Message Boards

Topic : 06/24 For Better or Worse?

Number of Replies: 28
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 30, 2009, 02:18:02 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/05/09) When a couple gets married, they recite the vows, "To love, honor and cherish for better or worse." But with a 50 percent divorce rate in America, do newlyweds really take these words to heart? Lancine wrote the show because she and her sisters want Dr. Phil to talk some sense into their mother, also named Lancine.  The daughters are concerned because their mother, who is wealthy and owns three homes, left her husband for another man and now lives in a tent! The senior Lancine says she enjoys her life in the portable home more than living in the house and in an unhappy marriage, but her daughters say she's acting out of puppy love and might soon regret her choices. Do the girls have valid concerns, or are they overreacting to their mother's behavior? Then, Matthew had an affair with his employee and lost his job while his wife, Libby, was pregnant. He says he made the biggest mistake of his life, but does he understand the gravity of his behavior? Libby says she was devastated to learn her husband was living a secret life for almost a year. You won't believe what she learned from Matthew’s mistress! Will she forgive her spouse and salvage their relationship? Dr. Phil tells her what she must do for herself and her children. Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

June 24, 2009, 3:56 pm CDT

Women And Loyalty

A Woman Is Only As Loyal As Her Options.

June 24, 2009, 4:00 pm CDT

Divorce

I hope the woman takes some time away from her husband in order to figure out how she really feels. Right now she is angry and needs time and so does her husband to realize what he really did to her. If i were her I would most definitely need to get away. I would probably take my kids with me or take them to their grandparents. I hope she can make the right decision for her and her kids. Her husband doesnt realize what he did and how he broke and shattered their relationship. If she cant get overcome the issue then she must get a divorce because the house is not emotionally stable. That is a horrible place to live with children because they will see no love or examples between their parents. Trust me i would know.

June 24, 2009, 4:04 pm CDT

06/24 For Better or Worse?

Quote From: answerwmistres

I was able to "Get Over it" after all my questions were answered.  The mistress is the one who you need to sit down in a public place and talk too.  Matt has lied to you in the past, so what is stopping him now.  They always tell you what you want to hear but never what you should know.  All your answers are in your heart and in the other womans head.  This is a clasic case of once a cheat always cheat.  Do you really want your children to grow up like their father?  We are suppose to teach our children right from wrong.  Remember, there are consequences for ones actions.

i agree completely! When my father hit my mother i will never forgive him. I do not trust him no matter how nice hes trying to be to me or my mother. My mother is in an abusive relationship iwht no way out. She thinks about divorce often but never makes a move. at the same time she never tries to solve the problems in her relationship. They've been arguing over the same things for 20 years now im 19 going on twenty and im sick of it and never want to be like them. When a child is in teh mix i believe that the child will grow up just like them or the complete opposite.

i wish those kids luck. Luckily they look to young to be able to remember this experience so hopefully they will not be hurt.

June 24, 2009, 4:05 pm CDT

Forgive?

I rarely partake in essage boards like this, but I couldn't help myself after watching today. The last guests Dr Phil had on he  more or less advised the women to stay with a proven cheater because she didn't want to have to tell her kids she divorced him when she was mad.

I come from a family in which my father had an affair and my mother chose to leave. I don't think I could have a relationship with either one of my parents had my mother chosen to stay. The message that parent's sent to their children by staying with a cheating spouse is unacceptable. They are teaching their children that loyalty and faithfulness are mere words and unvalued in a relationships. They are teaching their children that they were not worth demanding honesty and commitment from their partner. Children will always find out the truth, and to find out one of your parents didn't have the courage or the love for you to raise you with good role models is unexcuseable.

June 24, 2009, 4:05 pm CDT

sorry i inderstand

Quote From: catwolfe

I just watched the show.  Some people live in tents and/or small campers because they have no other choice.   I know because I was one of those people.  I fit at the beginning of this so called economic down turn.  A relationship of 17 years went belly up along with my bank accounts.  I lost my home, car and income.  I went from tent to a very small camper after the tent was destoried in a freak storm. ( I thought it was a step up) Living like that isn't easy or fun as your guest seemed to acknowledge.  You live from pay to pay.  In my case after almost 3 years, I was forced to become a full blown burden on my youngest daughter.  My thoughts of starting over and making it on my own failed. I was injured on the job at one of the few minimum wage jobs I could get.  No Comp., no insurance, no income and no other help available. I know there are more people out there of my generation that have lost everything for one reason or another and living anywhere they can and some not wishing to live at all.  So what do you do?

I understand but I also understand the concern of the daughters for their mother, they don't want her to be used or hurt... because some people would even go up to mudering to benefit from a so called loved one!  Now being poor doesn't make a person a criminal or a bad person.

I am sorry if some people attitude is so hurtful when it comes to such serious matters, the society just think that people deserve those situations or don't try hard enough to get out of them. sad and not true.

June 24, 2009, 4:10 pm CDT

For Better Or Worse

I can totally understand where this ladys coming from. I left my husband, my beautiful house in a middle class neighborhood. All to live in a one room apartment on the other side of town, i even applied to live in a housing project. This woman has a peace of mind when she lays down at night. My husband was verbally abusive and threating and i finally couldnt take it anymore. The only problem i have with this story besides the tent, she left her husband for another man. When i left my husband i left for me

June 24, 2009, 4:12 pm CDT

06/24 For Better or Worse?

Quote From: answerwmistres

I was able to "Get Over it" after all my questions were answered.  The mistress is the one who you need to sit down in a public place and talk too.  Matt has lied to you in the past, so what is stopping him now.  They always tell you what you want to hear but never what you should know.  All your answers are in your heart and in the other womans head.  This is a clasic case of once a cheat always cheat.  Do you really want your children to grow up like their father?  We are suppose to teach our children right from wrong.  Remember, there are consequences for ones actions.

I totally agree, it is hard to determine what to do. The truth is to get the feelings out and then assess the situation without tabou. Then we determine what is in our best interest, if we can be happy with that person knowing what happened or not!

June 24, 2009, 4:51 pm CDT

wrong message

Blessings Dr. Phil,

I watched your show today and I must say that I usually agree with you, but today I got upset with your advice to the woman who's husband cheated on her. I was surprised when you told her that her children will blame HER for leaving daddy. What should she tell the children when or if they ask why she left daddy? She should tell them the truth. As you always say children are smart and more equipped to handle the truth than most adults. Her husband disrespected her, the children and their vows. By writing that letter to the mistress he out right admitted that he has no respect for his wife or his children not to mention the marriage. Believe me Dr. Phil, there are thousands of children who grow up to be healthy, loving, caring and successful adults without dads in the house, especially cheating ones.

Respectfully,

Vanessa

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | Next Page | Last Page