Message Boards

Topic : 01/22 President Obama: Hope vs. Reality

Number of Replies: 294
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 16, 2009, 02:55:17 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The inauguration party is over. What’s next for this country? Dr. Phil and his esteemed guests discuss their thoughts about the new presidency and what to expect in the next four years. How will the Obama presidency change our lives? Can he save this country from financial ruin? What does his economic stimulus plan mean to you at home? Can Obama live up to the hype -- or will our hopes be dashed? Inside Edition’s Deborah Norville recaps the highlights from the inauguration, and Ann Coulter, controversial author and conservative commentator, gives her opinions on President Barack Obama. Plus, a personal finance expert tells you what you need to know to get through these tough economic times, and more! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 16, 2009, 4:44 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Hope Obama Phil President Reality Verse. Doctor Phil we all know that President Barack OBama---

will live in the White House this year. See you on Thursday Janurary 22nd, 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell---

Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 19, 2009, 2:12 pm CST

obama

Quote From: hpmx59

Doctor Hope Obama Phil President Reality Verse. Doctor Phil we all know that President Barack OBama---

will live in the White House this year. See you on Thursday Janurary 22nd, 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell---

Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i think obama is the perfect president. he  is definately bringing chnge. let him have a chance he cant  do any more harm than the rest of the presidents .

January 20, 2009, 6:03 am CST

Republican youth!

Welcome to the real world! You were frightened because some Obama supporters did not know the issues or his stances well?!?!? I laughed , a deep LOL! You are young so you all can be forgiven, but as you experience more and more, you will discover that most people do not go deep and vote with their hearts. That is just reality. So young Republicans, you showed us all how young you really are, and if i were you, i would find out why your party allowed you two to embarrass yourselves on national tv !

January 21, 2009, 8:04 pm CST

Barak Obama is now YOUR President

He deserves that title.  Not "can Obama deliver":  No, he is not from Texas, but neither is 98% of the United States citizens.  He can and should be referred to as President Obama, whether you like it or not.

January 22, 2009, 5:48 am CST

Barak Obama is Biracial lets get this correct!!!!!

First and for most I can say this I AM PROUD TO BE AN AFRICAN AMERICAN? Why because if Barak Obama's mother can be Caucasian and is Father African American and he can be Labeled African American instead of BI-Racial then I am African American. Why I forgot history repeats it self  if you remember history if a White man,woman had relations with a Colored women,man of the African American descendant.  Their children where Slaves and not reorganized for the Caucasian in them didn't matter how many descendants down if you had Color in you,You where a slave.. Meaning you where African American.. So that is what I am, but I thought their was freedom now. If their is why are they labeling Barak African American. Why are they not saying he is Bi-Racial for unity??? So what his father is African American Barak is not! If he is isn't it because of his skin color.. because if he was born white what would he be then??? One would half to ask themselves that question you say we don't, well let me give you an example. My Great Grand father is black his Grandparents are black, My Grandmother is black my father is black and white... But my uncles very in color from pure white to deep dark and delicious.. Even my uncles kids children even though their moms are white their children are a  beautiful hew of rich skin tones black and beautiful hair.. My Father has an Afro.. so .. Should we still be labeled African American or Bi-racial?????? but I guess I would have to say I am African American.. because of the blood lines my father carries. just like Barak! So why are they playing it up so much he is African American so from now on when I fill out an application they ask what my race it I should put down African American. I never new what to put...  So what about my children.. ???? are they Indian as their father is French Indian so should I go get my Tax rights!!!! for my kids and my hubby??? It is burning in me Even though I love my race that they are using this First African American President when he truly is not. Both of his Parents are not African American... !!

January 22, 2009, 6:45 am CST

Very Disappointed

First time I ever turned off Dr. Phil - Cannot believe he provided a platform for that vituperous Ann Coulter on his show. She is nothing more than Rush Limbaugh in panties. This flavor of "conservative" commentators spew nothing more than hate mongering and divisivness. I found her denigrative referrals to our new President extremely offensive and I could not believe that Dr. Phil did not bring her to task for her behavior. I do not think I have ever seen Dr. Phil allow that sort of disrespectful retoric on any of his other shows and he certainly did not have this sort of gross political commentary following either of George W. Bush's inaugurations. Dr. Phil, please stick to helping real people with real problems and get away from this move toward yellow journalism.

