Message Boards

Topic : 01/09 Not Easily Broken

Number of Replies: 25
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Tuesday, December 30, 2008, 05:14:59 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
When you tie the knot, you and your spouse proclaim, “For better or for worse,” but how far are you willing to go to save a troubled marriage? Dr. Phil sits down with Bishop T. D. Jakes, renowned pastor and writer/producer of the new film, Not Easily Broken. The movie, based on Bishop Jakes’ titular novel, shows couples how to stay together during tough times. Then, director Bill Duke and cast members Morris Chestnut, Kevin Hart and Jennifer Lewis join the conversation. Find out why one actor says the movie really struck a chord with him. And, Chris and Kristine are a married couple who can relate to the film’s storyline. Chris says he can’t get over the pain of his wife’s second emotional affair, although it happened three years ago. Kristine says she and her husband fight constantly and throw objects at each other, and their angry outbursts affect their 10-year-old daughter. Can this broken marriage be saved? Tell us what you think!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

December 31, 2008, 11:04 am CST

01/09 Not Easily Broken

I've read Bishop Jakes' novel. And, loved it. Even though it was about a Black couple, people of any race can relate to it.

January 2, 2009, 1:29 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Broken Doctor Easily Not Phil/Robin. Have a good weekend. Are you kidding me? I just went back to work-

this week. See you on Friday Janurary 09th, 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.---------------------------

January 9, 2009, 6:15 am CST

What is wrong with this board?

Seriously. A show about marital problems and we only have two messages so far? One of them the Daily Incoherency. What's wrong?

Yesterday, someone seemed to think this message board was a "meet the opposite sex" board and other days people think they are talking directly to Dr. Phil in a "Dear Abby" sense.

We should be having active threads on many subjects, particularly the diet and exercise threads, and hundreds of posts on the daily show's topics.

Maybe it's time for a new format. I post on some very active boards with the sort of format where you can see all the catagories and active threads at a glance. Here's the type of board that seems to get huge activity [url]http://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi[/url].

I know it's none of my business but I love the show and I love to talk to other people about it -- so it makes me kind of sad to see no one here.

January 9, 2009, 7:07 am CST

Kristine needs to knock it off!

I'm going to take this beyond the limits of the show and Chris and Kristine.  What about the damage that Kristine does to another family when she goes onto the internet and flirts...or a seemingly innocent "coffee" with a man who is married or in a relationship.  Let me tell you Kristine, speaking as the loving other half...even if my significant other is innocent I lose my ever-loving mind and he pays for it dearly when I see a message pop up on his computer and a female who I do not know says "hey sexy".  Red lights go off, bells, whistles, bright shiney candy-like buttons appear and it is hell in my house. 

What you do on the internet might be just fun and games to you, but it is mentally abusing your husband and abusing the other person's relationship on the other end of your "innocent fun".  In the old days Kristine, we called these women HOME WRECKERS!! 

January 9, 2009, 8:36 am CST

Phone Friend

I hope today show will help me. My husband has been having a three telephone affair with a woman. He claims they just talk about what is going on in each other lives. Had it with him the day after Christmas and told him that if if was nothing wrong with him speaking to her then he could do it with me in the room. One of his calls to her was over 90 mins. I told it is strange he could talk to her all that him and can not have a conversation with me for 5 mins. He his always says now that I do not hear anything he says to me. I tell him him he has me confuse with his girlfriend because he is telling her evereything. I told him to call her and tell her it was over. He dial a number said it went to voice mail but he did not leave a message. She has called him and left him a message. He has agreed to go and see someone with me and stop talking to her. But I think he just said that to buy himself time and does not mean it. I will see soon when the phone bill comes!!!!!!

January 9, 2009, 12:04 pm CST

01/09 Not Easily Broken

Quote From: ccadixon3

I hope today show will help me. My husband has been having a three telephone affair with a woman. He claims they just talk about what is going on in each other lives. Had it with him the day after Christmas and told him that if if was nothing wrong with him speaking to her then he could do it with me in the room. One of his calls to her was over 90 mins. I told it is strange he could talk to her all that him and can not have a conversation with me for 5 mins. He his always says now that I do not hear anything he says to me. I tell him him he has me confuse with his girlfriend because he is telling her evereything. I told him to call her and tell her it was over. He dial a number said it went to voice mail but he did not leave a message. She has called him and left him a message. He has agreed to go and see someone with me and stop talking to her. But I think he just said that to buy himself time and does not mean it. I will see soon when the phone bill comes!!!!!!

Why do men think that this sort of thing is okay? He has absolutely no business maintaing a relationship with another woman when he is a married man. He'll, no doubt, ask you what the harm is, as long as he isn't sleeping with her. Tell him the harm is that it hurts you and is making you hate him!

If his phone calls to this woman mean more to him than the sanctity of his marriage and the happiness of his wife -- then you have your answer.

