Message Boards

Topic : 04/06 Ask Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 220
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 09, 2009, 02:34:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 01/16/09) It's Ask Dr. Phil day, and you won't believe the topics! First up, Jimmy, a 43-year-old musician, lives with his 20-year-old daughter, Morgan. He says many young ladies are attracted to him -- including Morgan’s friends. He prefers dating the young ladies, but Morgan says he should stick to women his own age. Should he change his relationship rules for his daughter? Next, Jessica says her husband is like the trash man, constantly throwing away the kids' games and shredding mail -- including a check he received for his birthday! Jessica says money is tight and wants to know how to curb her spouse’s urge to purge. Then, Anita and her husband, Kenny,  appeared on the Dr. Phil episode "'You're Not Hot Enough,'"  because Anita was overweight and Kenny made fun of her. Since the show, she has both lost and regained over 50 pounds and now wants gastric bypass surgery to take the weight off for good. Why is Kenny so opposed to the procedure? Does Dr. Phil think it's a good idea? And, Keyana says she wants to be adopted by a new mom. What does Dr. Phil think about her pursuit for new parents? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 16, 2009, 12:17 pm CST

Jimmy and Morgan

How would Jimmy feel if Morgan was dating a 43 year old man?

January 16, 2009, 12:20 pm CST

43 year old dad

I wonder how the 43 year old dad would feel if his 20 year old daughter was dating one of his 43 year old friends.  He might have a different perspective on it... just my 5 cents worth.

January 16, 2009, 12:21 pm CST

01/16 Ask Dr. Phil

I wanna know what he would think or how he would feel if his 20 year old daughter was sneeking in one of his 40 something year old friends?!

January 16, 2009, 12:22 pm CST

Fathers dating girls daughters age

I know from recent events how this young lady feels. My father is recently divorced after a 11 year marriage where she had been cheating on him for the last year. The divorce was just finalized MONDAY and the girl he is dating IS my age. I am not comfortable with it at all. I want my dad to be happy and I told him I want him to be happy, but the more I think about it I can't stand it. I don't know how to tell him without him thinking I don't want happiness for him. I can't even imagine the response I would get if I brought home a guy my dad's age. It's just off to me anyomore. I am her age and I do not have kids yet. She wants kids. Is my dad @ 48 years old gona give them to her????? I haven't met her & I'm not sayin she's a bad person or anything of the sort, I just don't like the situation. I also have a brother who is 21 and what if he gets into an older woman phase?? Errrrr... I guess I have fussed long enough. Thanks for listenin yall.

January 16, 2009, 12:23 pm CST

Equality

Just a thought about Jimmy and his daughter. What if his daughter snuck a man in she met through the window and Jimmy found them. And then he realized the man his daughter was with was 43, and graduated with him from high school? Just a thought

January 16, 2009, 12:25 pm CST

dating your kids age

Thank you, Dr. Phil.  My kids are going through the same thing, with their dad.  Since our divorce, he's decided to date one of their friends.  What's worse is that she's less than 18 and he's almost 40.  Our kids range in age from 21-13.  Talk about confusing for them!  Not to mention the fact that he's convincing everyone that they're "in love" and that what they've done is ok.  The kids know it's wrong, but it's really tearing them apart and messing up the friendships.

Father

Hi Dr. Phil,

I just find it interesting that an older man would find common interest in such a younger woman. There are plenty of woman his age in the world. I guess it makes it easier for me to understand why there isn't a lot of single men my age to date. They are all going after younger woman.

He seems like a nice man and great dad. I wish him luck finding someone special to spend time with.

Jimmy

I understand where he is coming from with dating younger women.   I am a 39 year old woman who has been seperated for 5 years and all I meet are very young men.  I live in fair size city of 500,000 ppl and I am a young looking 39 year old.  I would love to meet a man my age who is handsome, energetic and yet would love to settle down.  It is few and far between.  It is fine to date these younger women with the respect of his daughters restrictions but he should be open minded to us "older" women who are not bitter but in the same boat.  Maybe if he would venture outside of his state or even country.  I'm in Canada Jimmy and the women here are wonderfull and not so bitter. 

January 16, 2009, 12:28 pm CST

not acceptable!

I am a 38 year old mother to 2 beautiful young ladies of 18 & 19 and I disagree at 100% of a 42 year old man dating a 20 year old.If an older man just looks at my daughters in an inappropriate way I get upset...I find it perverted and immature.This guy needs to get a life and date a woman who is at least over 30! My opinion on this guy is that he can't handle an older woman so thats why he needs to date the REALLY young ones...LOL

January 16, 2009, 12:28 pm CST

Being fair

How would Jimmy feel about his daughter dating a man twice her age?

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last