Message Boards

Topic : 12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Number of Replies: 138
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, December 11, 2008, 02:57:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Since her disappearance in July 2008, Caylee Anthony's image has been splashed across magazine covers and TV screens in an effort to find the missing 3-year-old. America has been riveted by the bizarre twists and turns of this case, including reports of suspicious behavior of the child’s mother, Casey. Despite her continued claims of innocence, Casey was charged with Caylee’s murder. Now, the latest developments in this case may finally solve the mystery, as the skeletal remains of a small child were found within a mile of the child’s grandparent’s house, where she oftentimes resided with her mother. While a positive identification has yet to be made, investigators searched the home of Caylee’s grandparents, and according to police, recovered additional evidence that may lead to a resolution. Dr. Phil and his panel of experts probe into a case that has captivated millions. Talk about the show here.

Update: Authorities reported that the remains found near the Anthony property have been identified as Caylee Anthony. Her mother, Casey Anthony, faces charges, including first-degree murder, in the disappearance of her daughter. If convicted, Casey could be sentenced to life in prison.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 21, 2008, 7:30 pm CST

Carol you are so right

Quote From: carolrhill

This poor child suffered so badly I can not even imagine nor do I want imagine.

She had a face of an angel as all children do of that age and that is a fact.

I hate to say this but I have Dr. Phil because it is something I have been thinking for a very long time.

I think that this child is the product of her own grandfather and that is why she is not telling who the father is because she can't because of the fear factor.

I think that she was so jealous of this child because of that. I know what it feels like to keep a secret that is so big that it is life changing. Every time I look at that child I see her grandfather in her eyes. It really scares me to think that way but I do and that is a fact.

I was being raped by my brother-law-law for nine (9) years and I never spoke about because he would tell me that if I talked he would kill my family starting with my mother and let me watch so I know what I speaking about.

What ever they do to this mother it is not good enough because she took the life of innocent child and she didn't have the right to do so.

NOW THIS CHILD WILL REST IN PEACE AND BE WITH GOD ON HIS RIGHT SIDE AS WHERE SHE SHOULD BE NOW AND FOREVER!!!

I have been following this case from the beginning I have taped every news media to keep up with it. I heard from one of the media's that Casey was molested bdy her father or her brother Lee, they said Casey did not like her father, after that Cindy said no one will know who the father is and after that  not another word was mentioned

ricker1947

December 22, 2008, 7:41 am CST

12/18 Behind the Headlines: Caylee Anthony

Quote From: redfeathers

You do know that the grandparents testified AGAINST Casey in court and also verified to police that the "babysitter" does not exist. The grandmother was one of the first people to call the police even before Casey, and has been actively looking for her since she disappeared.

Don't be too quick to assume that the grandparents are guilty.

That might of been how they felt in the beginning but they changed their tune and have been spouting the babysitter zanny has little Caylee, and just a few days ago they where where saying that if that was Caylee body Zanny the make believe babysitter did it.

Yes the grandmother was the first to call police and tell them Caylee was missing and her daughter won't tell her where the child is and her car smells like a dead body been in it and that changed from dead body to old pizza really quick.

I don't have a problem with the grandparents supporting their daughter at all its their daughter and they love her its alll the lies and miss leading  statements about their granddaughter. Its their ( grandparents) lawyer asking for immunity for past statements made by them for new statements now, so why do they need protection from prosecution if they have been straight up about everything???

December 22, 2008, 7:51 am CST

Quote From: 1000wings

when  I  try  to  get  my  mind  around  this  case  I  get  really  choked  up 
you  have  made  some  valid  points  about  the  mother 
when  I  try  to  imagine  why 
I  get  a  knee  jerk  reaction
I  do  not  want  to  make  speculations
and  I  dont  want  to  wish
or  cause  pain  or  harm  to  anyone !
I  just  wish  some  one  would  say  the  OOH  so  OBVIOUS 
in  time 
I'll  have  patience 
I  believe  u  almost  said  it  in  your  statement  made 

uuuhm  your  Avatar  is  blinking  faster  i  noticed  LOL!
maybe  its  my  vision  going  hypnotic LOL 
help 

why  is  it  blinking  faster 
?

