Message Boards

Topic : 06/15 What's Wrong with Men?

Number of Replies: 71
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 30, 2009, 02:19:58 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/06/09) Dr. Phil addresses the question all women want to know the answer to: What’s wrong with men? With the help of Time magazine writer and comedian Joel Stein, Dr. Phil tries to solve the mystery of what makes men tick. First up, single ladies Shannon, Emily and Caroldean all have a gripe -- or 10 -- about men! They face off with Christopher, Kayo and Marcus, self-proclaimed jerks who want to explain their point of view. Watch sparks fly as the singles debate dating, sex and relationships. Then, Kaydee says her husband of six years, Mike, is broken, and she can’t find the “man”ual. He won’t bring her flowers, he won’t buy her cards, he won’t even take out the trash! You won’t believe the reason Mike gives for being romantically challenged. And, don’t miss the couple’s hilarious home videos about what really annoys them about each other. Plus, Dr. Phil dispels the myths about men. What is fact and what is fiction? You may be surprised! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 6, 2009, 12:34 pm CST

whats wrong with men

LOTS THATS WHATS WRONG ONE QUESTION WAS ALL MEN THINK ABOUT SEX. VERY TRUE THATS ALL THEY EVER TALK ABOUT.I CAN GIVE YOU LOTS ABOUT WHATS WRONG WITH MEN

1,THERE SLOPPY

2.SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX

3.THEY NEVER TAKE YOU OUT AND WHEN THEY DO YOU PAY NOT THEM

4,MOST MEN I HAVE BEEN AROUND WANT MORE THEN JUST ME

5.THEY ARE SO INSUCURE

6.THEY LIE

7.THEY CHEAT

8.THEY WANT YOU TO DO EVERYTHING

9.YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT THEM

10.THEY DRINK A LOT

11.THEY DONT KNOW MUCH

AND I CAN GIVE YOU A LOT MORE ABOUT WHATS WRONG WITH MEN BUT I WONT BORE YOU.AND IM SORRY DR.PHIL THE QUESTION ABOUT  DO MEN ALWAY THINK ABOUT SEX YOUR WRONG DR.PHIL THEY ALL DO AND THATS ALL I HAVE RAN INTO AND IF YOU DONT LAY THEM THEY SAY GOOD-BYE.I HAVE TALKED TO A FEW MEN IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT TO CALL THEM.THEIR NOT MEN THEY ARE JERKS.ALL I HAVE BEEN ASK IS WHERES YOUR BVEDROOM.OR HOW DO YOU LIKE DOING IT.AND IF I SAY I WONT LAY THEM THEY WALK AWAY AND GET SOMEONE ELSE THAT WILL.

WHATS WRONG WITH MEN EVERYTHING

WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD GUYS WENT.

OR THEY THINK THEY ARE SO GOOD AND THERE NOT.THEY WON'T HELP AROUND THE HOUSE.THEY WONT COOK.THEY DONT TAKE YOU OUT.I HAVE NEVER GOT FLOWERS,OR BIRTHDAY CARD,NOTHING.

CUDDLES05

February 6, 2009, 12:46 pm CST

02/06 What's Wrong with Men?

If these women work for a living then what's wrong with going Dutch? For you younguns it means you both pay or split the bill. My first date with my current wife went thst way, it was her idea.

February 6, 2009, 12:53 pm CST

question

Hi,

As I was watching the show today, one of the guys on the show said that he knew on a first date whether or not the girl would be good for a long term thing or not right away.  I wanted to honestly just know how that is.  He said that women don't know the same thing about a guy on a first date because she is too emotional.  I am not a 'man-hater', but I have been hurt in relationships and I am just confused.  I would like to know how a guy would know this right away?  In my experience, it is sometimes really hard to tell everything about someone the first time you meet them. 

Plus, I think it is too bad that one of the guys said he is only looking for short, sexual relationships, but he doesnt let the woman know that.  He actually kind of leads them on to believe something else.  I agreed when Caroldean said that he should be honest about what he is looking for.  How can he expect for a woman that he is dating to not be confused as he said, when he is not being as forthright as he could? 

February 6, 2009, 12:55 pm CST

Those Guys

Quote From: cndrlla

OMG, those guys up on that stage today were such jerks and so clueless it was incredible! They were truly ugly from the inside out!! 

But, here's the thing, ladies:  The question was asked why men don't want to get married and I knew the answer before it was said.....a long time ago the expression was: "why buy the cow when you get the milk free?" In other words, you girls are so anxious to have a man at any cost that you devalue yourself from the age of puberty on up by giving in to any guy who whispers a few bull crap words into your ears...so, why should he take on the responsibility of marriage and all that goes with it when he gets all the benefits without any of that?? You cook for him, do his laundry, sleep with him, put up with his crap every day..and he gets to leave whenever he wants to and never has to put up with YOU!

This is what you get.  What was on that stage was typical, not the exception!  

I think we miss the point to a topic at times. Those guys clearly classified themselves as jerks and that is the end of the classification. What we all don't accept is that people are different and so are their attitude about most things. The biggest word that is used in relationships with two people is "compromise", yet we fail to do it with conviction. Too many of us walk into a relationship with the relationship of the past in "the front" of our minds. We cannot relive the past only try to live the future. So many times I watch this show and totally disagree with the general classifications thrown about. When women meet a man such as myself it scares the hell out of them because they are too accustomed with the everyday jerks from around the corner. I'm not perfect and no one is, we just strive for perfection and while doing so, we take others in consideration.

