Message Boards

Topic : 02/13 Valentine Dilemmas

Number of Replies: 14
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Friday, February 06, 2009, 02:13:49 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Valentine's Day is almost here. Are you and your mate ready for romance? Dr. Phil's guests say they need help wowing their spouses. First up, Caitlin and Joe are raising 11-month-old triplets, and Caitlin says most days she's covered in spit up and baby food and doesn't feel attractive. Joe says when he goes in for a kiss, all he gets is the forehead, and he's longing for love. Can Dr. Phil help this couple reignite their intimacy? Next, Lori and Chuck say their 10-year-old doesn't get it when they want to be left alone to be affectionate. In fact, if their son catches them canoodling, he tells them they're acting gross. How can this couple get their child to leave when they want to be lovey-dovey? Then, Lili is a stay-at-home mom who never learned to cook. She says her family would starve if it weren't for the microwave! Lili wants to treat her husband to a homemade meal, but she doesn't know where to begin. Don't miss the surprise guests who helps Lili learn to create an unforgettable supper for her spouse, and find out how you can make this dish too! And, a tomboy surprises her boyfriend and find out the Valentine's Day gift that wins the honor Worst Gift! If you still don't have a gift for your guy or gal, tune in and learn great ways to surprise your spouse! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 6, 2009, 4:32 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Dile Doctor Mas Phil/Robin Tine Valen. That one is a good one Doctor Phil and very funny aswell. See you-

on Friday Feburary 13th, 2009. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.-----------------------------------------------------

February 13, 2009, 12:29 pm CST

The forgetful man....

My hubby and I will celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary Sunday.  We are the parents of five sons.  Our #4 son called last week and told him he was coming home for his birthday from college.  My husband hung up the phone and said to me "I didn't know we had a kid in February!"  It's not that they don't love us or their families...they are men!!!

February 13, 2009, 2:21 pm CST

valentines day

I HAV;NT HAD A VALENTINES DAY FOR YEARS.EVEN WHEN I WAS WITH SOMEONE.NO BIRTHDAY CARD OR PRESENTS,NO XMAS EITHER.SO I DONT KNOW WHAT THE BIG DEAL IS.HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE YEAH RIGHT WHATS THAT.

CUDDLES05

February 13, 2009, 3:02 pm CST

Fire Fighter Valentine

Knock out makeover on the wife firefighter!!  I hope she goes back to JCPenney's to buy the black dress.  It looked really fabulous on her cute figure, too.  Great segment, Dr Phil & Robyn.

February 13, 2009, 3:12 pm CST

WAKE-UP LITTLE BOY

Oh lord, you sound like a whiney little boy. It really simple,

YOU WANT SEX? TAKE OUT THE GARBAGE!

February 13, 2009, 5:12 pm CST

bad v-day presents and forgetfullness

My husband gave me a medicine cabinet one year with a rose on the inside . Wasn't to bad till he told me some guy (that he didn't know) told him to get me a rose, Now that was just wrong!! but then again he isn't much on giving things anyways , i don't get birthday or Christmas from him unless i buy it and tell him what he got me and give it to him to put under the tree, so even if its not really a good present , at least u got something!! And on the forgetting things , my husband and i got married on the 4th of July so that no matter where he is , when he sees the fireworks go off he can remember !

February 13, 2009, 8:08 pm CST

If you want to be romantic, don't diss your wife

Did anyone notice the dig Dr. Phil gave his wife on a show that was supposed to be about being romantic? I thought it was pretty mean. Here he is giving guys advice on how to make their wives happy and he was ridiculing his own wife on national TV. Not a good role model.

February 13, 2009, 9:58 pm CST

Alone

I read a message from a woman that said she had  been married 41 years to a man she no longer loved, a man that got drunk everyday and often passed out, a man that became ill with cancer, a man she took care of during his illness.  She said she has been alone for the past 2 1/2 years after this death and that she feels lonely.  I have that kind of marriage, he is an alcoholic, he see's the world in only terms that apply to him. He is not nor has he ever been present in a marriage with me.. He can't, he does not know how and I am alone in a marriage.  To the woman who wrote the above, you were alone for 41 years and just didn't recognise it because he was in the room with you.

You can be alone in a crowd.  The difference between you and I, I know I am alone and I am fine with it, does not hurt me anymore. Take what is left of your life. If you don't want to be alone, volunteer your time to thoes that will value you.  It's what I do so I never feel lonely.

February 13, 2009, 10:03 pm CST

The Forgetful Man

Quote From: raymom5

My hubby and I will celebrate our 24th wedding anniversary Sunday.  We are the parents of five sons.  Our #4 son called last week and told him he was coming home for his birthday from college.  My husband hung up the phone and said to me "I didn't know we had a kid in February!"  It's not that they don't love us or their families...they are men!!!
It appeared to me with your last comment, "they are men" is either to excuse thoughtlessness or that you find men incapable of stepping up.  Never, ever excuse thoughtlessness. If you don't put a value on yourself, he will never put a value on you.  Men and women love differently, I agree with this. However it is the expression of how we love that makes the other FEEL loved. 

February 13, 2009, 10:43 pm CST

The Worst Valentine's Gift...

Since my birthday is the day after Valentine's Day we usually had a double-duty celebration.  My 50th birthday was coming up and our daughters wanted to have a family party.  They made their usual heart shaped cake, made dinner and decorated the house, and my husband was late getting home; last minute shopping.  this was not uncommon for any gift giving occaision, however with guests it didn't bode well.  Hmmm!!!  Since it was the big 50 and Valentine's Day, I was hoping to get something truly special and significant...  He went to Costco and brought me home a set of T-fal saute pans, in a plastic bad, no card, no wrapping and said he thought I'd like it!!!  Oh, my gosh, I wanted to clonk him over the head with them!  I already had 2 sets of cookware, mine and my mom's plus her wonderful cast-iron skillets. 

The end of the story is...after 19 years we split up and I gave the pans back to him.  He looked at me stunned and said, "I gave those to you!"  My response was, "you need them more than I do."  I still have the cast iron skillets, and my mom's stainless, gave mine away to someone who needed them.  Don't know if he still has the saute pans, but we are friends in spite of a messy break-up.  Even though there were many years of strange and last minute gifts, I can smile while writing this!!!

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | Next | Last