Message Boards

Topic : 02/19 Behind the Headlines: Octuplets Saga Continues

Number of Replies: 379
New Messages This Week: 0
Last Reply On:
Created on : Monday, February 16, 2009, 04:10:33 pm
Author : DrPhilBoard1
Single mother of six, Nadya Suleman, shocked the country by giving birth to the second-only set of octuplets recorded in the U.S. Speculation and wonderment turned to outrage and even death threats as the unemployed mom’s story developed. Now, the discussion continues, with shocking new accusations in the octuplets controversy. A former patient of Nadya’s fertility doctor speaks out! Did he ignore symptoms that could have killed her? And, should he still be practicing? Plus, exclusive video of the octuplets mom from her childhood friend. What does she have to say about the Nadya she knew in high school? And, the octo-mom’s spokesperson reveals the real reason why she had to quit! Join the discussion.

Find out what happened on the show.

As of January, 2009, this message board will become "Read Only" and will be closed to further posting. Please join the NEW Dr. Phil Community to continue your discussions, personalize your message board experience, start a blog and meet new friends.

February 28, 2009, 8:52 am CST

02/19 Behind the Headlines: Octuplets Saga Continues

Quote From: capriceping

ohhh what ever you people are dumb still going on and on about this its old news now
Who are you to judge our intelligence? Or, call it old news when "Dr" Phil keeps running two-day shows, including this past Wednesday and Thursday? Do you also thinks he's dumb because he stll talks about it? "Dr" Phil was dumb if he believed all those lies she told him. She was just ainvit master manipulator telling him what she thought he wanted to hear. But, that's beside the point. It's his right to "interview" her. And, our right to "discuss" it on his message board. He did extend us an invitation.

February 28, 2009, 9:30 am CST

Quote From: KateBauer

This woman worries the life out of me for the safety and well being of her children. When I see the shot of her holding one of her older children, and see how she bounces the baby on her lap, while constantly kissing him she looks deranged. I noticed the manicured nails, I worked full time for over 41 years, make good money, and have never had a manicure. Must be nice to have the State of California pay for all her bills. I pray all the children are taken away from her, they don't stand a chance with her rearing them.
This past Thursday; at the end of his fifth, and counting; show on this obviously deranged gal; "Dr" Phil informed us that the hospital has refused to release any of the octuplets to her because she's got no way of caring and providing for, or housing; them. And, it seems doubtful she ever will. The hospital ought to contact CPS and start arranging some foster care for these babies. I doubt very many of us will be listening to "Dr" Phil's "appeals" to send her money.

February 28, 2009, 9:50 am CST

Quote From: annstrang

I'm sorry, but I an a hard working parent who was taught as a child that I had to learn to provide for my future and my family.  Why do I and everyone else as taxpayers have to get stuck supporting this person with no commen sense.  I also belive that these 8 inocent babies deserve better and should be place either in foster homes or let loving families adopt them and give them the love and supprt they will so desperately require down the road. 

And begging for donations via your television program is not the right thing to do.  I greately respect you and your show topics, but this lady belongs in a looney bin, not raising 14 children with parents that also look to be a little off!

It's this "begging for donations via" his "television program" especially this past Thursday at the end of his two-day "interview" of  this obvious nut-case's play him like a fiddle.
She claimed, on Thursday's show, that she'd been implanted with six embryos every time she's had IVF. After admitting, on Wednesday's show, that she's only been implanted with two or three, until this last time. And, Dr Phil swallowed Thursday's lie hook, line, and sinker.
And, her "admission" of doing the "wrong" thing? Just another of her many lies. She just told Dr Phil what he obviously wanted to hear. And, what he told her we wanted to hear. But, I'm not buying it.
Dr Phil was, in effect, telling her, just tell me what I want to hear and I'll beg my viewers to send some money.
This show did, after all end with his personal "appeal" to donate money.
Time to quit rewarding lying and other wrong-doing, "Dr" Phil. And, asking us to join in.

