Message Boards

Topic : 06/15 What's Wrong with Men?

Number of Replies: 71
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 30, 2009, 02:19:58 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/06/09) Dr. Phil addresses the question all women want to know the answer to: What’s wrong with men? With the help of Time magazine writer and comedian Joel Stein, Dr. Phil tries to solve the mystery of what makes men tick. First up, single ladies Shannon, Emily and Caroldean all have a gripe -- or 10 -- about men! They face off with Christopher, Kayo and Marcus, self-proclaimed jerks who want to explain their point of view. Watch sparks fly as the singles debate dating, sex and relationships. Then, Kaydee says her husband of six years, Mike, is broken, and she can’t find the “man”ual. He won’t bring her flowers, he won’t buy her cards, he won’t even take out the trash! You won’t believe the reason Mike gives for being romantically challenged. And, don’t miss the couple’s hilarious home videos about what really annoys them about each other. Plus, Dr. Phil dispels the myths about men. What is fact and what is fiction? You may be surprised! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 6, 2009, 2:07 pm CST

02/06 What's Wrong with Men?

About the women who did not get cards or flowers ,

I raised 8kids and never did i have diapers on the floor .that is just plain nasty.

i was only 9 years older than my oldest stepchild,

So maybe if you keep the trash up you might get thins you want ,,

LIFE IS HARD IF YOU MAKE IT THAT WAY<

February 6, 2009, 2:08 pm CST

help!

i have been with my boyfriend (baby's daddy) for three years now.  we have a beautiful 2 year old boy, whom which i am also in love with!

i have been begging to get married, but he keeps tellin me that he wants to wait! for what??? nothing would change, we live together with my beautiful son. i cook, clean, take care of our son, manage bills, everything, while he works and most of all i love him with all my heart, i want to spend the rest of my life with him.

why is he procastinating?

i almost feel like i'm not doing good enough or that i'm not the one.

i'm 23 and i feel like my clock is ticking, yes i'm young, but it's been three years!! i think i have committed myself fully to him, has he not?

like i said i love him more than words can describe, and we have a son. it's not like i can up and leave him. so i don't know what to do. should i ask him tomarry me, and risk the fact he may say no???

MEN ARE COMPLICATED!

February 6, 2009, 2:29 pm CST

My theory

I grew up with 6 brothers, so from those experiences comes my theory. "Testosterone destroys brain cells!" Before puberty boys can show there true feelings and emotions. Once the testosterone kicks in they completely forget how to think like a human being, and it only gets worse the older they get.

February 6, 2009, 2:31 pm CST

Quote From: ramair

The same could be said about some women. And, probably will be if Dr Phil comes through with that "What's Wrong With Women" show he "promised" to the men.

woman are all crazy

you may not be as crazy as the one beside you

but you are all crazy

February 6, 2009, 2:36 pm CST

just finished watching the show and i could not believe the hatred in emily

she is never going to find a boyfriend or husband with the attitude that she has

total man hater

if she was in a bar she would probably hook up with one of the guys on the show

because she is so into material things and that is easy to show off

maybe drop the attitude and you will meet someone genuine

February 6, 2009, 2:40 pm CST

You want to know what's wrong with men?

In a nutshell, they're either too soft or too hard. There's no middle ground. Either they're pathetic and can't even muster up the courage to ask you out, or they're cocky and arrogant and can't keep it in their pants! The worst part is the soft ones care too much and it's a turn off, and the hard don't care at all.
Even when I was in a relationship with my at-the-time boyfriend (now we're married), guys would hit on me all the time and they didn't care that I was taken. They wanted me more and even when they knew I wasn't interested they pushed and pushed and just took what they wanted AND THEN LEFT! They didn't even want to be with me. They just wanted to get in my pants. It's all a game to them. Eventually they grow up, for the most part, but look at the harm they've done on their way. Ladies, don't let men control you! You pick who you want to be with and turn the rest down. Nothing wrong with being a b****.

February 6, 2009, 2:41 pm CST

I thought it was only me

I am so glad this topic has been discussed.. For so long I thought it was just me, but after viewing the show I realize that is not just me. Like the three women on the show,  I am a bright intelligent woman handling my own. It's now where you meet them or where there approach you.  I was in church the one place you might think you are safe and approached by a gentlemen who  turned out to be combination of all the men on the show.  So, where are the good men ?  Where are the men who know how to hold a job, handle the bills or his share of the bills and still know how to hold his woman and make her feel like she is the queen of the world??????????

Never, never land

February 6, 2009, 3:32 pm CST

Commercials

Watching today's show I had to .respond,
The "All men suck woman" sounds like the one that has written TV commercials for the last few years.
In almost all of them the dad, husband, neighbor guys are dumber than the family gold fish.
Most of the men so ridiculed are too busy earning money for their families to run around protesting about it and just take it and move in.
Fred

February 6, 2009, 3:33 pm CST

romance

why is this lady complaining about flowers and cards? does she buy him stuff? does she ever plan dates? I doubt it.

February 6, 2009, 4:03 pm CST

Who Pulls the Triger

I think this show missed a very important topic that needs to start being discussed.  THE RESPONSIBILITY FACTOR.  Men have been raised to believe woman are responsible and men can use the excuse "i'm a child trapped" ... Society is feedign this in several ways and we are losing our men and families.

1. Women GET PREGNANT ..because woman can take the pill, take the Plan B pill, and have an abortion.  Many men now believe women have a choice to be pregnant or not.  NOT THE CASE ..... MEN PULL THE TRIGER ...so they have just as much if not more responsiblity to own up to that child & care for that child as a woman does.

2.  The saying ...Men are just boys with bigger toys ... Woman have created sayings like this that men have been using against.  WHo cares if they are boys, they have to put on thier big guy pants and grow up ... start taking responsibilty for being an adult.  Realize you affect other people around you and be responsbile about you affect them.....understand you create situations within which people react ..it's not always actions that cause your "heartaches/headaches"

Men not being responsible for how they hurt people and the wakes they leave behind is what's wrong with men today ....irresponsible with life, emotions and all

Not all men .. i'm not trying to sound bitter ..it's factual... why are so many more woman raising kids on thier own (because its easier .. less laundry and less people to cook and clean up after..because men don't help in general) ... also, look around, women are more and more powerful in work .. because many men expect things to be handed to them, whereas, women know thats not true.  so they work hard, show up on time , etc ... it's just a trend i see that scares me for our future generations ..

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last