Message Boards

Topic : 02/19 Behind the Headlines: Octuplets Saga Continues

Number of Replies: 379
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, February 16, 2009, 04:10:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Single mother of six, Nadya Suleman, shocked the country by giving birth to the second-only set of octuplets recorded in the U.S. Speculation and wonderment turned to outrage and even death threats as the unemployed mom’s story developed. Now, the discussion continues, with shocking new accusations in the octuplets controversy. A former patient of Nadya’s fertility doctor speaks out! Did he ignore symptoms that could have killed her? And, should he still be practicing? Plus, exclusive video of the octuplets mom from her childhood friend. What does she have to say about the Nadya she knew in high school? And, the octo-mom’s spokesperson reveals the real reason why she had to quit! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 19, 2009, 6:48 am CST

honesty

You know I have to be honest. I keep hearing people say that our tax dollars are having to pay for this womans kids. Well to be completely honest id rather my tax dollars go to help some kids who will need the help, rather then go to some of the other crap it goes to. My tax dollars are having to go to our "oh so great law inforcement" in my town. and 6 months ago those Cops beat my brother to death. I have no choice but to pay those men. At least if those kids got it, it would be helping...

February 19, 2009, 7:22 am CST

Mortgage woes for Octomom's parents

Today's news revealed that Nadya Sullyman's parents are way behind in their mortgage, and the house may go up for auction in May, 2009. This story just gets worse by the day.

February 19, 2009, 7:24 am CST

what I think

these children are going to need help. and i thing the doctor that inplanted these eggs in this lady should

be forced to help pay for there rasining. he knew the situation before inplanting of the eggs. and did not consider the childrens well being. so he should be forced to do so for the remander of there life.

February 19, 2009, 7:48 am CST

True responsibility!

Honestly, I am tired of blame being put on the doctor/medical facility that implanted her embryos. I'm not a doctor, so maybe there are steps he could've/should've taken and didn't. In the end, though, it was her decision (poor decision, IMO) not his. There was probably nothing he could've said to make her change her mind by the way she is acting/reacting now. Personally, I don't fully agree with invetro fertilization - but it's still the woman's (or couple's) decision, not the doctor's. It frustrates me that we are a nation that doesn't want people/the government telling us what to do but when something negative happens to us we want someone there to blame or pick up the pieces for us. It can't be both ways. If there is blame to place in this situation, it is on the mother, not the doctor that was paid to do his JOB!!!

February 19, 2009, 7:54 am CST

Ugh!

Quote From: terriapril

these children are going to need help. and i thing the doctor that inplanted these eggs in this lady should

be forced to help pay for there rasining. he knew the situation before inplanting of the eggs. and did not consider the childrens well being. so he should be forced to do so for the remander of there life.

I just can't see how it is his responsibility to consider HER children's well being. It's obviously her lack of responsibility that got her into this mess in the first place. They aren't dolls, they are living human beings that require time and money. If the sperm donator doesn't have any responsibility - there is no way the doctor should have any. If I buy a car, knowing I shouldn't or can't afford it should the dealer be responsible for paying for it for me in the event that I can't. It's time for all of us to take responsibility for our own actions instead of always having someone else to blame!!!!

February 19, 2009, 8:11 am CST

Please tell me the differene???

I have two situations that I want all of u who are sending those death threats to this woman to read. feel free to comment :)

Woman A- we will call her Mary...  She gets pregnant at 16... therefore she cant finish school and winds up living in a poor neighborhhood relying on welfare. We'll say responsibility isnt her best quality. And soon after she gives birth.... OH NO! she is pregnant again. (now mind you she isnt with the first babys father and she doesnt know the father of this current pregnancy) so again... more relying on the welfare system. And of course because she couldnt afford the first child...she definatley cant afford the second one. Lets just say every 3 years she has 2 babies. thats leaving well over 6 months in between pregnancies (roughly) So we'll say this goes on until this woman is 36.  LOOKY LOOKY by then she will have around 14 children. And yet she is STILL relying on the welfare system and taxpayers money to get by.

