Message Boards

Topic : 01/15 Rage Caught on Tape

Number of Replies: 46
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 09, 2009, 02:31:05 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
As difficult financial times put additional strain on familial relationships, rage-filled outbursts are on the rise. Dr. Phil explores a wide spectrum of anger, from irrational fits to yelling at your kids like a broken record. His first guest, Mimi, says her husband, Ed, loses his temper while trying to lay down the law with their 13-year-old son, and she's tired of being the referee. Ed says he's frustrated with the teen's attitude. Dr. Phil cameras capture the fighting, which has even became physical. Are these parents expecting too much out of the boy, or is he to blame for the confrontations? Dr. Frank Lawlis, chairman of the Dr. Phil Advisory Board, sits down with the teen. You'll be surprised to learn what he discovers. Find out what Dr. Phil suggests these parents do to keep the peace in the family. Then, meet Isabella. She says her rage grows worse with every year, and anyone is subject to her outrageous outbursts, including her own mother. You won't believe the shocking footage caught by in-home cameras, often in front of her 5-year-old son. Find out the list of items that causes Isabella to unleash her anger, and why she thinks she behaves in this manner. Is she ready to get real and end the tirades? Watch these guests and learn how to manage the frustrations in your life. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 15, 2009, 6:50 am CST

from someone who worked at a call center

I used to do tech support and loved it. I was especially entertained by customers like Isabella who on tape seems to especially target phone agents. It's so obviously small minded and fearful behavior. It's only a way to make anonymous strangers view you as a complete fool. The only live humans I saw her confront were her husband who sensibly hides in the kitchen...

January 15, 2009, 8:15 am CST

I disagree with some of what was said about the Lady Isabella today

I beleive her when she says that it was created in the way she was treated in high school and it is a defense mechanism. The reason I say this is because I tend to do some of the same things but not to the same degree and I was also picked on all the way through school and I feel that this is a monster created by society. I'm not saying the behavior is right but what I am saying is we need to deal with it before it becomes this very ugly thing that clearly it has. I don't have the answers but I think we need to teach our children at school and home that it is inappropriate to pick on others because it causes bad self esteem, hurt feelings, buried emotions, lack of a concious etc. So we need to find a way to stop this before the cycle continues with our children.

January 15, 2009, 8:22 am CST

Anger

Dr. Phil you are exactly right about Isabella's son picking up her bad behavior and having problems as he grows up. I grew up in a home where there was abuse between my parents. Constantly fighting and also a lot of physical abuse. Growing up as a young child I was very introverted but as I got older I became more angry (not to the degree o Isabella, I still had respect for people outside my home) and had a terrible temper through my teens and twenties. After my husband passed away when I was 28 I started mellowing out because of a situation that happened between us before he died. If she doesn't change I really feel bad for her son. I hope she follows through with the help you are providing because if she doesn't she may find she will loose everyone around her and be very lonely.

January 15, 2009, 12:57 pm CST

Ed on todays show and Jacob

Ed has some serious issues with anger and emotional abuse. I am so glad Dr. Phil you confronted him about his poor treatment of his son. I hear no love or concern in Ed's voice or demeanor. Intervention is definitely in order.

Children and young men are people with feelings and should not be treated as though their value is only in the grades they produce and what they can do to please their father. Ed has no emotional intelligence; Ed needs to express his concern for Jacob in a loving, intelligent, thoughtful way. Ed is the personification of a bully and it is disturbing that Jacob's mother appears so passive to the issue, that is an indication that Ed rules the household through fear. 

The expression on Jacob's face is an obvious indication that he is emotionally frozen with fear. If Jacob survives this family, it would not be a surprise that at first chance he move away as far as possible.

Terribly concerned for this young man. Sincerely, Kathleen

January 15, 2009, 2:15 pm CST

01/15 Rage Caught on Tape

My daughter could be this woman she is 27 and is the same way it has always been a problem. Her dad is very much the same but has in the last 25 years has calmed down greatly. I always wondered if anyone could convince my daughter that it is not the correct way to act. She is honest to a fault cruel in her words and uses language like a drunken sailor. I lover her but she is her own worst enemy. She can't except responciblity for any problem and can always find a fall guy usually me. Thank for letting me vent.

January 15, 2009, 2:27 pm CST

Dr Phil, listen to your wife!

Dr. Phil, that out-of-control raging woman told you she'd just had a complete hysterectomy and  you missed it!  Joy would have caught it but she was next door plugging her book about menopause etc. on Oprah.  The woman said she wasn't like this before.  She needs HORMONES!  I've been there (but not as bad as this woman!) and the change was IMMEDIATE when I started taking bio-identical hormones prescribed by my doctor.  The feeling of being out of control and not caring whom you rage at, including your children, well, I got my self back when I got my hormones replaced.  And I've told my family how sorry I am that I put them through my menopause--the anger, depression, listlessness, hopelessness, all of it.

January 15, 2009, 2:33 pm CST

oops

Did I just call Robin "Joy"?   Sorry.

January 15, 2009, 2:56 pm CST

Understanding

I am very understanding towards Isabella.   A light bulb went off in my head when she said she had a full hysterectomy and her anger got worse.  I have always been a little " high strung" but since my own surgery my anger has become much worse.  I have no patience for stupid people or even my children who are all teenagers.  I like things to be perfect and when they are not I can explode.  I applaud Isabella for being so honest about her feelings and I think this is going to help me as well.

January 15, 2009, 2:58 pm CST

Rage Lady

This lady needs to get her blood levels checked. I wouldn't doubt her hysterectomy has aggravated the problem. Granted, most of what's going on is her own payoff for rage, but I'll bet a doctor would find she's chemically out of whack.

Been there done that.

January 15, 2009, 3:03 pm CST

my own rage

there was a news special on threw half the show  now i cant know what happend for the first 35 min. of it  not fair was one show i didnt want to miss

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last