Message Boards

Topic : 02/19 Behind the Headlines: Octuplets Saga Continues

Number of Replies: 379
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, February 16, 2009, 04:10:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Single mother of six, Nadya Suleman, shocked the country by giving birth to the second-only set of octuplets recorded in the U.S. Speculation and wonderment turned to outrage and even death threats as the unemployed mom’s story developed. Now, the discussion continues, with shocking new accusations in the octuplets controversy. A former patient of Nadya’s fertility doctor speaks out! Did he ignore symptoms that could have killed her? And, should he still be practicing? Plus, exclusive video of the octuplets mom from her childhood friend. What does she have to say about the Nadya she knew in high school? And, the octo-mom’s spokesperson reveals the real reason why she had to quit! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 19, 2009, 10:04 am CST

02/19 Behind the Headlines: Octuplets Saga Continues

Quote From: ahammerton

This is my first time posting anything, so forgive me if I do something wrong.  I just have a couple of questions about this topic.  If I were to go and try to adopt that many infants, or even just a couple, would I have to go through a mental evaluation, a social worker coming to my home to make sure of the living conditions, my finances looked at and my marital status?  If there is a yes answer to any of these questions, why should it be any different for someone having that many embryos implanted?  I am angry with the mother and her doctor.  With everything she already has to deal with, how unfair of her to want more and for others hard earned tax dollars that don't always go to those that really need it.  I really hope the best for these children and that they will grow up to be an asset to the community.  I also really hope that there is a strong, loving, committed support group and/or friends that are willing to sacrifice their time to help out.

Thank you for reading,

Mrs. Annette Hammerton
i feel that everyone is judgeing her too much when there is other people in different nationalities with mre kids than she has living in one or two bedrooms and no one is critizing them. people need to mind there business quit harassing her and be adults and grow up, this is a decision she chose to make something she has to deal with, if i were her i would tell everyone that is calling her names judgeing her life style to go to hell. things will get better for her alot of single moms are making it so what if she has 14 kids her life and choice their not in danger their very healthy and yall are making it unstable for her so leave her alone take care of ur own grow up and mind ya business.

February 19, 2009, 10:30 am CST

My Prayer for the MOM, Grandmother and ALL THE CHILDEREN

Hello I am writhing reguarding the Octuplets, you know it bothers me so much because yes the mother now has 14 children which I could not ever emigen along with handicap childern as well. But for her live to be so broad casted and for all the HATEFUL things people are saying about her. I know it is a bad situation but I think those awful people need to stop and think of how it would be if THEY WERE IN HER SHOESI AND HOW THEY WOULD FEEL. You see people are so quick to judge others and speak quickly before they think about what they say or do.

My heart goes out to the women and all her Childeren. I pray that God puts his loving hands and angels all around them, to guide and protect them. I know as time goes on it will all work out. And for people to say they know that childerns services should and will step in. Well time will tell and hopefuly with Gods help that will not happen.

MY prayers and love to the Mom and ALL THE CHILDEREN AND TO THE GRANDMOTHER

Grace

February 19, 2009, 10:37 am CST

This is a call for regulation

Instead of stealing tax payer dollars to fund plastic surgery for welfare queens and kings, their mansions, and their gas guzzlers, the government needs to start writing some laws and regulating irresponsible selfish people.    To be able to have invetro fertilization you should have to be able to pass a credit check, show you have saving, income, not have a litter of other children, have a place for the children to live, etc.   

As for those of you who actually care about the selfish princess, don't worry Obama and Congress will steal your tax payer dollars to pay for her stupidy.   

February 19, 2009, 10:47 am CST

It is my business because its my money!

Quote From: shuemak87

i feel that everyone is judgeing her too much when there is other people in different nationalities with mre kids than she has living in one or two bedrooms and no one is critizing them. people need to mind there business quit harassing her and be adults and grow up, this is a decision she chose to make something she has to deal with, if i were her i would tell everyone that is calling her names judgeing her life style to go to hell. things will get better for her alot of single moms are making it so what if she has 14 kids her life and choice their not in danger their very healthy and yall are making it unstable for her so leave her alone take care of ur own grow up and mind ya business.
The government is stealing my tax payer dollars to give to this welfare queen and many more like her.   I rent -I was responsible and didn't buy a home I could not afford.  People who signed mortgages they could not afford and pay interest only are basically renters as well, they are just renting from the banks.  Is the government going to pay my rent if I can't pay it any more because I get taxed to death to pay for the cry babies who made the choice to buy a home they could not afford?   

