Message Boards

Topic : 06/11 Wasted Youth

Number of Replies: 33
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Thursday, February 05, 2009, 03:16:53 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
(Original Air Date: 02/09/09) “If you’re somebody who uses drugs, you do drugs recreationally, or you have a child who’s experimenting with drugs because ‘That’s just what kids do,’ or ‘Everybody does it,’ please sit down with me in the next hour, pick up the phone right now, call a friend, call two, tell them to tune in, get your child next to you on the couch,” Dr. Phil tells his viewers. Stephanie was an aspiring songwriter who loved taking care of kids. Diana was a preschool teacher with a bright future. Neither one of these women knew they could end up addicted to drugs, on the brink of death. They face Dr. Phil to ask for help, but do they really want out of their drug-crazy lifestyles? Does Stephanie deserve a second chance? Don’t miss this intense intervention. Plus, former Dr. Phil guest and addict lifeline, Joani, celebrates a milestone and receives a momentous surprise.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 9, 2009, 5:14 pm CST

You have to taste the sour to appreciate the sweet.

Most drug addicts be it prescription or off the street, doctor hopping or selling your body for sex to make money. People who get a 'free ride' from Dr. Phil to go to a medically supervised or a rapid detox at the best facility in the country, probably costing up wards of $100,000 or more... in my opinion will relapse 99.5 times out of 100....

First off almost every drug addict is simply too weak mentally to be clean. Doesn't matter if its 2 weeks, 2 days, or even 2 years clean.... Most of them just can't cut it, and in my opinion its the mental aspect, the mental factor, the way your brain and body feels...

Stephanie needs to suffer! I mean suffer. Stop drugs either cold turkey or one hell of a taper program. Until you really suffer, until you really feel the pain, the suffering to a pain where it finally, finally makes a point, makes a noticable difference in the way even one single thought is processed in your head, until then its just too easy.. Setup for failure.

Im sure this is pretty accurate in my opinion, im not a doctor but I would say 90% of people relapse and less then 5% truely make it...

What seperates the strong from the weak?

February 9, 2009, 5:21 pm CST

Most addicts don't have the patients......

Its a fairly simple understanding, but what I do not get, is HOW can ANY drug addict use, abuse drugs, destroy their minds, drugs, over what is usually a period of YEARS, just think they can walk into a rehab for 21 or 28 days and think BOOM my life is instantly fixed, Im all better... Only to relapse worse then ever before within a week of coming out of rehab. The brain is just too strong of a part of the body you just cant turn off or ignore. You really, truly no matter what MUST be ready or it simply will not work. If the commitment level isn't 125% then your just wasting your time.

It takes years and I mean YEARS no matter what, off the top, set aside 2,3 years easy depending on the situation to feel any real sense of normality....

So those 28 day rehab people are just wasting time and money and resources.

February 9, 2009, 6:54 pm CST

Daughter Addicted

I just found out recently that my 26 year old daughter is a Heroine addict, she has gone to detox a few times and relapsed each time. She recently was caught shop lifting and may be going to jail. I believe she is clean at the moment, and trying to stay clean. I have written to the Dr. Phil show a few times to try and get help. You see Tiffany was always a good kid, she was a competitive gymnast and even earned a full college scholarship, her 2nd year in college she sustained a bad knee injury and hooked up with the wrong people when she came home. She's stolen from me, her 10 year old brother, and others, at this point she is not allowed in our home, much like the gal on today's show. She is willing to go to a inpatient unit but, I dont have money for that. I know she would jump at the chance that was offered to Diane today.

February 9, 2009, 8:15 pm CST

02/09 Wasted Youth

Quote From: shmigelz

Its a fairly simple understanding, but what I do not get, is HOW can ANY drug addict use, abuse drugs, destroy their minds, drugs, over what is usually a period of YEARS, just think they can walk into a rehab for 21 or 28 days and think BOOM my life is instantly fixed, Im all better... Only to relapse worse then ever before within a week of coming out of rehab. The brain is just too strong of a part of the body you just cant turn off or ignore. You really, truly no matter what MUST be ready or it simply will not work. If the commitment level isn't 125% then your just wasting your time.

It takes years and I mean YEARS no matter what, off the top, set aside 2,3 years easy depending on the situation to feel any real sense of normality....

So those 28 day rehab people are just wasting time and money and resources.

I fully agree!  Rehab is a joke!  One that really makes you want to laugh because you know better than to think one can really be rehabilitated in 3 week to a month.  Like you said, it takes 2-3 years to actually get the drugs out of your system.  I'm sure anyone at anytime can relapse, but I think it's less likely for those who have been clean for a fairly long period of time, as opposed to those who have been clean only several months.  I've always said, an addict will not lay down his/her habit until they are ready.  It is a proven fact no one can force them; they have to come to it on their own, if they survive that long. 

