Message Boards

Topic : 04/06 Ask Dr. Phil

Number of Replies: 220
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 09, 2009, 02:34:14 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 01/16/09) It's Ask Dr. Phil day, and you won't believe the topics! First up, Jimmy, a 43-year-old musician, lives with his 20-year-old daughter, Morgan. He says many young ladies are attracted to him -- including Morgan’s friends. He prefers dating the young ladies, but Morgan says he should stick to women his own age. Should he change his relationship rules for his daughter? Next, Jessica says her husband is like the trash man, constantly throwing away the kids' games and shredding mail -- including a check he received for his birthday! Jessica says money is tight and wants to know how to curb her spouse’s urge to purge. Then, Anita and her husband, Kenny,  appeared on the Dr. Phil episode "'You're Not Hot Enough,'"  because Anita was overweight and Kenny made fun of her. Since the show, she has both lost and regained over 50 pounds and now wants gastric bypass surgery to take the weight off for good. Why is Kenny so opposed to the procedure? Does Dr. Phil think it's a good idea? And, Keyana says she wants to be adopted by a new mom. What does Dr. Phil think about her pursuit for new parents? Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 16, 2009, 1:25 pm CST

i feel ya on the throwing away on things

haha i hear you out on the way things go at home with throwing away of anything my DAD IS THE SAME WAY lol its unreal what he throws away and matter of seconds its gone and when its gone its gone lol i swear i dont know how many things of mine as a child and still now to this day he throws away it doesnt bother me but cracks me up like no tomorrow because hes a freak like that then he trys to blame it when things are missing like ohh did you take it somewhere or where you put it lol then i find out it was tossed away and he forgets cuz he throws soo much away lol ~ Brent

January 16, 2009, 1:25 pm CST

I am 18 and dating a 38 year old

I am 18 and my fiance is 38! I dont think it is wrong for men to date younger women. As long as there happy! I understand the point of view of the daughter because my fiances son is 4 years younger than me and he had problems with it at first to! As long as the father isnt dating her friends! I do however think it is a little creepy for him to be sneaking these women into his own house! That would be a little odd!!!

January 16, 2009, 1:26 pm CST

Old Rocker

The 43 year old dating his daughters friends is just pathetic.  He's not ready to grow up, I'm 23 and I've bartended and seen a lot of musicians doing the same thing.  Walking around hitting on young girls, yeah when you get a woman tipsy a semi attractive man might look better to them.  He's giving these girls attention and making them feel special to get what he wants.  He's wrong and needs to stay away from the girls that her daughter could have gone to kindergarten with.

January 16, 2009, 1:27 pm CST

Jimmy 43 yrs old

I think that Jimmy should be able to date whom ever he wants but he also needs to think about how he'd feel if his 20 yr old daughter Morgan were to date a man 43 yrs old. 

January 16, 2009, 1:27 pm CST

age and dating

Do you have a connection with any of the girls you date?  My folks were 17 years apart.  they had a wonderful long marriage having 4 kids of which 3 of us are teachers.  Their marriage was much of the time romantic and a good fouundation for us as children.  Can you give that to your daughter; the example of true commited relationships?

January 16, 2009, 1:28 pm CST

01/16 Ask Dr. Phil

Quote From: amsands

I was watching the show 'Ask Dr. Phil' Friday January 16, 2009. Dr. Phil had a guest on the show that was a 43 year old man and his 20 year old daughter. Dr. Phil said he didn't think that this man should be women or "girls" as Dr. Phil called them. I am a 24 year old WOMAN and I am dating a man that is 44. We have been together a little over a year and have a wonderful relationship. We have alot in common. I don't want anyone to think that he is immature because he definately is not. I consider myself very mature. We get along great and we love spending time together.  Our families and friends accept the age difference and have no problems with it.  We love each other very much and are just a typical couple. We feel lucky to have found each other.  I believe that age is just a number and when you love someone it shouldn't matter how old they are. I don't think that there is anything wrong with him being 20 years older than me. 
I appreciate a woman's perspective and I'm currently dating a 19 year old who is very mature for her age. I just turned 41 and she's ok with my age and I'm ok with hers. I'm young at heart and love to live lfe to the fullest. I hope you and your husband stay together forever! Good luck

January 16, 2009, 1:29 pm CST

Age differances

i think that age is just a number, but at the same time, i think he needs to be more respectful of morgan, he needs to think about how she's feeling and wat this is done to her, i mean some ppl might start usuing morgan to get to her dad and things like that, its all about respect

January 16, 2009, 1:30 pm CST

01/16 Ask Dr. Phil

I think that its great that he still looks that good for his age. I also believe that those younger girls will keep him young at heart. I'm 24 and i'd date him in a heartbeat.

January 16, 2009, 1:30 pm CST

some younger women need a smarter older man

It is so hard for a younger woman to find a man her age ready to be in a serious relationship and settle down. I think that if he is looking to settle down, younger women are not always a lost cause. Some younger girls are truely mature and could greatly love and appriciate the security and life experience that an older man may have.

January 16, 2009, 1:31 pm CST

MayDecember

Iammarriedtoa25yearandIam41anditisawesome!Althoughdatingyoungermenwasnotahabit,Ihavethegreatest  husbandintheworldandIwouldn'ttrademymarriageforanything!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next | Last