March 2, 2009, 5:35 am CST

Octo Mom

I agree with some of the posts on here. I too have been working for 40 plus years to help support my family and I'm sick of the way we have to pay for the people on welfare that do not deserve it. I don't mind helping the ones that have no choice but to be on this program but ones like the "octo Mom" is just plain not right.

I think the best thing that could happen to these babies is to have them all placed in foster care or better yet be adopted to families that will be able to give them a decent future.

If I had my way not one cent of my tax dollars would go to help her.

March 2, 2009, 10:54 am CST

The Legality of the Issue

I feel that Nadya has issues and that the IVF Doctor took advantage of her vulnerability. I would like to know if Nadya had signed any legal waivers at the request of the IVF Doctor?  I believe that the Doctor should step forward and financially make it right for Nadya and the children.  Being a Doctor of Medicine, the IVF Doctor should have known there were issues with Nadya and refused the process!  I believe that Nadya has a solid legal case for litigation.

March 4, 2009, 8:24 am CST

Octuplet Mom

In animal or vet circles this kind of behavior is called hoarding. Someone who rescues more animals than they can possibly take care of. They will put themselves in debt and even become homeless just to keep their beloved animals. They will ignore their own health and welfare to be able to care for their animals. They soon shun all outside contact for fear that their animals will be taken from them. Animal Shelters are taught to watch for this behavior. This comes from a deep desire to be loved, needed and wanted. This mother need drastic therapy and immediate intervention.  I believe that the Doctors and the clinic where the embryo's were in planted should take full medical and financial care of all (14) children. Their (the Dr's) reckless disregard for consequences created this heartfelt problem. Maybe if they were to suffer ( in their wallets) for their negligence, this kind of thing will never happen again.

March 5, 2009, 12:53 pm CST

I have saddness for them kids

I believe the kids are the ones that will suffer. I still cant believe after she had already had 6 kids she could go and try to have even 1 more. Why would she need 1 more! So sad. I think she should think about adopting some of these babies out so that they can be raised by loving parents who have time to meet each and everyone of them babies needs. I cant understand child after child she has had and no father to help? I guess i am just mad cause so many people want to have children and cant because of a variety of

reason , but this woman had they said over 30 embryo's? And she said she wouldnt feel right letting anyone have any??? Hmmm selfish woman if you ask me. Very selfish and i bet she just loves all this

attention she is getting now. Maybe she was trying for this all along.

I hope that someone wakes up and realizes this is wrong on so many levels

but just my opinion. Them poor babies deserve good lives, and i dont think that woman can

give them babies the lives they deserve.  And I am upset that she is on the show and her mother said

she needs a house, who is gonna pay for that house, who is gonna pay all the bills, taxes etc?? Oh wait the tax payers , not right!!!  Tired of all these people that put themselves in these positions and then

cry poor me!

March 5, 2009, 12:54 pm CST

i agree

Quote From: grams6

I agree with some of the posts on here. I too have been working for 40 plus years to help support my family and I'm sick of the way we have to pay for the people on welfare that do not deserve it. I don't mind helping the ones that have no choice but to be on this program but ones like the "octo Mom" is just plain not right.

I think the best thing that could happen to these babies is to have them all placed in foster care or better yet be adopted to families that will be able to give them a decent future.

If I had my way not one cent of my tax dollars would go to help her.

i agree with you 100 percent!!

March 9, 2009, 10:50 am CDT

Quote From: capriceping

and how is this any of your concern it is time for people to move on get a life and stop talking about her
I wish Dr Phil would get talking to her! He's already run five shows on her. And, twice, they were two-parters. Today, he advertised a sixth show, a "private conversation" with her, to air tomorrow. And, I'm afraid it's going to be another two-parter. Dr Phil, we're sick of her. And, we aren't sending her any money, so quit asking us!

First | Prev | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | Next Page | Last Page