casey will feel guilt and remorse at some point and only then can she get a good look into herself and change and, as much as people think it wrong, her parents will be there ready to forgive her, and i say good for them, because thats what love is all about. 
Evidence is not really evidence until it is accepted by the court. It still has to be proven who put the duct tape around Caylee's head. You used the word 'someone' and that is correct because we do not know for certain. I am uncomfortable making a final decision when I am not in possession of all the facts. I am also the sort of person that reads a document several times before I sign it. It seems a lot of people are unable to control their emotions. They get angry, sad, and their brains cease to function. This is why we have lawyers and judges. They are trained to be detached and just argue the law. Innocent until proven guilty is a worthy mantra.

December 21, 2008, 11:19 am CST

back pedaling

Quote From: ramair

It seems awfully strange that Caylee's own grandmother would wait a month to report her missing, even telling the police that Casey's car "smelled like death," yet insist that her daughter was "innocent." Makes me wonder, about the whole family.

I have to agree!  I can't imagine waiting an hour if my child went missing, much less a month - and how that wasn't aparant to the grandparents is beyond me.  I also can't get that recorded call out of my mind - the grandmother knew something!  Were they that snowed by Casey's lies and manipulation?  They would have been better off just saying "No comment" through the whole ordeal.  There are a lot of questions raised.  May God Bless You Caylee, and hold you in His arms for eternity.

December 21, 2008, 1:56 pm CST

You SHOULD wonder about the whole family

Quote From: ramair

It seems awfully strange that Caylee's own grandmother would wait a month to report her missing, even telling the police that Casey's car "smelled like death," yet insist that her daughter was "innocent." Makes me wonder, about the whole family.

Cindy the grandmother had a fight with Casey before Casey left home. For the next month, she claimed that she was in touch with Casey by phone and text messages. Casey kept giving Cindy excuses (lies) why she couldn't/wouldn't put Caylee on the phone to say "hi" to grandma. Whether Cindy suspected anything at that time is speculative. After Casey admitted to her mother that she didn't know where Caylee was for the last 31 days, Cindy did say to Casey "WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?"

At the time she said "it smells like something dead in the damn car", I don't believe she realized YET how bad things were looking for Casey or that she (Casey) might have harmed her own child. As more and more of the police interrogation tapes were being released for the world to hear, and we all began to realize what a lousy liar Casey was, is when Cindy began back pedaling to try to convince the public of Casey's innocence.

If you followed this story since the beginning and have any common sense, you SHOULD wonder about the whole family.

December 21, 2008, 7:05 pm CST

I am in agreement with carolrhill

Quote From: cndrlla

Did you ever stop to consider that Caylee may resemble her grandfather (IF indeed she does) because they are RELATED BY THE SIMPLE FACT THAT HE IS HER GRANDFATHER??

You obviously see evil in others because of your own issues with rape. Sorry that happened to you, but not every male relative is the boogyman.

I am in agreement with Carol. I have followed this case from the beginng and taped every news media I could to keep up with everything. It was definitely mentioned just one time that Casey was molested by either her father or her brother Lee. thats when Cindy said no one will know who the father is and after that nothing else was said except that Casey did not like her father. If i am lying i am dying. because I was fixed on that statement and never forgot it. This family is so twisted  that I wouldn't doubt it for one minute

ricker1947

December 21, 2008, 7:17 pm CST

about the meter reader

Quote From: bagajill

Some new news and something is fishy. It turns out the meter reader who found Caylee's remains reported it multiple times the other month.

The meter reader first called the sheriff's office on August 11 to report a bag on the side of the road where Caylee's remains were finally "discovered". A deputy responded, but found no bag and the meter reader had left.

The same meter reader called back the next day with the same information. Then on August 13, the meter reader called the sheriff's office a third time about finding a bag in the same area. This time, the meter reader met with police at the spot. Nothing of interest was found and the police cleared the area.

Then last week, the same meter reader calls in again, from the same place, only this time he's holding a bag with the remains.

Something is weird here. This person kept calling about a bag in that location, and then finally, months later, comes up with a bag in that spot with Caylee's remains in it. Did this person have something to do with all of this and just wants to be the hero in the media? The meter reader seemed fixated on there being a bag in that spot that police needed to look at. But each time, police found the reader had nothing of interest...until this last time.   

He was told he could not collect the reward money because he called 911 first and not Crime Line, which is not fair, because if you find a body your first thought is to call 911. and I believe he brought this up because of not being able to collect. thats when he said he did call Crime Line back in August

ricker1947

First | Prev | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last