Message Boards

Topic : 04/06 Ask Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 220
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 09, 2009, 02:34:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 01/16/09) It's Ask Dr. Phil day, and you won't believe the topics! First up, Jimmy, a 43-year-old musician, lives with his 20-year-old daughter, Morgan. He says many young ladies are attracted to him -- including Morgan’s friends. He prefers dating the young ladies, but Morgan says he should stick to women his own age. Should he change his relationship rules for his daughter? Next, Jessica says her husband is like the trash man, constantly throwing away the kids' games and shredding mail -- including a check he received for his birthday! Jessica says money is tight and wants to know how to curb her spouse’s urge to purge. Then, Anita and her husband, Kenny,  appeared on the Dr. Phil episode "'You're Not Hot Enough,'"  because Anita was overweight and Kenny made fun of her. Since the show, she has both lost and regained over 50 pounds and now wants gastric bypass surgery to take the weight off for good. Why is Kenny so opposed to the procedure? Does Dr. Phil think it's a good idea? And, Keyana says she wants to be adopted by a new mom. What does Dr. Phil think about her pursuit for new parents? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 16, 2009, 12:29 pm CST

I married her!

Hi Dr. Phil,

I marrid a woman 24 years younger than I. We both have the same birthday, we got married on our mutual birthday, and the day we were married, I was exactly twice her age (24 and 48). Is this bad?

We both met the traditional way, became close friends, fell in love, and were married two years later.

I don't feel guilty but I do find it hard to talk to her Dad (my father-in-law). I'm two years older than he.

I can see how the daughter on the show might be embarrassed but if he finds someone and they both love each other...whaytis the problem?e

older men younger women

Quote From: kristin_67

Ask yourself what these men are looking for in dating younger women.  There is only one thing older men are looking for in a woman who is 1/2 their age.  Let's be honest here, they are looking for sex.  And they want to have sex with a girl who is young and hasn't weathered the aging process.  You see it often because there are a lot of men who, when they get older, need to feel younger and wanted.  The girls who are 18 or in their early 20s probably are looking for a man to want them because they missed out on that with their fathers.  It's gross really. 
So true!  It is that something was missing in their childhood that the girl looks for from the man and that the man is looking for sex.  It not only messes up that girl but his daughter and her relationships, also.

Let the daughter date a 43 year old man...

I wonder if this guy would let her girl date a man of the same age as his. I mean, really.. it is ok for him to date women around his daughter's age so I asume is ok for the girl to date older men.

January 16, 2009, 12:32 pm CST

older man younger woman

I would like to know if Jimmy would like to see his daughter dating one of his friends or men his age.

January 16, 2009, 12:32 pm CST

01/16 Ask Dr. Phil

Hello - I think that all three of these gentlemen need intense psychotherapy!  They need to learn to respect the women's feelings in their lives that they supposedly love!

January 16, 2009, 12:34 pm CST

01/16 Ask Dr. Phil

I think his choosing to date younger people is just that his choosing.However he is still the Father and he should respect his daughters wishes to not date friends of her's. Think about how weard that would be for her if she were out with friends talking about relationships (like gilrs do) and one of her friends started talking about the relationship between her and her Father....Would you want to here about sex that your parents have ...nope not me ....

January 16, 2009, 12:43 pm CST

And I thought I was the only one...

Keyana:

The more I think I am alone on this planet with my troubles, the more I find that I am not.  We are kindred spirits, because we share the same pain.  I have the same aches, for the simple pleasures a mother and daughter could find much happiness in.  I too have apologized and tried in every way known to man to 'repair' the situation and it is like I do not exist, but my brother and sister do.  It hurts and I like your solution, but I agree with Dr. Phil...be VERY careful...I would love to talk to you more, if you have time...I am down the road, my sister in law just graduated from MTSU, we live in Fort Payne...if you have time...I would love to hear from you....steph

January 16, 2009, 12:46 pm CST

Older Men Dating Younger Women

I was watching the show 'Ask Dr. Phil' Friday January 16, 2009. Dr. Phil had a guest on the show that was a 43 year old man and his 20 year old daughter. Dr. Phil said he didn't think that this man should be women or "girls" as Dr. Phil called them. I am a 24 year old WOMAN and I am dating a man that is 44. We have been together a little over a year and have a wonderful relationship. We have alot in common. I don't want anyone to think that he is immature because he definately is not. I consider myself very mature. We get along great and we love spending time together.  Our families and friends accept the age difference and have no problems with it.  We love each other very much and are just a typical couple. We feel lucky to have found each other.  I believe that age is just a number and when you love someone it shouldn't matter how old they are. I don't think that there is anything wrong with him being 20 years older than me. 

January 16, 2009, 12:48 pm CST

01/16 Ask Dr. Phil

Quote From: kristin_67

Ask yourself what these men are looking for in dating younger women.  There is only one thing older men are looking for in a woman who is 1/2 their age.  Let's be honest here, they are looking for sex.  And they want to have sex with a girl who is young and hasn't weathered the aging process.  You see it often because there are a lot of men who, when they get older, need to feel younger and wanted.  The girls who are 18 or in their early 20s probably are looking for a man to want them because they missed out on that with their fathers.  It's gross really. 

What is gross is the number of people who are so judgemental.  My hubby is 51 and I am 28.  We have been married for 8 years.  FYI, I have always had and still have a wonderful relationship with my father, who is still married to my mother.  My husband is continually more interested in me and we have had 4 children together.  If you don't think that takes a toll in the "weathering" process....  Please open your mind and stop being so judgemental!

January 16, 2009, 12:59 pm CST

Kianna's Mother needs

I really understand her need to find a new mom.  I have been searching for THE EXACT SAME THING for the last two years.  It is so nice that I'm not alone. 

I think there might be more of us around than you think.  My mother just isn't a mother to me and never really has been.  I want a great relationship with an older mother figure type of woman, who will also love my family.  Can be there for holidays.  etc..  I would in turn be more than happy to always be there for her.   This problem of mine has really consumed a lot of my thoughts and I have found 2 women who I have connected with, but I am not comfortable bringing up what I am feeling.  Mainly that I would like to have a real, healthy well rounded family with a maternal figure in it..

Anyway  I completely understand Kianna.  I wish there was a place people could go to look for other relationships besides romantic. 

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last