Message Boards

Topic : 02/11 Octuplets Debate

Number of Replies: 461
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 06, 2009, 02:13:19 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
For most single mothers, one child is enough of a handful, but when a 33-year-old woman in Southern California gave birth to eight premature babies -– in addition to the six children under the age of 8 she already has -- the country started talking! The mother of 14, Nadya, is keeping a low profile, but it is reported that all her children were created through in-vitro fertilization, an expensive and purposeful process. Questions are cropping up: How did she end up with eight embryos? How will she care for all of them? Who will pay these children’s expenses over the years? How do we take the children’s well-being into account in reproductive medicine? Dr. Phil and his panel of esteemed guests, including Dr. Jim Sears co-host of The Doctors, debate the ethical questions that have been raised. Share your thoughts, join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 6, 2009, 4:01 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Bate De Doctor Oct Phil Uplet. I never heard of it. I do know that parents through out USA Do have babies.-

See you on Yhursday Feburary 12th, 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------

February 7, 2009, 9:50 pm CST

02/12 Octuplet Debate

THIS WOMAN  GOT WHAT SHE WANTED, EVERYONE TO TALK ABOUT HER AND SHOWS TO PAY MONEY TO SPEAK WITH HER.  JUST GOES TO SHOW SHES  GOOD AT PLAYING THE SYSTEM. AT HER AGE SHES PROVED SHES IRRESPONSIBLE, SELFISH AND HAS NO COMMON SENSE. SHE HAD NO BUSINESS HAVING MORE CHILDREN WHEN SHE ALREADY HAD  6 SMALL CHILDREN AT HOME. AND FOR PEOPLE TO SAY ITS NO ONES BUSINESS, SHE MADE IT EVERYONES BUSINESS BY HAVING THE "NEWS REPORTERS" AT THE HOSPITAL AFTER THE BIRTH. SHE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT SHE WAS DOING, GIVE IT TIME SHE WILL DO IT AGAIN  AND WE WILL SEE HER NAME POP BACK UP IN THE NEWS. 

February 10, 2009, 3:00 pm CST

AMEN to TOTALLY IRRESPONSIBLE!

Quote From: chel39

THIS WOMAN  GOT WHAT SHE WANTED, EVERYONE TO TALK ABOUT HER AND SHOWS TO PAY MONEY TO SPEAK WITH HER.  JUST GOES TO SHOW SHES  GOOD AT PLAYING THE SYSTEM. AT HER AGE SHES PROVED SHES IRRESPONSIBLE, SELFISH AND HAS NO COMMON SENSE. SHE HAD NO BUSINESS HAVING MORE CHILDREN WHEN SHE ALREADY HAD  6 SMALL CHILDREN AT HOME. AND FOR PEOPLE TO SAY ITS NO ONES BUSINESS, SHE MADE IT EVERYONES BUSINESS BY HAVING THE "NEWS REPORTERS" AT THE HOSPITAL AFTER THE BIRTH. SHE KNEW EXACTLY WHAT SHE WAS DOING, GIVE IT TIME SHE WILL DO IT AGAIN  AND WE WILL SEE HER NAME POP BACK UP IN THE NEWS. 

This woman is INSANE!    For her to have that IDIOT DR.  to implant those eight embryos into her uterus,  have the babies,  WITH the reporters waiting at the hospital no less!, and then to blatantly tell the reporters that "I'm NOT ON ANY KIND OF WELFARE, I'M PROVIDING FOR THEM!"    SHE IS W/O A DOUBT THE MOST DANGEROUS, MANIPULATIVE, THIEVING, INSANE FEMALE ON THE FACE OF THIS EARTH!  

SHE'S GOING TO FURTHER ENDANGER THOSE BABIES BY BRINGING THEM HOME TO NOTHING BUT DESOLATION AND FILTH!?   I DON'T THINK SO!    CPS SHOULD ABSOLUTELY YANK EVERY ONE OF THOSE CHILDREN AWAY,  THE OCTUPLETS AND THE CURRENT 6 BECAUSE FRANKLY, THAT'S ELDER ABUSE - HER MAKING HER MOTHER TAKE CARE OF THOSE 6 CHILDREN AND ONE OF THEM IS A SEVERELY AUTISTIC CHILD!!!    ASIDE FROM THE FACT THAT THE DR. WHO DID THIS SHOULD BE LOCKED AWAY AND NEVER EVER BE ALLOWED A DR.S' OFFICE AGAIN,  MY LORD,   THEY'RE BOTH INSANE!   