January 22, 2009, 7:28 am CST

ashamed

I would like to think that Mr. Obama will deliver as he says he can, but for my money he's off to a bad start.  Anyone who allows 1.5 Million dollars to be spent on one inaugural in these tough times should be horse whipped.  I don't care where the money came from, only that it was spent.  There are people in this country who are homeless, hungry, have lost homes to foreclosure, lost jobs etc.  Personally I don't think we know nearly enough about this man to have put him in the White House.  Maybe it's my age showing, but I don't think so.  I have a son and daughter-in-law who are, at this time, waiting to scrape together 400 dollars to be able to claim bankruptcy.  Both are college graduates.  Why, you say?  Loss of jobs!!!!  Michigan is in distress and to see the free flowing money spent on one day for the inauguration was maddening.  May God bless us all as we transition to this "tax and spend" time!

KayLyn VanderVeen

January 22, 2009, 7:29 am CST

An Obvious Bush Fan

It's pretty obvious that Phil is a Bush fan. Both are from Texas, and of course, Texas has the best of everything. He's had Bush and his wife on the show as well.  Why he had the vitriolic, liberal-hating, rat-mouthed Ann Coulter on his show is beyond comprehension.  To give Coulter a forum to spew her crap is shameful.  Too bad.

January 22, 2009, 7:38 am CST

Well............

Quote From: jenna1968

First and for most I can say this I AM PROUD TO BE AN AFRICAN AMERICAN? Why because if Barak Obama's mother can be Caucasian and is Father African American and he can be Labeled African American instead of BI-Racial then I am African American. Why I forgot history repeats it self  if you remember history if a White man,woman had relations with a Colored women,man of the African American descendant.  Their children where Slaves and not reorganized for the Caucasian in them didn't matter how many descendants down if you had Color in you,You where a slave.. Meaning you where African American.. So that is what I am, but I thought their was freedom now. If their is why are they labeling Barak African American. Why are they not saying he is Bi-Racial for unity??? So what his father is African American Barak is not! If he is isn't it because of his skin color.. because if he was born white what would he be then??? One would half to ask themselves that question you say we don't, well let me give you an example. My Great Grand father is black his Grandparents are black, My Grandmother is black my father is black and white... But my uncles very in color from pure white to deep dark and delicious.. Even my uncles kids children even though their moms are white their children are a  beautiful hew of rich skin tones black and beautiful hair.. My Father has an Afro.. so .. Should we still be labeled African American or Bi-racial?????? but I guess I would have to say I am African American.. because of the blood lines my father carries. just like Barak! So why are they playing it up so much he is African American so from now on when I fill out an application they ask what my race it I should put down African American. I never new what to put...  So what about my children.. ???? are they Indian as their father is French Indian so should I go get my Tax rights!!!! for my kids and my hubby??? It is burning in me Even though I love my race that they are using this First African American President when he truly is not. Both of his Parents are not African American... !!

I was told that if an American has at least one drop of American Indian blood flowing through their veins, they are eligable for scholarships, quotas, etc.  I guess if one is half black...they can check the box....get it?

January 22, 2009, 7:39 am CST

01/22 President Obama: Hope vs. Reality

Quote From: nadine013

First time I ever turned off Dr. Phil - Cannot believe he provided a platform for that vituperous Ann Coulter on his show. She is nothing more than Rush Limbaugh in panties. This flavor of "conservative" commentators spew nothing more than hate mongering and divisivness. I found her denigrative referrals to our new President extremely offensive and I could not believe that Dr. Phil did not bring her to task for her behavior. I do not think I have ever seen Dr. Phil allow that sort of disrespectful retoric on any of his other shows and he certainly did not have this sort of gross political commentary following either of George W. Bush's inaugurations. Dr. Phil, please stick to helping real people with real problems and get away from this move toward yellow journalism.
And do you think that MSNBC and CNN aren't airing yellow journalism?

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last