Message Boards

Topic : 04/06 Ask Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 220
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 09, 2009, 02:34:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 01/16/09) It's Ask Dr. Phil day, and you won't believe the topics! First up, Jimmy, a 43-year-old musician, lives with his 20-year-old daughter, Morgan. He says many young ladies are attracted to him -- including Morgan’s friends. He prefers dating the young ladies, but Morgan says he should stick to women his own age. Should he change his relationship rules for his daughter? Next, Jessica says her husband is like the trash man, constantly throwing away the kids' games and shredding mail -- including a check he received for his birthday! Jessica says money is tight and wants to know how to curb her spouse’s urge to purge. Then, Anita and her husband, Kenny,  appeared on the Dr. Phil episode "'You're Not Hot Enough,'"  because Anita was overweight and Kenny made fun of her. Since the show, she has both lost and regained over 50 pounds and now wants gastric bypass surgery to take the weight off for good. Why is Kenny so opposed to the procedure? Does Dr. Phil think it's a good idea? And, Keyana says she wants to be adopted by a new mom. What does Dr. Phil think about her pursuit for new parents? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

April 6, 2009, 7:16 pm CDT

Bashing

Quote From: ramar52

There are good women your age. Maybe your attitude is running them off. Bashing goes both ways!
I am sorry I don't bash women, that is not my intention, all I am saying is that my experience has been very negative with women my age, from time to time I go on a telephone dating service, and have been lied to countless times by women, indeed I am a very positive and friendly person, the proverbial nice and kind man. Men are very simple creatures, we just want to be respected by our partner and will give them all the unconditional love that is in our heart. I have never heard of a male movement that bashes women, but feminists bash men!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

April 6, 2009, 7:42 pm CDT

04/06 Ask Dr. Phil

Quote From: poetwomen87

No to be honest I've had the best opportunities anyone can ask for, beautiful little girl handsome husband beautiful home and I'm going to college to be a psychologist! So what am I missing out on, Little dumb ass boys who don't know nothing about being a real man. I'm the kind of person who wants a career husband and child, everything else seems to small for me!

shallow......? don't judge. I too have a very successful career, wonderful, bright children and a fellow in my life who is also very success in his career. We own a home, travel and enjoy the finer things in life. I don't judge you and wish you well. I'm a big believer in whatever makes you happy.....then be happy - don't judge the man on the show. Everybody just needs to ....be.   :-)

April 6, 2009, 8:21 pm CDT

Why is it wrong?

I see absolutely nothing wrong with older men and women dated younger people. I myself have been in a relationship with a 33 year old for a year last weekend and I am 19. So no on one can say it can't be long term, either. As far as parents dating younger people, sure it can be a little weird, my mom once dated an 18 year old. It's like Dr. P said, they are obviously adults and can date whomever they chose.
I really related to the show, though, because my boyfriend is a musician and we actually met when he was playing in a bar. He has always dated younger women, but I was the youngest, lol.
But yeah, my two cents to the situation is that it is not wrong and it definitely can work as long as you are not too different. Most older guys don't act their age anyway.

April 7, 2009, 11:29 am CDT

04/06 Ask Dr. Phil

Quote From: mlh92555

Maybe the 43 yr. old father would attract more women his own age if he got a "man's" haircut instead of the messy junior high look.
That is very true.  I think men who feel the need to act and dress the way Jimmy does, would almost have to be going through a mid-life crises, which isn't a bad thing by any means.  He definitely is a "young" 43.  Haaving been in the situation myself, I have no problem with older men and younger women.  I do however, think the man needs to keep it above the age 18, which Jimmy did; she is at least 20. 

April 11, 2009, 5:58 pm CDT

so

Quote From: ramar52

He left his cancer-stricken wife for her. Let her get seriousjy ill and hell do her the same way he did his wife. These young gals are so bloomin niave!

I believe if he wasn't in love with his wife than why should he have to stay with her regardless of her illness, Its like i'm here for you because your sick and the second you die I'll finally be free to be with the one I actually love. If my hubby were to fall for someone else and fell out of love for me and I ended up only having 2months to live, I absolutely wouldn't want him by myside unless he was there because he really does love and want me otherwise I'd feel more alone knowing he secretly wishes he was with her.

