Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 President Obama: Hope vs. Reality

Number of Replies: 294
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 16, 2009, 02:55:17 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The inauguration party is over. What’s next for this country? Dr. Phil and his esteemed guests discuss their thoughts about the new presidency and what to expect in the next four years. How will the Obama presidency change our lives? Can he save this country from financial ruin? What does his economic stimulus plan mean to you at home? Can Obama live up to the hype -- or will our hopes be dashed? Inside Edition’s Deborah Norville recaps the highlights from the inauguration, and Ann Coulter, controversial author and conservative commentator, gives her opinions on President Barack Obama. Plus, a personal finance expert tells you what you need to know to get through these tough economic times, and more! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 22, 2009, 7:44 am CST

01/22 President Obama: Hope vs. Reality

Quote From: davebarker

It's pretty obvious that Phil is a Bush fan. Both are from Texas, and of course, Texas has the best of everything. He's had Bush and his wife on the show as well.  Why he had the vitriolic, liberal-hating, rat-mouthed Ann Coulter on his show is beyond comprehension.  To give Coulter a forum to spew her crap is shameful.  Too bad.
But it is alright that Oprah had her post inauguration show.  Come on.

January 22, 2009, 7:46 am CST

Quote From: kaylynv

I would like to think that Mr. Obama will deliver as he says he can, but for my money he's off to a bad start.  Anyone who allows 1.5 Million dollars to be spent on one inaugural in these tough times should be horse whipped.  I don't care where the money came from, only that it was spent.  There are people in this country who are homeless, hungry, have lost homes to foreclosure, lost jobs etc.  Personally I don't think we know nearly enough about this man to have put him in the White House.  Maybe it's my age showing, but I don't think so.  I have a son and daughter-in-law who are, at this time, waiting to scrape together 400 dollars to be able to claim bankruptcy.  Both are college graduates.  Why, you say?  Loss of jobs!!!!  Michigan is in distress and to see the free flowing money spent on one day for the inauguration was maddening.  May God bless us all as we transition to this "tax and spend" time!

KayLyn VanderVeen
Oprah and all of his other Hollywood supporters paid for it.

January 22, 2009, 7:50 am CST

tell ann coulter that if she could think other than just republican she might understand the world but being as she seems to want to blame everyone but her party i guess there is no hope of her ever understanding the working class and why they don't like george bush or his party. but there again is what obama said we have to work together not pull agaisnt each other but her case that is impossible

January 22, 2009, 7:51 am CST

Quote From: raymom5

And do you think that MSNBC and CNN aren't airing yellow journalism?
And  THAT my friend, it the beauty of the USA.............you CAN turn it off!!!!!!!!!!!!

January 22, 2009, 7:54 am CST

She is sooooooooo correct about the single motherhood............

January 22, 2009, 8:05 am CST

I'm so disappointed that this episode has turned out the way it has. How sad that you have chosen to throw such a negative spin on a very inspiring time in our history Dr. Phil. This topic should NOT have been focused on the views of Ann Coulter. The concept of the show is very relative but the way you've chosen to represent the question of change is sad.  We all know that you can't fix everything overnight and I dont believe anyone expects that.  The audience was obviously mainly conservative and should have been more diverse....you know LIKE AMERICA!!! I am hopeful for our country because so many of us now are chosing to get involved in creating the America we want for the good of all. Ann Coulter is the face of HATE and to use that face to represent the "otherside" is offensive Dr.Phil.

January 22, 2009, 8:13 am CST

Whats single moms have to do with it.

I personally don't think being a single mom has everything to do with these young girls becoming strippers. I am not a single mom but I personally know several ladies who were single moms with 3,4 and 5 children and raised them up to be law abiding, God-fearing and well rounded adults. I agree that yes, alot of them kids may become that but I think it happens in a home with 2 parents as well. I think it all boils down to how you raise your child, what kind of morals you teach them, being consistent in dicipline, spending time with them and showing them how much you love them.  I think by not caring for your child enough to provide all these things ( whether its because you really don't care enough for their welfare or spending 60 plus or more hours at work) then yes, these children are going to seek attention else where because they are not getting it at home or need to feel love.  How are children to know whats right and wrong according to God's standards if we don't teach them and lead them by example....I mean, come people. We can't expect them to learn this all on there own.

January 22, 2009, 8:13 am CST

proud to be an american

Dr. Phil I am appalled to see Ann Coulter on your show. My mother was a single mother and I am not a stripper nor have I ever been. I have been married for over 40 years and I have a daughter thats been married 24 years. I think Ann Coulter is a loud mouth that just likes to keep things stirred. I am proud that this country elected an African American to the Presidency because he was the best man for the job.

January 22, 2009, 8:16 am CST

Ann Coulter & Single Mothers

Dr. Phil, I am a single mother, and I resent the fact that Ms. Coulter who has ZERO children can talk about being a single mother.  I do not find single motherhood as glamourous. My daughter is 15 years old, an honor student, and is very productive in all aspects of her life thus far.  I stress to my daughter why it is important for her to not follow in my footsteps, in becoming a single mother. Why she should wait until she has finished school, started her career, and have a husband before she embarks on being someone' parent, and why it is imperative that she stay in school, and become as successful as she chooses. I also resent her giving her opinion on issues that she has no idea about.  If it is possible, please Dr. Phil, when you have Ms. Coulter on your show again, I would definately like to debate this issue with her.

January 22, 2009, 8:17 am CST

upset

That was the first  I ever fell asleep during his show. I cant believe Ann Coulter putting down single mothers like that I have news for her I was rasied  by a single mother of three 1 being my sister who by the way is NOT a stripper and has three kids of her own . Ann kinda reminds me of rush limbaugh she acts like she's just wanting and wating for him to fail  well in some ways he might but I got news for everybody the last democrat we had in office had this country in alot better shape then it is now.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last