Message Boards

Topic : 02/02 Rage Caught on Tape: The Follow Up

Number of Replies: 40
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, January 29, 2009, 07:32:07 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his look at rage. When Isabella first appeared on the show, cameras installed in her home captured outrageous behavior . Has she changed? Find out how she reacts when she hears what DrPhil.com message board writers posted about her. Isabella's mom, Mary, joins the show and gives insight into Isabella's childhood. Why does she feel her daughter's anger is like a cancer that could destroy her? Then, find out why Isabella says she feels like she could actually hurt someone. Dr. Frank Lawlis, Chairman of the Dr. Phil Advisory Board and author of The Stress Answer, reveals the results of Isabella's evaluation, which he conducted at his PNP Center. Will the findings shed light on why Isabella loses control? And, Stuart says his rage is like a train on a collision course, and he's fearful for what might happen. He unleashes on everyone from his family members to strangers. How will he react when he sees what it's like to be on the receiving end of his out-of-control anger? What's at the root of Stuart's behavior? Plus, if you feel a fit of rage coming on, don't miss the exciting feature on DrPhil.com that will help mellow your mood! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 2, 2009, 1:14 pm CST

02/02 Rage Caught on Tape: The Follow Up

Quote From: vmcdevitt1

Why is she wasting all this time???  She is obviously proud of being a b***h.  She needs to get over herself , get a life and GROW UP!!  She is also very self-centered and egotistical.  I don't want to waste my time watching  spoiled brats on Dr. Phil.   There are people out there with real problems who need real help!
This b***hiness didn't start with her hysterectomy. It started when her sister was born and she was no longer the center of her parents' attention. It doesn't help that her mother seemed to 'overlook" her behavior until it spiralled out of control. As for the classmates bullying her in high school over her being "too pretty for" them, she probably brought some of it on herself. By being so "full of" herself. This "full of herself" attitude came through on both shows. In the taped footage. And, in her interaction with Phil and his audience. As for being called a slut in high school, I'm not sure she wasn't one. She did admit using her "sexuality" to get her way with men. And, fits of "rage" to get her way with service providers. She does need to get over herself. It isn't all about you, toots.

February 2, 2009, 1:18 pm CST

Isaballa spent almost five years being the center of her parent's attention? And, was bullied her baby sister? I know someone who was an only child. Until his sister was born. And, was sent to an orphanage a year later. I wonder if he tried to harm his sister.

February 2, 2009, 1:28 pm CST

BPD

This woman has a Borderline Personality Disorder. It's obvious.

I was married to a BPD. She raged, she screamed, she hit me, she lied about me to friends and family...did anything to make me look like I was the cause of all her rage. I was just one of the many targets (family, bosses, customer service reps, strangers in parking lots)

The only way to deal with these folks is to understand that their rage is theirs --  to sympathize, empathize and then divide the truth from what is not true. And, disengage from their personal attacks.

February 2, 2009, 1:28 pm CST

Beauty is Skin Deep

Isabella needs to learn the truth about life before she has children or teach anyone about life.  If she ever called me she would have verbal assault charges filed againt her.  (That or I would just have fun at her expense.  (In which I do selfishly enjoy.))

February 2, 2009, 1:29 pm CST

Its to enjoyable watching a women that is threatened by others thoughts about her. Obviously something happened when she was younger.

February 2, 2009, 1:30 pm CST

Quote From: amandatinder

I missed the first part of the show today, and I was wondering if Dr. Phil addressed what to do if you find yourself on the receiving end of someone's rage. My boyfriend of 3 years is usually one of the kindest and funniest people I know, but, when we get into an argument, he often goes from 0 to 60 in nothing flat and flies into an uncontrollable rage. I've tried reasoning with him, but you can guess how that ended up. Once he's really lost it, even my crying seems to have no effect (in fact, sometimes, my crying seems to make him escalate even more).

Even though I know this is more about him than about me or us, I can't help blaming myself when he flies into a rage. I generally try to avoid getting into disagreements with him at this point because I can never tell when I'll hit a trigger that will set him off. Of course, this means that issues in our relationship never get resolved, so that's not good either.

My question is: what can I do once I have hit a trigger and he loses it? Is there anything I can say or do, or is it a lost cause once he hits a rage? How can I approach him about his rages without causing another rage?

Thanks for your help!

Read the book "I hate you, don't leave me." Learn SET

February 2, 2009, 1:51 pm CST

Quote From: shel3033

I think she (isabella) likes the attention .. honestly

and I hardly doubt she ever gets angry at her son
We haven't seen Isabella get angry at her son. Yet. But, maybe it's because he hasn't crossed her yet. When he does inevitably cross her, he might be no "safer" from her rage than the service providers she's always bullying over the phone. Isabella says she can "control" the direction of her rage, but who would want to treat anyone that way? Drs Phil and Lawliss assert that Isabella's rage is an "involuntary" response. So, suppose Isabella's son were to ever "trigger" one of these responses. Hopefully Dr Lawliss can "fix" Isabella's brain before one of these "involuntary reponses" lands her in jail.

February 2, 2009, 1:55 pm CST

needs to be put in place

this woman needs to  be put in her place.  she has never had anyone knock her teeth out thats the reason she keeps getting by with talking to people like she does.  she only talks that way to the people that she knows will  NOT  put her in her place .and befor u think i only say this cause it is a woman well id feel the same if it was a man.  a man cant get by with that kind of talk to others cause he knows what will happen.   why should a woman get by with it?   this has nothing to do with hormones  she was like this when she was a child   and she just got worse  BECAUSE NO ONE EVER PUT HER  IN HER PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 2, 2009, 2:02 pm CST

needs to be put in place

im not i violent person.   people just need to learn how to  respect others  right.  the way she has talked to people all her life tells me that her parents never taught her the meaning of the work respect.  she sure got that spoiled part daow though   lol.    thank you.

February 2, 2009, 2:07 pm CST

needs to be put in her place

sorry this message deals with rage caught on tape and that isabella woman   lol   sorry for the confusion.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | Next | Last