Message Boards

Topic : 06/15 What's Wrong with Men?

Number of Replies: 71
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, January 30, 2009, 02:19:58 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/06/09) Dr. Phil addresses the question all women want to know the answer to: What’s wrong with men? With the help of Time magazine writer and comedian Joel Stein, Dr. Phil tries to solve the mystery of what makes men tick. First up, single ladies Shannon, Emily and Caroldean all have a gripe -- or 10 -- about men! They face off with Christopher, Kayo and Marcus, self-proclaimed jerks who want to explain their point of view. Watch sparks fly as the singles debate dating, sex and relationships. Then, Kaydee says her husband of six years, Mike, is broken, and she can’t find the “man”ual. He won’t bring her flowers, he won’t buy her cards, he won’t even take out the trash! You won’t believe the reason Mike gives for being romantically challenged. And, don’t miss the couple’s hilarious home videos about what really annoys them about each other. Plus, Dr. Phil dispels the myths about men. What is fact and what is fiction? You may be surprised! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 6, 2009, 4:44 pm CST

Finally some one that understands

Quote From: fmccord

Watching today's show I had to .respond,
The "All men suck woman" sounds like the one that has written TV commercials for the last few years.
In almost all of them the dad, husband, neighbor guys are dumber than the family gold fish.
Most of the men so ridiculed are too busy earning money for their families to run around protesting about it and just take it and move in.
Fred
I have been trying to get the same point across for a while now but it always falls on deaf ears.

February 6, 2009, 4:55 pm CST

It's your choice

Quote From: screwlucy

Women wouldn't gripe about men if they were making the correct choices in partners. I work with young children and take particular interest in encouraging girls to find interests that have absolutely nothing to do with finding approval from boys. There is still a message in this post-feminist society that a woman needs to find worth in being a wife and mother first and foremost. If women found fulfilment in their own lives and interests and discarded the lie that loneliness and self-worth is ONLY found in a partnership with a broken and unworthy male, then we could start partnering to solve a lot of the gender role issues we have in our society.

Listen, women have choices in America. They choose to allow themselves to gravitate towards men that need to be "fixed" and the media perpetuates this "romantic" idea that there is "the one" for women who will all of a sudden change his dastardly ways because of how special this one woman is. PLEASE!!!

If women want to get married they need to fix themselves first. Learn self esteem, priorities, responsibility. I'm tired of hearing women blame men for their own incapacity to make an educated, sensible choice. Even if I believed that there are "no good men left" I wouldn't sit around whining about it. I would have to ask myself,"If I am imprisoned by a hyperbole, shouldn't I be asking myself a few questions about my choices?"

I'm not a huge fan of Dr. Laura, but she was right about one thing: women are more concerned about who is choosing them than who they are choosing.

The first sentence in this quote says it all. Since WOMEN are the ones who usually make choices in men, why are they choosing the wrong ones? I'm sick of them always playing the victim. They need to own up to their actions. They're the ones dating "bad boys" because they are "better in bed", "adventurous" or some other silly reason to be with them.  Then they have the audacity to say that there are no good men out there. The good men almost always stays a friend. Women rationalize that dating such men would be "boring" and that they could walk all over them. The guy thinks, "Hey...nice guys finish last...I might as well transform into a tool so I too can get women." Why complain when that's the type of guy you wanted? 

Women need to realize that men would do whatever it takes to attract them. I believe this is why there are so many a_holes out there...this is what mainly intrigues women. Maybe these type of men would change their ways if women as a whole would stop flocking to them. This is one reason why men can cheat...those that always have women around them have more options. Women enable these guys by putting up with their crap and enduring the drama. If you don't like what he's doing, don't complain...JUST LEAVE. Find a level-headed guy that would respect you rather than the next player with a nice body.

Also, I believe those women on the show were all BS. I'm not saying that the men had no fault in anything. However, IMO, those women would date those guys (or guys like them) regardless of what they say.
I'm sure that's the type of "confidence" they constantly fall for when they find a man they're attracted to. They were just so frustrated with men that they wanted to clown these guys. It would not even surprise me if  Shannon wanted to get with Marcus(?) because of his looks and smooth demeanor. That women Caroldean talks about how she would expect a man to pay for dinner all the time...what happened to compromise in a relationship? I understand if the man asks YOU out, but not when it's vice versa. Emily was just a man hater. She's been played by many men and is taking her anger out on them (notice her snide, unnecessary remarks?) Bottom line...none of these women were prizes either.

