Message Boards

Topic : 02/12 Octuplets Scandal

Number of Replies: 594
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Wednesday, February 11, 2009, 10:37:43 am
Author : DrPhilBoard1
The discussion continues regarding Nadya Suleman, a single mother of six children, who recently gave birth to a set of octuplets. How will she care for 14 babies? Are the newborns at risk? Will this mother be able to provide stability, or are the 14 children destined for a life of neglect and poverty? Speak out!

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 11, 2009, 3:29 pm CST

Octuplets

Dr. Phil,

You mentioned on the show if there should be a limit of embroys implanted, as an IVF patient twice in BC, CANADA, because of my age, I was only allowed to have up to 2 embroys implanted at one given time.

For patients in BC, CANADA if you are under 35 yrs old you are only allowed to have 2 embryos implanted, and if you are over 35 you get 3.(at least that was what was allowed at the clinic I went through)

I think that there should a limit, because if not, then you get what this lady did, and that is not fair on these children.

February 11, 2009, 4:10 pm CST

Doctor Phil Show.

Doctor Oct Phil Scandal Uplets. How in this world could a Mother in states of Califonia have fourteen babi--

es in a small home in Beverly Hill, California? That is in possible. See you on Thursday Feburary 12th, 20-

09. Sincerley Your. Russell Vlaanderen.------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

February 11, 2009, 4:15 pm CST

don't blame her

First of all, the embryos are transferred into the uterus....not implanted.

THe embryos implant themselves if they are viable and the uterine environment is primed for "implantation".  The chances of implantation are generally very low. 

However, with this patients previous history (fertiilty), the doctor should not have transferred more than one embryo.

This doctor should not have treated her period knowing her circumstances.  I feel the doc should be held financially responsible for these children.

Second point.  Any doctor that sees multiple follicles present themselves on an ultrasound will not do an intrauterine insemination due to the risk of multiples....i.e kate plus 8.  so the doctors treatment of patients is once again poor.

As an embryologist I know how these multiples occur and just how to avoid.

February 11, 2009, 6:02 pm CST

octuplets

Dr. Phil

I think the reason the lady had the 8 babys is to try to get on TV. Look at the shows on the air now.

There is the family of 18 kids that as a show and then there is the family with 8 kids on TV.

So i think the reason she had the 8 babys and the 6 other kids is to get on TV and make a lot of money.

February 11, 2009, 6:39 pm CST

Octuplets

I believe that the in vetro (IVF) doctor should be held financially responsible for the 8 new babies until they reach age 18.

I can't imagine how he can rationalize his part in creating 8 new babies.  He is supposed to be the one that is educated and be able to discern if this procedure is/would be 'proper' under the mother's circumstances and mental capabilities.

Any IVF doctor should know his/her patient well enough to know if that mother/father can be good parents.  The IVF doctor always has the right to say no.

February 11, 2009, 10:13 pm CST

helpless babies

The Dr. that implanted this woman should be accountable and take full responsible for their welfare until they reach college age.  In the 70's when I had "band aid surgery" for birth control the Dr. required my husbands signature for this simple surgery. Why in the world would a Dr. knowingly do a surgery as major as this one knowing the world population problem we already have and the fact that this woman had no spouse? I know times have certainly changed since the 70's but if someone (Dr., hospital, lawyer, etc.) isn't accountable for unjustifiable acts like this then who is? Us the taxpayers?? Not only that but all of this woman's children should be removed from her. Obviously she is not in her right mind, and she should IMMEDIATELY have HER TUBES TIED !!

February 12, 2009, 4:53 am CST

02/12 Octuplets Scandal

I really think that thos woman did this to get a tv show. Don't het me wrong I love jon and Kate plus 8. They have a solid relatioship and Jon is in the picture. I honestly everyone involved wanted meida to give a show on a woman with 14 kids and a single mother. All the other families they have on actually have support from there partners..... So I think that there is a lot behind this story that the public may never find the bottomof this story!!!!

February 12, 2009, 5:13 am CST

Octuplets Mother

I Think this woman has some issues & what her & her doctor did was wrong! On CNN News, it states she has her own website asking for money, unbelieveable, She has no right to ask for money!!!

Pamela Perryman

February 12, 2009, 5:38 am CST

15 minutes of fame

I really think shows like Jon and Kate plus 8 are part of the problem. I bet this girl was looking for her 15 minutes of fame by having all these children and she thought some sponsors would want to make a show out of it. annie

February 12, 2009, 5:51 am CST

How Dare She!

How dare this mother ask for money on the internet!  Child wellfare services need to look for a home that can PROVIDE for these beautiful babies.  And the mother not only needs a psychiatrist but a good surgeon who can do a hysterectomy.

First Page | Previous Page | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next | Last