AND THEN SHE SAYS SHE'S ABLE TO HOLD EACH BABY FOR OH WOW 'A TOTAL OF 45 MINUTES EACH WHILE THEY'RE IN THE HOSPITAL'S NICU!"   HOW THE HELL DOES SHE PROPOSE TO TAKE CARE OF 8 COUNT 'EM 8 NEWBORNS,   AND TAKE CARE OF HER OTHER 6 CHILDREN?    DOESN'T SHE EVEN KNOW THAT THERE ARE GOING TO BE SEVERE EMOTIONAL PROBLEMS BETWEEN THOSE 8 NEW BABIES AND THE CURRENT 6 WITH JEALOUSY AND EMOTIONAL DEPRAVATION?  SHE'S GOING TO HAVE TO HAVE HELP!    LOOK AT THE Gosselins,  all the other multiples families,  you HAVE to have help initially!   Even twins require help at first!  What is she thinking she can get away with!?   

Truly,  If I were that county,  I'd be stepping in and assessing that home and yanking every one of those children because of neglect and what the Mother has already told the reporters in the interviews she has done!   OMG!   Those children are all suffering and this crazy loon should NOT have even access to those babies!   They need to bar her from even seeing her. I don't care if she IS the mother!  She's NUTS!  She needs to have a Psych exam  ASAP  

February 11, 2009, 6:38 am CST

outrage....and stupidity

Bigger picture here......even a single birth this time is NOT acceptable.....she has 6 that she cant take care of to the level those children deserve!!!!!!!!!!   UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

February 11, 2009, 7:28 am CST

02/11 Octuplets Debate

All she wanted is handouts to her and definentaly attention she must not have had when she was a child.  Now her house is way to small I am sure inside she is thinking who is going to build me a nice new house and who is going to get me a bus to take the children around to doctors, etc.  I think she shouldn't have the help from anyone besides the Dr.  The Doctor and anyone else that was in on the fertility should be the one paying for herand her 14 children now, since she already had 6 children at home. 

February 11, 2009, 7:31 am CST

Octuplates

I have issues with the way Dr. Phil spoke of this octuplate mom and then

the way he spoke to Kate. This octuplate mother din't intend on 8 children.

She was hoping to get one or two.  Dr. PHil said that that was crazy to iplant so many and

not  think it could happen!  If this women had twins only know one would even be talking about her!

When he talk to Kate of John and Kate plus 8, she also said that she implanted 6 only expecting

one or two childen.  She also said that she refused to terminate any. He never told her that she was irresponsible! or that her Dr's should have known better!  Where would Kate be right now if she wasn't being paid by TLC  for her show!  Kate also recieved free diapers formula etc..

Why is ok for Kate.. because she has a husband!  This octuplate mother was working befoe this!

She is also going to school and getting a degree to improve her life and help her family!

February 11, 2009, 7:51 am CST

Mother of 14

It seems evident that this woman is counting on a handout.  She seems confident that she has manipulated society into opening their wallets and hearts.

I suggest that Child Protective Service find a stable place for these children.  Unfortunately, it probably won't be together (8 in one home).  But it is evident that this biological mother is dillusional and unstable and will only induce trauma on these children, by expecting them to "fill the hole" she has.

The woman needs serious psychological help. The children need protection. She doesn't seem to be living in the real world.  Her interviews had many contradictions.  She had her "babies daddy" release his parental rights, (financial responsiblity perhaps?) but, seems to believes he will want to be a part of their lives.

Blame is irrelevant apart from the medical ethics.  A psychological evaluation before insemination should have ruled her out as a suitable candidate, probably the first time.  The issue are the children.  How can the children be given a fighting chance in this real world?

She doesn't seem to be capable of making rational decisions for herself.  How does society, entrust her with 8 more impressionable minds. 

If society is going to do something, take those babies from this self absorbed sociopath (sp).  It's all about her, in her mind.  Evident from the use of the word I almost exclusively.  It's about the children.   Again get her some psychological help so that she may one day be able to be a realistically positive person in their lives.

February 11, 2009, 8:02 am CST

good lord

I think Dr. Phil is right, everyone needs to focus on the children. You can disagree with her decision but punishing her through not helping or supporting her hurts the older children and her new babies.

