Message Boards

Topic : 02/02 Rage Caught on Tape: The Follow Up

Number of Replies: 40
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, January 29, 2009, 07:32:07 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil continues his look at rage. When Isabella first appeared on the show, cameras installed in her home captured outrageous behavior . Has she changed? Find out how she reacts when she hears what DrPhil.com message board writers posted about her. Isabella's mom, Mary, joins the show and gives insight into Isabella's childhood. Why does she feel her daughter's anger is like a cancer that could destroy her? Then, find out why Isabella says she feels like she could actually hurt someone. Dr. Frank Lawlis, Chairman of the Dr. Phil Advisory Board and author of The Stress Answer, reveals the results of Isabella's evaluation, which he conducted at his PNP Center. Will the findings shed light on why Isabella loses control? And, Stuart says his rage is like a train on a collision course, and he's fearful for what might happen. He unleashes on everyone from his family members to strangers. How will he react when he sees what it's like to be on the receiving end of his out-of-control anger? What's at the root of Stuart's behavior? Plus, if you feel a fit of rage coming on, don't miss the exciting feature on DrPhil.com that will help mellow your mood! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 2, 2009, 2:20 pm CST

02/02 Rage Caught on Tape: The Follow Up

Quote From: texmule1970

this woman needs to  be put in her place.  she has never had anyone knock her teeth out thats the reason she keeps getting by with talking to people like she does.  she only talks that way to the people that she knows will  NOT  put her in her place .and befor u think i only say this cause it is a woman well id feel the same if it was a man.  a man cant get by with that kind of talk to others cause he knows what will happen.   why should a woman get by with it?   this has nothing to do with hormones  she was like this when she was a child   and she just got worse  BECAUSE NO ONE EVER PUT HER  IN HER PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think it was when Isabella's "center of her parents' world" position ended with the birth of her sister, after almost five years of "only child" status. Isabella was so hateful to her sister I can't understand how their mother could just "overlook" it. Rather than nip it in the bud. An acquaintance of my husband was five when his sister was born. That's s long time to be the "only" one. This man's ex-wife told me that his parents placed him in an orphanage a year later. Makes me wonder if they feared that he'd harm his baby sister. It wouldn't surprise me. He's one of the most self-centered people I've ever met. Everything has got to go exactly his way or he'll literally start screaming profanities and obscenities.

February 2, 2009, 2:29 pm CST

Where I live, Isabella's "telephone manners" could land her in the back of a police cruiser, wearing handcuffs. Especially with so much evidence caught on tape. I've read, in our local weekly, of  people getting themselves arrested for using profanity and making "terroristic threats" over the phone.

February 2, 2009, 2:34 pm CST

Rage

I honestly don't balme this woman one bit.  Rage is good a for a person- it can actually be very healthy for a person. Not only that, but some people flat out deserve it. In fact,  I would be perfectly willing to say that most people deserve to recieve a hell of a rage sometimes. Face it- humans are generally a**holes. Whether we realize it, or whether we admit to it is a totally different matter, but taking a completely objective view of something will really make you think 'Oh crap, I'm an ass'. Most people can't or won't, though, and it is time somebody gets up and tells them to their face. Scream it at them, if that is what it takes. You are being an ass. And trust me when I say they are, and so they deserve it.

Yes, I'm cynical and fairly misanthropic, but that doesn't make me wrong.

February 2, 2009, 2:54 pm CST

Quote From: chasity8133

i can totally relate to Isabella. There are times that i to cannot control my rage. And whomever i'm around, my husband or strangers, are the ones to hear it. And i'm sure that if everyone is totally honest, there are times to they say things that are to harsh or unnecessary. Some of the viewers comments and some made by you Dr. Phil, out of line. Don't be to hard on her.
In my opinion, there is a difference between "anger" and "rage." Of course, being human, we all get angry sometimes and may say things we shouldn't say. Rage, however, just seems like the next level of anger--the part of anger that you can't control, and that's not normal. I'm not saying this to be judgmental, because really...I am on the outside looking in, but anger is normal. Every human being gets angry sometimes, but rage is an overload of anger that the person cannot control, and I don't understand what would be normal about that. I mean, it would seem that if it were normal, we wouldn't need anger management classes. I cannot say that I totally relate to Isabella, but I do wish her and her family well.

