Message Boards

Topic : 02/13 Valentine Dilemmas

Number of Replies: 14
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 06, 2009, 02:13:49 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Valentine's Day is almost here. Are you and your mate ready for romance? Dr. Phil's guests say they need help wowing their spouses. First up, Caitlin and Joe are raising 11-month-old triplets, and Caitlin says most days she's covered in spit up and baby food and doesn't feel attractive. Joe says when he goes in for a kiss, all he gets is the forehead, and he's longing for love. Can Dr. Phil help this couple reignite their intimacy? Next, Lori and Chuck say their 10-year-old doesn't get it when they want to be left alone to be affectionate. In fact, if their son catches them canoodling, he tells them they're acting gross. How can this couple get their child to leave when they want to be lovey-dovey? Then, Lili is a stay-at-home mom who never learned to cook. She says her family would starve if it weren't for the microwave! Lili wants to treat her husband to a homemade meal, but she doesn't know where to begin. Don't miss the surprise guests who helps Lili learn to create an unforgettable supper for her spouse, and find out how you can make this dish too! And, a tomboy surprises her boyfriend and find out the Valentine's Day gift that wins the honor Worst Gift! If you still don't have a gift for your guy or gal, tune in and learn great ways to surprise your spouse! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 14, 2009, 1:27 pm CST

02/13 Valentine Dilemmas

Amazing! another made up holiday slowly turned into another (man gets pressured into buying something because society is now accepting credit cards crap). All you women who complain should be as ashamed as the man who cant take out the garbage. THAT woman deserves some pampering with those triplets.

Any man who buys jewelry or flowers, should just give up now. Buy one flower if anything, or get a nice card. If that isnt enough just make her one out of a plane piece of paper folded and decorated by you with your thoughts about what makes her special. If that isnt enough, it really is a losing battle you will never win.

Dr. Phil had every right to jab the old lady with the jewelry remark. It is unneccesary crap that gets collected and left in a draw or jewelry box. At least he can afford it, Right Dr.?

I dont mind buying flowers. One or a couple that signify something special between us. But they mean nothing if we have to buy them simply because it is Feb. 14th.

Romantic and expectations just don't go together in a man's mind. If he can not be spontaneous and out of the blue, it just doesn't count. This is the problem with V day.

And what have you women gotten your sig other? Did you give him what he wanted? This isn't spoil your woman day.

I dont expect anything on any holiday including my birthday, which is more important then any other holiday or event. When I get something it brings a smile to my face. Not because someone thought of me, but they felt they had to.

The only problem is the human ego and the ME ME ME mentality. Expect nothing and enjoy what you have. Oh wait! Then what would you have to bitch about?!! GET A GRIP PEOPLE!

I know most of you have to be watching Oprah too. Does nothing that these shows absorb into that brain?

February 15, 2009, 3:36 pm CST

valentine dilemmas

Dr. Phil

the advice/solution for the young couple with the triplets, really made me furious!

the man is saying he doesn't help his wife with the house/babies, because he isn't getting sex from her 

he goes to work for 12 hours and she takes care of the babies 24/7

the advice should have been, perhaps if she wasn't so tired or felt that the care of the babies was soley her responsibility, maybe she would have the time and energy to be a little more giving or understanding of his needs.  Obviously he didn't care enough about her/her needs so why would she feel inclined to show any appreciation.

helping the young mother feel better about her self ,was good.  it seemed there were financial problems too, stopping her from getting better clothes so she didn't feel like a frump.

after you gave the woman the gym membership, clothes and a babysitter, then you said--now do you think the boy can get some?

what the hell did you mean--i didn't hear you telling him to help her or take responsibility for the care of the babies and her--yes her.if he was acting like a man--he would feel responsible for her well being too.

February 16, 2009, 12:32 pm CST

02/13 Valentine Dilemmas

Quote From: elkaistre

It appeared to me with your last comment, "they are men" is either to excuse thoughtlessness or that you find men incapable of stepping up.  Never, ever excuse thoughtlessness. If you don't put a value on yourself, he will never put a value on you.  Men and women love differently, I agree with this. However it is the expression of how we love that makes the other FEEL loved. 
I am not making excuses for him, but, everyone else in the family has a July or August birthday.  Trust me, he is capable of "stepping up".  Together we have raised five wonderful and very successful sons.

February 16, 2009, 3:28 pm CST

02/13 Valentine Dilemmas

Quote From: elkaistre

It appeared to me with your last comment, "they are men" is either to excuse thoughtlessness or that you find men incapable of stepping up.  Never, ever excuse thoughtlessness. If you don't put a value on yourself, he will never put a value on you.  Men and women love differently, I agree with this. However it is the expression of how we love that makes the other FEEL loved. 
How many times have you been married?

First | Prev | 2 | Next Page | Last Page