now... we have Woman B- well we will call her NADYA- (well u all already know that story)

SO please tell me the difference between someone who chooses to not use protection and CHOOSES to get pregnant OVER AND OVER AND OVER again...... compared to someone who CHOOSES to have the babies in groups??? They both still end up with 14 children and they both still end up on the welfare system?? SO..... Please before u continure to send death threats and hate mail to this woman.... Please find all those irresponsible people who have had all those children over time and get them too.... condemn them to hell.... cuss them out... Why pinpoint one woman.... When you cant pinpoint them all?? because she was in the media??

I do however think that it was very selfish of this woman to choose to have all these children. But, it done... and we cant take that back now. I dont understand why the world is being so hateful. If you all really care that much.... Go to the offices of where these procedures get done... harrass the patients there.... oh wait...like i said cant get em all now can u? I think u all should be ashamed of yourselves. sure your opinion can be heard... but death threats? what is that really going to do? does that make you feel better?? make ur life more enjoyable? So instead of wasting your time writing and calling and making all those threats.... please.... save it. Telling one woman that u want and think she should die isnt going to change anything. They are just words. empty threats.... that arent needed. She is going to have it hard enough.... im sure. SO leave this ONE woman alone and focus on all the other "baby mamas" out there who arent in the spotlight but have roughly the same situation just had a different way of getting there..... i'll give u one more analogy in case u didnt quite get there...

Bob works at a clothing store as a cashier..... and becomes a manager..... throughout the years Bob has secretly been taking money out of his cashiers drawer.. alittle here a little there.... now its been 10 years and Bob has stolen roughly over.....$9000..... ught oh bobs in trouble.

now theres.... Tim.... Tim decides he is going to take money from hsi works safe.... he take $9000 on the night of his office party. ught oh he also gets caught....

So which is worse? the man who stole it over time or the one who stole it all at once??? Isnt both of them illegal? yep. Same Story and different situations. There ya have it folks. So move on. and stop harrassing that woman.

February 19, 2009, 8:14 am CST

WHERE IS THE KINDNESS IN THE WORLD

I WATCHED YOUR SHOW TODAY AND I AM AT WORK AND NEVER GET TO SEE IT. WHAT IF SHE IS A GREAT MOTHER? THERE ARE PARENTS OUT THERE THAT CANT BE A GOOD PARENT TO ONE CHILD.  YES SHAME ON THE DOCTOR, I WORK IN THE DENTAL FEILD AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT YOUR PT. BELEIVE IN YOU AND THE STAFF. SO YOU COULD TELL THEM ALOT OF THINGS THAT COULD MAKE THEM BELEIVE IT WAS THE RIGHT THING TO DO. I AM NOT SAYING THAT IS WHAT HAPPEN. YES THERE ARE A LOT OF CHILDREN BUT PEOPLE SIT AT HOME AND DONT WORK AT ALL AND WE AS TAX PAYERS PAY FOR THAT . I WOULD RATHER KNOW THAT MY MONEY IS GOING TO CHILDREN AND A GOOD MOTHER RAISING THEM THAN THE PEOPLE DOING NOTHING OUT THERE. WE HAVE SO MANY PEOPLE WITH BIG HEARTS THEY WILL HELP HER. IT TAKES A COMMUNITY TO RASE A GOOD CHILD NOT JUST THE PARENT. THERE IS A HIGHER GOOD THAN WHAT SHE OR ANYONE KNOW OF WHY THOSE CHILDREN NEEDED TO BE HERE. GIVE HER A BREAK.

February 19, 2009, 8:36 am CST

Nadya Suleman (aka "Oct Mom")

To my dismay, Nadya Suleman appears to be a pathological liar and master manipulator.  In addition, she may be suffering from some form of mental and/or emotional illness.