Let's stop the name calling and give each INDIVIDUAL a chance.

February 6, 2009, 12:55 pm CST

just a young girl without a clue

Hey,
I watched the show today and the jerks on stage just made me think of most the men and women i have been with. Now I know we're talking about men but im bisexual and i can say when it comes to picking 'em (men or women) im absolutely terrible at it and self sacrificing as well. I do anything for men/women if I think they like me and I continually loose sight of who i am when im in any relationship! Does anyone have any advice on how i can be more independent, confident, and quit relying on men/women to make me feel like im worth something?!?!

February 6, 2009, 1:09 pm CST

Thank you, DR Phil...

... for pointing it out to Kaydee, who wants cards, flowers, and gifts from Mike, that romance takes two. That he should be buying her cards and flowers. Even if they're just from the grocery store. But, has she been so busy being a mother that she's quit being a lover?
My husband  has a  friend,  Ed, whose wife , Pam , complained to him , when she saw him shopping for my Valentine's Day card, that she never got any cards from her husband. But, she doesn't deserve any.
She's a "wife" in name only. She moved her granddaughter, a spoiled rotten only child who expects entire world to revolve around her, in with her,  and Ed. Into his house, by the way!
And, Pam wasn't even living in the same house with Ed when she complained to my husband about the cards. She had moved out. With her granddaughter, of course!
I'll bet, when she, and her granddaughter are living with Ed, Pam isn't sleeping in the same room with him. She's sleeping in her granddaughter's room.
I think my husband would like to "save" Pam and Ed's marriage. Ed has tried. But, only Pam can save it. By sending her granddaughter home. To her real parents.
Until she becomes more than a "wife" in name only, Pam shouldn't expect any cards from Ed. I wonder  if she's ever given him a card? I doubt it. I'll bet she gives her  granddaughter plenty of cards, though!

February 6, 2009, 1:19 pm CST

married couple

Dr. Phil, what i was most impressed with in your show "against" men, (tongue in cheek), was how happy the married couple were. Family, children and real love seemed to transcend the issues and they seemed genuinely happy and loving of one another. I must admit that men,(most), get a bit lazy in the relationships and need to be prompted and sometimes nagged at. When you realize that your women requires certain standards from you, take note because it doesn't go away. Get those things done and allow more time for yourselves. Sometimes it results in her "so called" permission to watch sports or go out with the guys. None the less it results in mutual respect.
           On the singles, when i was single I always paid no matter what, sometimes i didn't get any. I always paid and held the door and gave the up umbrella. You really picked some losers for the guys. To the women, don't lose hope the good men are out there, your not looking in the right area's, I'm growing one right now he's 22 and if i've done anything right he's one of the "good ones'.

February 6, 2009, 1:27 pm CST

NOTHING is wrong with men

This is defiantly a very steriotypical debate. Every man is differnt. The reason what we find problems in men, is just the same we find problems with other women. They socialize differnetly than you do. Women need to set their standards higher. By that i dont mean finding a guy with a great job, or amazing looks. I mean that they need to be caring, and willing to set time aside from their lives to take care of you when you need them to. You may not belive in fairy tale relationships because everyone argues, but you can have the picture perfect relationship as long as you find the right guy. If they dont want to change for you, then get rid of them. Women try to hard to find what society has deemed the perfect relationship. There is no such thing. It doesnt matter what anyone else thinks of that guy. Its if you can work with their flaws and realize you have your own, youll soon come to realize.. they think somethings wrong with us too somedays.. they just dont complain about it.

February 6, 2009, 1:33 pm CST

Change

Quote From: doomsdaydiva

What's wrong with men? That's easy...everything they say and everything they do!!! HA!!!!!!!!
 How can we expect to achieve better if we continue to think the worst. Until the end of time one sex will continue to talk down the other, because both sexes ARE different . When you find a good man don't break him, nurture him and he will continue to BE a good man.  There are still good men out here/there, find them and truly love them and stand back in awe at what lengths he will go to to love you. Also too many of us have unrealistic expectations, we forgot that we get what we give. We mistake kindness and appreciation for free-loading, stop free-loading. Chivalry and help-meet is mistaken for slavery, slavery is abolished. Do remember to do unto others as we wish to be unto ourselves.

February 6, 2009, 1:34 pm CST

It Takes Two

Women wouldn't gripe about men if they were making the correct choices in partners. I work with young children and take particular interest in encouraging girls to find interests that have absolutely nothing to do with finding approval from boys. There is still a message in this post-feminist society that a woman needs to find worth in being a wife and mother first and foremost. If women found fulfilment in their own lives and interests and discarded the lie that loneliness and self-worth is ONLY found in a partnership with a broken and unworthy male, then we could start partnering to solve a lot of the gender role issues we have in our society.

Listen, women have choices in America. They choose to allow themselves to gravitate towards men that need to be "fixed" and the media perpetuates this "romantic" idea that there is "the one" for women who will all of a sudden change his dastardly ways because of how special this one woman is. PLEASE!!!

If women want to get married they need to fix themselves first. Learn self esteem, priorities, responsibility. I'm tired of hearing women blame men for their own incapacity to make an educated, sensible choice. Even if I believed that there are "no good men left" I wouldn't sit around whining about it. I would have to ask myself,"If I am imprisoned by a hyperbole, shouldn't I be asking myself a few questions about my choices?"

I'm not a huge fan of Dr. Laura, but she was right about one thing: women are more concerned about who is choosing them than who they are choosing.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last