My Avatar freaks alot of people out lol.... some say it looks like the next generation on Mad Mag. some say it looks like Chucky and some say that their kids love  baby Peek-a-Boo  lol....

Time will tell with this case, But the hole thing to me is just ate up!!!

December 22, 2008, 7:55 am CST

Quote From: cndrlla

Did you ever stop to consider that Caylee may resemble her grandfather (IF indeed she does) because they are RELATED BY THE SIMPLE FACT THAT HE IS HER GRANDFATHER??

You obviously see evil in others because of your own issues with rape. Sorry that happened to you, but not every male relative is the boogyman.

I agree with you on this one because for the simple fact that if the grandfather was Caylee father too the DNA would of shown that too.

This case is by far evil enough with out the spin.

J.

December 23, 2008, 5:59 pm CST

incorrect information

the spokesperson, michele, said at the end of the show that adam walsh was found alive recently. this is not true. he was killed as a child. they did recently discover who the murderer was. i'm surprised no one corrected michele, who asked for a moment to say this important news--that adam walsh was found alive-- as a way of giving hope that some abducted children are found alive. adam's death inspired his father to crusade for missing persons. i don't see anyone mentioning this on the boards.

since the show of course we know caylee is also not alive.

very sad.

December 23, 2008, 6:05 pm CST

What a horrible thing to keep such secrets from those that loved that baby.  The family has no date to put on the poor child's headstone because Casey won't at least tell them that much.  She leaves that baby in the trunk of her car for who knows how long, looking for a place to dump her, tries to bury her in the back yard using the neighbors shovel, then put her back in the trunk and dumps her not 2 blocks from where she lived.  Boggles the mind how self-centered and self-serving people work at times.  How could she possibly think she was smart enough to get away with something like murder?  Seems to me if she had planned it at all she may have done a better job in her objective,  so I have to call it an accident for the time being for that reason alone.  Its a real shame the tips from the meter reader went the way they did.  Hard to believe he "sees" a bag but can't take an officer to it?  That was a complete bungle in my eyes.

January 5, 2009, 2:52 am CST

Strange

I find this whole case very strange. Why did it take a month for the grandparents to ask how Caylee was especially when she was the center of their universe and lived with them off and on? The few times I heard Casey talk I felt as a mother with a missing child she seemed somewhat unconcerned as to her whereabouts. How could she have afforded a nanny when she did not even have a place of her own to live in?

If Casey's car was parked in the grandparents garage and really smelled like death, would you not have investigated further on your own especially when you have a granddaughter that has been missing? If anyone has smelled something dead like an animal bloated up on the side of the road the stench is horrible so I can't imagine what a human body would smell like.

The guy that called it in, I read where he had tried to call in before alerting the authorities of his find but they never found anything after checking out the scene. I also thought it was odd that when he called 911 one of the first things he said was this is in the Caylee Anthony area. If this bag was in plain site for him to see why did everyone else miss it?

Poor Caylee she had to suffer so much and this is so sad. No one might ever know the real truth in this case.

January 17, 2009, 8:14 am CST

Water

Quote From: NewCreation

Hi Dr. Phil,

I have been following the Caylee Anthony case via "Nancy Grace", and what angers me about the whole situation is how the police have ceased searching for the little girl. Cayce was giving "hints" all through out her interviews. On a recent interview I viewed, Cayce stated something to the effect that Caylee was "close to home".  Wasn't that a clue for the PD? Why did it take a utility worker to find her, when she was only 1/2 mile from home? Why didn't the PD search at least a 1 mile radius around the house? I also found that the interrogators were being too nice to Cayce, when interviewing her. I think that firmer and tougher tones could have been used in the interrogation process. They should have read her the RIOT ACT!

It's a shame. No child deserves to die like that, no matter who it is! I'm angry at how the police handled the whole situation. I also think that Cayce should not be allowed to have any books, tv, beauty products, etc, while in jail. Its a joke!  She needs to sit in her cell, be alone with her thoughts, with no distractions. Make her think about what happened and about what telling the TRUTH means!! I feel so badly for little Caylee, she was such a cute little kid. It's sad!