I can honestly say, I've never had a drug problem because I've steadily watched what it's done to my cousins and knew I didn't want that for my life.

It just occurred to me they can hold inmates "against their will" basically but they can't hold an addict against theirs?  I think rehabs should be ran the same as any prison.   Addicts are free to walk out if and when they get ready.  Anyone correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm under the impression that most if not all rehabs are run by the state, correct?  So are prisons.  I think once they enter the program there should be a minimum time they have to stay and THE STATE should be allowed to keep them there.  They shouldn't be able to just walk out because they can't hack it. 

February 16, 2009, 7:57 pm CST

OMG

I am a recovering attic. I started drinking at age 14 and a week later smoked my first joint. From there it was any drug or drink I could get. At age 39 I went into rehab after my third DUII. I am now 47.

The first girl, Stephanie, uses tears to manipulate. She is not serious about going straight, only feels sorry for herself when she's high.

The second girl, Diana, may go to rehab only because her father and sister begged her to go. She doesn't really want sobriety because she likes living the good life.

June 6, 2009, 10:17 am CDT

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Erica Jay Jordan Phil/Robin Wasted Youth. I have seen this one last year aswell. See you on June--

11th, 2009 Thursday. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------------------------------

June 8, 2009, 2:43 pm CDT

06/11 Wasted Youth

Quote From: shelly_80

I fully agree!  Rehab is a joke!  One that really makes you want to laugh because you know better than to think one can really be rehabilitated in 3 week to a month.  Like you said, it takes 2-3 years to actually get the drugs out of your system.  I'm sure anyone at anytime can relapse, but I think it's less likely for those who have been clean for a fairly long period of time, as opposed to those who have been clean only several months.  I've always said, an addict will not lay down his/her habit until they are ready.  It is a proven fact no one can force them; they have to come to it on their own, if they survive that long. 

I can honestly say, I've never had a drug problem because I've steadily watched what it's done to my cousins and knew I didn't want that for my life.

It just occurred to me they can hold inmates "against their will" basically but they can't hold an addict against theirs?  I think rehabs should be ran the same as any prison.   Addicts are free to walk out if and when they get ready.  Anyone correct me if I'm mistaken but I'm under the impression that most if not all rehabs are run by the state, correct?  So are prisons.  I think once they enter the program there should be a minimum time they have to stay and THE STATE should be allowed to keep them there.  They shouldn't be able to just walk out because they can't hack it. 

And, the biggest joke of all is "Promises" and all those other celebrity "rehab" centers. Every one of them ought to have revolving doors. Most of these celebrities are right back on drugs within days of "finishing" rehab.

June 11, 2009, 6:22 am CDT

All u donny downers

Hey i jus watched part of ur show bout the addicts shooting up and its bull, humans will do what ever they want and take what ever we want, been proving since beggingin of expolration hahah but yeah i use to do herion n my bro was addicted real bad we had to move to get away from it pretty much but what really cured us was smoking weed every day to keep us off getting into harder drugs down here. come on yall legalize it n perscribe it to desieses like this now im only 19 n am sober but i do smoke gangja every day while i run my own business so jus remember., what u even afraid of it s jus a lil plant n ps big tobacco provides funding for all those anti pot commercials hahaha wake up america n u to phily. peace yall

legalize it!!!!!!!!!!

June 11, 2009, 2:17 pm CDT

Diana

My sweet diana, what I have just seen has left me heartbroken.....  I don't know how or if I will ever be able to be in contact with you again.  I have looked for you on facebook as well as myspace, hoping that we would be able to reconnect.  How I remember all the fun times we had as kids.... You were sweet, vibrant, beautiful.  I was jealous of how gorgeous you were!!  You were my friend, and are still.  You have been on my mind, in my prayers, and forever have left an imprint on my heart.  I would not even have recognized you in the state you were in on the show.  I want you to know Diana, that you are loved, you are important.  Although it has been years since we have seen eachother, I had hoped better for your life.... Please remember that it is never too late, no one is ever too far gone to be saved.  I will be praying for you.... Please remember also, that you my sweet Diana, are a child of God, and through Him all things are possible.  With all my love, Glynda

June 11, 2009, 3:32 pm CDT

06/11 Wasted Youth

Quote From: pinkley

I am a recovering attic. I started drinking at age 14 and a week later smoked my first joint. From there it was any drug or drink I could get. At age 39 I went into rehab after my third DUII. I am now 47.

The first girl, Stephanie, uses tears to manipulate. She is not serious about going straight, only feels sorry for herself when she's high.

The second girl, Diana, may go to rehab only because her father and sister begged her to go. She doesn't really want sobriety because she likes living the good life.

What a lame promo commerical......I thought Dr. Phil was different than those other shows.....

BEAUTIFUL ADDICTS........if I hear that another time....what does Dr. P. think people won't watch if they are ugly addicts.  Shame on you Dr. Phil.

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | Next | Last