Message Boards

Topic : 01/23 Behind the Headlines

Number of Replies: 47
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 16, 2009, 02:56:58 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil takes an in-depth look at unbelievable news stories that have captivated millions. Adam Herrman, 21, vanished from his Kansas home 10 years ago, but his adoptive parents, Doug and Valerie, only reported him missing last month! Dr. Phil talks to the young man’s biological parents, Gerri and Irvin, who haven’t seen each other in 22 years. What do they think happened to their child? Who’s to blame for the disappearance of Adam Herrman, and is there any chance that the young man is still alive? Nancy Grace, the host of Headline News, weighs in. Then, millions were inspired by the safe landing of USAirways Flight 1549, also dubbed the “Miracle on the Hudson.” Three passengers, Brad, Joshua and Denise, say they’re thankful to be alive, but they’re still haunted by memories of that fateful day. How can they deal with the psychological affects of the plane crash and move on with their lives? Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 16, 2009, 4:51 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Be Doctor Head Hind Lines Phil The. Is this the that Caylee Mother got arest in Florida. Doctor Phil. I sent-

you an article about Casey Anthony was arest in Florida, See you on Friday Janurary 23rd, 2009. Sincerley-

Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

January 23, 2009, 10:23 am CST

Ann Coulter

Re: your program w/Ann Coulter was spectacular.  I find her to be very knowledgeable on all topics to which she addresses.  I look forward to your having her return to speak on the subject of single mothers. 

Point  of information, I am a fan of Judge Judy and on yesterday's show, (January 22, 2009) it was revealed that the three young women before her had a total of eight children between them w/no fathers on board.

Perhaps this is what Ann was alluding to?

January 23, 2009, 10:41 am CST

01/23 Behind the Headlines

To Doug and Valerie;  Lie much???

You do not get eight children over the course of several YEARS taken away from you because your daughter had a bruise on her leg?  Man, I'm guessing you think everybodies as thick as you and easily buys your BS.   And there sits your dutiful husband Doug backing up your load of crap.   Disgusting the pair of you.   My husbands cousin took in foster children her whole life, never got a single one taken away.  Her, her husband and their own children loved those foster kids like they were there own.  Shame on both of you.  The law is catching up.  You'll not get away with what you did to that precious little boy.    Enjoy prison. 

January 23, 2009, 10:59 am CST

01/23 Behind the Headlines

Forgot to mention Valerie's sister.   This is for you my dear.

You saw Herman chained up and did nothing???   I have a sister, I would have confronted her directly and not asked, but told her, unchain him.  After she unchained him I would have called child services still.  I know you know Herman was being treated like a junkyard dog.  You saw other red flags, they're always are.   You KNEW she was an abusive person.  You KNEW it and didn't tell.    We have no children, but we know enough that we should respond when they're being mistreated.  Adults are here to protect children, because children cannot protect themselves.   Try to remember that.   Perhaps some self examination is order.  Take a long hard look at yourself,  you need help.   Go get it. 

I find people like you, your sister and husband are rarely salvageable.   Whatever,  the sick cycle continues.

January 23, 2009, 2:19 pm CST

Mad Mother

Ok Dr. Phil, I am very upset about what was said on ur show about nobody turning in the parents of Adam
My 2 children lived with there farther till they were between the age of 15 and 17. They go beat and my daughter was being molested by her own dad. I knew this I could feel it in my heart what was going on .I repored him time after time and nothing was never done about it because everytime someone would try to talk to the kids, it was always in front of there dad. so they would of course denigh  it fear of getting another lashing. When I would call and report the abuse they would just tell me that I was wrong because he was well respected in the town. So I just wanted to put my 2 cents in and tell u you can report abuse but nothing gets done. At the age of 15 my daughter talked her dad into letting her move back home with me. We taped conversations she had with him and he and his brothr was convicted of several counts od molestation on her. thrown there butts in jail where one is till severing time and the other was hung.

January 23, 2009, 2:28 pm CST

Adam Herrman

I think it is horrible what happened to this poor child. Yes, everyone failed this child. But I think it was wrong for Dr. Phil and Nancy Grace to tear into the biological parents. They had lost their rights when this child was abused by the adoptive parents. They were out of the child's life and could do no more for him. If anyone should be blamed it is the state for not keeping a watch on this child when they had red flags about this home.  The biological parents should not have been ripped into so much. For that matter I don't understand why they were even on the show.  They had lost the child 21 years ago.

This JMO!

January 23, 2009, 2:53 pm CST

BEFORE PEOPLE START

People are very quick to jump on someone for NOT doing anything.  Morally, yes ADAM should have been helped immediately, social service called.  BUT how many people see domestic violence happen daily?  I am sure most people - husband yelling at wife in a public place, a child getting spanked - do call the police when you see this happen?  Both examples are exactly the same thing - domestic violence in which child abuse falls under, yet most people will not interfere in either of these situations.  Is it right? Absolutely not.

So, before you jump on others for their lack of action, do me a favor, next time you see a child get smacked or spanked in public - CALL THE POLICE right than an there, report the abuse.  Because, hitting anyone is illegal and spanking IS hitting.  Once you take that oath to do that and report ALL abuse you see, than you can critise the lack of action of others.

January 23, 2009, 2:54 pm CST

Sysytem fails the children

I have 3 children and my ex husband and I got divorced when my youngest was 9 months old he remarried and told the judge that he had a job making over $40,000.00 a year and showed pictures of a house that he said they would live in if he got custody and got to move to AZ. well his now ex wife is willing to tell the truth that it was all a lie! I got my kids taken from me because I was in college! My 11 yr old tells me that her daddy has a grlfrnd 19 who he pays more attention to and that she has to take care of her brother and sister. I call child services they don't check up on anything! I called the police they don't do anything. I have been to court 3 times and the judge takes his side because he goes into a neighborhood and takes photos of a house that he says he lives in but really does not. What else really is there for me to do??? So when you easly say the police or child services will do something I don't know what I am doing wrong then!

Because in reality it is not all that simple!

January 23, 2009, 2:57 pm CST

The Miracle on the Hudson

I know this topic is about the missing boy but I couldn't find a place for the part of the show about the airplane going down.  I am very disappointed in Dr. Phil saying that it wasn't a miracle and that it was all because of the pilots and what they did that saved the lives of the people.  YES, the pilots did an AMAZING INCREDIBLE job but because and only because God was with them.  ONLY by the grace of God and He allowed a miracle to happen....and He used the pilots and gave them the wisdom and guided their actions!!  God deserves way more honor and glory than He got from Dr. Phil. 

January 23, 2009, 3:13 pm CST

Are those people for real? Flight 1549...

Dr. Phil mentioned about 4 issues, problems, diseases, etc. Maybe he should of said another one called Over Dramatization, or Over Reacting.. I mean really. I guess some people are stronger then others, some are mentally stronger then others. I mean Im sure there are Vietnam Vets who can hold it together better then those passengers... I just shake my head.... I mean reaaaaaaaaaally.....  The other passenger cant go into an airport now, whaaaat. Its not like they were at 38,000 feet, doing 700 miles an hour and then the plane starts to crash.. It were barely off the ground, and if everyone survived, i mean everyone it couldnt of been that bad.

These people are grown adults but act like kids. Maybe they want attention or money. Please nobody write a damn book on it...

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next | Last