I don't know...I just had to get that off my chest. All to constantly, the media places men as evil scumbags while women were just innocent victims who fell prey to their schemes. It seems as if there is no accountability for the actions of women anymore. It's totally unfair.

This is all generally speaking btw...Believe me, I'm not a woman hater...I know not all women are like this.

February 6, 2009, 4:58 pm CST

02/06 What's Wrong with Men?

Quote From: cuddles05

LOTS THATS WHATS WRONG ONE QUESTION WAS ALL MEN THINK ABOUT SEX. VERY TRUE THATS ALL THEY EVER TALK ABOUT.I CAN GIVE YOU LOTS ABOUT WHATS WRONG WITH MEN

1,THERE SLOPPY

2.SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX SEX

3.THEY NEVER TAKE YOU OUT AND WHEN THEY DO YOU PAY NOT THEM

4,MOST MEN I HAVE BEEN AROUND WANT MORE THEN JUST ME

5.THEY ARE SO INSUCURE

6.THEY LIE

7.THEY CHEAT

8.THEY WANT YOU TO DO EVERYTHING

9.YOU HAVE TO SUPPORT THEM

10.THEY DRINK A LOT

11.THEY DONT KNOW MUCH

AND I CAN GIVE YOU A LOT MORE ABOUT WHATS WRONG WITH MEN BUT I WONT BORE YOU.AND IM SORRY DR.PHIL THE QUESTION ABOUT  DO MEN ALWAY THINK ABOUT SEX YOUR WRONG DR.PHIL THEY ALL DO AND THATS ALL I HAVE RAN INTO AND IF YOU DONT LAY THEM THEY SAY GOOD-BYE.I HAVE TALKED TO A FEW MEN IF THATS WHAT YOU WANT TO CALL THEM.THEIR NOT MEN THEY ARE JERKS.ALL I HAVE BEEN ASK IS WHERES YOUR BVEDROOM.OR HOW DO YOU LIKE DOING IT.AND IF I SAY I WONT LAY THEM THEY WALK AWAY AND GET SOMEONE ELSE THAT WILL.

WHATS WRONG WITH MEN EVERYTHING

WHERE HAVE ALL THE GOOD GUYS WENT.

OR THEY THINK THEY ARE SO GOOD AND THERE NOT.THEY WON'T HELP AROUND THE HOUSE.THEY WONT COOK.THEY DONT TAKE YOU OUT.I HAVE NEVER GOT FLOWERS,OR BIRTHDAY CARD,NOTHING.

CUDDLES05

1: I am a neat freak,everything in its place and spotless.

2:Yes I enjoy it with my wife but its waay down on my list of priorities.(kids are first)

3: I take my wife out often and I pay not her, I always took my dates out in the past and I paid not them.

4 I want only my wife no one else,was that way with all girls I was with.

5:Way off with me again, I am very confident in myself just not to the point of being conceited.

6:Yes I have lied,probably will again. So have you,so has every one else in the world.

7:I have never cheated on girl but my wife is the only one that never cheated on me.

8:I can fend for myself,im a big boy now.

9:I have a good job,a wife,5 kids. I pay the bills and support them.

10: I dont drink at all.

11:I am a college grad,have a high paying job,drive a nice car(still a family car no porsche)

Dont get this from being stupid.

Seems you are wrong about everything.

February 6, 2009, 5:02 pm CST

Quote From: cndrlla

OMG, those guys up on that stage today were such jerks and so clueless it was incredible! They were truly ugly from the inside out!! 

But, here's the thing, ladies:  The question was asked why men don't want to get married and I knew the answer before it was said.....a long time ago the expression was: "why buy the cow when you get the milk free?" In other words, you girls are so anxious to have a man at any cost that you devalue yourself from the age of puberty on up by giving in to any guy who whispers a few bull crap words into your ears...so, why should he take on the responsibility of marriage and all that goes with it when he gets all the benefits without any of that?? You cook for him, do his laundry, sleep with him, put up with his crap every day..and he gets to leave whenever he wants to and never has to put up with YOU!

This is what you get.  What was on that stage was typical, not the exception!  

OMG, those guys up on that stage today were such jerks and so clueless it was incredible! They were truly ugly from the inside out!!  ( I agree)

But doesnt it seem the least bit unfair that no hard working ,caring,decent men were brought on to defend themselves?

