Message Boards

Topic : 01/06 What's Age Got to Do with It?

Number of Replies: 21
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 05:11:09 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Ladies, if you’re ready to lead a vibrant and authentic life, this show is for you! Dr. Phil’s wife, Robin, author of the new book What’s Age Got to Do with It? says it’s never too late –- or too early --- to take care of yourself. Robin says she’s proud to be 55, and along with her panel of health and beauty experts, she shares secrets for looking and feeling your best. Shelly, 42, and Sheri, 47, wrote to Robin because they say they desperately need skin care and nutrition advice, and they want to transform their wardrobes. Fashion guru Steven “Cojo” Cojocaru shows the women that they don’t have to spend a fortune to look glamorous. Don’t miss Shelly and Sheri’s stunning makeovers! Then, you don’t have to visit a high-priced salon for radiant skin. Robin and renowned esthetician Janet Harris show a mother and daughter how to create a spa facial using inexpensive ingredients from their own kitchen. And, don't miss Robin's appearance as a guest star on a long-running soap opera, and the surprise visit she gets from one of her co-stars. Plus, log onto Dr Phil.com for your chance to win some of the products featured on the show!

What’s Age Got to Do with It?

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 31, 2008, 11:40 am CST

01/06 What's Age Got to Do with It?

I'm currently reading Robin's new book. And following her skin care advice. If you want facial cleansers, toners, and moisturizers that don't cost a fortune, check out the Lumene line at CVS.

January 2, 2009, 1:07 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Age Doctor Do Got Is It Phil Robin To What. What are you trying to say Doctor Phil/Robin? I like you Doctor-

Phil/Robin alot. Doctor Phil I am fifty year old. See you on Tuesday Janurary 06th, 2009. Sincerley Your.------

Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 6, 2009, 3:17 pm CST

i LOVE ROBiN :)

Robin, you did a great job today one the show.

I couldn't wait for it to come on!

I got your book for Christmas and finished it in the first day!

Im only 14 but you are such an insperation to me.

When i grow up I want to be just like you.

When I get old enough im hopefully going to the the Dr. phil show.

I hope you come to Texas for your book signing because I will be first in line :)

Thanks ♥ Mikaley

January 6, 2009, 4:18 pm CST

loved the show

Robin,

I read your first book and literally couldn't put it down.  Now i'm looking forward to going out and buying your newest book.  I'm new to this site but have been watching the show for many years now.  I think you guys are doing and amazing job and you are such and inspiration.  I loved the show and it was really nice to see that you can look like a star without spending tons of money. 

January 6, 2009, 5:01 pm CST

"Finally"

I love the fact that Robin is making her age known.  That is nothing but power!  Once women embrace where they are and take special care to live their best life society will change for the better.  No longer will PR Firms and corporations use the words youthful or young when describing their products to older women.  But they will start using words like wise, experienced, unwavering, radiant  to name a few.    No longer would women make statements like "Forty is the new Thirty" no Forty is Forty and we should all realize how important God given life is and embrace the moment we're in.  No longer will comedians make "Old Women" jokes for the perception can change from condescending to ascending.  We have the power.   As mature women we have the ability to pass on information to make life better for younger generations of women and stop wasting time living in the past.  We don't honor our aging in America as we should.  But first mature, experience individuals must be grateful for life, grateful for acquired wisdom and grateful for a certain quality of life and become the role models that once were.  Then others will take notice. Respect  will come into play and the world will be a better place.  Robin is aiding that movement become reality and for that I am "Most Grateful."   Just by stating her age and living her life to the very best of her ability. 

January 6, 2009, 5:22 pm CST

what age got to do with it

HI ROBIN I AM 50 YEARS OLD. I WATCHED YOUR SHOW TODAY I SURE WOULD LIKE TO BE ABLE TO LOSE INCHES . BE ABLE TO DO ALL THE THINGS THAT YOU SAID THAT YOU SHOULD DO FOR YOUR SELF. I KNOW I AM OVER WIEGHT BUT I SEEM NOT TO FIND TIME FOR MYSELF I WORK FULL TIME . WHEN I AM HOME THERE IS ALWAYS SOMETHING TO DO FOR THE FAMILY MY GRANDSON LIVES WITH ME AND MY HUSBAND BECAUSE MY DAUGHTER HAS A BRAIN INJURY. ALSO JUST ABOUT A MONTH AGO MY HUSBAND HAD 3 MINI STORKS. SO THERE IS NO MONEY OR TIME RIGHT NOW FOR MY HAIR OR MYSELF THAT IS FOR SURE. I SURE WOULDN'T MIND HAVING YOUR BOOKS MAYBE WHEN I READ YOUR BOOKS I MIGHT SEE MYSELF. I SURE WOULD LIKE TO BE ON YOUR SHOW . JUST TO SEE WHAT IT WOULD BE LIKE TO SEE YOU. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

January 6, 2009, 5:44 pm CST

Liked the show

Robin,     I can't wait to read your book!   I have a question. How can i find a doctor to do the hormone tests you talked about on the show?  I have been doing hormone replacement for years,and can't remember the last time i was tested.    Thank You for any information you can give.      Ruth   

January 6, 2009, 5:52 pm CST

What"s age got to do with it?

Dear Robin,

Congrat's on a job well done.  Thanks you  for putting together this great book. Wishing you many happy

days in the new year.  As always you are my Real Life role model. so, thanks you again for taking such

great care of yourself and creating a path way for myself to follow for the years ahead.

So, PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE ( I am on my kness) pick myself of the giveaway.

I really need it this year. The last one year has been horrible. After, hitting my head in a car accident

it has been nothing short of HELL.  Loss of memory, money problems, losing my job that I had worked my

BUTT off for over 10 years, and the worst thing of all I lost my whole llife in a few seconds.

All MY dream  WE SHATTERED in a few seconds forever.   However, thanks to all those years of working in the hotel my beautiful mind went on auto-pilot.  Since, my health has always been my number one ( rich or poor) I have made progress. So, if you can give me this one chance to lift my spirits and meet everyone

that helped you with this book would mean more to myself than words can say.  This would be a great way to start my 45th birthday in Feb. At least i will be on the road to great health and the rest I leave to the universe. Best wishes.  Hi to Dr. phil (I read his new book during my healing process)

It will be a great tool in my life's journey.  Hope to hear from you soon. Have a great day. Love anita singh

January 6, 2009, 7:17 pm CST

For more information on hormones

If you are looking for more information on hormones go to www.longsrx.com

January 6, 2009, 9:14 pm CST

01/06 What's Age Got to Do with It?

Robin -

I am going to say the very same thing that everyone else has already said and I really hope that you reply on a future show.  All this information is GREAT, but only if there is a network of QUALIFIED doctors that you could recommend to those of us that don't live in California near the Hall Center.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last