January 9, 2009, 12:11 pm CST

Answered own question

Quote From: fluffyfat

Seriously. A show about marital problems and we only have two messages so far? One of them the Daily Incoherency. What's wrong?

Yesterday, someone seemed to think this message board was a "meet the opposite sex" board and other days people think they are talking directly to Dr. Phil in a "Dear Abby" sense.

We should be having active threads on many subjects, particularly the diet and exercise threads, and hundreds of posts on the daily show's topics.

Maybe it's time for a new format. I post on some very active boards with the sort of format where you can see all the catagories and active threads at a glance. Here's the type of board that seems to get huge activity [urlhttp://forum.ship-of-fools.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi[/url.

I know it's none of my business but I love the show and I love to talk to other people about it -- so it makes me kind of sad to see no one here.
Oops! Nevermind. I just found the new boards.
Sorry.

[My groundhog didn't make the change.]

January 9, 2009, 12:57 pm CST

If you hang out at the barber shop long enough, you're gonna get a haircut!

I've always admired Dr. Phil, but when I learned that Bishop Jakes was the person he went to for advice, I admired him all the more! 

We need more shows like this, more movies like this, more advice like this!

I think it was Billy Graham who said that he never had lunch alone with a woman and he never rode in a car alone with a woman.  (I'm sure that if he was driving along in his car alone and saw a woman stranded by the roadside, he'd give her a ride, but I think you get what he ~ and I ~ mean.)   Married men have no business carrying on long lingering friendships with other women.  No good can come from it.

I'm very happily married and I would be uncomfortable pursuing a friendship with another man.  I simply don't see the point.  My husband and I both have friends that are male and female, but he hangs out with his male friends or we see them together.  If I want to spend time with a man, I'll spend time with my husband!

Recovering alcoholics know that if they hang out in bars, no matter how good their intentions are for sobriety, they are more likely to drink.  I think all these married men and women attempting to have platonic  friendships with members of the opposite sex have similar problems.  So often it's the same story.  "We started hanging out together because we both liked Russian Literature. Then, we just started going for coffee more and more and discovered ~ surprise surprise ~ we had FEELINGS for one another! Then one thing led to another, but we never expected the affair to get physical!"

I think the key to preventing things from ending bad is stopping them from beginning bad.

January 9, 2009, 1:55 pm CST

01/09 Not Easily Broken

Quote From: tuskalena

I'm going to take this beyond the limits of the show and Chris and Kristine.  What about the damage that Kristine does to another family when she goes onto the internet and flirts...or a seemingly innocent "coffee" with a man who is married or in a relationship.  Let me tell you Kristine, speaking as the loving other half...even if my significant other is innocent I lose my ever-loving mind and he pays for it dearly when I see a message pop up on his computer and a female who I do not know says "hey sexy".  Red lights go off, bells, whistles, bright shiney candy-like buttons appear and it is hell in my house. 

What you do on the internet might be just fun and games to you, but it is mentally abusing your husband and abusing the other person's relationship on the other end of your "innocent fun".  In the old days Kristine, we called these women HOME WRECKERS!! 

I thought Dr Phil was dead wrong when he told Kristine that she had "legitimate" complaints about Kris's lack of trust. Kristine's first  "emotional" affair took place five years ago. Kris's reaction, telling her that he'd had opportunity to have affairs of his own suggests that he still trusted her. But, she p*ssed away his trust by having the second affair two years later. Letting it become physical. And, admittedly lying to him about her activities since the affair. If I were Kris, after the second affair, I would've dropped her like a hot potato. As Dr Phil has said to past guests, it's better for their children to be from broken homes, than to live in them.

January 9, 2009, 2:53 pm CST

Our Countries Morals

I am posting in regards to the show "Not Easily Broken".   It's unfortunate that many of americans go through the "emotional" abuse of marriages/relationships, be it affairs, etc.  I have been in that type of relationship myself and by the grace of God, He pulled me through and has blessed me with the most wonderful man and marriage that I could of ever hoped for.  I am sure Mr. Jakes movie is wonderful but there are some things that concern me.  He is a minister of the Word yet produces a movie with bad language and I am assuming some "missing clothing" as one of the guests on the show mentioned she didn't have her shirt on in one scene.  I am not judging but in the case of morales in this country, I couldn't help myself from writing this post.  If a Pastor can't even set a good example by producing a "pure" movie then how can we expect our younger generation to "live right" when they can't even watch a family type movie without even seeing this kind of stuff.  They see it, think it's ok because after all a man of God is behind this, it has to be ok.  I know it's trivial compared to some types of movies out there but we have to draw the line somewhere.  Maybe I am looking too deep into this and any helpful comments are welcomed if I am not understanding correctly for some reason.  I mean no disrespect to Mr. Jakes here at all, that's not what I am getting at.  I'm just wondering here where things need to begin and end?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | Next | Last