Message Boards

Topic : 02/18 The Ultimate Weight Loss Solution

Number of Replies: 5
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 06, 2009, 02:12:44 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Dr. Phil's biggest weight loss project to date, with twelve people working to drop pounds and inches while traveling across the country. In Dallas, Texas, the participants work on Key 6: Intentional Exercise, with challenges designed to test their strength, endurance and balance. At the home of the Dallas Cowboys football team, Texas Stadium, the participants take on an obstacle course race. See who performs a victory dance in the end zone. Then, it’s weigh-in time, where viewers at home get to see what the scale says, but the challengers don’t. Plus, another exercise challenge takes them to a farm, where moving 50-pound bales of hay is on their agenda. Which duo takes the prize for both challenges, and which pair has some participants thinking they need to go home? Then, don’t miss the shocking surprise from TV personality and famous daughter, Katie Wagner. Join the weight loss movement from home!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 6, 2009, 3:55 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Loss Phil Solution Ultimate Weight. Well Well Well it about time we get back into races. See you on

Wednesday Feburary 11th, 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-------------------------------------------------

February 13, 2009, 3:32 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Loss Mate Phil/Robin Solu Uli The Tion Weight. Finally I get to see it on Wednesday. See you on----

Wednesday Feburary 18th, 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------------- 

February 18, 2009, 1:42 pm CST

Fast food and driving everywhere= FAT

How ironic to give gas as a gift  when cars and fast food are two main factors that contribute to obesity.

I wish people would educate themselves about the food industry--the politics, economics and unfairness indicative of the system and how it affects the  world.  One can go to a Tai restaurant and for less than hamburger and fries get  gorgeous. Pad Tai,  noodles crisp vegetables and so much more, give it a try.

As for cars many people could be taking public transit and riding bikes in good weather on a daily basis. However this is when all the B.S. excuses come.  Granted, there are those who are not physically able to but thousands that can. As Dr. Phil and other experts say, make exercise  part of your daily life. Without the car its' very easy. Get a cute little bundle-buggy for the market/groceries--mine looks like a blue suitcase on two wheels.  I got rid of my car about 13 years ago (and I had bought my car cash) but said to hell with it. My two buses to work are like clock work and I grab my coffee in my neat reusable cup in time for bus number two.  I am always 10 min early and it's NOT HARD AT ALL AND NO BIG DEAL WITHOUT A CAR but I was able to further invest  and give more to the two charity's I support.

Also, I more than understand that the suburbs are a slave to the car and not pedestrian-friendly , however the misguided have been waking up and now are trying to design neighborhoods where people can walk to all schools and stores etc. Europe once again is far ahead of America and Canada. They are smart and have fast reliable public transit.  (Britain and Sweden are phenomenal).  However, there is still adequate systems here and I guarantee you, if you get out of your cars and abscond from fast foods you  will return to a proper weight be it there are no mental health issues to address. I am over 40 and have no help it is option others can try.

February 18, 2009, 2:10 pm CST

Life experiences as a 'scape goat'.

I find it very hard to swallow when people say that "well because my dad got sick, so I ate and ate and ate." or "my parents got divorced so i gained 150 pounds." I dont like people who use a previous life experience as an excuse to pig out everyday. These people didnt get this way overnight. It took years and years and years and money and money and every damn day of the samething, eating too much and no exercise. If something happens in life and your sad, well go to the mall and buy a shirt or go to the gym and relieve some stress and feel good about yourself......

My dad has had terminal cancer for 6 yrs now, i had to bury my grandpa who I was close too and myself had my own fair share of surgeries for things that just happened... But I didnt start hoarding on food all day everyday.. I did the samethings I always did, workout 5-6 days/week, eat the same, work the same, etc. Id go out or buy something if I was down, sad, or ill or thought about my dad..

People who cope out and use the food as a crutch were probably lazy to begin with, ate like crap, and well this happened so now Im gonna pig out more....A disgrace if you ask me. You still gotta wake up every single morning and look at yourself in the mirror...Every damn day...

February 19, 2009, 10:20 am CST

I guess I am a disgrace

Quote From: shmigelz

I find it very hard to swallow when people say that "well because my dad got sick, so I ate and ate and ate." or "my parents got divorced so i gained 150 pounds." I dont like people who use a previous life experience as an excuse to pig out everyday. These people didnt get this way overnight. It took years and years and years and money and money and every damn day of the samething, eating too much and no exercise. If something happens in life and your sad, well go to the mall and buy a shirt or go to the gym and relieve some stress and feel good about yourself......

My dad has had terminal cancer for 6 yrs now, i had to bury my grandpa who I was close too and myself had my own fair share of surgeries for things that just happened... But I didnt start hoarding on food all day everyday.. I did the samethings I always did, workout 5-6 days/week, eat the same, work the same, etc. Id go out or buy something if I was down, sad, or ill or thought about my dad..

People who cope out and use the food as a crutch were probably lazy to begin with, ate like crap, and well this happened so now Im gonna pig out more....A disgrace if you ask me. You still gotta wake up every single morning and look at yourself in the mirror...Every damn day...

I am so disgusted with your letter that it has taken me five minutes to "chill" to say that I am merely "disgusted".  How dare you make unilateral judgments that people who emotionally eat are "probably lazy to begin with, ate  like crap and well this happened so now I'm gonna pig out more.... A disgrace if you ask me". 

I WAS (past tense) an emotional eater.  Lazy, I think not.  I ran my own business, coordinated political campaigns and was a community activist so the only time I made time to eat was when I "got around to it".  It was through the keys that I learned why I ate the way I did and emotions was a HUGE part of my weight gain.   

From reading your letter it appears to me you could practice a little key four (Mastery Over Impulse) and not hit the mall  and go "buy something" everytime you got "down, sad or ill or thought about your dad."  You do know there is a recession going on?! 

Everyone has a vice.  Dr. Phil is providing the opportunity to recognize our individual vice and how to overcome the same through all of his books and in my case in particular "The Ultimate Weight Solution".

Monika

I just came by to congratulate the new challengers for doing an incredible job so kudo's to you all. 

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next Page | Last Page