This is what you get.  What was on that stage was typical, not the exception! (I completely disagree)

February 6, 2009, 5:07 pm CST

Suppose to be good looking

okay 1st of all i believe his name is Chris,he isnt even that good looking and his personality,regardless of wether he was just stating his feelings because of the show,makes him very unattractive.my boyfriend is 43 years old,very handsome and would never treat any women the way this pig does.He honestly isnt good looking at all,if i seen him on the street i wouldnt even look at him twice.I hope women see him on your show Dr Phil and realize what there doing to his ego.Women need to stop degrading themselves and get a grip. I feel this kind of show would have been useful but having these 3 guys on the show just ruined the whole thing.

February 6, 2009, 6:17 pm CST

What's wrong with men

I watched the show today, why don't we just all chill out  and accept the differences between men and women.  God made us different for a reason, one is female and one is male. If men think about sex so much who cares, just accept it and move on.  Why do people whine and complain, sorry esp. women? Chivalry is not dead, however women want everything these days, career, independance, etc.

I know that there are a lot of jerks out there, I have done stupid things when I have been in a relationship, however I have never  used a woman, or treated her badly, trouble is lots of men just don't know how to act anymore. I have always been the kind and  very romantic type, however women go for the jerks, and then  complain that they want the attentive and kind type.  Let's face it if you don't have the degree, the fantastic job, the car, you don't get to first base with most women.  What a bunch of B.S., it is all about love, respect, kindness, communication,  and passion. Not materialism.   Let's try to be kind to each other and accept our differences.  John. Toronto, Canada

February 6, 2009, 7:32 pm CST

wow!

maybe im in the dark but i grew up in a home where there was 8 kids.6 of them were boys...and they all watched my father degrade my mother everyday..at meal time he ate first then us kids ,then my mother.i could go on and on but my piont is...we all watched and soaked in what was happening and none of my brothers treat a woman the way"chris"treats a woman.i grew up a very strong woman and proud of it.so as i see this crap going on in this day and age it makes me sick!i just want to ask "chris" what do you think you would be carried in for 9 months if it wasn't for a strong WOMAN?

February 6, 2009, 9:16 pm CST

What is wrong with MEN

Why is it the show had nothing to say about dating by baby boomers.  It is a whole new game out there nowadays.  Men this age are only interested in sex and in no way want to settle down in a permanent relationship in our 60's. I have tried the dating game in the past and it is a waste of time.  Men just do not want to share or care anymore.   I have decided at the age of 60 I will not date because there is no one out there worth the time and I don't like playing games anymore................did it all in my 20's.

February 6, 2009, 10:36 pm CST

Quote From: wmcfarlane2

I think we miss the point to a topic at times. Those guys clearly classified themselves as jerks and that is the end of the classification. What we all don't accept is that people are different and so are their attitude about most things. The biggest word that is used in relationships with two people is "compromise", yet we fail to do it with conviction. Too many of us walk into a relationship with the relationship of the past in "the front" of our minds. We cannot relive the past only try to live the future. So many times I watch this show and totally disagree with the general classifications thrown about. When women meet a man such as myself it scares the hell out of them because they are too accustomed with the everyday jerks from around the corner. I'm not perfect and no one is, we just strive for perfection and while doing so, we take others in consideration.

Let's stop the name calling and give each INDIVIDUAL a chance.

I wasn't the one doing the name calling...nor do I think every single man in existence is a "jerk".

However, unfortunately, 90% are. And the reason they are, is because women let them be by not demanding more from themselves and from the men with whom they get involved!

Like I said: men's attitude is: "why buy the cow....."  and women are stupid enough to do everything for these men, even having babies with no security at ALL...with the fantasy notion that having these babies will tie the men to them....and, when the men leave, as most will, the dumb women have no legal recourse because they haven't bothered to think ahead.

DUH!!! 

February 6, 2009, 10:44 pm CST

Quote From: starfleet73

OMG, those guys up on that stage today were such jerks and so clueless it was incredible! They were truly ugly from the inside out!!  ( I agree)

But doesnt it seem the least bit unfair that no hard working ,caring,decent men were brought on to defend themselves?

This is what you get.  What was on that stage was typical, not the exception! (I completely disagree)

Well, you certainly have the right to disagree with my last statement....however, some things are true whether you agree with them or not.

As for the fact that "no hard working, caring, decent men were brought on to defend themselves"....there was one decent guy up there and that was the husband of the couple who were on. And even he was clueless when it came to giving his wife the small, thoughtful, considerate things like a simple card on holidays and her birthday, or flowers....though it was obvious he loves her, and she loves him.

Men forget...or just don't even take the time to learn...the simple fact that the happier you make your women, the happier she will make you!

It's not rocket science...just plain common sense.  So much in short supply!   

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last