And don't say those children aren't in danger?   How is she going to watch fourteen kids?    When she turns her back that is all it will take for one of them to run into the street and get hit my some fool in an SUV talking on a cell phone, drown in a pool, lake, bathtub, etc.    

When she pays back all the tax payer dollars she has stole and stops taking tax payer dollars then I will leave her alone.   If I am paying your way I will say whatever I want about you.   Granted for the Dr. Phil board I will keep it PG, this is really the PG version of what I have to say about her and all the other welfare queens and kings.   

February 19, 2009, 11:07 am CST

Are you serious???????

Quote From: nancy45042

Hello I am writhing reguarding the Octuplets, you know it bothers me so much because yes the mother now has 14 children which I could not ever emigen along with handicap childern as well. But for her live to be so broad casted and for all the HATEFUL things people are saying about her. I know it is a bad situation but I think those awful people need to stop and think of how it would be if THEY WERE IN HER SHOESI AND HOW THEY WOULD FEEL. You see people are so quick to judge others and speak quickly before they think about what they say or do.

My heart goes out to the women and all her Childeren. I pray that God puts his loving hands and angels all around them, to guide and protect them. I know as time goes on it will all work out. And for people to say they know that childerns services should and will step in. Well time will tell and hopefuly with Gods help that will not happen.

MY prayers and love to the Mom and ALL THE CHILDEREN AND TO THE GRANDMOTHER

Grace

First off I would not put myself in her shoes.   You talk like she was raped or something?   She voluntarily took my money (aka tax payer dollars) and went to a clinic to get pregnant!

As I have stated to people before, if you are a welfare queen and I am paying for you, I will say what I want.  When she pays me and the other tax payers back our money and stops stealing money from us than I will stop being a critic.    This just doesn't go for her either it goes for all the cry babies who have created their own misery from those at Citibank to the irresponsible people who bought homes they could not afford, to Nadya Sullman.   If this is what the government wastes by hard earned tax payer dollars, I want my money back-don't you!   If you want to go looking for and judging awful people go judge these awful people who are causing the next great depression.    

As for the children the best thing that can happen to them, particulary the babies is for CPS to take them now, while they are easily adoptable as newborns-verses years later when they are no longer the babies that adopting families want and spent the rest of their childhood in groups homes and worse.  

As for God: God helps those who helps themselves.   

February 19, 2009, 11:21 am CST

I thought that was the tax payers job.

Quote From: robynhennig

I just can't see how it is his responsibility to consider HER children's well being. It's obviously her lack of responsibility that got her into this mess in the first place. They aren't dolls, they are living human beings that require time and money. If the sperm donator doesn't have any responsibility - there is no way the doctor should have any. If I buy a car, knowing I shouldn't or can't afford it should the dealer be responsible for paying for it for me in the event that I can't. It's time for all of us to take responsibility for our own actions instead of always having someone else to blame!!!!
You know to pay for our hoards of children, mansions, plastic surgery, gas guzzlers, private jets, vacations, our office redecorations........

OH I love you Obama, thanks for stealing from all the responsible people and giving the money to fake victims like me-oh I'm such a victim: Bush made me sign my mortgage and it is all his fault, along with Joe, Sue and Sally.    I seriously like would have made my mortgage accept I saw this super cute coach bag and just had to have it.     But you understand-just hit up some more responsible renters who think they are just go special because they like what's it called-saved their money.   Oh look there is a bus stop with hourly wage earners-oh Obama won't you hit them up for me too.    

February 19, 2009, 11:34 am CST

What will happen to these children???

