Message Boards

Topic : 01/06 What's Age Got to Do with It?

Number of Replies: 21
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 05:11:09 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Ladies, if you’re ready to lead a vibrant and authentic life, this show is for you! Dr. Phil’s wife, Robin, author of the new book What’s Age Got to Do with It? says it’s never too late –- or too early --- to take care of yourself. Robin says she’s proud to be 55, and along with her panel of health and beauty experts, she shares secrets for looking and feeling your best. Shelly, 42, and Sheri, 47, wrote to Robin because they say they desperately need skin care and nutrition advice, and they want to transform their wardrobes. Fashion guru Steven “Cojo” Cojocaru shows the women that they don’t have to spend a fortune to look glamorous. Don’t miss Shelly and Sheri’s stunning makeovers! Then, you don’t have to visit a high-priced salon for radiant skin. Robin and renowned esthetician Janet Harris show a mother and daughter how to create a spa facial using inexpensive ingredients from their own kitchen. And, don't miss Robin's appearance as a guest star on a long-running soap opera, and the surprise visit she gets from one of her co-stars. Plus, log onto Dr Phil.com for your chance to win some of the products featured on the show!

What’s Age Got to Do with It?

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 7, 2009, 3:19 am CST

ROBIN'S BOOKS

Dr. Phil said to Robin 'you are a '2 time author'.  Isnt' she a 3 time author, Inside My Heart, From My Heart to Yours, and now What's Age Got to Do with It.

January 7, 2009, 5:20 am CST

Hormone testing

Hi

Can you tell me the name of the clinic that Dr Phil sent the Ladies to for hormone testing.

And what is the name of the test so I can talk to my Dr about getting it done here in Michigan.

Thanks Ann

January 8, 2009, 10:13 am CST

I'm in a major clinical depression..sort of

Dear Robin,

Thoroughly enjoyed the show re: your new book.  Congratulaions!

HOWEVER, I have decided to write my first message to a tv show because I have two issues, not only  with this show, but so many!

1) I am 64 and still alive.

2) I do not have excessive expendable income

3) I live in a smaller city in the Southeast and even if I were in my thong on the beach in CA. ( don't          even try to envision that one!).couldn't afford the skin treatments.

I do plan to read your book, but am exhausted with watching attractive women (UNDER 60) become more attractive as I sink into this severe depression;though it doesn't last but a second since ongoing need of grandchildren and the Humane Society never fail to brighten my spirits.  All of this to say thanks for the encouragement, but some of us really do want to look good on a reasonable budget when we're laid to rest! 

January 10, 2009, 3:49 pm CST

$400.00 dress

I know this is a silly question, but does anyone know the brand of the grey dress that they copied for the makeover? They said it was a $400 dress, but did not say the brand. If anyone knows, I would love to find out. Thanks!

January 12, 2009, 2:56 pm CST

Thank You Robin!

Robin

I just wanted to tell you THANK YOU for your new book.  It's as if you were speaking to me directly.  I'll be 50 later this year and I know that I'm not feeling and being all the best I can be for all the same reasons as many...I don't take care of myself NEARLY as well as I take care of others.  I skipped to Chapter Four first :0) because I'm having issues with my skin right now and so I cheated and read it first.  While it's wonderful to know what has worked for you and some of the great products and services that are part of your daily regimen, I'm just a girl from rural Oklahoma and could never afford those things but what is great is that we CAN all do the best with what we have...I think that is the spirit of your message. 

From the bottom of my heart...thank you!

Pam

January 17, 2009, 3:29 pm CST

Age Is Where your Heart is

Thank you Robin for your book.  Haven't read it yet but plan to.  I am a newly wed at age 62, husband 57.  Grandmother of 9 and mother of 5.   My 18 year old grandson told me most recently, in my mind you will never grow old.  Thanks for inspiring all of us who have turned the years over 55.  I look for many years of being young at heart.

January 20, 2009, 8:58 pm CST

External - Internal

To the Dr Phil team,

I am 50yo male in Australia and I just saw this show.  So many posters have said how much they enjoyed the show and looked forward to reading Robyn's book.  I don't know if the show reflected what was in the book, but my observations of the show have given me thoughts of not tuning in, in future.

What your show is condoning is that for a woman to feel good about herself, to feel loved, sexy and filled with confidence she has to be made up as if she were to be photographed for a magazine (which we all know will be photo-shopped anyway).

When will people start accepting other people for who they are, at this point in time in their lives?  Why do people have to spend money, they don't have, on materialistic products for themselves, which seems too far removed from your other views that inappropriate materialism is bad.

Why are people still in relationships where their spouse does not love & accept them for who they are, without glamor clothing and an overabundance of beauty products, whether they are natural or not? It is not these things that exemplify the beauty of a woman.  Your show sounded like one big plug.

Lastly, the show was supposed to be discussing Robyn's book on how women can feel good about themselves from the inside, yet the show was all about external beauty, make-overs and products, most of which the average housewife, in this difficult economic climate, would be unable to afford.  Then they would end up on the next show about bankruptcy.

Perhaps a show encouraging women to feel good about themselves without a make-over is a good place to start.

My wife and I are about to celebrate our 23rd wedding anniversary and our new year's resolution was to do something for the other partner, rather than what we could do for ourself.

Spend less time in the shops and spend more time on the relationship.  Learn to accept each other for who you are, and not what the marketing machine expects you to be.

January 21, 2009, 12:14 pm CST

Love this

Robin, Thank you for writing this book. I couldn't put it down. I am hopeful that I will start living a happier and healthier life.

January 28, 2009, 8:37 am CST

Full of Questions

Robin,

I am not on any hormones at all and never have been and I am 53 years old. Do you know if someone that has had breast cancer can take this kind of hormone? I had breast cancer when I was 36 in 1991, my grandmother had breast cancer and died and my mom is a breast cancer survivor since 1989.  I also had to have a full hysterectomy in 2002 and thought I was going crazy at that time because they would not give me any hormone replacement because I had had breast cancer. I have been suffering all along but it is getting worse and worse. Now with the economy I have been laid off and that has not helped. I really feel like I am losing my mind and now I am starting to gain the midruff weight and just feel like I am at my witts end. Is there any way you can help me? I admire you so much. You are such a wonderful and beautiful person. I have a wonderful husband and I thank God for him every day but he doesn't know what to do either, he tries though.

Sincerely

January 29, 2009, 3:07 pm CST

Bioidenticals

Hi!

I am so interested in bioidentical hormone replacement therapy but don't know how to find a reputable doctor to go to in my area.  I live in Northern New Jersey and was wondering if there were some way Dr.

Hall might let me know how to find the right person.

Sandi

First | Prev | 2 | Next | Last