February 11, 2009, 8:10 am CST

THIS IS NOT CHINA

I am surprised at the negativity that this situation is getting ... Do I believe that this woman of 6 children , 3 of whom are already disabled , or have problems , should have went and had any type of proceedure to have yet another child , and in this case 8 children ... Most definetly not , BUT WE DO NOT LIVE IN CHINA !!!

I heard the other day that the state of California was thinking of suing the doctor that done the procedure ... THEY CAN NOT DO THAT ... let me tell you , either way he would have gotten sued ... IF HE HADNT DONE THE PROCEDURE THE WOMAN WOULD HAVE SUED HIM .... and now the state is going to try ....

The woman must have some money , GO AFTER HER ..... she doesnt have a job ok , but she had to have paid for the procedure some how those are not free .......

I guess my biggest thing is that we do not live in China and we dont have a limit on how many children we can and can not have .....

February 11, 2009, 8:30 am CST

Octuplet Debate

Quote From: chel39

Chel I guess I need someone to explain the reasoning behind this female’s motives for bringing that many children into the world.. I once met a woman who was doing something similar to that. I asked her why she had that many kids. All had different fathers. She looked at me and asked, "Which ones shouldn't I have had?"  My reply was, "All of them." She had 6 children who were going without the necessities of life. She was young and no partner to help her raise the kids and no money.  

Something is very very wrong here with the woman who had the octuplets. Are we just going to stand around and just talk about this? Or is someone out there actually smart enough and compassionate enough to take control and do something?  By someone, I mean one who has authority to act responsibly and legally. When you have 6 embryos planted inside of you then you say," I was just expecting 1or 2babies."

Excuse me, what was wrong with the 6 she already had at home?  Why not give those 6 children quality care and rearing? Don't anyone try to give me the agument that so and so had a husband. And just because Nadya didn't have a husband why shouldn't she have MORE kids? If you don't know the reason for that. YOU are absolutely in of need help. Seek help.:( Please.....

We have a woman who emigrated here from India, who went back to India to have an in vitro procedure done. First time she and her husband did that, the doctor in India they hired and paid in advance ran off with their money. They then hired another doctor. I believe they travelled back and forth 3 times. When they came back to Canada she had TWINS, the head turner here is that she is 60 years old. In Alberta (where I live) we get free medical now. So she and her twins were in intensive care. That cost US the tax payer a lot of money. She was refused this procedure in Canada because of her age. WE just don’t do that here in this country. I REALLY believe she should have stayed in India to have her babies. But this is what our government allows. Too my way of thinking if she was refused the procedure here, we should not have followed through and permitted her to go on a free ride when she came back to Canada to have these babies. They (she and her husband) should foot all of the medical/hospital bills. End of discussion.

In North America, we use birth control, to help control the population because we pro create with responsibility. Then we have people who turn around and un-do what we have been attempting to do for decades. Can you imagine the population growth if we all thought like the woman with the octuplets and the woman from India and acted on it? Having 8 (plus 6) babies on one hand and a 60 year old having twins at the age of 60 on the other. Pretty stupid.  We also know the risks of having babies after the age of 40.  It's one thing to be uneducated, but it's a whole other thing to be both, “UNEDUCATED AND IGNORANT." It's like talking to your floor mop. 

Nadya (the octuplet mom) will talk circles around most people who interview her. She’s dumb like a fox. My guess is she is very well versed at playing the game. She is an experienced liar who has great acting skills. I also suspect her mother is on to her. She is good at manipulating men like her father. She hasn't mastered manipulating most women yet. That is a whole other place she has yet to visit. We gals aren't duped as easily. I will bet my last dollar that she has an answer for every question/argument relating to this event. 

I hope they investigate the doctor who helped that woman  I hope they take his license away. I hope he finds himself working at a 711.  That doctor shouldn't be permitted to be a vet.

In vitro is a gift for those having legitimate difficulties having babies. It should be a miracle and a blessing. Not something to abuse at will. Most doctors know this and most COUPLES understand it as such. But it only takes ONE person to tarnish it. 

Our planet is riddled with stupid, ignorant selfish people who behave irresponsibly and the rest of us pay for their blunders one way or another.  And many of us become victims of people who have kids that are out of control. Kids have to be trained and kids have to be supervised. Which means one of the parents should be at home raising them. Toooo dang many parents out there who have little darlings that never do any wrong. Too many parents are unavailable to their kids.  They're too busy making money.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last