Every time I go to watch TV I here about this women who already had 6 children and choose to have more. I think regardless of if she knew that she was or wasn't having 8 children this time around why if she already had 6 children, was unemployed, living in a small house with her mother would she do this. I do strongly believe that we should worry about these children but how the heck is she thinking she is going to support all of these children!!!!  I watched the show when Kate from Jon and Kate plus 8 was on and she stated that it took all the energy she had to go thru the first year of the babies... and she only had a set of twins at home and only had 6 to take home unlike this women who had 6 children ALREADY at home and will be bringing 8 more home... where will she be sleeping these babies? I think we all have a right to be angry at this women it was her chose to do this and know she wants assistance from the government to help with the expenses even though I here she states she will do the best she can but she did forget to add to that with THE HELP OF TAX PAYERS... something just must not be right in her head is all I can think of. I have one child who is 3 years old and I feel like I wish I could give her more I want her to have a successful future for her to go to college... HOW IN THE HECK will the women be even thinking of sending her children off to college, or better yet how is she going to afford to dress these children for regular school... buy school supplies for these children. How will she be able to provide the attention that all these children need??? I have seen previous posting that we should not criticize these women for having so many children if in the past or in other countries they have even more than 14 children... BUT are 8 of those children all the same age and all others about the same age with some with special needs. My grandparents all had over 10 children YEARS ago... and not all the same age...  I hear stories from my parents and their siblings about how tough it was growing up they all had to pitch in and help out.... and back then they did not get government assists... yes they did make it but at times they would not eat and most of them just didn't even finish school because they had to drop out to start working. So I think it is ridiculous to make that compression. I just hope that these children will get the help they need and will be able to stay with their mother in a SAFE environment!!! I think we can only wish them the best and may God Bless them!!!

February 19, 2009, 11:56 am CST

Now what?

I have to say that I completely agree with Dr. Phil's position about this situation. The mother made a very bad as well as selfish decision to get pregnant again, and the result was 8 babies, but now what? I think we do need to stop putting so much energy into hating her, the doctor, and the decisions made and focus on the children in the background. Unfortunately, no matter what happens to all these kids, we as tax payers will be paying for them. If they are removed, tax dollars are paying costs just as much as they will be at home with the mom. I have a 6 week old baby in the neonatal progressive care nursery that was born at 28 weeks weighing 1lb and 7oz. I know all too well what an expense this can be. In the state I live there is a provision for children born prematurely to receive SSI. They are considered to be disabled. The benefit here is that you get Medicaid. This was done, because no normal person in the US (even with insurance) can afford the medical bills that come with a preemie. Her medical bills will be covered, but I worry about how she will care for them at home. How are these tiny babies going to have a chance at a good life? Where do we go from here?

February 19, 2009, 11:59 am CST

WOW

I hope this story ends with a good ending; at least for the sake of the children involved.  Nobody is perfect, we all make mistakes.  The important thing to remember is to learn from it and move on.  We can't fix or change want has happened but you can plan for the future.  I wish her the best of luck!

February 19, 2009, 12:06 pm CST

Upset about this!

I am totally upset about this. Here I am a 22 (almost 23) year old woman with 1 child and I am getting no help from doctors to "fix" me! I have LOW hormone levels and the doctors won't touch me because I am not a soldier. So needless to say we have been told to hang it up. We are financially secure we have a personal business my husband is in the military so we have jobs. How is it that doctors can work with someone with NO home, NO job, NO financial security? I heard this story and looked at myself and was like why not me? Not that I want octuplets, but just to have the oppurtunity to sit down with a doctor that cares and is willing to help me out, Lord knows 8 is WAY too many to take care regardless if it is through one birth or 8 seperate births. I think that it is outrageous that the doctor would agree to this. He should of said "sorry I can not do this" reject her. Seriously I think that the babies need to be put up for adoption. Look at how the 6 kids she has are living. My father was a child abuse investigator and I know that the way that house was would not fly children would be removed. That place looked horrible, and she is going to add 8 more into that? That is neglect in my eyes! I give the grandmother BIG kudos because honestly I would have to tell my daughter to either get her own place and I will gladly help her, get a job so that NO ONE is flat out paying for them but her, or do the RIGHT thing and put the babies up for adoption. I think it is so unfair to the 6 she already has to add 8 more to that because they will have to basically be put to the wayside so that babies can be taken care of. I am not angry angry with her like ALOT of people are, but I am OUTRAGED at that doctor!  That is my opinion. I know I sound like I am playing a pity party because I can't find someone to help me, but you know come on as bad as I want a large family 14 is just ridiculous!

First | Prev | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next | Last