Message Boards

Topic : 06/15 What's Wrong with Men?

Number of Replies: 71
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 30, 2009, 02:19:58 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/06/09) Dr. Phil addresses the question all women want to know the answer to: What’s wrong with men? With the help of Time magazine writer and comedian Joel Stein, Dr. Phil tries to solve the mystery of what makes men tick. First up, single ladies Shannon, Emily and Caroldean all have a gripe -- or 10 -- about men! They face off with Christopher, Kayo and Marcus, self-proclaimed jerks who want to explain their point of view. Watch sparks fly as the singles debate dating, sex and relationships. Then, Kaydee says her husband of six years, Mike, is broken, and she can’t find the “man”ual. He won’t bring her flowers, he won’t buy her cards, he won’t even take out the trash! You won’t believe the reason Mike gives for being romantically challenged. And, don’t miss the couple’s hilarious home videos about what really annoys them about each other. Plus, Dr. Phil dispels the myths about men. What is fact and what is fiction? You may be surprised! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

January 30, 2009, 4:30 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Is Men Phil With What Wrong.. My Question to you what is wrong with you and Robin latley? See yo-

u on  Friday Feburary 06th, 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.--------------------------------------------------

February 5, 2009, 2:01 pm CST

02/06 What's Wrong with Men?

My husband does have some things wrong with him. He is a man, after all! LOL But, he does have plenty of things right with him, too. Yesterday, he was walking into the bathroom when Rachel Ray said, after the break, she would have the "most beautiful woman in the world" on. "I've got to see this," my husband said. So, when the break was over, he came out of the bathroom, took one look at this women and said "She is not. My wife is."

February 5, 2009, 5:56 pm CST

What's wrong with men? That's easy...everything they say and everything they do!!! HA!!!!!!!!

February 6, 2009, 7:49 am CST

Men

I think the men on the show today were being a little over the top. But in my relationship I am the man and it drives him crazy. I think men get a bad rap in the world. One day these men will find the right one and settle down. But why should they have to get married when they are having sex and fun? They will know when to settle down. And why do they get such a bad rap for being who they are? Just use protection.....or you could die and that isnt fun.

February 6, 2009, 8:51 am CST

I once read in blog from one of my male friends that men look to have 4 basic needs met in a relationship; Food, sex, companionship, sleep, and they will do anything to get it. We as women look to have different needs met thus allowing us to have a more symbiotic relationship. In theory, it seems to work, but I have noticed it only works in cases where there is a great understanding of the social contract between two people. I have also noticed Men tend to relate better to John w. Thibaut and Harold H. Kelly's Exchange Theory; it states that relationships can be understood in terms of the exchange of rewards and costs that take place during the individuals' interactions. Therefore, I think men need to educate themselves on the needs of women and how to keep one. We women are researching; it takes two baby!

February 6, 2009, 10:44 am CST

A Jerk-o-thon!

OMG, those guys up on that stage today were such jerks and so clueless it was incredible! They were truly ugly from the inside out!! 

But, here's the thing, ladies:  The question was asked why men don't want to get married and I knew the answer before it was said.....a long time ago the expression was: "why buy the cow when you get the milk free?" In other words, you girls are so anxious to have a man at any cost that you devalue yourself from the age of puberty on up by giving in to any guy who whispers a few bull crap words into your ears...so, why should he take on the responsibility of marriage and all that goes with it when he gets all the benefits without any of that?? You cook for him, do his laundry, sleep with him, put up with his crap every day..and he gets to leave whenever he wants to and never has to put up with YOU!

This is what you get.  What was on that stage was typical, not the exception!  

February 6, 2009, 11:56 am CST

Quote From: doomsdaydiva

What's wrong with men? That's easy...everything they say and everything they do!!! HA!!!!!!!!
 The same could be said about some women. And, probably will be if Dr Phil comes through with that "What's Wrong With Women" show he "promised" to the men.

February 6, 2009, 12:06 pm CST

Quote From: cndrlla

OMG, those guys up on that stage today were such jerks and so clueless it was incredible! They were truly ugly from the inside out!! 

But, here's the thing, ladies:  The question was asked why men don't want to get married and I knew the answer before it was said.....a long time ago the expression was: "why buy the cow when you get the milk free?" In other words, you girls are so anxious to have a man at any cost that you devalue yourself from the age of puberty on up by giving in to any guy who whispers a few bull crap words into your ears...so, why should he take on the responsibility of marriage and all that goes with it when he gets all the benefits without any of that?? You cook for him, do his laundry, sleep with him, put up with his crap every day..and he gets to leave whenever he wants to and never has to put up with YOU!

This is what you get.  What was on that stage was typical, not the exception!  

I already knew the answer, too. A cousin of mine, before he settled down and got married, had quite a few "girlfriends" willing to give him all the "free milk" he wanted. I wonder what they expected in return. If it was marriage, they were wasting their time. That old adage is still true. "Why buy the cow...?"

February 6, 2009, 12:23 pm CST

Tell me you were joking, Dr Phil...

when you "suggested" that Emily go out with Kayo. LOL.
But, all joking aside, Dr Phil was even-handed today. Didn't take the women's side. Or, the men's.
He was even fair to the "romantically-challenged" husband. Go to the grocery store and buy her a card and some roses, yes.
But he told the wife what she needed to hear, too. Quit being just a mother. Go back to being a wife and lover.
That's what's wrong with so many marriages. Wives, and many husbands, too, become so busy being parents that they're no longer lovers. As a rabbi pointed out on another show I watched today, in unhealthy marriages, the children always come first. It's a romance killer.

February 6, 2009, 12:25 pm CST

All 3 women are right

i am a single woman who started dating again after 18 yrs and have dated 6 men. I found they were either liars or wanted mommies.  They didnt want to go out . They'd rather sit in front of the TV and watch sports.  And we as women are supposed to be having a good time?  Then after a night of making us board they will try to get us into bed .  Yea right.  The nice guy isnt out there anymore and personally i have more fun going out with the girls and flirting.

I have a favorite saying and it goes....Men are stupid and women are crazy....And women are crazy because men are stupid.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last