If you lived in Central Florida, you would remember that we had a tropical storm which brought a LOT of rain and the area where Caylee was later found was under water for quite some time. That area WAS searched, by Tim Miller's Equusearch team, but they didn't go in very far because of the water. Also, there was tangled underbrush that had to be removed gradually in order to get to the remains. We see this on the news daily here. Let's place the blame where it belongs, not on law enforcement, but squarely on Casey's shoulders!

As far as what she is allowed to have in jail, they can't single one person out and treat them differently than everyone else, it's governed by state statute. Nancy Grace is sensationalizing this in order to get viewers. If the jail personnel treat her badly, that's grounds for an unfair trial and she could win on appeal. Get her tried, fair and square, then she will likely go to prison for the rest of her life. Let's face it, the truth about this will never be told, if it's up to Casey, and she's the only one who really knows what happened to Caylee.

January 20, 2009, 11:35 am CST

I'm confused too...

Quote From: tika2008

I find this whole case very strange. Why did it take a month for the grandparents to ask how Caylee was especially when she was the center of their universe and lived with them off and on? The few times I heard Casey talk I felt as a mother with a missing child she seemed somewhat unconcerned as to her whereabouts. How could she have afforded a nanny when she did not even have a place of her own to live in?

If Casey's car was parked in the grandparents garage and really smelled like death, would you not have investigated further on your own especially when you have a granddaughter that has been missing? If anyone has smelled something dead like an animal bloated up on the side of the road the stench is horrible so I can't imagine what a human body would smell like.

The guy that called it in, I read where he had tried to call in before alerting the authorities of his find but they never found anything after checking out the scene. I also thought it was odd that when he called 911 one of the first things he said was this is in the Caylee Anthony area. If this bag was in plain site for him to see why did everyone else miss it?

Poor Caylee she had to suffer so much and this is so sad. No one might ever know the real truth in this case.

so Casey didn't have a car right? cause she had to borrow the mom's car OBVIOUSLY to MOVE the body - is this odd to anyone else? Why is it everytime some woman with children from a previous marriage gets some new beau she has to get rid of the children? (Susan Smith, Black man took her kids - Darlene Routier (sp), some masked murderer killed her kids but only knicked her neck - wth!? I'm not using these names because they're white either, they are but 2 instances that exist in our court system)

If some man says 'I love you, BUT YOUR KIDS......' - IMMEDIATELY CUT HIM OFF LADIES - WTH!!!!!!!!!! Susan Smith's fiance was the only man with b@lls enough to admit he told her her boys were a handful, and she's such a d@mn coward she doesn't even put the boys in foster care and leave the area, she drives 'em in a damn lake so she can still be in her city livin some HIGH life, give me a d@mn break - sometimes vigilante justice is SOOOOOOO understandable, but I'll just pray for her, that death comes quick - I believe she'll get the death penalty, then again she is a thin, white female in America - she may even get off!!!!!! Arlene Woornos (sp) was unattractive, boy did they fried her quick!!! and I believed her if you can believe that - maybe I'm the one who should wake up huh?????

WAKE UP WOMEN, LOVE YOURSELF AND LOVE AND YOUR CHILDREN!!!!

January 20, 2009, 11:39 am CST

INCORRECT INDEED...

Quote From: sylvia1234

the spokesperson, michele, said at the end of the show that adam walsh was found alive recently. this is not true. he was killed as a child. they did recently discover who the murderer was. i'm surprised no one corrected michele, who asked for a moment to say this important news--that adam walsh was found alive-- as a way of giving hope that some abducted children are found alive. adam's death inspired his father to crusade for missing persons. i don't see anyone mentioning this on the boards.

since the show of course we know caylee is also not alive.

very sad.

I wonder why no one corrected that IMMEDIATELY - we all saw the Walshes and we do grieve with them now as then, as Adam was one of  the first abducted children brought to my generations (X) attention as someone just snatched from a store you know - this is a scary place (the world, not just America) and I find myself becoming an introvert....

First | Prev | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | Next | Last