I have some questions below that I hope someone can answer. Here goes:

QUESTIONS:

1)  Who are the fathers of these 14 children?

2)  By law, don't sperm donors have an  obligation to pay child support?

3)  If Nadya Suleman submitted less than honest information on her signed applications for local, state and/or federal government benefits, aren't those inaccuracies punishable by fine and or jail?

4)  Because realistically Nadya, and her elderly, fatigued parents, are not humanly able to properly care for 14 children on their own, don't the local, state, and/or federal governments have the right to take them away from her to protect the children?

5)  Don't we, the taxpayers, have a right to influence the outcome of this dilemma, in the best interest of these innocent, vulnerable, and perhaps disabled children?

6)  What is Nadya's relationship with the fertility clinic where she worked?
     a. Did she have access to donated sperm and/or eggs?
     b. Records of donors?
     c. Supplies?

7)  Were Nadya and her questionable doctor in cahoots with the process, as well as the tools of the trade?

8)   Did she really have enough money to artificially implant have fourteen  (14)  babies in that manipulated, artificial manner.

9)  Investigation of  the doctors involvement of this oddity must be questioned and examined thoroughly. Were they trying to make medical history?

Clearly, this is a time for triage! The well-being and nurturing of those little babies should be our first priority. However, this includes determining the sanity and motives of their mother.

Remember, there were eight (8) babies squished into that one woman's womb.  Who knows how the new lives will develop. They could have additional challenges with regard to the type of nutrition, ventilation, lack of, or inability to, move freely in their mother's womb.

While the medical team is vigilantly caring for the children, we need to start searching for the father(s) of all 14 of Nadya's children.

I, for one, wonder sometimes if the same doctor, who is responsible for implanting all 14 lives into the womb of the same woman father, is their father, as well as their doctor.

Lets have a unified meeting of the minds and get to the bottom of this twisted and turned medical oddity.

Meanwhile, we ought to push to rewrite the laws, ethics, and morality of creating/injecting unnatural methods of pregnancy. Furthermore, Nadya's case ought to be used as an example why NOT to play with human embryos in real life, or...let those involved accept responsibility when something, like in this case, goes wrong.

May God bless all those children, because no one else can.

Concerned Grandmother in Virginia

February 19, 2009, 8:36 am CST

Octuplites

This is my first time posting anything, so forgive me if I do something wrong.  I just have a couple of questions about this topic.  If I were to go and try to adopt that many infants, or even just a couple, would I have to go through a mental evaluation, a social worker coming to my home to make sure of the living conditions, my finances looked at and my marital status?  If there is a yes answer to any of these questions, why should it be any different for someone having that many embryos implanted?  I am angry with the mother and her doctor.  With everything she already has to deal with, how unfair of her to want more and for others hard earned tax dollars that don't always go to those that really need it.  I really hope the best for these children and that they will grow up to be an asset to the community.  I also really hope that there is a strong, loving, committed support group and/or friends that are willing to sacrifice their time to help out.

Thank you for reading,

Mrs. Annette Hammerton

February 19, 2009, 9:04 am CST

What are they going to do?

DR. Phill,  Todays show was really hit hard with your guest, but theres a bigger problem around the corner awaiting for them and thats foreclosure.  In the National news yesterday they stated her parents were near $28.000.00 in the rear.  So if that goes through, thats 17 people on the street, including 8 newborns and 6 kids. After being a Police officer for 15 years,  and seeing what I've seen I think your guest Nancy Grace  said whats going to happen.  I think family services is going to have no other choice but to step in and take over, unless someone else or and a organization can step up and help now.  Nadya should have thought about all of this before going through this again on how many people this was going to effect.  Now her parents are going to lose there home because of this and be on the street, the kids being slipt up and for what? What has she really gain out of all of this? Did she snap? Only God knows.        copflyer

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next | Last