Message Boards

Topic : 01/30 Shocking Headlines

Number of Replies: 18
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 23, 2009, 12:36:58 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Horrifying, enraging, downright shocking … words that come to mind as you read some of the biggest headline news stories that gripped the nation in the past few weeks. Go inside the lives of ordinary people and see what happens when they are thrown into the spotlight during a time of crisis and tragedy. From a husband demanding his estranged wife return the kidney he donated to her, to Drew Peterson taking a new fiancée while his wife, Stacy, remains missing, Dr. Phil and his panel of experts including host Nancy Grace, HLN and attorney Lisa Bloom, tackle these topics and more. Plus, don’t miss the latest twist in the Caylee Anthony case and hear firsthand what Casey Anthony's ex-fiancé has to say about the mom and daughter. Talk about the show here.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 30, 2009, 4:15 pm CST

Grandpa & suicide?

Gee, why do I get the feeling that this was a staged suicide attempt? If he had really wanted to off himself he could have done it much sooner before people had time to find him. I think it's another stunt just to look innocent which I do not believe the parents are. It was a STUNT!

January 30, 2009, 4:20 pm CST

Truly, not to be mean here but...........

Quote From: teeshack

I am so very upset with seeing so much crap about Dr. Phil and Robin. I was in the grocery store yesterday and low and behold there was a big thing on the front cover of a trash mag. I was talking to a couple behind me and they totally agree that enough is enough.

I love Dr. Phil and Robin and pray for them daily and wish them only the best in life. Keep you heads up and know that miracles do happen.

Teeshack

You actually pray for Dr. Phil and Robin everyday? I tend to pray for my family & loved ones and for those who are in trouble in some way such as a children who are suffering, a man I've just witnessed having a heart attack, the thousands of people who are losing their jobs, etc.. I think Dr. Phil and Robin have a pretty good life and not a worry in the world, there are so many deserving and needy people out their who need your prayers instead. On top of that, they are celebrities and with that comes the stupid gossip from the rags. I have a feeling they laugh at that and know there is nothing wrong with their marriage. He is a Psychologist after all. If only my husband and I had their problems!

January 31, 2009, 10:17 pm CST

Casey Anthony??

A question I have alway wondered and never found the answer to is how in the world could Casey afford a "nanny" that she continues to say took her child?  My understanding is that she was without a job...Something sounds fishy?  (As does a lot of her story!)

February 2, 2009, 4:00 pm CST

01/30 Shocking Headlines

Quote From: califgal

A question I have alway wondered and never found the answer to is how in the world could Casey afford a "nanny" that she continues to say took her child?  My understanding is that she was without a job...Something sounds fishy?  (As does a lot of her story!)
The "nanny" was just one of Casey's countless lies to mislead the police. She was too busy "partying" to ever have time for a job. Or, her own daughter. Whom she never really loved. She broke up with a boyfriend because he "loved" Caylee so much it made her jealous. Of her own child! What kind of a mother was she? Murdering her own child?

February 2, 2009, 4:12 pm CST

01/30 Shocking Headlines

Quote From: jewelsf

Gee, why do I get the feeling that this was a staged suicide attempt? If he had really wanted to off himself he could have done it much sooner before people had time to find him. I think it's another stunt just to look innocent which I do not believe the parents are. It was a STUNT!
I'm inclined to agree with you. I don't think he, or his wife, are "innocent" of covering for their daughter. Why would his wife, who was accustomed to seeing Caylee almost every day, let 30 days pass before reporting her missing? And, reporting that her daughter's car "smelled like death"? But, is this a "staged" suicide to divert suspicion away from him? And, his wife? Or, a real suicide attempt brought on by feelings of guilt?

February 2, 2009, 4:27 pm CST

01/30 Shocking Headlines

Quote From: katvia1

i think that Ernie Raines had every right to be upset about his daughter being engaged to a murder suspect. i think that she is stupid for putting her children in danger like that. i would be outraged.

i also feel very bad for Jesse Grund. he clearly did nothing. God bless you all and i hope it works out for all of you and your families.

Ernie Raines should have his daughter committed. If that's what it takes to keep her from becoming dead wife #3. Of course, Peterson might not wait until he's "free" to marry her. He might kill her anyway. And, how can Dr Phil say she's mentally competent? Everyone at least suspects Peterson of killing his fourth wife. And, exhuming his third wife's body and reexamining it proves she was didn't drown in an empty bathtub. No woman in her right mind would go anywhere near. Much less shack herself and her children up with him. Her involvement with him is beyond moronic.

February 5, 2009, 11:53 am CST

A problem with women?

Quote From: shmigelz

So funny to watch 2 woman attack 1 man on Dr. Phil. No matter what she did, no matter if she cheated, no matter that she should be dead by now, just because she had sex with him, had a couple kids, and years off of work sitting at home doing nothing or whatever you want, its ooooooooooooooooooooook.

I hope his kidney has a disease. What goes around comes around.

Im also dissappointed in Nancy Grace, she usually is un-biased but for some reason cause its a woman shes such a 1 sided person.

Wow, you really seem to have a severe problem with women! I have to assume that you've been burned in the past and are too immature to get over it and move on, like normal people. To wish a diseased kidney on someone is just sick.

Who cares what this woman chose to do while she was married, first of all we weren't there so how can we judge? You don't sue someone to get your kidney (gift of life) back because you were spurned. Over this last weekend my husband's ex wife was in a terrible car accident and broke her neck. She was extremely close to being paralyzed or even dead. She had left my husband for another man and although this hurt my husband very deeply he has never once spoken badly about her in front of his kids even now that they are grown. On top of that, he has gotten OVER it! He went on with his life. When we got the news of her car accident and the severity of it, both of us were very upset and frantic. My husband would NEVER wish anything bad on his ex wife, she is still the mother of his children and they did indeed once share a life together. I cried my eyes out over the news!

Grow up, get over it! And in the future stop wishing horrible things to happen to people. As you said "What goes around comes around".

February 10, 2009, 12:55 pm CST

It was staged!

Quote From: ramair

I'm inclined to agree with you. I don't think he, or his wife, are "innocent" of covering for their daughter. Why would his wife, who was accustomed to seeing Caylee almost every day, let 30 days pass before reporting her missing? And, reporting that her daughter's car "smelled like death"? But, is this a "staged" suicide to divert suspicion away from him? And, his wife? Or, a real suicide attempt brought on by feelings of guilt?
There are many reasons as to why this man would want to 'stage' a fake suicide attempt, one is to gain sympathy from the people. As I said, if he really wanted to pull this off then he would have. It can be done so quickly and to where no one will have a chance to find and stop them before they do it. But was found in the nick of time and stopped from offing himself, so it was nothing but a publicity stunt. I hope that he didn't gain any new sympathetic supporters from this, what a shame that would be.

First | Prev | 2 | Next Page | Last Page