February 2, 2009, 4:17 pm CST

Isabella

Isabella is such a beautiful woman but her personality makes her so ugly.  If she would change her attitude a little her beauty would shine through.

February 2, 2009, 5:22 pm CST

private rage-aholic

this show was perfect timing for me. i see myself in both guests...sort of a hybrid of the two of them. like the first guest, my trigger is also that moment when someone presumes to weild some control over me or tell me something i already know...it makes me feel like they think i'm stupid and i HATE that feeling. but like the second guest, sometimes i fly off in a complete rage suddenly, usually in situations where i feel a need to defend myself or my honor in some way. the difference with me is that i never do that in front of other people. if i'm in front of other people and i feel it coming on i'll internalize it and rage about it later when i'm alone, often inflicting physical violence upon myself because i don't know how else to release those feelings of utter frustration that incite the rage-a-thon. even today something happened at work when i got defensive...though not raging about it...when someone questioned my ability to do my job, a job i take great pride in, a job i am over qualified to do and the other person knows nothing about. i wanted to tell the other person off so badly, but i couldn't. i tried keeping my mouth shut, but that didn't work. i tried calmly responding, but that didn't work either. nothing EVER works for me. and in the end, i feel like i'm the bad guy and a terrible person...and i really don't like myself because of it. i listned to dr. lawless's clip and it made me cry?!? and that in itself makes me angry...

i was relieved, and somewhat saddened to see that other people go through this. i just don't know what to do about it...

February 2, 2009, 6:15 pm CST

Isabella needs to be on an island all alone

I really don't understand why Dr Phil would allow this woman back on the stage. She just wants to justify her behavior. I too have had a total hysterectomy, I too was picked on my whole life but not for being "beautiful" but for being fat and unpopular. I haven't acted like her ever in my life. She's just a total Bi#*h and wants to show the world that she owns it. At least she thinks she does. Her poor child, her husband needs to take that child and run as fast as he can.

February 2, 2009, 7:14 pm CST

Is Dr. Phil missing something?

Has dr. phil explored INTERMITTENT EXPLOSIVE DISORDER???

besides her lack of empathy she seems to match this disorder to the T

February 2, 2009, 8:14 pm CST

How ridiculous

I have to say.  It infuriated me when Isabella said the reason she's so bitter toward others is because she was picked on in school.  I was made fun of in the 5th grade, too!  I wasn't picked on for being beautiful, nor was I picked on for being overweight or unattractive.  I was picked on for having cerebral palsy.  Imagine that!  It got so bad that I dreaded going to school at all b/c I knew what awaited me when I got there.  I went home everyday crying because I didn't understand what I did to deserve it.  Looking back I didn't do anything!  There comes a time as an adult when you have to put the past behind you.  Just because I got treated that way in elementary doesn't give me the right to treat others with such malice and disrespect as an adult, like Isabella.  She needs to get a grip on things and GET OVER HERSELF! 

Furthermore, for her to yell obscenities to the person on the phone with her son in the room proves what kind of person she is. If she had no regard for her son, then she has no regard for anyone-which she admitted. I wonder if she's ever heard the phrase, "you get more with sugar than you do with salt."  I can promise her if I was on the receiving end of that phone conversation, she'd be yelling to a dial tone.

February 2, 2009, 8:32 pm CST

Quote From: shel3033

I think she (isabella) likes the attention .. honestly

and I hardly doubt she ever gets angry at her son
She very well may be doing it to get attention too, but I think it is in her nature to be malicious.  Thank goodness we didn't see her get angry at her son.  However, she got angry with the service providers infront of him, which I think is just as damaging.  He's learning his behavior from her, unfortunately.  I sincerely hope he never has to physically suffer her fits of rage.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | Next | Last