Message Boards

Topic : 01/13 Little Boy Lost

Number of Replies: 492
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 09, 2009, 02:26:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
What would you do if your little boy wanted to be a little girl? Dr. Phil continues the heated topic of gender-confused kids. After the last show, viewers had a lot to say about the subject, and the message boards lit up with their impassioned opinions. Now, Dr. Phil speaks with Toni, a mother who says she can’t stop grieving the loss of her son who, at 11, began to transition into a female. Toni feels like her son has died, and she’s having a hard time adjusting to having a daughter. Joining the discussion is family researcher Glenn Stanton and psychologist Dr. Joseph Nicolosi, who say it’s the parents' responsibility to guide their children into their gender-born identities. On the opposite side are psychiatrist Dr. Dan Siegel and psychotherapist Dr. Michele Angello, who say children are born this way, and parents should support their children in their decision to transition to the opposite sex. What do you think is the best way to treat a child with gender identity confusion? Don’t miss the heated debate as Dr. Phil continues to explore this fervid and hotly contested topic. Then, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

July 7, 2009, 11:09 pm CDT

no...

Quote From: jacobp

fringold, I understand that you don't see the correlation. Yet, i do feel that same-sex or same-gender attraction is a mild form of gender identity disorder (GID). It is not as obvious but from my own experience I know for a fact there are mild similarities. In fact many of  us believe that can be an extreme form of SSA. 

I'll tell you my own story.  I've always identified as a boy as far as i know. But I've aways felt estranged from boys. I never really understood them either.  I spent a lot of time with girls and identified and felt more comfortable with girls. Many guys with ssa feel the same. Some are so engaged with girls that they take on more and more of their mannerisms. During my teen years, I rejected my whole body. True everyone feels skirmish about their bodies.  Like Peter Pan i did not want to grow up! I didnt  want to become a man!  I found men shameful, disgusting and inferior. Thus i was rejecting my own gender. I had a sarcastic remark about anything manly. I had no respect for it. It could be as small as giving each other a Hi-5!

I'm 30 now and I've been spending the last few years of my life repairing misconceptions, shame, wounds and barriers i have towards myself and my gender. It has really taken a lot of work.

I don't know a whole lot about GID. Fortunately i don't have it. But I feel that I'm just on the more masculine side of the spectrum.  There are many guys who lie much closer to GID than i do who still identify as men. Then you have those who did not when htey were younger, but later gradually adapted to their gender. Not all people with
GID stay that way.

Lesbianism is different from male homosexuality, yet there are many similarities. Someof the same principles apply just slightly different in some cases.

Best wishes.

"all homosexuals have a mild form of GID" WHAT A DUMB REMARK! i know many homosexuals who are either full male or full female and never want to even be the slightest bit feminine! i am a transgender and i an nonsexual. many transgenders are either homosexual, heterosexual, bisexual or non sexual. why does everybody make the STUPID mistake to compare homosexuality with transgenderism?

July 7, 2009, 11:23 pm CDT

01/13 Little Boy Lost

Quote From: justmytwocents

Actually there are 2 sides and maybe even more, those preaching against homosexual lifestyles and those preaching for it.  I do not buy into the silly notion of tolerance, there is no such thing its all an illusion.  Because quite frankly homosexuals do not tolerate heterosexuals who are against their lifestyle, case in point Hilton Perez regarding the Miss America pageant contestant Prejean.  The very people who scream the loudest about being tolerant are anything but tolerant. They want others to be tolerant of their ways, but do not reciprocate. 

Those religious zealots you speak of, love you more than you know, but they do not tolerate your lifestyle because God forbids it and is against it.  You know the old saying, love the sinner, hate the sin.  If you have children you can understand, you may hate their behavior, but you love them.  Is that wrong....no its called unconditional love, you love them regardless of their behavior, but nevertheless you still hate the behavior.  Same as God, He hates the sin, but loves the sinner. 

god forbids homosexuality? where in the bible does "GOD" mention that. have you ever read the hebrew version of the bible? leviticus says "and with a male do not lie lyings of a woman." corenthians and timothy greek word for homosexuality is arsenokoitai which means "male-bedders" and malokai which means soft, or people who rape young boys in a form of RITUALISTIC homosexuality. which most likly mean the people who pay for prostitutes. in romans god makes them have sex with each other for a punishment because they worshipped "the creature over the creator" in sodom and gemorrah thay wanted to gang rape him. same thing is said about gibeah and it is not noted for homosexuality. people state "if they wanted to have sex with a guy it is considered homosexuality" yeha...the same way if someone raped you in prison they are automatically gay. no. people who get sex every day and then gets put in a 1 gender cell for 20 years usually take out their hunger for sex on their jailmate. and the term "god created adam and eve not adam and steve" is the supidest thing i have ever heard. that is the creation theory, not the moral code. so in the same since if god created adam and eve as jews, does that mean that all caucasions and african-americans are a sin? no gays do not reproduce, but neither do infertile people. but they can marry and have sex.

1 more thing is that the population when these laws were made was too small to support homosexuals to the point where they would be a sin.

First | Prev | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | Next Page | Last Page