Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 President Obama: Hope vs. Reality

Number of Replies: 294
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 16, 2009, 02:55:17 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The inauguration party is over. What’s next for this country? Dr. Phil and his esteemed guests discuss their thoughts about the new presidency and what to expect in the next four years. How will the Obama presidency change our lives? Can he save this country from financial ruin? What does his economic stimulus plan mean to you at home? Can Obama live up to the hype -- or will our hopes be dashed? Inside Edition’s Deborah Norville recaps the highlights from the inauguration, and Ann Coulter, controversial author and conservative commentator, gives her opinions on President Barack Obama. Plus, a personal finance expert tells you what you need to know to get through these tough economic times, and more! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 22, 2009, 12:07 pm CST

susan from malden

I am so sorry i will not be watching the show today. The reason why is Ann Coulter is on, i know everyone has the right to their opinion but she is just out-right rude.

Bye

January 22, 2009, 12:21 pm CST

Nice guy but missguided?

Obama seems like a genuine, well intentioned, nice guy but is he miss guided along with the public?  Check out this blog link for another perspective:

http://oneobamaopinion.blogspot.com/

January 22, 2009, 12:23 pm CST

Scumbag Blabbermouth

It disgusts me to the core that this show has hit an all time low by allowing this scumbag, self righteous blabbermouth to have any air time at all.

Coulter  is a repugnant representative of the right, or anyone for that matter. I have shut the show off. I'm better for it today.

January 22, 2009, 12:34 pm CST

WE ARE NOT STUPID!!!

Dr. Phil,

I am so appalled that you would create a show that allowed this angry woman, Ann C.

I am so sorry that you stooped to this level just after the election.

This woman is full of loads of hot air, lots of quick talk and just seems plain angry!

You would think that your show could at least wait a week before you expect the President to save the world!  Even I have that common sense.

I am an African American woman, who DID NOT vote for Barack Obama, so hearing this should be great for me; however, as a citizen of a Nation that we are working to make better, look better and change, I don't want to hear this kind of rhetoric this early in the game
People will think we're crazy!

I am so sorry that you don't think we are smart enough to know that this will take time, this will be work, there will be sacrifices and no Barack is not God!

Let's come together and pray for this administration, so we can really see change!

Disappointed & ugh!!!!!!

January 22, 2009, 12:39 pm CST

a negative show today

i watch your show all the time with my husband and two teenagers. we are all upset that such a negative show about our new president was on today.

i understand about showing both sides....but we are ONE NATION and we need to come together as ONE... and not listen to people like who were on your show today (ann) saying that our new president isnt capable of this job -  none of us know for sure if any of them were up for the challenge of president but he is in office now and we need to come together - shows like this only divide us...

i am disappointed dr phil.

debbie from vermont

the republicans who are still upset about the election need to get over it like we (democrats) did when bush won... and become one nation and SUPPORT Obama... not insult him on tv...

January 22, 2009, 12:47 pm CST

obama

FINALLY I ONLY HAD TO SING IN 10 TIMES BEFORE I COULD LEAVE A MESSAGE.ABOUT OBAMA IM GLAD HES IN.THAT ANN COULTER IS A JERK.A LOT OF PEOPLE DON;T LIKE THE IDEA THAT OBAMA GOT IN.I THINK ITS A GREAT THING.WE MADE HISTORY,I FOR ONE LOVED THEE IDEA,I WATCHED HIS INAUGURATION AND THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT.IM GLAD BUSH IS OUT.BUSH DIDNT DO A DAM THING FOR ALL OF YOU GUYS AND YOU KNOW IT.I ONLY WISH HE COULD RUN CANADA TOO.I THINK WE WOULD BE A LOT BETTER OFF WITH A MAN LIKE OBAMA RUNNING OUR COUNTRY TOO THEN HARPER,I LOVED THE FACT THAT OBAMA SAID WE ARE ALL EQUAL.I HAVE BELIEVED THAT FOR A LONG TIME.WAY TO GO OBAMA.I HAVE HEARD A LOT OF PEOPLE SAY HES HALF WHITE AND HALF BLACK.SO WHAT.I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THE COLOR HAS TO DO WITH ALL OF THIS.COLOR DOES'NT RUN A COUNTRY A MAN DOES.THERE FIRST DANCE WAS SO GREAT.I WISH MR. AND MRS. OBAMA ALL THE LUCK IN THE WORLD.I KNOW HE'S THJE RIGHT MAN FOR THE JOB.AND HE WILL DO GREAT THING'S JUST WATCH AND SEE PEOPLE.OBAMA IS THE MAN,BLACK,OR WHITE,RED,OR YELLOW,PEOPLE ARE PEOPLE NO MATTER WHAT COLOR THEY ARE.YES WE CAN.WAY TO GO OBAMA.GOOD JOB,AND I FOR ONE WISH THEM BOTH AND THEIR FAMILY ALL THE BEST.BEACUSE THEY ARE THE BEST.AND MY OPION HES THE BEST MAN FOR THE JOB,GO OBAMA GO

January 22, 2009, 12:48 pm CST

Agreed - Ann on Dr. Phil. I'm shocked

I agree with everyone else who is offended that Phil is giving her a platform. I still hope he will call her out - but it doesn't look that way. Seriously, I will not be watching anymore unless it is only about behavioral help for people. Very disappointed.At least the view girls called her out and got her out of there asap. I have watched Dr. Phil since the Oprah days and always stood up for him - but he's changed... using his show to give Ann Coulter serious TV time - disgusting! She is does not represent the Right, she represents the opposite of humanity, the opposite of love, hope, human kindness - you name it (not to mention she is always rude but thinks it is cute) I am so disappointed. For shame Dr. Phil. Stick to helping people who need your help.

January 22, 2009, 12:55 pm CST

LOL @ this hack job...

I've always loved Dr. Phil but it's kind of obvious that he's catering to his Republican views today. Allowing Ann Coulter on his show and having an obviously radical right-wing crowd that supports her is opposite of what the country feels right now. His 'real-world' interviews are also only questioning Obama's policies. He's also giving Ann a line of questioning that allows her to do what she normally does which is spew hatred. The country is beyond this now, I'm surprised Phil would cater to this on his show. Oprah is probably not so happy about this....

January 22, 2009, 1:08 pm CST

So Sick of It All

A lot of you are attacking the guests on the show.  Personally I am just sooooo sick of being Obamaed to death.  I think there are still other things going on in this world that might be alot more interesting than one more show and one more hour of hearing about Obama.    Please somebody give me a break!!!!!!

January 22, 2009, 1:09 pm CST

answer to ann coulter

Quote From: btlf47

It disgusts me to the core that this show has hit an all time low by allowing this scumbag, self righteous blabbermouth to have any air time at all.

Coulter  is a repugnant representative of the right, or anyone for that matter. I have shut the show off. I'm better for it today.

I am actually a single mother (divorced) - I have one well-adjusted child since his father and I do our very best to have a good relationship when we are around our son together. I also want to say that all children of divorce don't grow up to be strippers! I would not even consider that. I grew up wanting to get a better life for myself - an unhappy parent situation I had, but not unhappy life for the most part. I had good friends, teachers and most of all, I somehow managed to maintain a good inner self!! I don't believe you can generalize people - shame on you.

My son and I enjoy a wonderful life - I see how he thrives at school and how well he communicates with adults. I was like that too.

Sorry you feel the need to make such generalized statements. I hope you feel better soon.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | Next | Last