April 12, 2009, 8:48 am CDT

KEYANA

KEYANA,

I SAW YOU ON DR PHIL SHOW AND I HAVE THOUGHT OF YOU A LOT. I KNOW YOU ARE GETTING A LOT OF LETTERS GOOD AND BAD. BUT I REALLY WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO YOU. YOU SEEM TO BE A VERY GOOD HEARTED PERSON AND I DINT LIVE THAT CLOSE TO YOU, BUT A REAL MOM DOES NOT HAVE TO BECAUSE SHE KNOWS  HOW TO MAKE IT WORK, I HAVE LOOKED ON FACE BOOK TO SEE IF YOU ARE THERE BUT NO LUCK. WRITE IF YOU WILL. TERRI

April 17, 2009, 9:37 am CDT

REALMOM50

Quote From: haylaura

I agree that this isn't funny or cute and she didn't mean it to be.... I am so sorry that your 20 year old son has decided not to be in your life, but you still have hope... 20 is the new 16.... this generation of 20 year olds are very spoiled, so its good that you are doing the tough love. We had to do that with our 26 year old and you know what..... it worked, but he is older than your son. Just give it time.... Don't bother him.... just write a nice letter to him and tell him how much you love him and that you just want him to be happy and healthy.... but parents today are supporting their grown children so much more now than ever before.... we have to teach our kids to be independent and that they can't live off of us forever....

I am glad Dr Phil didn't go off on this woman. My heart breaks for her, because I don't have a relationship with my own mother.... I feel like we have been robbed of a mother / daughter relationship, but with that said..... what we do have is great husbands and kids..... we can't let our kids take over our lives, but we can still be loving and caring.... i didn't get that with my mother.... :(

And yes you are right..... We don't get to choose our own parents, but there have been so many times in my life that I wish that we could....

HAYLAURA

I AGREE WITH YOU KEYANA SHOULD FINE A MOM THAT CAN FEELTHAT ROBBED FEELING SHE HAS FROM NOT HAVING HER MOM THEIR FOR HER. I KNOW SHE HAS HER HUSBAND AND KIDS BUT SOMETIME  A WOMAN JUST NEEDS A MOM WHEN SHE DON'T FEEL GOOD OR JUST TO TALK. AND I HOPE SHE CAN FIND HER. I WOULD LOVE TO TALK TO HER MYSELF.  AND FOR ZENLADY YOU DO HAVE TO HAVE TOUGH LOVE AND IN TIME HE WILL COME AROUND.

April 17, 2009, 11:10 pm CDT

The dating game

I don't think there is anything wrong with dating people out of your age range... i've done it most all of my life. I don't see anything wrong with it, as long as neither person is a minor. If a 57 year old man wants to date a 29 year old and she likes him and wants to go out with him, that's their business. No one else's.

I am 34 now, and i have dated men younger than me and men that are older than my parents or my parent's age. We felt completely comfortable with  what we were doing, and i don't think it's anyone's business... though i don't like to step on their children's toes when they are about my age, sometimes even older.

April 17, 2009, 11:15 pm CDT

totally true

Quote From: poetwomen87

I believe if he wasn't in love with his wife than why should he have to stay with her regardless of her illness, Its like i'm here for you because your sick and the second you die I'll finally be free to be with the one I actually love. If my hubby were to fall for someone else and fell out of love for me and I ended up only having 2months to live, I absolutely wouldn't want him by myside unless he was there because he really does love and want me otherwise I'd feel more alone knowing he secretly wishes he was with her.

I totally agree with you... it sucks for the one who has the illness or whatever, but if he doesn't love her and he's going to cheat on her, then screw him. He doesn't deserve the benefits of a spouse dying (monatarily) and he certainly shouldn't be at your deathbed, because i wouldn't want someone there that didn't care about me... i would rather be alone than have fake concern surrounding me.

May 1, 2009, 5:15 pm CDT

YOUR RIGHT IN A WAY AND WRONG IN ANOTHER

Quote From: dr_phils_fan

shallow......? don't judge. I too have a very successful career, wonderful, bright children and a fellow in my life who is also very success in his career. We own a home, travel and enjoy the finer things in life. I don't judge you and wish you well. I'm a big believer in whatever makes you happy.....then be happy - don't judge the man on the show. Everybody just needs to ....be.   :-)

Okay I don't have kids or a job or anything because I'm not old enough yet. But I definatley love my mother , but my father, not so much. Great that you have kidz and everything....but as a tip for you.....take in what they say seriously......i dont like my dad because....1. he scares me.......2. hes literally mean.....3. he doesnt play with me and my siblings.

bye

First | Prev | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | Next Page | Last Page